THE BIBLE and GOD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 278 total)
  • Author

Therefore having been declared right by belief we have peace with YHWH, through our Master, Messiah (romans 5)

For the LORD takes pleasure in his people. He crowns the humble with yeshu`ah (tehellim/psalms 149.4)

lineon
    Participant

Hi,

Without the bible
    I could not think
    as I am thinking know.
    Knowing our Lord better
    and knowing a little bit
    about the future.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 11 2008,06:25)
    OK..lemme take it even further..lets talk about why we believe that the bible is GOD's word…

A good percentage of the bible is prophecy. Someone once said one third is prophecy. If the prophecies are wrong, then the bible is wrong.

It is easy to tangibly disprove the bible as true by proving if the prophecies are false.

I suggest that this would be a good test because arguing that you disagree with God is only proof that mans ways are not God's ways. God sees the big (eternal picture) and we see the now. If we saw the earth as a field with tares and wheat, then you would be patient to watch both grow to the harvest and 20 years or 90 years on planet earth are not even seconds in eternity. God uses history to show truth and speak to us.

Also most people think death is a bad thing. For the righteous it is about going home.

Not3in1
    Participant

When you die, you “go” somewhere?
    ???

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes Mandy, we go into silence when we die. There is no consciousness for the dead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    LK16 is interesting.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 19 2009,10:32)
    Hi Tim.

I see. So then I suppose that everytime you refer to the scriptures or quote a passage and your understanding of it and that God has shown that truth to you “by experience”, then it should have a waver attached to it that says…

(That is if the scriptures are true)? ???

Is that right?

Just wanted to know where you stand.

Thanks for the response.

WJ

Hi worshippingJesus,

Perhaps it should have a waver saying ” that if this scripture is true” not, as you said, “if the scriptures are true”.

I don't see how that is any different than what you, or Nick or anyone else does. We all quote a passage as God has given us understanding of it through our experience of being taught by the Holy Ghost. If God tells us that some of what we are reading is wrong, should we listen?

Tim

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim…………Amen Brother.

love and peace to you and yours……………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam………good to see your back, brother, I would like you to commit on the LAW thread i started Brother.

love and peace to you and yours……………………….gene

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 21 2009,23:17)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 19 2009,10:32)
    Hi Tim.

I see. So then I suppose that everytime you refer to the scriptures or quote a passage and your understanding of it and that God has shown that truth to you “by experience”, then it should have a waver attached to it that says…

(That is if the scriptures are true)? ???

Is that right?

Just wanted to know where you stand.

Thanks for the response.

WJ

Hi worshippingJesus,

Perhaps it should have a waver saying ” that if this scripture is true” not, as you said, “if the scriptures are true”.

I don't see how that is any different than what you, or Nick or anyone else does. We all quote a passage as God has given us understanding of it through our experience of being taught by the Holy Ghost. If God tells us that some of what we are reading is wrong, should we listen?

Tim

Hi Tim

But it is different because I do not believe any of the written scriptures we have are not true.

And the Spirit of God has witnessed to me that that they are  true. Just look at Jesus or any of the Apostles or church Fathers as an example, did they have your attitude toward the written scriptures or a written scripture?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Quite so.
    He believed scripture and proved his ministry by it.
    Lk4
    21And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Lightenup
    Participant

Very good points t8, Keith and Nick…thank you! Those have encouraged me.

Kathi

lineon
    Participant

Hi People

Understanding the past
    is nearly like understanding the future.

At least with the past we have history books
    and the bible. Why I say this is that we always
    want to prove the bible wrong or right.

Hence history books and the bible.

In both books, our past was violent
    beyond measure.
    We killed and raped and slautered
    so that we have harmed our human spirit
    to such an extent that we have blinded ourslves.

Gen 6:11  but everyone else was evil in God's sight, and violence had spread everywhere.
    Gen 6:12  God looked at the world and saw that it was evil, for the people were all living evil lives.
    Gen 6:13  God said to Noah, “I have decided to put an end to all people. I will destroy them completely, because the world is full of their violent deeds.

If you were powerful you were the top dog and people
    respected you.
    Just like now days.

Let me first say “I do not know how our God thinks.”

Our Lord matched the violence of man and wanted
    to destoy us and start all over again with Noah and
    Moses.

Exo 32:10  Now leave me alone. I'm so angry with them I am going to destroy them. Then I'll make you into a great nation.”

We humans just revel in violence,
    violence is our god.
    Today in the 21st century violence
    is still our god.

This is one of the reasons why we
    have a new covenant, because
    we all are full of violence
    and we can only be rid of this violence
    with the help of our God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (lineon @ Feb. 19 2009,20:18)
    Hi Tim

A bible
    A book
    Words
    Full stops
    Authors
    Philosophers
    Pen
    Paper
    Scissors
    Cut
    A bible
    A book
    Jesus should be in our look!

No I don't believe the bible is God!

Oh my goodness, I totally LOVE THIS!

Thanks for sharing,
    Mandy

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 19 2009,06:56)
    Hi Lineon,
    Who in this thread has said anything against God?
    I sometimes feel the need to defend His character against what the bible says about him.
    Do you believe that the bible IS God?

Tim

A-M-E-N

Just had to bump this thought back to the top…for folks like David…who think we are attacking GOD…

david
    Participant

I realize you keep “saying” you are not attacking God…and then go on to attack God's Word, the Bible.

How do you know that the bible is REALLY God's word?. . . .I am serious questioning the validity and authenticity of the bible. The bible is said to be GOD's word.. correct. Well the more and more I read the bible the more and more I see that the bible and the “GOD” of the bible named “YHWH” are not as in unity with the moral principles that are exspoused in the book as I thought….I am having a hard time believing in this “GOD” and his “Bible”“–page 1, dirty

When you say you are not attacking God, what you mean is, you are not attacking your idea of God.
    But you are attacking the God of the Bible. You apparently believe a God exists, but that he has not used the Bible to make himself known. You'll probably say we should all call him “god” and get rid of names like allah or buddha, Jesus, etc, and that it won't matter what we believe about our personal god, as if he doesn't want to be known or wouldn't attempt to communicate with us. It seems your aim is to make God unknowable, to create doubt that we could ever know the truth. I wonder who has done that before?

“for folks like David…who think we are attacking GOD…”–dirty

I think you are creating doubt about God. Would this be considered attacking him?

“DK and other fellow doubters:”–Not3
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….0;st=90

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 26 2009,18:05)
    I realize you keep “saying” you are not attacking God…and then go on to attack God's Word, the Bible.

How do you know that the bible is REALLY God's word?. . . .I am serious questioning the validity and authenticity of the bible. The bible is said to be GOD's word.. correct. Well the more and more I read the bible the more and more I see that the bible and the “GOD” of the bible named “YHWH” are not as in unity with the moral principles that are exspoused in the book as I thought….I am having a hard time believing in this “GOD” and his “Bible”“–page 1, dirty

When you say you are not attacking God, what you mean is, you are not attacking your idea of God.
    But you are attacking the God of the Bible.  You apparently believe a God exists, but that he has not used the Bible to make himself known.  You'll probably say we should all call him “god” and get rid of names like allah or buddha, Jesus, etc, and that it won't matter what we believe about our personal god, as if he doesn't want to be known or wouldn't attempt to communicate with us.  It seems your aim is to make God unknowable, to create doubt that we could ever know the truth.  I wonder who has done that before?

“for folks like David…who think we are attacking GOD…”–dirty

I think you are creating doubt about God.  Would this be considered attacking him?  

“DK and other fellow doubters:”–Not3
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….0;st=90

:)

What are your thoughts about the question box in the May KM?

Society seems to be distancing itself more and more from the individual congregations…does it not?

Seems the lawyers are having more and more say in the affairs of the org….probably worried about impending lawsuits

:D

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Dec. 16 2008,07:45)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 16 2008,06:14)
    DK and other fellow doubters:

I feel that I am about to come full circle.  I've been the doubting road, I've asked the questions (that have no answers).  I've read the other books, I've explored the other religions.

Here's the thing, where else can we turn?  Who else can we cling to?  What else do we know or have become convinced of?  If not Jesus; if not God our Creator?  The bible, in my opinion, was written by man.  Nothing is or ever was perfect except for Jesus.  We cannot have perfection until that Day.  But we have hope, and we have faith (if we don't smother it with doubt).

Everyone has to walk their own circle.  I called my circle the “Trek for truth”.  What did I find at the end of my trek?  I can tell you now:  Nothing new; nothing new under the sun.  No new revelation, new religion, or new God was found.

I still don't trust the bible.  But I trust God, and I trust my salvation is in his Son who died for me and was raised to life!  This is the culture message that I have been given.  This is my way to God; I'm taking it.  I want God, and he knows it.  If I'm wrong to do the things I do in honor of him (including church, bible reading, christmas celebrating and so on), then I'm sure he will reveal it to me – maybe not even until that Day will we know what is acceptable, and what he would have rather we let go of?  Don't sweat it, just press on towards the goal.

One thing that is for certain, today is the day of salvation!  If you hear his voice, open up your heart to him and let him in!  Worry about what church to attend, and which version of the bible to read later.  Make a solid decision in your heart to follow him…..to follow.

Love to all who search,
    Mandy

:)

I don't have a problem with you walking by the words of the bible…I just think you have to make sure you seperate what you think GOD's words are and conversely what you think are mens…

This question I pose to all who have “come full circle” in their search….

In your search, I'm sure you inquired of people who believe just as strongly in thier particular faith as do you….did you ever delve into what made THOSE particular people believe
    JUST AS STRONGLY in their faith as you do christianity?

And if you did…what did you discover?

What did that tell you about GOD and faith?

for david

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ Mar. 03 2009,02:29)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 19 2009,06:56)
    Hi Lineon,
    Who in this thread has said anything against God?
    I sometimes feel the need to defend His character against what the bible says about him.
    Do you believe that the bible IS God?

Tim

A-M-E-N

Just had to bump this thought back to the top…for folks like David…who think we are attacking GOD…

again…for david..he ignores my congruence with this thought

david
    Participant

again…for david..he ignores my congruence with this thought

As I said, I know you are saying you are agreeing. But all along, what you're really doing is planting doubt, and….attacking, perhaps not “your” god, but you are attacking the idea that the God of the Bible exists.

Or as I said:

But you are attacking the God of the Bible.

So I'm not attacking your supposed agreement. I am perhaps the only one who has read your posts in this thread three times. Saying you are agreeing while all along planting doubt is not really agreeing.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 278 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account