Veteran Dies – This is What God Showed Him

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 232 total)
  • Author

death is the new life

at the end of life is the new beginning

Quote (Jodi Lee @ Aug. 30 2009,15:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 21 2009,17:39)
    Hi all,
    Check this out…it will strengthen your faith!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1754376108708053703

The bible is quite clear that people do in fact DIE, that they CEASE to exist.

The bible is also quite clear that NO ONE has ascended to heaven. That people such as Noah, Enoch, Abraham and Sarah have not yet received the promise of eternal life.

So what could explain then after death experiences where people swear they went to heaven? When a person dies at the end of their life there still exists several seconds of brain activity, and within that brain activity people CAN and DO DREAM, and though only a few seconds have gone by in real time, in a dream, days could go by. After-life experiences are not true experiences but DREAMS!

You go girl!

seekingtruth
    Participant

Scripture says,
    When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

1-Consciences After death
    2-Remembrance of life on earth

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    19″There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.  22″The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25″But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'  27″He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'  29″Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'  30″ 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' 31″He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' “

I know some people say this was just a fictional story to present a truth, I do not agree

1 – He named lazuras, why do so in a fabricated story
    2 – Using a false premise to relay a truth, doesn't sound right

“When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men.” 9(What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions

1 – I doubt many would consider a tomb, at the most a few feet below ground, as “lower, earthly regions”
    2 – Who were the captives if not those with Abraham having now been set free with the requirements of the law fullfilled. They were taken to God's presence and remain in a limited existence awaiting in the resurection of their bodies.

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

In Jesus' words it was the heart of the earth

To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD my God.

Why did Jonah say “roots of mountains” and the “earth barred me in”, he was in the water, unless a part of him (his soul) went into the pit but God bought his life back up.

My opinion – Wm

many have called things near death expireances

georg
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Nov. 07 2009,07:47)
    Scripture says,
    When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?”

1-Consciences After death
    2-Remembrance of life on earth

The Rich Man and Lazarus
    19″There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.  22″The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25″But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'  27″He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'  29″Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'  30″ 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' 31″He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' “

I know some people say this was just a fictional story to present a truth, I do not agree

1 – He named lazuras, why do so in a fabricated story
    2 – Using a false premise to relay a truth, doesn't sound right

“When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men.” 9(What does “he ascended” mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions

1 – I doubt many would consider a tomb, at the most a few feet below ground, as “lower, earthly regions”
    2 – Who were the captives if not those with Abraham having now been set free with the requirements of the law fullfilled. They were taken to God's presence and remain in a limited existence awaiting in the resurection of their bodies.

For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

In Jesus' words it was the heart of the earth

To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD my God.

Why did Jonah say “roots of mountains” and the “earth barred me in”, he was in the water, unless a part of him (his soul) went into the pit but God bought his life back up.

My opinion – Wm

Those are good Scriptures. The answer if we know where we are going, or if we are aware of where we are going, is still a question in my mind. All the Scriptures that Jodi gave, are out of the Old Testament, before Christ came to die for us. Does that make a difference? I will say time will tell for all of us.
    Peace and Love Irene

God died for us

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jesus name follower of christ– Im with ya! Spirit leaves the body when you die and goes to heaven or hell.

i see through the bible none are in heaven now but waiting for the trumpit sound

mikeboll64
    Blocked
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Nov. 17 2009,19:53)
    Jesus name follower of christ– Im with ya! Spirit leaves the body when you die and goes to heaven or hell.

I guess witchever is closer to you ??? :D

Lightenup
    Participant

Another NDE with a very good testimony told in a spirit of humility and love. Very humbling and thought provoking.

http://vimeo.com/16226618

terraricca
    Participant

any personal experience should be understood has personal ,and their for it would be addressed to us if so are we learning ???

when we share experience it should be something in the glory of Christ or God his father ,personal experiences are not good to be shared because it does not accomplishes Gods will or Glory ,it just set you between the tree and the bark,so to speak.only personal .

david
    Participant

There is “clinical” death.
    And there is biological death.

Biological death means brain activity ceases, I believe. Clinical death just means heart or lungs stop. Can't remember. They should not call it “death” because it isn't.

Anyway, you can buy his book for $10.00 on a,axon, and learn all about heaven.

Wakeup
    Participant

That was a wonderful dream about the new earth,and you have been given a glimpse of it.
    My first dream was about picking up green emeralds everywhere,and I was picking up as much as I could.
    My second dream was about picking up diamonds everywhere diamonds,and I was picking up as much as I could.It was just two short dreams,and I knew what it meant.
    I was picking up treasures in knowledge.
    God bless.

Proclaimer
    Participant

terraricca
    Participant

humm, ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Haven't seen it all yet, but looks interesting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer
    Participant

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 232 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account