Son of God?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi the truth,
    So we should ignore Gen6, Jb 1-2, 38?

thetruth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 16 2009,20:27)
    Hi the truth,

Hi the truth,

No we should never ignore Scriptures, unlike my counter-part, Kerwin the Great. The Scriptures do not call us The Son, but adopted children of God.

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi thetruth,
    But gen 6, Jb1-2 and Jb38 do not refer to adopted sons.

Not3in1
    Participant

Good thread.
    Nice arguments!

I'm a little confused by t8's idea that the preexisting Christ was perhaps an angel, but whatever I can see where he might come up with this. That's the thing – one book – many possible ideas.

Mandy

david
    Participant

You know, angel/messenger–exact same word.

From everything I've read about what Jesus did and said while on earth (that he was “sent forth” from God; that he spoke the ideas of God, and not of himself) it seems Jesus was God's primary messenger, his chief malwahk.

hmmmm.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Yes you are tempted to rely on inference.
    But what is written?

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi All,
    I came across this passage this morning. Some find that the term “firstborn” can refer to merely pre-eminence and in the Bible we see that concept is apparent but we also see this:

Deut 21:15-17

15 “If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him sons, if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, 16 then it shall be in the day he wills what he has to his sons, he cannot make the son of the loved the firstborn before the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn. 17 “But he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the beginning of his strength; to him belongs the right of the firstborn.
    NASU
    The Son of God who became flesh is the “Firstborn of all creation” and through Him all things were created. He is the Firstborn in all aspects, IMO and is compared to the sacrificial firstborn lamb which is the firstborn lamb out of the womb of his mother.

God established the idea of the “firstborn” to be the favored one to receive special rights. He does not exchange the rights and give them to another of His children. That would be an exception and not the rule.

LU

kerwin
    Participant

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

That's the thing – one book – many possible ideas.

One God, One Jesus, and thus only one true idea.   Jesus did say that there would be many false ideas in the last days.  I am overjoyed to tell you that what he said is certainly true.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 01 2009,08:24)
    Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

That's the thing – one book – many possible ideas.

One God, One Jesus, and thus only one true idea.   Jesus did say that there would be many false ideas in the last days.  I am overjoyed to tell you that what he said is certainly true.

Yes, only one true idea.

If you speak to the many different religions that come from the bible……they will all glady tell you that THEY are the ones with the one-true-idea! :;):

I personally have just come to accept that God knows the book is flawed, he knows we are just mud-men, and he works with us the best he can. Most importantly, he sees into our hearts. He knows are motivations, our secrets, our hopes….he knows how much we love Him and want more of him.

Thanks, Kerwin.
    Mandy

kerwin
    Participant

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

If you speak to the many different religions that come from the bible……they will all gladly tell you that THEY are the ones with the one-true-idea!

I know con men who will brag about how honest they are as they seek to defraud you of your money.  Why believe them even if they believe they are true.   Test their teaching to see if they truly come from God.  The question is whether you know who God is.  I assure you that God does not pander to our evil natures as if He were a politician attempting to get our vote or a donation to his campaign.

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

I personally have just come to accept that God knows the book is flawed, he knows we are just mud-men, and he works with us the best he can.

There are definitely flaws in scripture but one must be careful about which parts one considers flaws as that in its own way can be a false teaching.  You really have to seek God and that means you need to really desire to obey all He commands and go to Him with your prayers that He will do everything He can to change you so you obey all He commands.  If you are sincere in doing that and persist despite your failures then in time God will answer your prayer and you will change.

Not3in1(Mandy) wrote:

Most importantly, he sees into our hearts.  He knows are motivations, our secrets, our hopes….he knows how much we love Him and want more of him.

That is correct and out of your heart comes your actions.

kerwin
    Participant

The Truth wrote:

No we should never ignore Scriptures, unlike my counter-part, Kerwin the Great. The Scriptures do not call us The Son, but adopted children of God.

Deception does you no favors but then you are deceived and so deceiving.  You need to believe what scripture states which is that it was the Holy Spirit that is in him that declares that Jesus is the Son of God and that it is through faith, that Jesus is the human being God made King of everything in heaven and on earth, that that same Spirit declares his true disciples are sons of God.  I do hope that one day you will stop loving the evil you do and so cry out to God for deliverance because that is when God will reveal the truth to you. If that day ever arrives for you.  Until that day you will gather around one false teacher or another that is telling your itching ears what they want to hear.  That is your choice and you will be held accountable for it.

The true ways of Jesus the Messiah are good for you and the false ways you choose to tread are harmful.   Still it is up to you to choose the path to tread.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………Your condescending words would be best applied to (YOU) don't you think. Who are you to Judge another's servant , He shall stand or fall to his own master and stand he will because GOD is able to make him stand, in spite your worthless and misdirected remarks. You need to see to it that you don't offend any of these little one, it would be better for a mill stone be tied around you neck and be cast into the sea then to offend any of these little ones< I think that would be a better thing for you to think about if I were you. IMO

gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Mar. 01 2009,23:00)

Kerwin………Your condescending words would be best applied to (YOU) don't you think. Who are you to Judge another's servant , He shall stand or fall to his own master and stand he will because GOD is able to make him stand, in spite your worthless and misdirected remarks. You need to see to it that you don't offend  any of these little one, it would be better for a mill stone be tied around you neck and be cast into the sea then to offend any of these little ones< I think that would be a better thing for you to think about if I were you. IMO

gene

You should really believe God when he tells you to judge(test) the teachings of others.  If you did believe it then you would not think it strange when I actually do what God commands.  

I assure you if The Truth chooses to honor God by celebrating Christmas, Easter, wearing a cross, or in some other act of ritual or symbolism I will not judge him for it unless that act is a violation of the law of love your neighbor as yourself.  I will not judge him since He is God's servant and that point of service is between him and God.

False teachers and those that hold to false teachings are not God's little ones.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..I believe it say to judge no man before the day also. would you (REALLY) like scripture for that also. Judging what people say about a subject is one thing but Judging them is quite another. You are no one here has a right to judge anyone , But rather Judge this that you lay not a stumbling block before the Brethren. To try the words to see if there of God is not Judging the person. Lets leave that up to God not some 1/2 wit Human being. Kerwin Do not deceive yourself think you don't judge the Person when in fact you do. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So Jesus is the Son of God.
    He is not the God of whom he is the son.

trinity is of men.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2009,17:26)
    Hi,
    So Jesus is the Son of God.
    He is not the God of whom he is the son.

trinity is of men.

Hi Nick,
    You are right. He is the God who has a God.

Hebrews 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Kathi

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Kerwin…..I believe it say to judge no man before the day also. would you (REALLY) like scripture for that also.

I was only repeating what scripture states.  I even used similar words though I applied them to a specific individual.

According to scripture if a person rejects the true gospel then they reject it because they love evil and so do not come into the light.  Scripture also tells us that those who follow a false gospel do so because they are gathering around people telling their itching ears what they want to hear.  I can go on pointing on ideas that are clear in scripture and are self evident in nature but if you do not believe scripture then why would you believe me if I say the same thing.

John 3:19(NIV) reads:

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

and

2 Timothy 4:3(NIV) reads:

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

and also

2 Timothy 3:12-13(NIV) reads:

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

I certainly would not want any of this said about me even though it was true about me at one time and even now I am only beginning to see the light and have not yet come out of the darkness.  Part of coming out of the darkness though is to admit to myself that I am in the darkness and I remain in the darkness because I love evil and it is only through faith in Jesus Christ and the power of God that I can come out of the darkness and learn to hate what is evil.  To do all that you must stop believing in the lies Satan has been telling you in so many ways, since were in your mother’s womb.  

A rebuke though unpleasant to the ears of the one that hears can, if they respond in a godly manner, yield a harvest of good fruit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….. Do you realize you referenced Yourself 16 times in that short post you posted. The only one going around (Persecuting) is you and a few other like you, Don't deceive yourselves, by trying to make it appear as if somehow you are representing GOD and His word, and the rest are not. Satan is the one who tries to appear as a angle of light and accuses the brethren before God day and night, who placed you as the Judge of anything, Judging yourself can be a good thing, but judging other is Evil. Jesus said He judges (NO) man but yet you seem fit to do that. Its one thing to disagree with what a person posts, but quite another to attack the person. “why judge another mans servant unto his own master He will stand or fall, and stand he will because (GOD) is ABLE to make him Stand”. Are you greater then GOD, who has forgive the whole World by the blood of Christ. You said, “a rebuke through unpleasant to the ears of the one that hears can, if they respond in a godly manor, yield a harvest of good fruit”. Good then take this to heart and maybe it will yield some good fruit. “Judge not lest you be Judged in the manor in which you judge”.

love and peace to you and yours…………………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

It is obvious that you do not believe what God states or you would admit that those who reject the true gospel of Christ love evil because that it what scripture states.   If you believed God then you would also admit that those who embrace a false doctrine are deceived and if they also repeat that false doctrine they are deceivers.  

I and you can certainly judge the actions of another person for it is written that “Even a child is known by his actions, by whether his conduct is pure and right.”, Proverbs 20:11(NIV).  I and you also have the ability to make a reasonable deduction based on our observation and what God states is the result of those actions.  I assure you I have no idea what the final fate of a person is but I do know what will happen to them if they continue on a false path and that because God tells both you and me that anyone who persist in doing so will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.   I don’t know about you but I choose to believe God.  

What this is about is whether you choose to believe God because all I hear from you is unbelief of what you find to be unpleasant truths.  The Truth has the same problem, as do many human beings, because as humans we do not like to face up to facts we find unpleasant but would rather deny them.  Denying these facts will lead to spiritual death while facing them even though they are unpleasant can lead to life if you react in a godly manner.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Rebirth into Jesus can enable us to BECOME sons of God.

John 1:12
    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:14
    For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Philippians 2:15
    That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account