Son of God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Rebirth into Jesus can enable us to BECOME sons of God.

I agree!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………Obvisiouly you have not listen to a word i Have said , even thought they are scripture. You are in no place to Judge anyone, you elevate you self that postion I assure you. Why dont you address the scriptures I have Posted instead of going and look for something that will continue to allow you to positions yourself as some Kind of Judge of others here. I beleive and quoted what God said , but its you who does not believe it, because it destorys your ability to accuse other and Judge them a position that never was you in the first Place. God back a reread what I wrote and see if it is scriptural or not , instead of coming back and saying I don't believe God as if You by denying what i wrote do. Kerwin you are no more here then anyone else, so it time you take off you judgmental cloak, and realize no one has made you a judge of others, Here or no where else. You assumption because People disagree with you they are not of GOD is pure Hog Wash. If you say if i were of God i would admit that those that reject the true Gospel were not of GOD. I haven't seen any here who reject the Gospel, they may not (fully) understand it as you and I and others, (with the exception of Stu) who openly admits he rejects it. The rejection of the gospel was not the issue between us , it was you right to (accuse and condemn) other whom you don't even really know because of their lack of understanding the gospel message, You have made yourself a Judge over others and personally attack their character. Based on your weak and limited understand of scriptures, Had you truly understood God's word you would never do that, “have you faith, have it unto yourself”. “Judge not lest you be Judged in the manor in which you judge” and again “who are you that Judge's and mans servant he will stand of fall to his own Mater and stand he will because GOD is Able to make Him stand”. But you seem to take the position Satan takes as one who accuses the brethren before GOD , day and night. Notice the bible did not say Satan was wrong does it, it just show His Character by doing that, the same holds with us also. If someone posts something you disagree with show where they are wrong. But leave the Judging to someone who really knows How to Judge properly in every mans life (GOD) , be like Jesus who said “(I) judge (NO) man.” Try to be more like that. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So who were you judging of idolatry?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Do you feel i have Judged you of Idolatry, while i believe basically all (Christendom) exist in a state Idolatry , thats not condemning anyone , if you believe Jesus is your GOD then you would be considered a Idolater Only you know to what level Jesus is in you mind not me. I can't condemn you or anyone else, no one made me a Judge of you or anyone else. I can give you and opinion, but its only my opinion of what i think. But attacking personal Character of a person as you and Kerwin do is not right brother. And if i have done this then I ask for forgiveness from you and anyone else i may have done that to. I am not GOD, there are many things i don't fully understand and i well know that and there are many things you and others don't either. This going beyond Subject to a personal lever of accusations must Stop Brother, thats exactly what all worldly religions do, if someone doesn't agree with them they just start attacking his character, if we also do that then what makes any different from other religions brother. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Your insults have never damaged me but it is your teaching that men should rely on vain intellect which you teach is Spirit, your rejection of the Lordship of Jesus and the existence of Satan, as well as the casual way you use scripture that does harm to the faith of others.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So Jesus told us he was the Son of God.
    Why would men prefer to rely on the words of others?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Why don’t you address the scriptures I have Posted instead of going and look for something that will continue to allow you to positions yourself as some Kind of Judge of others here.

It is extremely difficult dealing with people who are in denial since they do not want to deal with what you are saying.   I understand that you, like an alcoholic, have trouble confronting your own addiction to evil but it is best if you do.  I have already pointed out that you do not believe God and therefore have accepted the world’s definition of what judging is without actually asking God.   The world’s definition comes from the devil as it is designed to justify the enabling of evil.   I assure you God is not an enabler and thus commands his people not to enable evil behavior but rather to rebuke their neighbor so as not to take part in their evil.

Gene wrote:

, it was you right to (accuse and condemn) other whom you don't even really know because of their lack of understanding the gospel message

The message of gospel is not open to interpretation.   There is only one true interpretation and that comes from God.  If you have another interpretation then it comes from the Devil and you must reject it and believe what God teaches is true.  It is the true gospel that I hope you and others are searching for but I warn you that Satan does not want you to find it and so will do all in his power to stop you.  If you fall for one of Satan’s traps and I am aware of it then I am accountable for warning you but if you fail to heed that warning then it is on your own head

Chistology is very important to the true gospel since you must be teaching the true Christ to be teaching the true gospel.  It is also necessary to believe what God teaches and one’s disbelief can be plainly evident..

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………I ask why don't you address the scriptures i posted , your answer , Its extremely difficult to deal with people who are in denial since they do not want to deal with what you are saying, and proceed to indicate i am like an alcoholic and have trouble controlling His own addiction to Evil. So this is the best you can do, is ignore Scriptures i posted and continue your EVIL Nature of JUDGING OTHER. Does the word Phony mean anything to you. You cant deal with the scriptures so you attack Character of the person, calling Him Evil or DEVIL. Isn't that interesting they called Jesus Our lord the same things. But He had the decency to say He Judged no Man, something you can't say. I challenge you to show me where my interpretations are not Scriptural instead of blabbing out Judgmental statements. Show me where i am in error of scripture. instead of mouthing off insults.

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 04 2009,06:42)
    G,
    Your insults have never damaged me but it is your teaching that men should rely on vain intellect which you teach is Spirit, your rejection of the Lordship of Jesus and the existence of Satan, as well as the casual way you use scripture that does harm to the faith of others.

Nick……….where have i taught men should rely on (VAIN INTELLECT) Because i said we should us our GOD given minds , you see this as vain intellect? When the Spirit of GOD is in a persons Mind His thinking is not vain. Doesn't it say for the Spirit of GOD searches the Deep things of GOD. If I have said something that is against the word of GOD then post it , but making false accusations don't prove anything. As regards to me insulting you i sorry for that , but you also have insulted me to as anyone who's been here for a while can testify, and i even have recieved personal eMails of those who have seen this in you brother. So lets just drop this kind of rhetoric and stop personal attacks OK. Lets just stick to Scripture on subject matters.

love and peace to you and yours……………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………You said i rejected the lordship of Jesus, (PROVE IT) That is a personal insult to ME. You have no right to say that about me, are you also my Judge as your brother Kerwin is, Have you both positioned yourselves as Judges of GOD'S Heritage. Or are you both just accusers of the brethren. If you two are going to make such statements the Post your Proofs. Who Here has heard my deny any of GOD words if so post it and prove it, or you Both are simply false accusers.

love and peace……………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    You say
    “Nick……….where have i taught men should rely on (VAIN INTELLECT) Because i said we should us our GOD given minds , you see this as vain intellect? “
    Yes

Not3in1
    Participant

Isaiah 1:18
    “Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Obviously God wants us to use our minds! He designed us in such a way that we can actually have a conversation with him. We can share ideas and even plead with him to change his mind! Abe was even successful in doing this. Was Abe vain? Did God think so?

Not3in1
    Participant

But what about this “Son of God”?

Many would prefer to change the meaning of “son” into something else. I dare say, if we took a poll on what “son” means….we'd have at least a half a dozen definitions. If we don't know what “son” means…..how can we decide anything regarding Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The only useful thing the carnal mind can do is accept the clear evidence that we are sinners and decide to come to Christ that we may be renewed in our whole being, including the vain mind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The verse you quote shows this very thing

Is 1
    18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

God offers forgiveness in baptism in Jesus's name.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….God comes to live within us as we are , he doesn't remove our brains like a lobotomy and completely take over our minds.
    The Spirit both accuses us and defend us. How and were do you think that takes place at if not in our minds and this effects our reasoning. If he wanted to do what you are saying, then He could Just have made us that way from the start. If you loss you power to reason even now they will lock you up Brother or confine you to a Hospital with restraints of some Kind. God did not give us the Great gift to reason , not expecting us to us it brother. All human reasoning is not always Carnal reasoning Nick. We can both reason carnally or Spiritually , but either way it's still (REASON) God Said come Lets reason (together) not get rid of your reason and I will replace your ability to reason. Why do you think it say , I saw the lord descend with ten thousands of His saints to (Convince) all the ungodly of their ungodly ways. This show that reason is going to be used dealing with people even in the future. You have scripture that say all reason is carnal as you say, there is carnal reasoning this reasoning is where the person is using his Given reasoning ability for fleshly desires, But there is also Spiritual reasoning. We can us our given reasoning ability for the Spirit or the Flesh. As you and everyone else does every day of there lives. Reasoning in and of itself, has nothing to do with anything wrong, it whats driving the reason that makes the difference. God Spirit does not remove our reason ability in fact it strengthens it. Because the Spirit (BOTH) accuses you and defends you, which enhances your reasoning ability, doesn't get rid of it. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Exactly and if you do not cooperate he is faithful but if you reject him he rejects you.
    We must all allow the Spirit of Christ to give us the mind of Christ according to the written word.
    That means submission to the Lord and elevating what is written over our own precious prized thoughts

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Human reason is one thing but allowing Scripture to be the basis, and not just use it as a tool, is how we are meant to work in Christ.
    Acts 17:2
    As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Acts 17:17
    So he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and the God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there.

1 Corinthians 13:11
    When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

1 Peter 3:15
    But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

I ask why you don’t address the scriptures I posted

I addressed them and you failed to understand that I addressed them which just goes to show you have no real understanding of what God is saying.   This is because your actions testify of your lack of belief.  

Gene wrote:

So this is the best you can do, is ignore Scriptures i posted and continue your EVIL Nature of JUDGING OTHER.

I have considered your accusation and found it false for God does not enable evil as you want Him to.   Your desire that God enables evil comes from the Devil and you must face up to it in order to call on God and ask him to deliver you from the Oppressor.   If you are sincere in wanting to be delivered and you persist in calling on God then He will deliver you for He is able and willing.

I freely admit that I do have an evil nature and it is only by the power of God that I can beat it into submission to the God’s commands and at this time I do not have access to the full power of God.  Still in this way I have not sinned as I have been careful to keep my actions consistent with God’s commands.

Gene wrote:

Does the word Phony mean anything to you. You cant deal with the scriptures so you attack Character of the person, calling Him Evil or DEVIL

All human beings are evil or do you not believe scripture which states that:

Psalms 14:2-3(NIV) reads:

The LORD looks down from heaven
          on the sons of men
          to see if there are any who understand,
          any who seek God.
    All have turned aside,
          they have together become corrupt;
          there is no one who does good,
          not even one.

Anyone who thinks they are good is self righteous for even Jesus denied he was good but gave that credit only to God.   We must admit to ourselves that we are evil by nature and then call on God to overcome that evil and do good through our bodies.  That is what it is to be poor in spirit.

Psalms 51:7(NIV) reads:

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
          a broken and contrite heart,
          O God, you will not despise.

Gene wrote:

Show me where i am in error of scripture. instead of mouthing off insults.

I did show you and you failed to understand which tells me you do not believe because if you believed then you would understand.  Still I hope that one day you will come to understand.

Isaiah 6:9(NIV) reads:

He said, “Go and tell this people:
          ” 'Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
          be ever seeing, but never perceiving.'

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Mar. 05 2009,03:14)
    But what about this “Son of God”?

Many would prefer to change the meaning of “son” into something else.  I dare say, if we took a poll on what “son” means….we'd have at least a half a dozen definitions.  If we don't know what “son” means…..how can we decide anything regarding Jesus?

You make a good point!  

I get the idea that some believe Jesus is the Son of God's flesh.  That is certainly not the point God makes in scripture.   Jesus is the Son of God's Spirit of Holiness just as through him his true disciples are the sons of God's Spirit of Holiness.  The problem with my definition is that someone may choose to interpret my use of the word spirit different that I myself intend.  So what is the solution to that misguided situation?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account