The Beast of Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    journey42
    Participant

Quote (before Time @ Aug. 11 2008,06:50)
    Greeting…to all

Who or what is the beast of Revelation? Coming to some considerations it would serve good to uncover some clues who this monster is lingering inside a most symbolic dynamic book.

There are two views on the writing of Revelation by John, possible John the Apostle. The late date view is the most popular and the early date running not far behind.

Was the volume addressed to the first century audience or a future generation in some time or place, or to both?

What was the intention of its writing given by God to show his servant John?

Finally, what is the theme of the manuscript?

I consider after these questions are addressed the beast will not be veiled under a dark cloud of assumption …. Or will it.

Before Time

I just realised this post was made in 2008!

Wow.

I have some catching up to do!

Is the person who wrote it still around?

Admin
    Keymaster

No not around these days.
    But I don't think dates matter too much because a reader like yourself will read it whenever, and if someone answers it, it matters little that it might be 3 years later.

:)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Journey 42,

I believe Walid Shoebat explains is most accurately…

Enjoy,
    Ed J

Pastry
    Participant

To ?

Which beast are we talking about?

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Rev 13:1 ¶ And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

The only thing they have in common are the seven heads; the horns, and the crowns, have different meanings.

Georg

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (before Time @ Aug. 11 2008,10:27)
    Greeting… 942767

Good stuff 942767! My answer will be addressed from an early date view of the writing of Revelation. The late date idea will have no meaning in the following post if this is not mentioned. This will be brought out as we go along to a halt any confusion arising from this topic.

In my estimation verses one and three of Revelation chapter one are clues or time indicator to the nearness of the following event of the book. Verse one: “the things which must soon take place” verse three: “for the time is near.” Also in verse three John said: “Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy.”

The Letter was written to the seven churches in Asia under distress from Roman prosecution brought about by Nero. Rev. 1:9, 11. It was a letter of encouragement for a waiting event soon. The brothers were waiting for relief from the onslaught of the enemy. Rev. 6:10-11

The verse you brought up 942767 in Revelation 1:19 is an interesting one but how far in the future did John suggest. Was he speaking of a two-thousand year or more time frame? How would that have comforted those who read the letter for the first time?

As for the identity of the beast being the antichrist there is no expression of it in Revelation, the only time the antichrist is mention in the bible is in the letters of John. 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3 2 John 7. In addition, in 1 John 4:3 it says: “Antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is “already” in the world.” NASU

Daniel is told to “seal up the words” of the book because the time was a long way off, the “end of the age”. Dan 12:9, 12

fascinatingly John in Revelation is told “not to seal up the words for the time was near.” So we see there is internal evidence within the book itself to give us enough hints while calculating the number of the beast. Rev. 13:18;22:10

God Bless

Before Time

Hi Beforetime.

I noticed that you have quoted 1 John 4:3.as one antichrist.
    every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus christ has come in the flesh is the spirit of anti christ.So it is not speaking of one,but of many. the scriptures never mentioned THE ANTI CHRIST, It does not exist,there is no THE ANTI CHRIST, BUT THE FALSE PROPHET,REV 19:20.
    The world seems to preach THE ANTI CHRIST. He does not exist.The son of perdition is the false prophet with the lying wonders.

Kind regards.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 28 2011,02:53)

Quote (before Time @ Aug. 11 2008,10:27)
    Greeting… 942767

Good stuff 942767! My answer will be addressed from an early date view of the writing of Revelation. The late date idea will have no meaning in the following post if this is not mentioned. This will be brought out as we go along to a halt any confusion arising from this topic.

In my estimation verses one and three of Revelation chapter one are clues or time indicator to the nearness of the following event of the book. Verse one: “the things which must soon take place” verse three: “for the time is near.” Also in verse three John said: “Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy.”

The Letter was written to the seven churches in Asia under distress from Roman prosecution brought about by Nero. Rev. 1:9, 11. It was a letter of encouragement for a waiting event soon. The brothers were waiting for relief from the onslaught of the enemy. Rev. 6:10-11

The verse you brought up 942767 in Revelation 1:19 is an interesting one but how far in the future did John suggest. Was he speaking of a two-thousand year or more time frame? How would that have comforted those who read the letter for the first time?

As for the identity of the beast being the antichrist there is no expression of it in Revelation, the only time the antichrist is mention in the bible is in the letters of John. 1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3 2 John 7. In addition, in 1 John 4:3 it says: “Antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is “already” in the world.” NASU

Daniel is told to “seal up the words” of the book because the time was a long way off, the “end of the age”. Dan 12:9, 12

fascinatingly John in Revelation is told “not to seal up the words for the time was near.” So we see there is internal evidence within the book itself to give us enough hints while calculating the number of the beast. Rev. 13:18;22:10

God Bless

Before Time

Hi  Beforetime.

I noticed that you have quoted 1 John 4:3.as one antichrist.
    every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus christ has come in the flesh is the spirit of anti christ.So it is not speaking of one,but of many. the scriptures never mentioned THE ANTI CHRIST, It does not exist,there is no THE ANTI CHRIST, BUT THE FALSE PROPHET,REV 19:20.
    The world seems to preach THE ANTI CHRIST. He does not exist.The son of perdition is the false prophet with the lying wonders.

Kind regards.

wakeup.

wup

the scriptures never mentioned THE ANTI CHRIST, It does not exist,there is no THE ANTI CHRIST, BUT THE FALSE PROPHET,REV 19:20.

1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.KJV

is the scriptures now lying ??? even the KJV agree with “before time”

why is that ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Terra.

There are many antichrists.
    All the jews under the law today, are all antichrists.

There is no *THE* ONE AND ONLY ANTI CHRIST,
    mentioned in scripture. But *THE* false prophet.
    He is the one that calleth himself GOD,AND SITTETH IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD. Which he will literally sit in the temple in Jerusalem;once it is build by israel.

But to build that temple; THE DOME MUST BE DESTROYED FIRST, and this will raise up the medes(king of the east) and his dominion.(allies).

wakeup.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 19 2012,20:08)
    Terra.

There is no  *THE* ONE AND ONLY ANTI CHRIST,
    mentioned in scripture. But *THE*  false prophet.
    He is the one that calleth himself GOD,AND SITTETH IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD. Which he will literally sit in the temple in Jerusalem;once it is build by israel.

But to build that temple; THE DOME MUST BE DESTROYED FIRST, and this will raise up the medes(king of the east) and his dominion.(allies).

wakeup.

wakeup.

but then where do you get ” the false Prophet ” from ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 20 2012,11:41)

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Terra.

The 10horned beast with 10 kings will submit themselves to the false prophet with the power of satan.The son of perdition that called himself God.

He will sit in the temple of God in israel of course.
    But the temple must be build first; and he and his armies will have the power and the will to destroy the dome that is in the way.

The false prophet is mentioned in rev.19:20

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 20 2012,18:33)

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Terra.

The 10horned beast with 10 kings will submit themselves to the false prophet with the power of satan.The son of perdition that called himself God.

But the temple must be build first; and he and his armies will have the power and the will to destroy the dome that is in the way.

wakeup.

Rev 19:20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

so you assumed that all you fabricate around this is the truth right ??? and you know that it is the truth ,explain to me in scriptures how is what you say true to scriptures and not only true to WAKEUP ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 20 2012,23:44)

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

Rev 19:20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

so you assumed that all you fabricate around this is the truth right ??? and you know that it is the truth ,explain to me in scriptures how is what you say true to scriptures and not only true to WAKEUP ???

Terra.

You seem NOT to know your prophesies.
    You have to ask me to show you the scriptures.
    Is it because you dont know the scriptures?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 20 2012,23:08)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 20 2012,23:44)

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

Terra.

You seem NOT to know your prophesies.
    You have to ask me to show you the scriptures.
    Is it because you dont know the scriptures?

wakeup.

that's the answer of the deceiver ,religion deceiver and you told me that you don't do religion :D

Wakeup
    Participant

Terra.

Your mind is so knotted,it will be a hard job to unknot.
    Drunken with too much of the wrong wine.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 21 2012,02:40)
    Terra.

Your mind is so knotted,it will be a hard job to unknot.
    Drunken with too much of the wrong wine.

wakeup.

all your talk is to distract me from my question that a wait for an answer from you, :D

Wakeup
    Participant

Terra.

And what was your specific question,junior brother.
    Remember I am much older than you.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Dec. 21 2012,06:18)
    Terra.

wakeup.

:D :laugh: :D :( ??? :p :ghostface:

Wakeup
    Participant

This is true;when you are still sucking milk,I was having pizzas.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Terra.

wakeup.

so you assumed that all you fabricate around this is the truth right and you know that it is the truth ,explain to me in scriptures how is what you say true to scriptures and not only true to WAKEUP
    ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 01 2013,17:19)

Terra.

wakeup.

so you assumed that all you fabricate around this is the truth right  and you know that it is the truth ,explain to me in scriptures how is what you say true to scriptures and not only true to WAKEUP  
    ???

Terra.

Revelation 19:20 is true scripture,you can read it for your self.
    The beast and the false prophet will be cast in the fire.
    that is how I see it.I dont know about you,maybe you see it differently.May be to you this is only symbolic.

wakeup.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account