Sola scriptura is logically untenable

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 484 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi CA:

You ask:

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.” (1 Tim. 3:15)

I believe that you will find your answer in the following scriptures:

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Eph 2:19 ¶ Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
    Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];
    Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
    Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 25 2009,14:17)
    Hi CA:

You ask:

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.” (1 Tim. 3:15)

I believe that you will find your answer in the following scriptures:

Mat 16:18   And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  

Eph 2:19 ¶ Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;  
    Eph 2:20   And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];  
    Eph 2:21   In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:  
    Eph 2:22   In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Amen.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Peter manifested the teaching of the Spirit of God.

The first of many living stones to be laid in the new Jerusalem.[Rev21, 1 Peter 2]
    But the man was no different or more important than any other chosen vessel but just given different graces and responsibilities.

The Building is of God[Eph2, 1 Cor3]

So no one can support Sola Scriptura, eh? Then I guess there is almost no point to most of the threads on this forum.

Amazing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Why did you turn away from the words of God to those of men?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA………..your letting your organization control you, there traditions and teachings are the teachings of deluded minds of men which you are putting ahead the the TRUTH. WE are told to come out of her (false Church) that we recieve not of (HER) Plagues. Her are just of a few

the Doctrine of the TRINITY

the doctrine of the PREEXISTENCES of Jesus before his berth

the Doctrines about DEVILS and DEMONS, which plague the mind with all kinds of Phobias and mental sicknesses.

Peace and love………………………gene

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 26 2009,07:57)
    CA………..your letting your organization control you, there traditions and teachings are the teachings of deluded minds of men which you are putting ahead the the TRUTH. WE are told to come out of her (false Church) that we recieve not of (HER) Plagues. Her are just of a few

the Doctrine of the TRINITY

the doctrine of the PREEXISTENCES of Jesus before his berth

the Doctrines about DEVILS and DEMONS, which plague the mind with all kinds of Phobias and mental sicknesses.

Peace and love………………………gene

Why are you quoting a Bible you can't substantiate as being divinely inspired?

What say you to that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Do you not trust God to care for His words?
    Do you not yet have the Spirit to see the kingdom?
    Trusting men to lead you instead of Jesus will only find the pit.

Not3in1
    Participant

Following along….finding this most facinating!

Love you bro's,
    Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 26 2009,08:43)
    Following along….finding this most facinating!

Love you bro's,
    Mandy

I am so pleased. Thank you for taking the time to listen to the point of view I have adopted and love.

Did you get a chance to listen to “Answering Common Objections”?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA…………Playing shall games does not work Here , it time to step down of you pedestal an produce Scriptures instead of talking down to us as if some how you have “Devin knowledge” and us poor saps know nothing, Put scripture where your mouth is. IMO

peace and love……………………gene

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 26 2009,10:38)
    CA…………Playing shall games does not work Here , it time to step down of you pedestal an produce Scriptures instead of talking down to us as if some how you have “Devin knowledge” and us poor saps know nothing, Put scripture where your mouth is. IMO

peace and love……………………gene

Um…weren't you the one who was supposed to be showing ME a Scripture that proves your assumption of Sola Scriptura?

I'm not on a pedestal. I am the chief of sinners. I am an unprofitable servant.

If God used Balaam's ass, I have confidence he can use a sinner like me.

So show your cards, gene. Or fold.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Thy word is truth[jn17]
    Can you believe this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Man cannot live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.[Jesus]

Can you believe this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You have the words of eternal life[Peter]

Can you believe this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life[Jesus Jn6]

Can you believe this?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2009,11:16)
    Hi CA,
    The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life[Jesus Jn6]

Can you believe this?

O…John 6…are you asking me if I believe that Jesus told us to eat His flesh and drink His blood?

Yes.

I didn't take you for a Catholic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Read on in jn6
    The Spirit gives life. The flesh profits nothing.

Reliance on receiving communion at the catholic church does not save your soul.

Doesn't it bother any of you that you believe something you can't support? – Sola Scriptura

bodhitharta
    Participant

Is the Pope the Holy Spirit to you?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 484 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account