The Angel of the Lord…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    k4c
    Participant

Many Trinitarians teach that Jesus is not Michael but then they go on to say the Jesus is the Angel of the Lord in the OT. I believe this is true but the Angel of the Lord is His title in the OT not His name. The name of the Angle of the Lord in the OT is Michael and Jesus in the NT.

In reading Jude 1:9 I find Michael in some kind of struggle with the devil over the body of Moses.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

As I read these words I found it interesting that there is no mention of this battle between Michael and the Devil over Moses’ body anywhere in the OT as a matter of fact no one even knows where Yahweh buried Moses' body.

Deuteronomy 34:5-6 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

With this in mind I want to look at Jude 1:9 again in light of Moses body. The word (body) can also mean slave, servant or family. This tells me that Michael could have been disputing over Moses servant not Moses’ physical body.

Where in the bible do we have a dispute over Moses' servant?

It's found in Zechariah 3:1-4 where the Angel of the Lord is disputing with Satan over Joshua the high priest. The high priest Joshua was of Moses family through Aaron and also of the high priesthood of Aaron making him a servant in the temple. The high priest servant hood came through Moses, which would make Joshua a servant of Moses.

Lets compare what’s written in Jude to what’s written in Zechariah and you will see that this dispute Jude was referring to was over Moses’ servant and is found in Zechariah. You will also see that the Angel of the Lord and Michael are one in the same.

Zechariah 3:1-4 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the Lord said unto Satan, The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

In Jude we have Michael disputing with the devil over Moses' servant but in Zechariah 3:1-4 we have the Angel of the Lord disputing with Satan over Moses' servant. The name Michael and the Angel of the Lord are referring to the same person in the same way the name Satan and the Devil are referring to the same person.

Revelation 12:9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan…

In Jude, Michael says to the devil, “The Lord rebuke you.”

In Zechariah the Angel of the Lord says to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you.”

In both these cases we have a dispute over Joshua's filthy garments and how Joshua was one who was plucked out of the fire.

Now look at Jude 23-25.

Jude 1:23-25 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Michael and the Angel of the Lord are one in the same just as Satan and the Devil are one in the same.

The Angel of the Lord is called Wonderful.

Judges 13:18 And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is wonderful?''

Jesus shall be called Wonderful.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful…

Notice, He shall be called Wonderful because He is not yet born.

Jesus, Michael and the Angel of the Lord are one and the same. Just like Satan, serpent and devil are one and the same.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi k4c,
    We do not have free reign to teach what is not revealed. We serve a Master who wants his words treasured. Speculations confuse and divide.

david
    Participant

We really didn't need to start another thread on this. It just makes it harder to find previous posts.

dave

k4c
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 16 2005,23:15)
    Hi k4c,
    We do not have free reign to teach what is not revealed. We serve a Master who wants his words treasured. Speculations confuse and divide.

Show me where any of this speculation?

Speculation and confusion is saying Jesus is co-equal and co-eternal with the one true God when Jesus states very clearly that His Father is greater than He and that all Jesus' power and authority is given to Him by His Father.

Speculation is saying God is an eternal Spirit and then go on to say that there is another eternal God the Spirit equal in all things when the Bible says clearly that there is but one Spirit.

This one Spirit is the Father. This one Spirit is shared with all whom He chooses share His Spirit with.

Joel 2:28 “And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.

Proverbs 1:23 Turn at my reproof; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

more on angels

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Admin
    Keymaster

There are plenty of other discussions for the Angel of the Lord, so I will close this one before it competes with the others.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account