THE BIBLE and GOD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 278 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

Some time ago I decided to become mostly silent in this forum.
    But witnessing DK starting to question some things forced me to again
    offer an opinion. It is only my opinion so everyone is welcome to disregard it
    if they wish.

Keep searching DK. Do not be afraid to pass on what you find.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim,
    I've come to the same conclusion that you have.
    However, from time to time, it's important to immerge and offer hope for those who are questioning. It's good for them to get Nick and Keith's stance on obeying every word as it's written (because of all the smart guys who translated it)…..but it's also very liberating to say, “It's okay…..search and question.”

Newsflash! It's also okay to find errors……because they're there.
    Perfect living Word.
    Not so perfect written Word.

Lots of unanswered questions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Servants serve according to the Master's instructions.
    They are not as free as the gnostics or universalists but the rewards are greater.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 13 2008,06:51)
    Hi not3,
    Servants serve according to the Master's instructions.
    They are not as free as the gnostics or universalists but the rewards are greater.

According to the “written” instructions?

Haven't you heard, Nick? The written instructions ARE FLAWED!

Could you imagine trying to follow flawed instructions to build a house?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Guess what .
    God is in charge.

Kick back and watch Him at work.
    He guards the Word so we can trust it

Not3in1
    Participant

No He hasn't guarded the Word!!!

And because He hasn't…..I don't trust it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    So your beef is with Him because he left some challenges?
    God is bigger that your view

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 13 2008,06:35)
    Tim,
    I've come to the same conclusion that you have.
    However, from time to time, it's important to immerge and offer hope for those who are questioning. It's good for them to get Nick and Keith's stance on obeying every word as it's written (because of all the smart guys who translated it)…..but it's also very liberating to say, “It's okay…..search and question.”

Newsflash! It's also okay to find errors……because they're there.
    Perfect living Word.
    Not so perfect written Word.

Lots of unanswered questions.

Mandy/Timothy,

I totally agree with both of you.

When I started searching I did a lot of having ideas and looking for what people said about those ideas, I had questions and no answers to give anyone, also sometimes if you ask a question, and when there are too much contradictory answers given it can be overwhelming, so I would read and not post, there will be those people wondering, searching, reading and learning but not posting that are being helped by these forums.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Who said we would understand it all?
    Peter didn't.

It just matters that we see it in the light God intends-as a gift from Him that is slowly unwrapped.
    Just because you cut your finger doing so does not mean you throw the gift away.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 13 2008,07:08)
    Hi not3,
    Guess what .
    God is in charge.

Kick back and watch Him at work.
    He guards the Word so we can trust it

God sent His Holy Spirit to guide us, in the bible is wheat and tares, test all things hold fast to what is good

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Are there any verses you still hold as precious?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 13 2008,07:45)
    Hi not3,
    Are there any verses you still hold as precious?

Hi Nick,

There are many sentences in various books that I hold precious.  The same is true for the bible.  However, I do not blindly believe that God inspired every word.  Further, I do not believe he would agree with every word that is present in it's current collection!!

To buy the whole thing without question is truly insulting to God, imo.  We have been shown the copies; we have been shown the families who have translated; we have read about the scholars and publishing companies who have hidden agendas, we have seen proof that verses were tampered with…..it goes on and on.  YET, you believe every word to be from God?  Scripture is beautiful you say….really?  How about the ones added by scribes?  Are they beautiful, too?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi nots,
    Should we start with the verse Jesus quoted from Isaiah?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    We need to gather the fragments of bread that you trust.

But that trust will also need to extend to the prophets and apostles
    and to some degree God's influence over the translators.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers and Sisters,
    Inspite of all those speculations and counter arguments on Bible which was compiled by humans like you and me, let the Living word of God prevail and divide it properly to reveal the truth of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Don't be so much frustrated my brothers and Sisters. There is peace and sufficiency with our God. Trust Him He will guide you properly but not on human confusions.

Thanks and peace to all
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…….Much of the Bible is not literal but Spiritual and we need to Have the Spirit to understand it, or we will just take every thing physically and literally. I don't think the Scripture were meant to be so easily understood and they definitely take Spirit to give them Sound meaning and understanding, One thing i have learned if it don't make sense Keep digging and Praying for help. But when complete sentences have been added or subtracted and wrong word implanted as Our present Text is we Have to have Spirit of God to make sense out of it all. I am willing to bet the total fundamentals of our salvation could probably be written is Just a few Pages. Some times to many words cloud up the vision.

love to all and peace too…………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All….> what bothers me here is some go over the boundaries of subject matter to person attacks on intent and character of a person, that i find offensive and i have done that at times myself, and ask for forgiveness if i have offended anyone Here.

I love all of you very much…………….gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

:)

Its seems I have touched a nerve with some here…

Again…I would like the boards thoughts on whether they think there is “Truth in all faiths”…and whether they think GOD can be found by taking the truth that is found in all faiths and puting them together in a sort of composite picture that reveals the “truth of GOD”

dirtyknections
    Participant

Can I please get some comments on these thoughts yall:

Let's all start and agree with the premise that Divinity is Big. Quite probably beyond our ability to grasp its vastness. Bigger than the Earth, even!

Okay. Now look out your window and describe what you see. Did you just describe every feature of our planet, or just a small part that you have seen and are familiar with?

If you can't describe all of our little planet, how can you expect to describe all of Divinity?

Just as I can look outside and say “The Earth is a muddy swamp like my backyard is after the rain” you might say “The Earth is a dry hot arid place” because you've had a year of drought.

A Religion is basically like looking out your window and describing Divinity as you see it. It is impossible for you to describe it in its entirety as you haven't seen it in its entirety.

As a result each religion is expressing the portion of Divinity that the people who created it could see.

Just because you see one thing doesn't mean that somebody else can't see a different aspect of Divinity and be just as correct as you are. Just like I see mud outside my window and you see a cracked river bed. We're both right. It's just that we're looking at something so big that we each see a different part of it.

Just because you don't see the same thing I do doesn't mean that I'm wrong. We can both be right if we're seeing different things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DK,
    Religion?
    James 1:27
    Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.  

Men love human religion and God does not involve himself in that.
    True faith grounded in scripture is better.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account