Spiritual Marriages.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

Hi. I would like to have others opinions on this, but I will not be commenting myself, much, only reading.  I think it is a modern day issue which needs to be addressed (As most people here, I'm sure, spend quite a bit of time on Internet Forums)..  And my reason for not commenting myself, is addressed on another thread.

So, 'Spiritual Marriages':

People meet on the Internet, even on Christian Forums.

They live in different countries and cannot be together in the flesh, so they actually enter what is known as a “Spiritual Marriage”.  They act like a Married couple do, but in the Spirit.

The deal is – that if they find a person in the flesh (Where they live), they can Marry that other person 'In the flesh'.

Of course, the secret hope is that the “Spiritually Married” couple will eventually be together in the flesh before that even happens.

So, how many “Spiritual Wives” should the Man have?  I mean, should he be acting the same way with other woman too? (With no commitment to a flesh Marriage).

If the woman has been loyal and then finds out that the man has 'Other Spiritual Wives”, how does that fit in with Scripture, if the Woman has been loyal to him?

If Jesus said that you can commit adultery through lust alone (Spirit), then where do these modern “Spiritual Marriages” fit in?  They would be the same as a marriage in the flesh would they not? Yes or no?

Thanks.

kerwin
    Participant

Shimmer,

Marriage is a spiritual bond and so all marriages are spiritual

A Christian in authority is to have but one wife.

The teaching you speak of appeals to the sinful nature of humanity.

shimmer
    Participant

Kerwin, so the man would be living a sinful life then wouldn't he?

And if he continued it, without being loyal to just one woman, it's not right.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Feb. 24 2012,13:47)
    Kerwin, so the man would be living a sinful life then wouldn't he?

And if he continued it, without being loyal to just one woman, it's not right.

Shimmer,

Marriage is a spiritual contract where a man and woman pledge to be loyal to one another in body and spirit. That pledge is given before God. It is clear that the teaching you speak of is just an attempt to wiggle out of that pledge.

Genesis 2:24(NIV)

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

It states wife and not wives.

Your spirit is telling you right on this issue.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..Marriage is not a equal covenant agreement as most assume. Here is why< notice when a man marries a women the Name of the man is not changed but the name of the women is changed , this means she takes on another identity in the relationship. She is bound to her Husband, but the husband is not just bound to her in subjection, she is to obey her husband , her husband doe not have to obey her in the marriage. No man in scripture was accused of adultery (breaking covenant) for having more then one wife. A man can have as many wives as he want as long as he is a Husband (provider for them of all the duties of a husband) Consider all the patriarch Fathers such as Abraham, Jacob, Moses, King David, Salomon , an not one word that they were committing Adultery by GOD or the Prophets, except in the case of David who committed Adultery by having sex with another mans wife, Uriah the Hittites Wife.

Marrige is a Covenant and that covenant is a agreement, and that agreement is that the women becomes a WIFE who is in subjection to here husband and A HUSBAND who is a Provider to his Wife who is in subjection to him. There is not two master of one house as some think today. Marriage is a Spiritual covenant also and as the Lord is the Head of the Man so is the Man the Head of the Women and this applies to all Marriages and is a great Spiritual Principle also.

Remember When Jesus described Adultery, he described it this way, If a man puts away his wife he caused HER to Commit Adultery, Why is that, is it not becasue He is causing Her to commit Adultery (Breaking a covenant She made with him) by putting her away or divorcing her. Even if she has done nothing wrong she still is a Adultery by the act of her husband putting her away so she could not fulfill her covenant vows. And even more any man that marries a women her husband divorces is committing adultery with Her, why? becasue they become one in marriage and there the state of the devoiced women also falls on the New Husband. No divorced Women can be married to another man without causing Him to commit adultery with her, even if she did not cause the divorce. And if any man put away his wife except for fornication (why except for fornication?) becasue in that case She have already committed adultery, so if the man puts her away it is Her fault, not the mans in that case.

It is all about the simple meaning of the word Adultery….> (breaking Covenant)….> is all it is. A man in the marriage covenant is not the same as the Women as many assume.

peace and love………………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi G,
    Paul showed that marriage is not a male domination situation but love required mutual concessions in 1 cor 7.32-33 and eph 5. 25-33

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Of those that much is given much is expected. The one who has more authority must serve more.

NickHassan
    Participant

True KW,
    And a happy home is a great blessing.
    Remaining one with your spouse brings joy through the generations.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

I never heard of such a thing?
    these modern “Spiritual Marriages”
    Can you elaborate more on this concept?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,02:07)
    True KW,

Nick,

Sounds good!

journey42
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,07:39)
    Hi Shimmer,

God bless

Me too, sounds like a game?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Feb. 25 2012,11:05)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,07:39)
    Hi Shimmer,

God bless
    Ed J

Me too, sounds like a game?

Hi Georgie,

Perhaps she will explain this in more detail?

God bless

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 24 2012,21:12)
    Shimmer,

Marriage is a spiritual contract where a man and woman pledge to be loyal to one another in body and spirit.  That pledge is given before God.  It is clear that the teaching you speak of is just an attempt to wiggle out of that pledge.  

Kerwin, I agree.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 25 2012,02:53)
    To All………..Marriage is not a equal covenant agreement as most assume. Here is why< notice when a man marries a women the Name of the man is not changed but the name of the women is  changed , this means she takes on another identity in the relationship. She is bound to her Husband, but the husband is not just bound to her in subjection, she is to obey her husband , her husband doe not have to obey her in the marriage.  No man in scripture was accused of adultery (breaking covenant) for having more then one wife. A man can have as many wives as he want as long as he is a Husband (provider for them of all the duties of a husband) Consider all the patriarch Fathers such as Abraham, Jacob, Moses, King David, Salomon , an not one word that they were committing Adultery by GOD or the Prophets, except in the case of David who committed Adultery by having sex with another mans wife, Uriah the Hittites Wife.

Marrige is a Covenant and that covenant is a agreement, and that agreement is that the women becomes a WIFE who is in subjection to here husband and A HUSBAND who is a Provider to his Wife who is in subjection to him. There is not two master of one house as some think today. Marriage is a Spiritual covenant also and as the Lord is the Head of the Man so is the Man the Head of the Women and this applies to all Marriages and is a great Spiritual Principle also.

Remember  When Jesus described Adultery, he described it this way, If a man puts away his wife he caused HER to Commit Adultery, Why is that,  is it not becasue He is causing Her to commit Adultery (Breaking a covenant She made with him) by putting her away or divorcing her.   Even if she has done nothing wrong she still is a Adultery by the act of her husband putting her away so she could not fulfill her covenant vows. And even more any man that marries a women her husband divorces is committing adultery with Her, why? becasue they become one in marriage and there the state of the devoiced women also falls on the New Husband. No divorced Women can be married to another man without causing Him to commit adultery with her, even if she did not cause the divorce. And if any man put away his wife except for fornication (why except for fornication?) becasue in that case She have already committed adultery,  so if the man puts her away it is Her fault,  not the mans in that case.

It is all about the simple meaning of the word Adultery….>  (breaking Covenant)….>  is all it is. A man in the marriage covenant is not the same as the Women as many assume.  

Gene, interesting.

Except: What if a woman and man lived together without being legally wed, and then they broke up?  What if their relationship never had her fathers blessing to marriage, and her own father was happy when she left him?  Is she then never allowed to marry a man. (Her first legal marriage?).

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,09:39)
    Hi Shimmer,

God bless

Hi Ed.  It is as I said in the first post and as Kerwin said above.

shimmer
    Participant

Ed, it's complicated to try and explain.

Just say:

-Two single people meet on the Internet.
    -They love each other.
    -They live in different countries.
    -They 'Marry each other' In the Spirit. (The words).
    -The woman loves the man and is loyal to him and is not interested in anyone else, and if he asked her to marry him in the flesh, she would.
    -The man has other woman 'In the Spirit'.
    -He does not want to be with any of them in a Marriage (Commitment).
    -However, he would 'sleep with them' (only).

It happens Ed. I have heard it, Christian men.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

Thanks for the explanation.
    I have never heard of such a thing before.
    Is sex outside of this spiritual type of marriage permitted?  
    However, he would 'sleep with them' (only)”   …is that what this means?

God bless

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Feb. 25 2012,02:53)
    To All………..Marriage is not a equal covenant agreement as most assume. Here is why< notice when a man marries a women the Name of the man is not changed but the name of the women is  changed , this means she takes on another identity in the relationship. She is bound to her Husband, but the husband is not just bound to her in subjection, she is to obey her husband , her husband doe not have to obey her in the marriage.  No man in scripture was accused of adultery (breaking covenant) for having more then one wife. A man can have as many wives as he want as long as he is a Husband (provider for them of all the duties of a husband) Consider all the patriarch Fathers such as Abraham, Jacob, Moses, King David, Salomon , an not one word that they were committing Adultery by GOD or the Prophets, except in the case of David who committed Adultery by having sex with another mans wife, Uriah the Hittites Wife.

Remember  When Jesus described Adultery, he described it this way, If a man puts away his wife he caused HER to Commit Adultery, Why is that,  is it not becasue He is causing Her to commit Adultery (Breaking a covenant She made with him) by putting her away or divorcing her.   Even if she has done nothing wrong she still is a Adultery by the act of her husband putting her away so she could not fulfill her covenant vows. And even more any man that marries a women her husband divorces is committing adultery with Her, why? becasue they become one in marriage and there the state of the devoiced women also falls on the New Husband. No divorced Women can be married to another man without causing Him to commit adultery with her, even if she did not cause the divorce. And if any man put away his wife except for fornication (why except for fornication?) becasue in that case She have already committed adultery,  so if the man puts her away it is Her fault,  not the mans in that case.

It is all about the simple meaning of the word Adultery….>  (breaking Covenant)….>  is all it is. A man in the marriage covenant is not the same as the Women as many assume.  

Hi Gene.

I agree with you on the 'Many Wives' – I looked into it.

But as to the other thing you mentioned (Adultery):

If a man lusts after a seperated and SOON to be legally divorced woman, then has he commited adultery through lust alone? (So what Jesus said applies to a divorced woman – or soon to be divorced woman too?).  I didn't know that.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 25 2012,18:40)
    Hi Shimmer,

Thanks for the explanation.
    I have never heard of such a thing before.
    Is sex outside of this spiritual type of marriage permitted?  
    However, he would 'sleep with them' (only)”   …is that what this means?

God bless

Hi Ed.

Apparently, yes.

And if the man meets a woman and wants to legally marry her, what happens to the 'Spiritual Wives'??

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,09:07)
    True KW,

Amen Nick I agree.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account