Spiritual discernment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    melissahyatt8
    Participant

I would like to ask if someone can help me with this struggle that I have had for 4 and 1/2 years. I am so on fire with God that my zeal for God is out of this world. I am madly in love with Jesus Christ and I love to talk about Him and our relationship and what He did for me. But, when I tell people what God has done or what He is doing in my life it never fails, I encounter unbelief or rejection. I am a very loving spirit and this type of struggle makes me so upset. I do not lie and I even make an obession of it because I want to get my words right. If I am nervous or fear rises up in me with people I just met I tend to fumble my words or not say exactly what I mean. I always correct myself to make sure that I am saying the absolute truth. But it works against me not in my favor. The spiritual attacks that I encounter is rejection or unbelief and it devestates me. I know that God has given me the word to speak faithfully, and entrust me to tell others about HIm but I always run into this problem.. I am so discouraged right now. I know the words that God gives me for others bring life to their spirit, it is truth in pure love from God and uplifting and His words changes people, but when others don’t believe you, your not heard. I also tend to clam up; I don’t flow with my words and don’t speak as well.I can feel in my spirit when others speak to me, their unbelief and rejection which makes me fearful of speaking to them even more in wanting everything I say to be right. It makes me so sad..My integrity is at stake and my character which means everything to me. I love righteousness and truth and justice. What is wrong with me? Am I missing something? I get so offended when others question my relationship with my Lord and what He does for me and shows me. It is the hardest to accept when you are trying to fit into God’s Kingdom. I have friends that have known me for almost thirty years that I always fall back on and run to who remind me of who I am instead of beating myself up over it. Because of my childhood I am always feeling like I did something wrong, even when I am right. Satan is trying his best to silence me I think, and use my weaknesses against me. They are fear and rejection of people, and no more confidence in myself and no strength. I am losing heart and faith of what i am suppose to do for God. I tell Him, I don’t know how much more I can take. The theives around me are stealing away my confidence which is in Christ. It never fails, every where I go it is the same thing, people don’t believe me or reject me. Is it me? I also have a problem with wanting to fit in and be liked because these are GOd’s people. I have no confidence when others challenge me when I speak. I will not argue and I try to not get angry. It makes me think of what Jesus must of went through when He was here on earth. All the unbelief and rejection he went through and it is the worst, even to his death because of His message. I guess that I should look at these trials as worthy of persecution and suffering as christ did. Oh, that I would be found worthy to suffer for Christ. Maybe I am doing something so right and satan is at my heels to stop anything I do. What is your take on this? Why can’t I just let things go and not be so sensitive? People can be so evil to turn things around for themselves and their benefit and it hurts so much especially when you know that you can not react to the foolishness of others. I could spend my whole life 24/7 trying to defend my character and I would be utterly miserable. Surely, God is setting up for something far greater than what I see right now. Thank you for listening to me. I know God has great plans for me but it is so hard to fight when there is no fight in you left to keep keeping on. I think I need some encouragment. Or someone who understands spiritual trials when you know your trying your best to stay in christ not sin in word, deed and thought and do what is pleasing to God. :p

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MH,
    WE do need to learn not to cast pearls before swine so thereby discerning who to share with in words, and they will be selected by God for you, and who to share with by just being peaceful and kind and loving.

The work is God's and not ours so we should not hamper his work in our own striving enthusiam. Pray for wisdom always.

However also remembering that all things work together for good and you will reap a crop no matter what you do if you are walking in that light.

Lightenup
    Participant

Melissa,
    If you feel like your having an attack of evil forces you might be interested in these two excerpts from this guy Mike Brown's testimony found here:

http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/creationist/index.html

One Friday evening as the sun set over the sea in Puerto Rico (the sun sets fast in the tropics) I was studying my Bible when a strong impression came over me. I felt sure that God was asking something from me. He was asking that I preach a sermon in a church! At that time, being a new teacher, I was usually a nervous wreck in front of a dozen students in class; But my church had over 500 members!

This impression didn't go away no matter what I did. In fact the more things I did, the stronger the impression became. Did I really want to get in front of a group and preach? I knew I was a terrible speaker and that it would be a nightmare.

The impression only got stronger, so I started praying and I eventually came to this position. OK God I will preach a sermon but you will have to get somebody to ask me. Please get somebody to ask me. I didn't want to go to my pastor and say that I wanted to preach, just out of the blue.

God took that offer, and suddenly peace and joy flooded my thoughts. I knew this was a sign that God wanted me to preach and that He accepted my proposal.

The next day, after church I went home to cook dinner. While I was cooking, a car drove up. Going out to see who it was, I found that it was one of the Elders of the church. Right then and there he asked me if I wanted to preach a sermon. It was only a day after I had said to God that I would preach!

Yes I did preach a sermon and God helped me with my fear of speaking. My fear didn't even come to mind and I was able to concentrate on what I wanted to present. This was very unusual for me because in class with just a few students, I almost always had stage fright.

In addition I found that God had very definite ideas on what He wanted me to preach. He actually changed to topic of my sermon from one topic to a completely different subject. When ever I got stuck or I wanted to ask for help, I prayed for wisdom. And just like clock work, when I said amen, a totally new idea would come to mind. These new ideas were strong impressions. I knew that God was in that room with me!

So God not only had me preach, He had me preach His sermon!

Another of Mike's experiences:

God started showing Himself to me

As a missionary a very different reality quickly rose to the surface. I realized very quickly that in order to get to Puerto Rico one had to fly. The only problem is that I was deafly afraid of flying. So much so that my white knuckles would show as I held on to my seat on the plane. By the end of the day when I would get off the plane in Mayaquez Puerto Rico from the States, my heart would be hurting because it had been beating way over 100 all day!

On one such trip, I was going back to the states and was voluntarily entering the cabin of the small plane under my own power when I began to question my own sanity. Why was I subjecting myself to this! As the plane rose and went into the clouds of a tropical summer day, we began to bounce around quite a bit. Again my white knuckles started showing and my heart would race away. In stark terror I desperately searched for the ground with my eyes as if I could keep the plane right side up by seeing it.

As the minutes dragged by I began to wonder why I was so afraid. Why was I in this condition when everyone around me, though somewhat nervous, looked normal.

I'm a Christian, why am I afraid to die? I remembered the thoughts of one who traveled with the pilgrims on the Mayflower but was not one himself. He had asked the very same question I just did: “Why am I afraid to die”? He saw that the pilgrims were not afraid to die yet he himself was and yet he was a Christian. I also remembered the Christians who were fed to the lions in Rome. They were also unafraid. What was it that they had that I didn't?

You can believe I was praying for protection on that plane. But now, there was a new thought that came to me, and I am not sure what brought this thought to me. But I started to ask my self: Am I being harassed by demons? It was a scary thought to think that beings that I could not even see, were having fun with me, trying to make my life as difficult as possible.

What could I do? I thought of the many stories I heard in church as a child. Many times, people who were troubled by demons had been cleared of this problem when Satan was commanded to leave. Also, in the Bible Jesus had healed those who were tormented by demons by declaring that they must leave.

But what could I do? I was in the plane, holding on, with people all around. If I started speaking out I was sure I would find myself in the funny farm for sure. What I eventually decided to do was to pray to God quietly in my mind.

So I bowed my head and closed my eyes and started talking to God. I apologized for not being able to say out loud: “demons, in the name of Jesus, you leave me!” I seemed to know that God knew both my situation and my fears and I felt a security I hadn't felt before.

I knew from my reading of the Bible, that sin separates us from God. So I began asking for forgiveness for what I have done in my life. If there was anything that would separate me from God, I asked that He would forgive me.

Now I began to talk to God about my fright of flying and my lack of Christian grace. Would he answer my prayer? I started asking Him that if evil angels were indeed tormenting me, giving me uncontrollable fear, that God would force them away from me!

When I finally closed my prayer and said amen! I noticed something happening! In the space of about 3 or 4 seconds, I felt my whole body relax. And after that I noticed that I was no longer afraid! Sure I was nervous but I was no longer having to try to hold up the plane with my feelings!

For the first time I could relax my muscles! What a feeling! I was actually able to read my Bible for the rest of the trip. I had never been actually able to read anything in a plane before, I was so nervous I could not concentrate on anything. But now, I was almost comfortable.

For your information, today I am a private pilot. I have flown in very bumpy weather with my plane bouncing around to the extent that I had trouble getting my hands on the right instruments when I needed to change the radio etc. yet I wasn't overly afraid! You will be able to see, when I start, the progression of my home-made sport aircraft which is also on my web pages. I praise God for what He has done for me!

This change that came over me was not a slight occurrence. It has changed my life! On growing up, I use to be afraid of almost everything. I was an extremely fearful child. I was always having to live with fears that others probably never realize.

As you can imagine, I talked about this to various friends and family and I slowly came to realize that maybe there was a reason why I was attacked. Back several generations in the Pennsylvania Dutch regions of our country, there was an ancestor of mine who's position in life was to cast spells on people. I'm sure you have seen the hex signs on barns and houses if you have been to that part of the country. Today, it seems to represent a colorful tradition that can be seen in the country side, but in the past, the casting of spells was a serious threat to people. So people had these hex signs to ward off evil spirits.

I do not really know if that has been why I experienced the problems that I did, however, I have heard from some, that demons or devils follow families from generation to generation. My sisters were held down in bed by some unseen force one nigh
    t. I also have had some things happen to me such as knocking on the walls, people talking in the next room when there is no one there (believe me I checked it out!). Some of the other things that happened to me I wrote in a book (the third chapter has some of my early experiences with demons) , and the entire book is on-line.

Since that time I have noticed other things happening in my life. I will tell you some of the most outstanding occurrences.

One Friday evening as the sun set over the sea in Puerto Rico (the sun sets fast in the tropics) I was studying my Bible when a strong impression came over me. I felt sure that God was asking something from me. He was asking that I preach a sermon in a church! At that time, being a new teacher, I was usually a nervous wreck in front of a dozen students in class; But my church had over 500 members!

This impression didn't go away no matter what I did. In fact the more things I did, the stronger the impression became. Did I really want to get in front of a group and preach? I knew I was a terrible speaker and that it would be a nightmare.

The impression only got stronger, so I started praying and I eventually came to this position. OK God I will preach a sermon but you will have to get somebody to ask me. Please get somebody to ask me. I didn't want to go to my pastor and say that I wanted to preach, just out of the blue.

God took that offer, and suddenly peace and joy flooded my thoughts. I knew this was a sign that God wanted me to preach and that He accepted my proposal.

The next day, after church I went home to cook dinner. While I was cooking, a car drove up. Going out to see who it was, I found that it was one of the Elders of the church. Right then and there he asked me if I wanted to preach a sermon. It was only a day after I had said to God that I would preach!

Yes I did preach a sermon and God helped me with my fear of speaking. My fear didn't even come to mind and I was able to concentrate on what I wanted to present. This was very unusual for me because in class with just a few students, I almost always had stage fright.

In addition I found that God had very definite ideas on what He wanted me to preach. He actually changed to topic of my sermon from one topic to a completely different subject. When ever I got stuck or I wanted to ask for help, I prayed for wisdom. And just like clock work, when I said amen, a totally new idea would come to mind. These new ideas were strong impressions. I knew that God was in that room with me!

So God not only had me preach, He had me preach His sermon!

More to read here:

http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/winning3.htm

Happy reading :) I hope this helps.
    God bless,
    Kathi

Not3in1
    Participant

Hey Melissa,

Welcome. Listen, there are always going to be those who reject you (and the message you are bringing). Remember though, they hated Jesus first.

Just try to be loving, and quick to forgive those who curse you. Do your best, but don't kill yourself over it. The good Lord wants you to share the gospel, but it shouldn't be something that sends you into such anxiety. Try to remember that it is GOOD NEWS…be happy when you share it, and live it. If you're rejected, well, remember they rejected him too.

Much joy to you as you share about Jesus! If you are joyful, other's will want to know more…..

Love,
    Mandy
    :)

melissahyatt8
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2009,09:51)
    Hi MH,
    WE do need to learn not to cast pearls before swine so thereby discerning who to share with in words, and they will be selected by God for you, and who to share with by just being peaceful and kind and loving.

The work is God's and not ours so we should not hamper his work in our own striving enthusiam. Pray for wisdom always.

However also remembering that all things work together for good and you will reap a crop no matter what you do if you are walking in that light.

Thank you so much, this helps alot. I am currently a member of a non faith based organization that serves mankind. I became a member to be light in the dark world. It has been unusually difficult. But I expected that, especially letting everyone know that I was a minister. I don't fit the part outwardly and I have shown my fear of speaking in front of others. They don't understand it's not what I do, it's who I am. Of course I am being persecuted of my word not being true. I am not preaching or speaking, but I believe this is where God has me right now. I want the world to change and I am heading into territory that has brought on a huge storm. I had a dream the other day that I was all alone in a storm of pure darkness and it was kinda scary but I know that God is with me no matter what. I trust that God is doing His work around and for me on my behalf in what I desire and that is to further His Kingdom and be light in the world to win souls for Jesus. I hope I am on the right road.
    Me

melissahyatt8
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 22 2009,18:23)
    Hey Melissa,

Welcome.  Listen, there are always going to be those who reject you (and the message you are bringing).  Remember though, they hated Jesus first.

Just try to be loving, and quick to forgive those who curse you.  Do your best, but don't kill yourself over it.  The good Lord wants you to share the gospel, but it shouldn't be something that sends you into such anxiety.  Try to remember that it is GOOD NEWS…be happy when you share it, and live it.  If you're rejected, well, remember they rejected him too.

Much joy to you as you share about Jesus!  If you are joyful, other's will want to know more…..

Love,
    Mandy
    :)

Thank you Mandy,
    My husband said the other day that they hated Jesus and they killed Him over his message. If God be for me, who can come against me? Only God matters to me and I know I am going to be hated. It is the most difficult, rejection and unbelief. It really hurts when you genuinely love people with God's love inside you. Much wisdom is grievous. If I have to die for Jesus name sake I will do it gladly. I love Him so much more than life.
    God Bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MH,
    The donkey was serving God and saving Balaam when he caused frustrations.
    Walk slowly and listen to the shepherd.

melissahyatt8
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,08:54)
    Hi MH,

Funny you should say that, I just saw an image in the clouds the other day of a faint face of a donkey for just a couple seconds. That is why I asked if I am on the right road. Maybe I am going to fast for wanting the world a better place. I'm not sure. I don't want to provoke God to jealousy by being with sinners and unbelievers. I thought that is where I would make the most impact for God in penetrating the darkness with His marvelous light. Not by might or strength but by His power…..God speaks to me alot by images in the clouds along with seeing His face and Jesus.
    Please pray for me….I want to be in God's will, not mine. I'm too weak and dependant on God to venture on my own in His spiritual realm.

melissahyatt8
    Participant

Quote (melissahyatt8 @ June 23 2009,09:40)

Hi MH,

Funny you should say that, I just saw an image in the clouds the other day of a faint face of a donkey for just a couple seconds. That is why I asked if I am on the right road. Maybe I am going to fast for wanting the world a better place. I'm not sure. I don't want to provoke God to jealousy by being with sinners and unbelievers. I thought that is where I would make the most impact for God in penetrating the darkness with His marvelous light. Not by might or strength but by His power…..God speaks to me alot by images in the clouds along with seeing His face and Jesus.
    Please pray for me….I want to be in God's will, not mine. I'm too weak and dependant on God to venture on my own in His spiritual realm.

As I left my computer and thought about what i wrote you, I was given understanding of where I am at with my purpose for His Kingdom. I am in an non- profit organization Sertoma (Service to Mankind) I can take that name and make this vision I have far bigger than it is in the seen. I do not limit God in what He can do, I know His power and His greatness. I can take what is going on around me in this moment and extend it farther in purpose for service to mankind in the world. I know what is going on is far bigger than what I am seeing so I walk by faith and not by sight and not limit God in what He can do for this world. For all of mankind. My vision isn't for just Sertoma, it extends out for all of mankind and I see that now. God said to dream big and I am. I know God will honor my request, I have to just be still and endure while waiting on God. My God is a big God. And this world is His not satan's.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MH,
    Is the appointed work of God just the service of men?

melissahyatt8
    Participant

Quote (melissahyatt8 @ June 23 2009,09:40)

Hi MH,

I quoted the scripture wrong, and I want to correct it.
    “it is not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of Host.”
    Sorry.

melissahyatt8
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2009,10:16)
    Hi MH,
    Is the appointed work of God just the service of men?

Hi Nick,
    Service to mankind to me means in a deeper spiritual level of love being the main force to move on behalf of Christ authority in His Kingdom and further His Kingdom just as the same concept of how Jesus focuses on one area that envisions a bigger purpose in the unseen. A reliance on God and His power of love that moves the universe on your behalf as His child in Christ. He will move heaven and earth for you if you only believe. A change of heart is far greater than the service to one another which only the spirit of God can accomplish. Spirit alone can only change this world for the better which softens the heart of a man or woman and brings light to our understanding and conviction of sin. I believe as Jesus focused on the Jewish people in His purpose, salvation would come from the jews, He knew there was a far greater purpose than just the task within His own people. Jesus knew what He did within the boundaries of the jewish people would save the whole world. I believe this only because I have experienced this unlimited power with God since my encounter while Christ who was my intercessor for me. There were spiritual things that came out of my mouth that I could have never imagine saying and it went beyond my current situation, it just happened to also apply the same way. It's kinda hard to explain. The things I would pray for were for a different purpose but the results I would be shown by God wasn't just for my situation but far greater in His purpose and plan for His Kingdom. I just happened to be so dead in self that He was able to use me in His spirit for a purpose far greater than me. It was amazing thinking back what was happening. So I know not to limit God in what He can do with this world. And there has to be a vision that lines up with what Jesus Christ wanted for us. Our prayers should line up for what we desire for Jesus because of what He accomplished for us. To desire and pray for Him, His rightful rewards in all that He did for us. I hope this explains what I mean. I can have a vision for Jesus and desire for His Kingdom and God will change the world for us right where we at if we believe. And we are kept out of the lime light and God gets all the Glory, what more could a girl In love ask for the love of her life? Jesus Christ will share His Glory with no one. It's only right.

rancherforChrist
    Participant

Quote (melissahyatt8 @ June 21 2009,14:30)
    I would like to ask if someone can help me with this struggle that I have had for 4 and 1/2 years. I am so on fire with God that my zeal for God is out of this world. I am madly in love with Jesus Christ and I love to talk about Him and our relationship and what He did for me. But, when I tell people what God has done or what He is doing in my life it never fails, I encounter unbelief or rejection. I am a very loving spirit and this type of struggle makes me so upset. I do not lie and I even make an obession of it because I want to get my words right. If I am nervous or fear rises up in me with people I just met I tend to fumble my words or not say exactly what I mean. I always correct myself to make sure that I am saying the absolute truth. But it works against me not in my favor. The spiritual attacks that I encounter is rejection or unbelief and it devestates me. I know that God has given me the word to speak faithfully, and entrust me to tell others about HIm but I always run into this problem.. I am so discouraged right now. I know the words that God gives me for others bring life to their spirit, it is truth in pure love from God and uplifting and His words changes people, but when others don't believe you, your not heard. I also tend to clam up; I don't flow with my words and don't speak as well.I can feel in my spirit when others speak to me, their unbelief and rejection which makes me fearful of speaking to them even more in wanting everything I say to be right. It makes me so sad..My integrity is at stake and my character which means everything to me. I love righteousness and truth and justice.  What is wrong with me? Am I missing something? I get so offended when others question my relationship with my Lord and what He does for me and shows me. It is the hardest to accept when you are trying to fit into God's Kingdom. I have friends that have known me for almost thirty years that I always fall back on and run to who remind me of who I am instead of beating myself up over it. Because of my childhood I am always feeling like I did something wrong, even when I am right. Satan is trying his best to silence me I think, and use my weaknesses against me. They are fear and rejection of people, and no more confidence in myself and no strength. I am losing heart and faith of what i am suppose to do for God. I tell Him, I don't know how much more I can take. The theives around me are stealing away my confidence which is in Christ.  It never fails, every where I go it is the same thing, people don't believe me or reject me. Is it me? I also have a problem with wanting to fit in and be liked because these are GOd's people. I have no confidence when others challenge me when I speak. I will not argue and I try to not get angry. It makes me think of what Jesus must of went through when He was here on earth. All the unbelief and rejection he went through and it is the worst, even to his death because of His message. I guess that I should look at these trials as worthy of persecution and suffering as christ did. Oh, that I would be found worthy to suffer for Christ. Maybe I am doing something so right and satan is at my heels to stop anything I do. What is your take on this? Why can't I just let things go and not be so sensitive? People can be so evil to turn things around for themselves and their benefit and it hurts so much especially when you know that you can not react to the foolishness of others. I could spend my whole life 24/7 trying to defend my character and I would be utterly miserable. Surely, God is setting up for something far greater than what I see right now.  Thank you for listening to me. I know God has great plans for me but it is so hard to fight when there is no fight in you left to keep keeping on. I think I need some encouragment. Or someone who understands spiritual trials when you know your trying your best to stay in christ not sin in word, deed and thought and do what is pleasing to God.  :p

Hello Melissa,

It looks like you haven't posted on this forum for quite some time. If you should happen to log back on at some point, I would like to talk with you about your personal struggle with unbelief and rejection, as you stated them. If you are still struggling with those, please leave a post here and I will respond. I hope to see you here again, so that we can talk and pray.

I love you in Jesus,
    Chris

georg
    Participant

Quote (rancherforChrist @ Nov. 12 2009,16:06)

Quote (melissahyatt8 @ June 21 2009,14:30)
    I would like to ask if someone can help me with this struggle that I have had for 4 and 1/2 years. I am so on fire with God that my zeal for God is out of this world. I am madly in love with Jesus Christ and I love to talk about Him and our relationship and what He did for me. But, when I tell people what God has done or what He is doing in my life it never fails, I encounter unbelief or rejection. I am a very loving spirit and this type of struggle makes me so upset. I do not lie and I even make an obession of it because I want to get my words right. If I am nervous or fear rises up in me with people I just met I tend to fumble my words or not say exactly what I mean. I always correct myself to make sure that I am saying the absolute truth. But it works against me not in my favor. The spiritual attacks that I encounter is rejection or unbelief and it devestates me. I know that God has given me the word to speak faithfully, and entrust me to tell others about HIm but I always run into this problem.. I am so discouraged right now. I know the words that God gives me for others bring life to their spirit, it is truth in pure love from God and uplifting and His words changes people, but when others don't believe you, your not heard. I also tend to clam up; I don't flow with my words and don't speak as well.I can feel in my spirit when others speak to me, their unbelief and rejection which makes me fearful of speaking to them even more in wanting everything I say to be right. It makes me so sad..My integrity is at stake and my character which means everything to me. I love righteousness and truth and justice.  What is wrong with me? Am I missing something? I get so offended when others question my relationship with my Lord and what He does for me and shows me. It is the hardest to accept when you are trying to fit into God's Kingdom. I have friends that have known me for almost thirty years that I always fall back on and run to who remind me of who I am instead of beating myself up over it. Because of my childhood I am always feeling like I did something wrong, even when I am right. Satan is trying his best to silence me I think, and use my weaknesses against me. They are fear and rejection of people, and no more confidence in myself and no strength. I am losing heart and faith of what i am suppose to do for God. I tell Him, I don't know how much more I can take. The theives around me are stealing away my confidence which is in Christ.  It never fails, every where I go it is the same thing, people don't believe me or reject me. Is it me? I also have a problem with wanting to fit in and be liked because these are GOd's people. I have no confidence when others challenge me when I speak. I will not argue and I try to not get angry. It makes me think of what Jesus must of went through when He was here on earth. All the unbelief and rejection he went through and it is the worst, even to his death because of His message. I guess that I should look at these trials as worthy of persecution and suffering as christ did. Oh, that I would be found worthy to suffer for Christ. Maybe I am doing something so right and satan is at my heels to stop anything I do. What is your take on this? Why can't I just let things go and not be so sensitive? People can be so evil to turn things around for themselves and their benefit and it hurts so much especially when you know that you can not react to the foolishness of others. I could spend my whole life 24/7 trying to defend my character and I would be utterly miserable. Surely, God is setting up for something far greater than what I see right now.  Thank you for listening to me. I know God has great plans for me but it is so hard to fight when there is no fight in you left to keep keeping on. I think I need some encouragment. Or someone who understands spiritual trials when you know your trying your best to stay in christ not sin in word, deed and thought and do what is pleasing to God.  :p

Hello Melissa,

It looks like you haven't posted on this forum for quite some time. If you should happen to log back on at some point, I would like to talk with you about your personal struggle with unbelief and rejection, as you stated them. If you are still struggling with those, please leave a post here and I will respond. I hope to see you here again, so that we can talk and pray.

I love you in Jesus,
    Chris

Chris! What makes you think that you alone can help Melisa! You know you seem to me somewhat arrogant to me. Why is that? Mellsa has not been back since She posted this first one,and I doubt She will be back. Irene

The need for spiritual discernment. 1Co 2:14

Example:

Spiritual temple. Jn 2:18-21

Spiritual birth. Jn 3:3-6

Spiritual water. Jn 4:10,11

Spiritual meat. Jn 4:31-34

Spiritual flesh. Jn 6:52-60,63

“But, when I tell people what God has done or what He is doing in my life it never fails, I encounter unbelief or rejection.”

This should not get you down, the closer you get to Yeshua the more you distance yourself from the world. Love those who reject you.

“I do not lie and I even make an obession of it because I want to get my words right. If I am nervous or fear rises up in me with people I just met I tend to fumble my words or not say exactly what I mean. I always correct myself to make sure that I am saying the absolute truth. But it works against me not in my favor.”

When the time is right, and the words you speak are to be heeded, the Spirit will help you, don't worry. The favor you will seek should be from above only. And the words you give that appear as fumbling, are received by those Yahweh intends to hear.

“The spiritual attacks that I encounter is rejection or unbelief and it devestates me.'

Those attacke do not come from Yahweh.

” I know that God has given me the word to speak faithfully, and entrust me to tell others about HIm but I always run into this problem.. I am so discouraged right now. I know the words that God gives me for others bring life to their spirit, it is truth in pure love from God and uplifting and His words changes people, but when others don't believe you, your not heard. I also tend to clam up; I don't flow with my words and don't speak as well.I can feel in my spirit when others speak to me, their unbelief and rejection which makes me fearful of speaking to them even more in wanting everything I say to be right. It makes me so sad”

You sound to me as a person who can show more in love than in words, use your strengths, and let Yahweh do the rest.

“My integrity is at stake and my character which means everything to me. I love righteousness and truth and justice. What is wrong with me? Am I missing something? I get so offended when others question my relationship with my Lord and what He does for me and shows me.”

Again use action instead of words. Your intregity can never falter, if you put the Messiah first. And your character is by whom you represent, so it is His character that is at stake not yours. And He will defend His character unto the end.

“It is the hardest to accept when you are trying to fit into God's Kingdom. I have friends that have known me for almost thirty years that I always fall back on and run to who remind me of who I am instead of beating myself up over it. Because of my childhood I am always feeling like I did something wrong, even when I am right.”

If you have salvation, then their is no checkered past, for when Yahweh forgives, you have a clean slate, you are white as snow, regardless of what those in your past state. Misery loves company. Yahweh loves you.

“Satan is trying his best to silence me I think, and use my weaknesses against me. They are fear and rejection of people, and no more confidence in myself and no strength. I am losing heart and faith of what i am suppose to do for God. I tell Him, I don't know how much more I can take. The theives around me are stealing away my confidence which is in Christ. It never fails, every where I go it is the same thing, people don't believe me or reject me. Is it me? I also have a problem with wanting to fit in and be liked because these are GOd's people.”

Those of this world, are not of His world. Trust me, all you need to do is trust Yahweh.

” I have no confidence when others challenge me when I speak. I will not argue and I try to not get angry. It makes me think of what Jesus must of went through when He was here on earth. All the unbelief and rejection he went through and it is the worst, even to his death because of His message.”

Let them challenge Yahweh, with Him on your side you cannot lose.

“I guess that I should look at these trials as worthy of persecution and suffering as christ did. Oh, that I would be found worthy to suffer for Christ. Maybe I am doing something so right and satan is at my heels to stop anything I do. What is your take on this? Why can't I just let things go and not be so sensitive? People can be so evil to turn things around for themselves and their benefit and it hurts so much especially when you know that you can not react to the foolishness of others. I could spend my whole life 24/7 trying to defend my character and I would be utterly miserable. Surely, God is setting up for something far greater than what I see right now. Thank you for listening to me. I know God has great plans for me but it is so hard to fight when there is no fight in you left to keep keeping on. I think I need some encouragment. Or someone who understands spiritual trials when you know your trying your best to stay in christ not sin in word, deed and thought and do what is pleasing to God.”

Your character again is in Yahweh. Don't fight against those of this world, just love them, they cannot win against love.

terraricca
    Participant

hi ron
    when you say love them,how you do this??
    “Your character again is in Yahweh. Don't fight against those of this world, just love them, they cannot win against love.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    You boast of this gift as if it puts you above others?
    Then why are you reliant on numbers?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Out of the mouth comes what the heart is full of.
    Should we not see less numbers and more supported scriptures?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2010,08:09)
    Hi ED,
    Out of the mouth comes what the heart is full of.
    Should we not see less numbers and more supported scriptures?

Hi Nick,

Do you mean: how I put Scriptural backing references
    in my Posts, while most others do NOT. (1Thess.5:21)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account