Thanks francis

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 11 2011,06:19)
    ED,

Jesus was “Be” gotten by the Word of God and The Word of God became Flesh. This is the Truth

Hi BD,

I know!   we agree on this “Bible Truth”(117)!   (See Hebrews 7:28 and Luke 8:11)

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    MAKETH The Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.
    The seed is the word of God. (Luke 8:11)

YHVH bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 11 2011,12:23)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 11 2011,06:19)
    ED,

Jesus was “Be” gotten by the Word of God and The Word of God became Flesh. This is the Truth

Hi BD,

I know!   we agree on this “Bible Truth”(117)!   (See Hebrews 7:28 and Luke 8:11)

Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    MAKETH The Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore.
    The seed is the word of God. (Luke 8:11)

YHVH bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)

That's great that we agree on this. :)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Mar. 11 2011,00:58)

Stu,Mar. wrote:

[/quote]

No gods actually exist Kerwin, apart from those in your head. I am happy to accept the properties you confer on your Imaginary Friend, but that is what it is in the end: imaginary. So, god can be this and that.  Very nice.  None of it is of any consequence to anyone else though, is it.  And actually you would disagree with much of the christian world regarding what you think is one god. Otherwise christians would welcome atheists offering to share the good news of Jesus.  They don't, in my experience. Stuart

WoW! Now THAT'S SAD

My God is real, and not “in my mind.” Rather, my mind is “on God.”

You missed the Good News of Jesus.

Jesus was probably a decent bloke, we have no reason to suggest that he wasn't, but the myth of Jesus is not real, you are not compelled by a 24/7 Supervisor to compulsory love and actually there is no need to put yourself up against the immoral proposition of celebrating a human sacrifice that absolves you or responsibility for your wrongdoing.

I don't see what there is to be sad about.

Happily your god is not real. If it was, then it would not only be sadness but anger that would be appropriate.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 11 2011,06:27)

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 10 2011,16:15)
    It prompts two questions:

Why do some people have gods in their heads and yet others do not?

How would it be just that a god that is offering the “prize” of an eternity after death, possibly with a supply of virgins (do women get the virgins too?) implants itself in some heads and not in others?

Genetics appears to be answering both questions.

So where does that leave the god believed in?

Stuart

Matthew 13:47-49 (King James Version)

47Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

48Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

Romans 9:20-22 (King James Version)

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

This makes perfect sense it is only contrast that shows the truth of a difference.

What a load of paranoid conspiracy theory.

Happily none of it is true.

Stuart

kerwin
    Participant

Stuart.

This thread is about a flaw in the teaching of the tenet of the Trinity and not about the existence of God so all I haver to say about the later is that the existence of artifacts in nature are proof that a deity or deities exist.  Those who deny such evidence are just being irrational.  It is of course according to the sinful nature of mankind to be irrational.

In other words it is a delusion of your own mind to believe their is no God.  Your delusion stems from your current desire to remain in the dark because your actions are hateful, as in self centered.   Those desires may or may not be genetical in origion but the idea they are stinks of Social Darwinism that I have heard led to the practice of eugenics.

I have my own version of that situation though I also have the hope of one day being set completely free by faith that Jesus is King.

That hope is why the issue of the whether the trinity tenet is true or false is important to me.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 11 2011,15:51)
    Stuart.

This thread is about a flaw in the teaching of the tenet of the Trinity and not about the existence of God so all I haver to say about the later is that the existence of artifacts in nature are proof that a deity or deities exist.  Those who deny such evidence are just being irrational.  It is of course according to the sinful nature of mankind to be irrational.

In other words it is a delusion of your own mind to believe their is no God.  Your delusion stems from your current desire to remain in the dark because your actions are hateful, as in self centered.   Those desires may or may not be genetical in origion but the idea they are stinks of Social Darwinism that I have heard led to the practice of eugenics.

I have my own version of that situation though I also have the hope of one day being set completely free by faith that Jesus is King.

That hope is why the issue of the whether the trinity tenet is true or false is important to me.

You don't realise how wrong you are about what I believe, and about what you believe.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 11 2011,16:43)

Stuart.

You don't realise how wrong you are about what I believe, and about what you believe.

Stuart

No one is certainly wrong about what you don't believe in and hence your irrational approach to what others believe in. Your type of thinking leads to feelings of self importance which leads to Elitism and MURDER

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 11 2011,11:43)

Stuart.

Stuart

I am human just like you, unless you are not, and subject to the self-serving (hateful) temptations just like you.  My hope is that one day I will no longer give into them at any time.

It is also self evident that if you desire to love as God loves then you will believe God when he promises you that at the proper time you will love as you long for becauase a desperate man grasps even for straws.

As for whether or not you believe in a deity, deties, or no deity I know only what your words seem to show.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 12 2011,07:21)
    No one is certainly wrong about what you don't believe in and hence your irrational approach to what others believe in. Your type of thinking leads to feelings of self importance which leads to Elitism and MURDER

MURDER eh?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 12 2011,15:47)
    I am human just like you, unless you are not, and subject to the self-serving (hateful) temptations just like you.  My hope is that one day I will no longer give into them at any time.

It is also self evident that if you desire to love as God loves then you will believe God when he promises you that at the proper time you will love as you long for becauase a desperate man grasps even for straws.

As for whether or not you believe in a deity, deties, or no deity I know only what your words seem to show.

How is ANYTHING “self-evident” when it comes to claims of Imaginary Friends that don't appear to be there?

I'd say it is reasonably self-evident that there are no gods of any kind. After all we don't see them, smell them, taste them, feel them or hear them or detect them in measuring instruments in any unambiguous way at all.

In regards to being human and having temptations to act contrary to one's morals I'm sure there are examples of that on which we could both agree, as well as others on which we would disagree.

When it comes to loving your god, you have no choice, on pain of losing the “eternity” that you appear to be determined to win and at the risk of divine punichment. I can't see why anyone would want “eternal life” or how it is moral that a god would insist that part of your “relationship” with it include compulsory love.

I don't see what is wrong with loathing the concept of the Judeo-christian god, whichever believer's head-god you mean. I think it is a pretty loathsome human invention.

The Good News of Jesus still is that Jesus was probably a decent fellow even if the christ invented by early christian zealots was morally bankrupt.

Stuart

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Stu,

Love ya in the unconditional way anyway!

Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 22 2011,18:15)
    Hi Stu,

Love and Respect,
                                       Wispring

That is very ungodly of you!

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 22 2011,23:43)

Quote (Wispring @ Mar. 22 2011,18:15)
    Hi Stu,

Love and Respect,
                                       Wispring

That is very ungodly of you!

Stuart

Stu,

You're right.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 11 2011,14:26)

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 09 2011,18:32)

No gods actually exist Kerwin, apart from those in your head. I am happy to accept the properties you confer on your Imaginary Friend, but that is what it is in the end: imaginary. So, god can be this and that.  Very nice.  None of it is of any consequence to anyone else though, is it.  And actually you would disagree with much of the christian world regarding what you think is one god. Otherwise christians would welcome atheists offering to share the good news of Jesus.  They don't, in my experience. Stuart

WoW! Now THAT'S SAD

Jesus was probably a decent bloke, we have no reason to suggest that he wasn't, but the myth of Jesus is not real, you are not compelled by a 24/7 Supervisor to compulsory love and actually there is no need to put yourself up against the immoral proposition of celebrating a human sacrifice that absolves you or responsibility for your wrongdoing.

Happily your god is not real.  If it was, then it would not only be sadness but anger that would be appropriate.

Stuart

That's o.k.

I am probably “not real” to you either. Just the effect of electrons on a screen, generated by a keyboard.

Oh-h-h!!

I'm wounded.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Paladin @ Mar. 30 2011,20:21)

WoW! Now THAT'S SAD

Happily your god is not real.  If it was, then it would not only be sadness but anger that would be appropriate.

Stuart

That's o.k.

I am probably “not real” to you either. Just the effect of electrons on a screen, generated by a keyboard.

Oh-h-h!!

I'm wounded.

Doesn't really matter much, does it. Whether we are just electrons on a screen, or electrons and protons and neutrons doing what they happen to do, we can all nevertheless rejoice together that the god conspiracy theory is, like blood letting and trepanning a forgettable Iron Age misery that will be gone from developed countries maybe within the next century!

Hallelujah!

:)

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 30 2011,22:04)

Quote (Paladin @ Mar. 30 2011,20:21)

WoW! Now THAT'S SAD

Stuart

That's o.k.

Oh-h-h!!

I'm wounded.

Doesn't really matter much, does it.  Whether we are just electrons on a screen, or electrons and protons and neutrons doing what they happen to do, we can all nevertheless rejoice together that the god conspiracy theory is, like blood letting and trepanning a forgettable Iron Age misery that will be gone from developed countries maybe within the next century!

Hallelujah!

:)

Stuart

Stu,

Violence is natural in nature are you trying to defy nature itself or do you think all animals in the animal kingdom are somehow religious?

Your whole theory is rather immature and ridiculous supposing somehow religion and violence is connected when it is not, Human nature and violence is connected and it is that same urge that religion sets out to subdue or suppress promoting instead charity, love and gratitude.

As someone who believes in evolution you can have no valid argument against anything that has occured, is occuring or that will occur, as to you it should be easily explained as a natural growth in evolutionary terms and therefore perfectly normal.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Mar. 31 2011,09:13)
    Violence is natural in nature are you trying to defy nature itself or do you think all animals in the animal kingdom are somehow religious?

Your whole theory is rather immature and ridiculous supposing somehow religion and violence is connected when it is not, Human nature and violence is connected and it is that same urge that religion sets out to subdue or suppress promoting instead charity, love and gratitude.

As someone who believes in evolution you can have no valid argument against anything that has occured, is occuring or that will occur, as to you it should be easily explained as a natural growth in evolutionary terms and therefore perfectly normal.

So basically you are claiming that those who appreciate that the fact of the evolution of species is explained by natural selection cannot hold moral values?

I don't know how much more shallow and moronic a view of that you could take.

As for your wittering about animals, you appear to have no relevant point that I can discern.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 01 2011,17:22)

So basically you are claiming that those who appreciate that the fact of the evolution of species is explained by natural selection cannot hold moral values?

As for your wittering about animals, you appear to have no relevant point that I can discern.

Stuart

Stu,

Either you believe in Natural selection and Evolution or you don't. If you don't believe in God then Morality is arbitrary and if all is simply evolving with no particular intent or direction then by default all things are in perfect order even if in complete disarray or apparent chaos.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 02 2011,10:49)

Stuart

Stu,

Either you believe in Natural selection and Evolution or you don't. If you don't believe in God then Morality is arbitrary and if all is simply evolving with no particular intent or direction then by default all things are in perfect order even if in complete disarray or apparent chaos.

But what is it that you think I believe about natural selection, and what evidence to you have to support that allegation?

Gods don't exist, and there is no intent to what happens in the universe, except to the extent that humans and other animals can take actions that have intent behind them. Morality is not arbitrary, it is functional. If you were looking in from outside then ethics might look arbitrary until you could see how they fitted in to the concept of adaptation for survival and reproduction.

We follow, or don't follow, particular principles of conduct which we can think of as absolute morals because when our brains do that the morals can be more effective in the results they produce. I am sure that there are morals which people think of as absolute which are actually entirely neutral to survival and reproduction, but that view is a byproduct of taking the useful morals as absolutes.

Are you keeping up?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ April 02 2011,11:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ April 02 2011,10:49)

Stuart

Stu,

But what is it that you think I believe about natural selection, and what evidence to you have to support that allegation?

Gods don't exist, and there is no intent to what happens in the universe, except to the extent that humans and other animals can take actions that have intent behind them.  Morality is not arbitrary, it is functional.  If you were looking in from outside then ethics might look arbitrary until you could see how they fitted in to the concept of adaptation for survival and reproduction.  

We follow, or don't follow, particular principles of conduct which we can think of as absolute morals because when our brains do that the morals can be more effective in the results they produce.  I am sure that there are morals which people think of as absolute which are actually entirely neutral to survival and reproduction, but that view is a byproduct of taking the useful morals as absolutes.

Are you keeping up?

Stuart

Stu,

You are not accepting what you say you believe in, If Evolution and Natural selection are not headed anywhere in particular and have no conscious intent then it can have no “desire” and hence you speak of survival as an intent but that is not even the actual theory of natural selection.

The theory of Natural Selection only concludes that what is biologically viable will survive. Morality in any form can have no bearing on evolution or Natural Selection and understanding that there is no conscious intent in those theories is paramount in understanding what you are talking about.

Religion teaches survival through a defined Morality but there is no such “Natural” morality as Man is naturally violent and barbaric as functional survival in nature is strong rules the weak. Religion emphasizes strong lift up and support the weak, Religion emphasizes love and Charity.

If you stop misrepresenting the ToE and NS you will soon discover, you would have to come to different conclusions.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account