The arian dissenters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 658 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 10 2010,05:08)
    ED

John specifically says that he saw and handled the “Word” which you say is the Holy Spirit which you also say is the Father.

Did John see the “holy spirit”, for the holy spirit is invisible?

No, it is your inference that reads into 1 John 1:1-3 that the “Word” is the Holy Spirit when John does not mention the Holy Spirit in the text!

Revelations 19:13 Jesus has the name Word of God.

John 1:1, 14  says the Word was with God and that same Word came in the flesh! That Word is Jesus, and we have fellowship with the Father and the Son!

Continue on with your false teachings ED.

I am done!

Have a nice day, and thanks for listening!

WJ

Hi WJ,

Didn't John's writings become part of canon? Seems he handled “The Word” pretty Good!

I answered that question already, did you not like my answer? The answer is found in John 14:9…
    John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me,
    Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, show us the Father?

John makes no mention of Jesus in 1John 1:1-2 either; Jesus is not mentioned
    until 1John 1:3 where it's stated we are to have fellowship with him.
    Do we not have fellowship with him through the “HolySpirit”?

Rev.19:13 makes no mention of Jesus? You are clearly reading into the text!
    Which is what you said I did one point earlier! Is this not being 'hypocritical' on your part?

We have fellowship with “The Father” and with “the Son” through “The HolySpirit”! (1John 1:1-3)

No false teachings here my friend! (Joshua 22:34)

You mean: 'i am' come undone! (AKJV 1Tm.1:15 / Job 40:4-5)

Any time my friend! Any time!

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Bump for WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

JustAskin asked:

WJ, do you 'worship Jesus'…straight answer..nothing hidden, nothing secret…do you worship Jesus?

Yes WJ does worship Jesus and so does the “every creature.”

“And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

'Blessing and honor and glory and power
         Be to Him who sits on the throne,
         And to the Lamb, forever and ever!' “

You are the dissenter JA.

KJ

barley
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Dec. 30 2009,02:24)
    Gene said:

Thinker………I worship the FATHER (ONLY) as the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD, as Jesus said, YOU on the other hand worship Three MYSTERIOUS FORMS of GOD. The GOD I worship is SPIRIT and Has NEVER Been FLESH. He lives vicariously through His creation His spirit is in all things that has Life in them. He operates through the MINDS of HIS Childern and that includes Jesus and all who Have His Spirit in them. NO TRIUNE ANYTHING, ALL WHO TEACH AND PREACH THE TRINITY ARE (IDOLATERS) and false teachers.;

TO ALL:

Gene claims that he worships the Father only. But the whole creation worships the Father and the Son:

“And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

Gene and others here pride themselves that they are dissenters from the Catholic Church. But in reality they dissent from the rest of creation which worships both the Father and the Son. While the rest of creation worships in God's way Gene and others decide for themselves how they will worship God. This is what dissenters do. They go their own way.

thinker

The quote you presented does not speak of worshiping.  It speaks of blessing and honor and glory and power be to him who sits on the throne….

Where is the word “worship” in this quote?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been to a worldly church of confusion meeting this weekend.

The first half of the meeting was when they worshiped Jesus and then somehow God was brought in.

Do you think Jesus or his God wants folk worshiping the messenger and not listening to his message?
    Will there be faith when he returns?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (barley @ June 28 2010,14:03)

Gene said:

Thinker………I worship the FATHER (ONLY) as the ONE and ONLY TRUE GOD, as Jesus said, YOU on the other hand worship Three MYSTERIOUS FORMS of GOD. The GOD I worship is SPIRIT and Has NEVER Been FLESH. He lives vicariously through His creation His spirit is in all things that has Life in them. He operates through the MINDS of HIS Childern and that includes Jesus and all who Have His Spirit in them. NO TRIUNE ANYTHING, ALL WHO TEACH AND PREACH THE TRINITY ARE (IDOLATERS) and false teachers.;

TO ALL:

Gene claims that he worships the Father only. But the whole creation worships the Father and the Son:

Gene and others here pride themselves that they are dissenters from the Catholic Church. But in reality they dissent from the rest of creation which worships both the Father and the Son. While the rest of creation worships in God's way Gene and others decide for themselves how they will worship God. This is what dissenters do. They go their own way.

thinker

The quote you presented does not speak of worshiping.  It speaks of blessing and honor and glory and power be to him who sits on the throne….

It says that both He who sits upon the throne AND the Lamb are given “honor.” The word “honor” is equal to the word “worship.” It means to “value or esteem in the highest degree” (Strong's# 5092).

Both the Father and the Lamb are given honor, that is, they are esteemed in the highest degree.

You are not in line with the rest of creation.

the Roo

Quote (barley @ June 27 2010,22:03)

Gene said:

TO ALL:

thinker

If Glory is given to Jesus from every creature in the universe in the same breath Glory is given to the Father, then that is also worship!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Logic again fails you.
    Stay with what is written.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 29 2010,06:22)

Quote (barley @ June 27 2010,22:03)

Gene said:

TO ALL:

thinker

If Glory is given to Jesus from every creature in the universe in the same breath Glory is given to the Father, then that is also worship!

WJ

Keith,

Yes brother. It is so clear! The Father and the Lamb are EQUALLY honored by all creation.

Jack

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2010,14:30)
    Hi KJ,
    Logic again fails you.

NH

Do you ever say to Jesus.. “Thou are worthy of blessing, and honor and glory and power”, thank you Jesus for all you have done and for who you are?

Its a yes or no answer!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 29 2010,06:46)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2010,14:30)
    Hi KJ,
    Logic again fails you.

NH

Do you ever say to Jesus.. “Thou are worthy of blessing, and honor and glory and power”, thank you Jesus for all you have done and for who you are?

Its a yes or no answer!

WJ

Keith,

Revelation 5 says that they sing a new song which is addressed TO the Lamb and is ABOUT the Lamb. But anti-trinitarians do not sing to Jesus or about Him at all?

Jack

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Instead of judging those who are in Christ join them.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2010,08:45)
    Hi KJ,
    We who are in Christ worship God with him.
    Your faith is in other gods.

So you deny the legitimacy of songs to Christ and about Christ?

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“ You are worthy to take the scroll,
         And to open its seals;
         For You were slain,
         And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
         Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
          10 And have made us[d] kings[e] and priests to our God;
         And we[f] shall reign on the earth.”

So you're saying that the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders in heaven were wrong for singing to the Lamb and about the Lamb? Are you sayng that they were singing and speaking contrary to the Spirit?

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    We are warned about idolatry[1JN5] and the worship of the created instead of the Creator.[Rom1]
    Men prefer to worship the messenger of their own kind rather than listening to him as God advised.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2010,09:31)
    Hi KJ,
    We are warned about idolatry[1JN5] and the worship of the created instead of the Creator.[Rom1]
    Men prefer to worship the messenger of their own kind rather than listening to him as God advised.

Where are we warned about idolatry concerning Jesus?

You have clearly answered my question. You believe that the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders committed idolatry in singing to the Lamb and about the Lamb. You are clearly an unbeliever and you have no place in the kingdom. WJ is correct in categorizing you among those to whom Jesus says, “Depart from me you workers of iniquity. I never knew you.”

You have proven that you do not believe the Bible.

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Jesus died.
    The Spirit of God now enlivens Christ Jesus as the Spirit of Christ.
    Partake of this hope offered to ignorant and idolatrous men of eternal life in him

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 29 2010,09:39)
    Hi KJ,
    Jesus died.
    The Spirit of God now enlivens Christ Jesus as the Spirit of Christ.
    Partake of this hope offered to ignorant and idolatrous men of eternal life in him

Jesus is immortal. Immortal beings do not need to be “enlivened.” Jesus had the anointing of the Spirit for His office as Son and not because He needed to be 'enlivened.'

Hebrews 7 says that Jesus is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek and on the basis of His “indestructible life.”

KJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Jesus died and scripture clearly teaches this.
    That is the definition of mortal.

His Spirit from God is immortal and now he shares that eternal life.

barley
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ June 29 2010,06:14)

Quote (barley @ June 28 2010,14:03)

Gene said:

TO ALL:

thinker

It says that both He who sits upon the throne AND the Lamb are given “honor.” The word “honor” is equal to the word “worship.” It means to “value or esteem in the highest degree” (Strong's# 5092).

Both the Father and the Lamb are given honor, that is, they are esteemed in the highest degree.

You are not in line with the rest of creation.

the Roo

You might find it useful to look up the word honor, it does means to esteem, or to hold in high regard.  However, this word is not used exclusively regarding God and/or Jesus Christ.

It is used in reference to prophets in John 4:44
    Paul and his traveling companions in Acts 28:10,
    to every man that worketh good in Romans 2:10
    fellow believers in Romans 12:10

for starters.  

Your suggestion that it means worship as in worshipping God is in error.

To hold in the highest esteem fits but just the four examples above eliminates the idea of worshipping as in worshipping God, or because that someone honored is God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……….We Honor Jesus , we worship GOD the FATHER , Just as Jesus Did, He was not worshiping himself, He said if i Glorify myself my glory is nothing. And again he said I have glorified You (the Father) upon the earth. Jesus worshiped and glorified God the Father ONLY. We are to do the same as He did, He is our example for having a proper relationship with the father. It should be the same as His relationship with the Father is. IMO

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 658 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account