Should some forums be restricted?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

I know that there is some contention here with some members who post in places that others feel are inappropriate. An example of this is atheists posting in the SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE & PRAYER & ADVICE categories and associated forums.

In your opinion, should atheists and others who mock be allowed to post here, or should these categories be open to Christians only?

Feel free to vote on this issue and make a post with why you voted the way you have.

This poll is just to get a general feeling of how others feel about this subject. The winning vote may not necessarily be what is implemented.

Some points to consider?

• What business do atheists have with discussing certain scriptures, as they can post in other more appropriate forums about there doubts?
  • What are the connotations with not being open in every forum with everybody?

Thanks for your time.

IM4Truth
Participant

Heaven I have felt like going away for so long now, because this is crazy, having an Atheist and Someone that does not belief in Jesus on a Christian Website. Why are they here? I belief only to give us a hard time, and I find that 100 wrong. Let them get their own Website. I am very upset about all of this. Knowing that other Forums even restrict you and have to belief in a trinity, so why can you not do that?

Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace and Love Mrs.

t8

I have to think about this.

Problem seems that if you restrict an agnostic or unbeliever from posting in a particular forum then where do you draw the line.

For instance, what is the difference in an unbeliever posting in the Trinity thread that he dosnt agree with the Trinity like many others?

Or what if the agnostic who dosnt believe in the Messiah posting in the feasts thread that Penticost was not fulfilled in Acts 2 because the Messiah didnt come?

I am not sure how to vote.

I believe that unbelievers should be exposed to the truth and have a right to disagree.

I suppose there is a point where they just become annoying.

But not sure whether they should be censored, unless the purpose of the forum is a place where “Believers” can come and discuss doctrine and scriptures.

Many sights want to know if you are a believer before you can join. Some have gone to far in my opinion to exclude non-Trinitarians.

Anyway I will give it some thought. However, it is your sight and you should make the descision that best suits your vision for the sight.

:)

Proclaimer
Participant

I agree with your statement about the consequences of drawing a line.

I think if there is a line, it should be between believers and non-believers. After all that is a line that we see in scripture.

Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 24 2007,09:58)
Heaven I have felt like going away for so long now, because this is crazy, having an Atheist and Someone that does not belief in Jesus on a Christian Website. Why are they here? I belief only to give us a hard time, and I find that 100 wrong. Let them get their own Website. I am very upset about all of this. Knowing that other Forums even restrict you and have to belief in a trinity, so why can you not do that?

Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace and Love Mrs.

My only concern about restricting all forums to believers is that we won't get the chance to witness to non-believers.

I can totally understand not having atheists in the SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE and PRAYER & ADVICE categories as it is really a prerequisite that one be a believer to post anything meaningful there.

Not3in1
Participant

I have given this some thought since you presented me with the idea, t8.

My thoughts do not center around “restricting forums”.  My thoughts are on expanding the rules to include no disrepecting of God's name and character.  As it has been mentioned, this is a Christian site – it should be respected as such.  Agreeing and disagreeing should be allowed among believer's and non-believer's, in my opinion.  However, calling God names or infering that he is nasty or evil should not be tolerated.  There are other ways to get your point accross besides blatant disrespect.

Thanks for considering my thoughts,
Mandy

david
Participant

I believe that one sticking to the subject is what is important.

If discussing trinity, then an argument against it shouldn't be:

'God doesn't exist therefore the trinity is false.'
or
in the Pre-existence thread,
'We shouldn't be discussing Jesus pre-existence but his very existence.'

I believe evolution for example should be discussed quite a bit, but in that thread. It definitely has a relavence to religion and is an important topic, since so many believe it.

But sticking to the subject has always been a rule, I think.

If someone wants to discuss whether Jesus is the Messiah, that is also a very important topic. The evidence suggests he is. People should see this evidence. The fact that some are so easily swayed by false reasoning and fallacies of thinking and just plain lies, means some should exercise self control. If someone speaks negatively about a subject and is just known to be wrong all the time and without any hope of seeing the light, we would want to avoid that subject.

kenrch
Participant

I really don't know are these here to weed the garden? But yet:

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jo 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Whatever the LORD'S will be done!

I find it amazing that they have NOT witnessed the Holy Spirit? But Yet they judge those who have!!! Is this separation of the sheep and the goats?

I know that we ARE in the Harvest time AND THE CALL STILL GOES OUT COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE! Rev. 18:4.

All you who have eyes SEE what is happening! And listen to the Spirit!

IM4Truth
Participant

T8 I do not agree for the simple reason, because one has lostt he faith in Jesus and another is on the edge, since Tow has started to post here. He has confused those and I am not happy aboutt that fact.

Peace and Love Mrs.

IM4Truth
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 24 2007,10:22)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 24 2007,09:58)
Heaven  I have felt like going away for so long now, because this is crazy, having an Atheist and Someone that does not belief in Jesus on a Christian Website. Why are they here? I belief only to give us a hard time, and I find that 100 wrong. Let them get their own Website. I am very upset about all of this. Knowing that other Forums even restrict you and have to belief in a trinity, so why can you not do that?

Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace and Love Mrs.

My only concern about restricting all forums to believers is that we won't get the chance to witness to non-believers.

I can totally understand not having atheists in the SCRIPTURE & DOCTRINE and PRAYER & ADVICE categories as it is really a prerequisite that one be a believer to post anything meaningful there.

t8 I do not agree with that, because one has lost His Faith in Jesus and another is on the edge since Tow has posted here. I do not like that at all. That is so sad. Tow is not here to learn from us. Rather the opposite is the case, He is here to give us a hard time. I do not read His post at all, but sadly some have and you know what happend. I don't understand that, if one is grounded in Jesus, He said that He is not going to loose us. I blieve in Him and count on Him. I also belief if we want to witness to unbelievers we can do that in the world. I am here to share my Faith and understnding of the Bible. Why is Stu here? What does Tow do?

Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace and Love Mrs.

david
Participant

T8 I do not agree for the simple reason, because one has lostt he faith in Jesus and another is on the edge

who are these people and what are their reasons?

Towshab
Participant

I won't vote because I am a late comer to the forums. I will respect whatever decision is made. Faith can be a fragile thing if people set themselves up for a fall by expecting too much from anything man had his hands all over.

Not3in1
Participant

Everyone should vote or express their opinions as to the idea proposed. After all, it affects us ALL in one way or another.

Laurel
Participant

Things can get pretty hot here at times, but I think of it as the refiners fire. We have 10 rules of commands from the almighty, and we need to do them on a person basis with our Creator.

When an athiest or Jew or Christain or whomever is judged in the last day, let it be confirmed.

Today, we look to those who bear the fruit of the Set-apart Spirit. That is how we separate good from sour.

I noticed those who are most bent on suspending others are the ones who keep replying to the person they want gone. The best thing is just do not respond. We are adults here for the most part.

Don't put new laws where none are needed.

Laurel

I think David makes some good points.

The only problem I would see is how to enforce those rules since the topics overlap in so many cases its hard to know where to draw the line. Not to mention it would seem to be very time consuming for t8 to have to oversee all of this.

Maybe there could be a forum catagory or section that is devoted just for any topic including politics (well within a moral context) or any subject that they want to discuss, both believer and unbeliever.

Perhaps only guest and members who are believers can post their comments there. While the rest of the forums is dedicated for just members who must be believers. If an agnostic or unbeliever wants to discuss something in the other threads then they could copy and paste in the “almost anything goes” forum or threads what they want to discuss. Those believers who want to participate can as well as the guest.

Just a thought.

I personally am not intimidated or afraid of loosing my faith by these guys, for I have been where they are, but then this forum is not for me.

It does seem that there is less going on in the deeper things of our faith since there is so much defending of the foundational principles of the faith.

:)

Laurel
Participant

If we can't minister to non-believers then we are nothing.

Not3in1
Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 24 2007,16:26)
the “almost anything goes” forum

I predict this would be the most popular forum! :laugh:

IM4Truth
Participant

It does seem that there is less going on in the deeper things of our faith since there is so much defending of the foundational principles of the faith.

W.J. Yes I have noticed that too. It is no wonder to me, tho. And you are right just stop answering them. But you know what little by little I will have nothing to say anymore, if this continues. So sad.

Peace and Love Mrs.

acertainchap
Participant

If peoples' faith is influenced by things Stu and Tow, say, then there wasn't much of a foundation to begin with. I probably would vote for “all forums be open to all” then again, it would be better suited for me not to vote at all. We have something called free-will, also, and if people allow others to attack and influence their faith, it isn't merely their fault, but our own as well. This is how I see it: It's easier to blame others for everthing that happens, then to find our own mistakes and to admit when we are wrong ourselves, as well.

:blues:

Not3in1
Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ Nov. 25 2007,04:14)
If peoples' faith is influenced by things Stu and Tow, say, then there wasn't much of a foundation to begin with.

I realize this isn't the proper forum to bring this part up, but I just couldn't help but comment on this by Chap.

After hearing from some who are on this site and some potential memebers to this site – I must say that this is the point………..their foundation in Christ is weak.  That is why certain folks were feeling the way they were.  What does scripture say?  Does it say, “Leave the weak by the roadside because they couldn't hack it?”  No.  It says we must up-hold the weaker brother.  

So the question is, where do our responsibilities to our brother's and sister's begin, and where do they end?  It is easier to say, “Each man for himself.”  But as Christians we are to watch out for our brethren.  This comes with maturity, of course.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account