Satan's Christmas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 17 2011,10:22)

Quote (princess @ Oct. 16 2011,18:56)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 16 2011,15:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 16 2011,09:00)

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 13 2011,22:04)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 14 2011,07:00)

Quote (princess @ Oct. 12 2011,21:19)
    So the passage you present 'they must be put to death' means what to you?

I feel conflicted about it, Princess.  God Himself says that homosexuals are an abomintation, detestable to His eyes, and that those found in the nation of Israel were to be killed.

Solomon said:
    Proverbs 17:15
    He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous; Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

God Himself labeled them as wicked – so who am I to justify them?

But in the back of my head I hear Jesus saying, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone”.

Therefore, I'm conflicted and basically avoid them and media about them altogether.

What does “they must be put to death” mean to YOU?

peace,
    mike

Mike,

Did John the Baptist cast a stone when he rebuked Herod for his sin?

You make a good point, Kerwin.  But I don't put myself into John's category.  That man was sent by God to pave the way for my Lord.  I am a nobody.

Mike,

We are instructed to rebuke our neighbor so as not to be a part with his sin.  John the Baptist was just doing what the love of God compels one to do.  There are other scriptures that should be considered in getting to the heart of the matter but those two passages I have spoken of is some of what I have considered.

…….or when you come to discover your neighbor is buying and selling drugs, you could be friend a state police officer and have them stop in at your house now and again to say hello or have dinner.
    I know, I know not the most up and up thing to do, alas, the dealings have ceased now, but then again the conversations with my neighbor has also.
    :laugh:

Princess,

Interesting!

We also are told that John the Baptist lost his head as a result of that rebuke. :ghostface:

Kerwin

so also did Christ lost his live for his preaching and stand faced the Jewish leaders

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 16 2011,10:08)
    Greetings Irene ….. The celebration of birthdays is an exaltation of ones self …. The bible does not speak to this in either the OT or the new,because,it is a pagan practice.

Actually, it was during the birthday celebration of Herod Antipas that John was beheaded.

The question is whether or not Herod was considered to be a real Jew.  No mention is made about his birthday celebration being pagan, or frowned upon by the other Jews.  Plus, I've always wondered, if Herod was not a legit Jew and therefore not held accountable to Jewish customs, why would John the Baptist call him out for taking his brother's wife in the first place?  Surely it would have been none of John's business if Herod was not even held accountable to Jewish laws, right?

Paul says that holding certain days in higher esteem than others neither makes nor breaks a man.

I have wondered about the refusal of the JWs to celebrate birthdays in light of these things.

Perhaps I will start a “Birthday” thread so we can discuss and learn more about this.

mike

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 17 2011,03:08)

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 11 2011,05:09)
    I used my magnifying glass and read some of your post….About Christmas….
    Jesus was not born on that day…. But a Sun God did…. Would you celebrate your Sons Birthday on Hitlers Birthday?  I don't think so….
    When was Jesus born?  We need a Gods Calendar to figure it out the Month Jesus was born…. I also find it interesting that the Bible does not lists Jesus Birthday….I will brin g up a tread about Christmas…Irene

Greetings Irene ….. The celebration of birthdays is an exaltation of ones self …. The bible does not speak to this in either the OT or the new,because,it is a pagan practice.

The point I was making is that Jesus was not born on Dec. 25… not whether we should celebrate it at all…. besides if we ever would celebrate Jesus Birthday, its not ours, right???
    Peace Irene

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 16 2011,13:37)
    Hi All!  Glad to be Home…. Our Second Son got married today for the third time….Hope and pray that three is a charm….. All that is not for us oldies any longer…. Had to light the Unity Candle…hope it will take this time…..As far as a day to pray, we should really pray every day and to me that makes the day Holy…and fasting is the day of Atonement and takes place once a year……peace and Love Irene

Congrats on the wedding.

Yeah we should always be talking with our Lord. I'm going to have a prayer over Christmas in October so until prayers are answered I won't have any real reposes on the subject.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 17 2011,05:01)

Hi All!  Glad to be Home…. Our Second Son got married today for the third time….Hope and pray that three is a charm….. All that is not for us oldies any longer…. Had to light the Unity Candle…hope it will take this time…..As far as a day to pray, we should really pray every day and to me that makes the day Holy…and fasting is the day of Atonement and takes place once a year……peace and Love Irene

Congrats on the wedding.

Yeah we should always be talking with our Lord. I'm going to have a prayer over Christmas in October so until prayers are answered I won't have any real reposes on the subject.

What are we praying for? Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Congrats on the wedding.

Thank you, it was a real nice service….Irene

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 17 2011,05:03)

Congrats on the wedding.

For what day it should take place. If it's a bad idea all together than God will mention it. The pastor at my evening church seems pretty close to God. I'll ask for them to pray. I'll pray to for the sake of counting on God and

Raziel
    Participant

Could anyone tell me where the edit button is? Some how that was sent before I intended it to be sent. Well the last words was not humans.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Raz,

You have to request the privilege of “Edit” from the owner of the site.  You can send a pm to t8 and make your request.

Or ask via this thread.

Raziel
    Participant

Wow that's the first I have seen you need the privilege to edit your comments. The only edit restrictions I have seen on sites is other's comments for admins and higher.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

t8 runs a tight ship! :)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2011,22:42)

I feel conflicted about it, Princess.  God Himself says that homosexuals are an abomintation, detestable to His eyes, and that those found in the nation of Israel were to be killed.

Solomon said:
    He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous; Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

But in the back of my head I hear Jesus saying, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone”.

Therefore, I'm conflicted and basically avoid them and media about them altogether.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

You make a good point, Kerwin.  But I don't put myself into John's category.  That man was sent by God to pave the way for my Lord.  I am a nobody.

Mike,

We are instructed to rebuke our neighbor so as not to be a part with his sin.  John the Baptist was just doing what the love of God compels one to do.  There are other scriptures that should be considered in getting to the heart of the matter but those two passages I have spoken of is some of what I have considered.

…….or when you come to discover your neighbor is buying and selling drugs, you could be friend a state police officer and have them stop in at your house now and again to say hello or have dinner.
    I know, I know not the most up and up thing to do, alas, the dealings have ceased now, but then again the conversations with my neighbor has also.

Princess,

Interesting!

We also are told that John the Baptist lost his head as a result of that rebuke. :ghostface:

Kerwin

so also did Christ lost his live for his preaching and stand faced the Jewish leaders

Pierre,

In a way since it seems he offended those in power as well as made them fearful that he was a false Messiah that would draw down the wrath of the Roman Empire on them as later happen with an actual false Messiah.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 17 2011,16:25)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 16 2011,22:42)

Solomon said:

peace,
    mike

Mike,

Mike,

Princess,

Interesting!

Kerwin

Pierre,

In a way since it seems he offended those in power as well as made them fearful that he was a false Messiah that would draw down the wrath of the Roman Empire on them as later happen with an actual false Messiah.

Kerwin

it is also true with all true Christians ,because they belong to Christ and Gods kingdom ,and this world will make war to them for the two reasons that Christ was also killed

princess
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 17 2011,03:22)

Princess,

Interesting!

Last time I check Kerwin all was still intacted, and my sissy (a blessed woman of purpose) was fretting a bit over the matter so she came and annointed the house and surroundings, even the dog. All is well, however when you don't see a post for a couple of weeks from me, be sure enough the triads got a hold of me  :;):

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 17 2011,05:20)

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 17 2011,05:03)

Congrats on the wedding.

For what day it should take place. If it's a bad idea all together than God will mention it. The pastor at my evening church seems pretty close to God. I'll ask for them to pray. I'll pray to for the sake of counting on God and

Does your Pastor believe in the trinity doctrine?…… Peace Irene

Raziel
    Participant

Not sure. most Christians I know do. I don't know to many branches that don't, one of them if I remeber correctly is the Jehovah's witnesses.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 18 2011,02:31)
    Not sure. most Christians I know do. I don't know to many branches that don't, one of them if I remeber correctly is the Jehovah's witnesses.

You are correct, the JW do not believe in a trinity…. The reason I ask is because I don't either…. And I have proven it to myself that it is not according to Scriptures… It is a man made doctrine and not of God… Therefore this Scriptures is for them

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Peace Irene

Raziel
    Participant

Better yet let's take a look at the verses in the chapter before that to.
    1Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

2Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

3But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

4For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

5But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

6And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

7Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Basically the scribes and Pharisees go up to Jesus and say your disciples break the rules because they don't wash their hands before eating . Jesus responds calling them hypocrites because they don't honor their parents which is a offensive that is grounds for the death penalty. Then at verse 9 worshiping means nothing if you don't mean it or put into action. That verse is part of his rant of calling them hypocrites and isn't really saying he isn't God.

Lets look at translations besides king james.

The message translation is more direct.

1-2 After that, Pharisees and religion scholars came to Jesus all the way from Jerusalem, criticizing, “Why do your disciples play fast and loose with the rules?”
    3-9But Jesus put it right back on them. “Why do you use your rules to play fast and loose with God's commands? God clearly says, 'Respect your father and mother,' and, 'Anyone denouncing father or mother should be killed.' But you weasel around that by saying, 'Whoever wants to, can say to father and mother, What I owed to you I've given to God.' That can hardly be called respecting a parent. You cancel God's command by your rules. Frauds! Isaiah's prophecy of you hit the bull's-eye:

These people make a big show of saying the right thing,
    but their heart isn't in it.
    They act like they're worshiping me,
    but they don't mean it.
    They just use me as a cover
    for teaching whatever suits their fancy.”

The NIV

Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
    3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    9 They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules

In the end it seems Jesus is saying you say you worship me but you don't. Just the the shear fact he is saying you are trying to worship me through your hypocritical man made rituals to me he is indirectly calling himself God. The thing that gets me the most when you say verse 9 says Jesus isn't God is just the shear fact the Pharisees and scribes are going against him. Most Jews to this day don't believe Jesus to be God so for Jesus to say he isn't God wouldn't mean they are hypocrites which Jesus directly called them but would say they are right.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2011,04:32)

Kerwin

it is also true with all true Christians ,because they belong to Christ and Gods kingdom ,and this world will make war to them for the two reasons that Christ was also killed

Pierre,

That is what Jesus taught us.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 18 2011,16:43)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 17 2011,04:32)

Kerwin

Pierre,

That is what Jesus taught us.

kerwin

That is what Jesus taught us

NO,it is the scriptures that taught us ,because we believed them

Jn 17:20 “My prayer is not for them alone (the eleven). I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account