Satan's Christmas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Raziel
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 13 2011,10:38)

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 13 2011,05:46)
    Before I reply to any of these quotes I have a question. What are you all going to do on halloween?  Normal day? Christian halloween? Got something planed that so happens to be on halloween on coincidence?  

I was going to evening church but was wrongly told it took place on a Sunday and it turns out it's a Monday. It just might be a normal day for me. I don't dress up myself because I think that's childish to pretend to be something cool satanic or not. I do got to admit as a person who's first words were candy bar I would take a chance on free candy. I doubt it will happen because unless a church has a party I don't think I will go to one myself.

What am I going to do on Halloween? Go to bed early…. Or read a good Book…. Or crochet… Where we live no children come to our door… lucky us….Peae  Irene

Okay cool I invite you to Christmas in October
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=3992
    Mike is participating and so is my evening church and me of course.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 12 2011,05:07)

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 11 2011,09:28)
    I agree on the dripping blood zombie but people get fooled to believe that is cool. In the end though if you don't have your heart on satan I don't think you have to worry. Now if you already know this then you're just saying I do what I want and screw God but most people just get fooled by media and think it's cool for one night. In order for people to get close to Christ the best things we can do is show love and set the example. I don't dislike when someone doesn't celebrate halloween and don't because of their believe in God. What I dislike is churches preaching you're going to hell because you worship satan through it. I was fooled as a child to and I was the grim reaper one year. Yeah the adult is accountable     but to open up spiritual eyes we need to preach love. The church I went later in my high school days had christian halloween to keep us away from all that stuff.  Also the fact still remains what people do at partys and trick or treating is very different from burning people alive and what they do on the real halloween. I got away from the ghouls and all that by someone inviting me to church and getting closer to God, not someone telling me you're going to hell. The ironic thing about this thread is the shear fact I agree with the self discipline of not celebrating halloween for the sake of faith and will be at evening church when Halloween comes. Some people are getting away from Christ because they think it's all about hell. In the end I think it's you're heart that's going to be judged and that's on halloween and any other day.

I agree Raziel,
    I would like to see the church plan a concert targeted towards the youth that will promote the gospel during that time instead of providing candy and dressing up in costumes and jumping on inflatable slides, etc., which gives the appearance of celebrating halloween.  I would prefer halloween didn't exist.  One year I planned a bonfire, hobo party for my daughter and her cross country team with a sleep over.  I had them go on a scavenger hunt and it happened about two weeks after halloween.  The kids had a blast and all got dressed up like hobos.  I read them a story of a friend of mine that lives a lot like a hobo but does so to travel and show God's love to people.

Welcome to HN, Raziel,
    Kathi

Razial & Kathi,

It is my belief the same principal can be extended to Halloween and any other day you care to mention in keeping with the following passage.

Romans 14
    King James Version (KJV)

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

princess
    Participant

I disagree with defense and find it blasphemous to say something was added to the bible because of man's input. i think of the word as 100% God's word.

Man added to the what you call the bible, and also took away. Tis documented fact, the catholic church decided for you what your bible was going to be.
    you decided to accept it

princess
    Participant

We can throw out all the homosexual verses we want but that doesn't change the fact the signs turn people from christ

Sometimes actions speak louder then words. Like a christian halloween for instance, now that is an perfect example of a oxymoron.

princess
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 13 2011,10:03)

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 12 2011,13:25)
    That is the reason I disagree with the God hates faggots signs.

Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

I stand by GOD'S words, not our politically correct culture.  (Also read Lev 18:22, Rom 1:27, 1 Tim 1:9-10 and 1 Cor 6:9-10.)

The American society has gone from hating them publically to hating them privately to slowly accepting them as “normal people” to holding them in an even higher regard than heterosexuals.  There's hardly a program on TV anymore where a gay character isn't shoved down our throats as such a cool, funny, smart and NORMAL guy.  I find that to be an assault on God Himself and what HE wants for us.

So while you won't ever see me holding a sign that says, “God hates faggots” – those words are scripturally true.

To answer your question, Halloween is simply another normal day in my life.

peace,
    mike

So does this death now comes by the day of judgement. No longer are ones responisble to do the actually physical act of putting to death, they just know that one day for not following the ways of god, their punishment will be burning forever and knowing this in your heart, then there should not really be any resentment, anger towards a homosexual should it.

Maybe for further reference, do what Lot did, kept his eyes to the ground so he did not see such things that he knew were an abomination to his god. A lot easier these days, just push a button, the television is off.

Raziel
    Participant

I would agree to that if halloween was the same as it was when it wasn't mainstream. Before it was mainstream a jack o lantern was the act of burning a person. In mainstream today it's a light in a pumpkin.
    The mainstream has taken the satan out of halloween. Yes actions speak louder than words and most people's actions on halloween activities don't say satan. Sure you got a small amount of children dressing as ghouls instead of power rangers and fairies but the fact remains Jesus judges from the heart. I don't think any bad judgement will come to those who have a good time on their heart. I don't see how can you compare what satanist do in the beginning of halloween to what mainstream does today. Some of that goes on today but it's underground and if someone is that far into it all you can do is pray for them.

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Oct. 14 2011,10:07)

I disagree with defense and find it blasphemous to say something was added to the bible because of man's input. i think of the word as 100% God's word.

Man added to the what you call the bible, and also took away. Tis documented fact, the catholic church decided for you what your bible was going to be.
    you decided to accept it

Yeah I should keep that in mind. Maybe we should all learn Hebrew and read Hebrew bibles.

Raziel
    Participant

So Princess what about having Christmas in October?

princess
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 14 2011,10:23)
    I would agree to that if halloween was the same as it was when it wasn't mainstream. Before it was mainstream a jack o lantern was the act of burning a person. In mainstream today it's a light in a pumpkin.
    The mainstream has taken the satan out of halloween.  Yes actions speak louder than words and most people's actions on halloween activities don't say satan. Sure you got a small amount of children dressing as ghouls instead of power rangers and fairies  but the fact remains Jesus judges from the heart. I don't think any bad judgement will come to those who have a good time on their heart. I don't see how can you compare what satanist do in the beginning of halloween to what mainstream does today. Some of that goes on today but it's underground and if someone is that far into it all you can do is pray for them.

Since the world is in so disaccord as you agreed with Shimmer [(a highly favored and blessed woman) and
    (going to 'pull a Stuart here)] what data do you have that supports people celebrating halloween with either the good witch or bad witch syndrome?

Personally the holiday is annoying on all accounts, I know christianity changes the bad to the good, it is embedded in them to take on other rituals, traditions of other faiths and mold them into theirs. For one just to admit to the fact that they do this would be most refreshing and be alright with it, without adding so much thought process to it, the amount of thought placed into it, is enough of a clue of really what to do.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 14 2011,10:30)

Razamataz, I don't celebrate holidays of either man or gods. Why would I give more on one day then another, doesn't make any logical sense to me.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 14 2011,10:28)

you decided to accept it

Yeah I should keep that in mind. Maybe we should all learn Hebrew and read Hebrew bibles.

Don't limit yourself to what churches or denominations offer, you have been given a sound mind to know what truths are and what they are not.

Raziel
    Participant

The good witch bad witch syndrome come from the fact I have talked to people into witchcraft and all that. What the mainstream does at halloween is not witchcraft or any of the sort. If you find any person into any of that they will tell you the mainstream halloween is a joke for kids.

While I disagree that today's mainstream halloween is satanic and is just for fun I agree with one thing and that is that a good christian would not celebrate it out of faith due to it's satanic roots.

Now what Christians weapon? the answer is the word of God, prayer and fasting. If you truly believe or even 10% that halloween is satanic I suggest you join me and mike in Christmas in October.

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Oct. 14 2011,11:35)

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 14 2011,10:28)

you decided to accept it

Don't limit yourself to what churches or denominations offer, you have been given a sound mind to know what truths are and what they are not.

I church surf so I don't even limit my self to one denomination let alone what one says. If I wanted to do that a christian website with all kinds of denominations would be asinine.

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Oct. 14 2011,11:25)

Razamataz, I don't celebrate holidays of either man or gods. Why would I give more on one day then another, doesn't make any logical sense to me.

Do it for the Lord than. What me and mike are going to do is fast and pray. Why because that's the weapon against satan.
    If one fasts and prays then it's not halloween and anything you can say against that would just look cute. I dare say if you don't do something against halloween weather it's the Christmas in october or something you come up for the lord then your side of the argument is a hypocrisy and invalid.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Oct. 12 2011,21:19)
    So the passage you present 'they must be put to death' means what to you?

I feel conflicted about it, Princess.  God Himself says that homosexuals are an abomintation, detestable to His eyes, and that those found in the nation of Israel were to be killed.

Solomon said:
    Proverbs 17:15
    He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous; Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

God Himself labeled them as wicked – so who am I to justify them?

But in the back of my head I hear Jesus saying, “Let him who is without sin cast the first stone”.

Therefore, I'm conflicted and basically avoid them and media about them altogether.

What does “they must be put to death” mean to YOU?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 13 2011,07:52)
    What do you think a good christian would do about a homosexual?

See my post above.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Oct. 13 2011,17:10)
    Maybe for further reference, do what Lot did, kept his eyes to the ground so he did not see such things that he knew were an abomination to his god. A lot easier these days, just push a button, the television is off.

That sums up my actions concerning homosexuals. :)

Raziel
    Participant

I actually overall agree with you I feel conflicted to. It does say homosexuals are a abomination. People say don't judge but even if you don't get human judgement you get God's. I would rather get corrected by a human and repent than get judged by a almighty God. These day people say don't judge to do what they want. I feel sorry for them. The main reason I disagree with the signs saying God hates faggots is that it does nothing. Also as mentioned before if you do what the bible says you would kill them.

princess
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 14 2011,11:45)

Quote (princess @ Oct. 14 2011,11:25)

Do it for the Lord than. What me and mike are going to do is fast and pray. Why because that's the weapon against satan.
    If one fasts and prays then it's not halloween and anything you can say against that would just look cute. I dare say if you don't do something against halloween weather it's the Christmas in october or something you come up for the lord then your side of the argument is a hypocrisy and invalid.

Raz

I can fast and pray anytime anyday, I am not going to have man's holiday dictate my manner of living. To show this type of behavior only shows fear, and I am far from being afraid.

Dare say all you want, however, I am under no obligation to adhere to such claims, and the guity for god trip doesn't work for me.

I wish the best to you and others that are doing such, my sister has been doing similiar in a grander scale for years now. So I fully understand your intentions, however they are not mine.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (princess @ Oct. 13 2011,19:39)
    I can fast and pray anytime anyday, I am not going to have man's holiday dictate my manner of living.

I think the point was more one of solidarity, Princess. Whenever two or more are gathered in his name, he'll be there also.

I saw it as an invite for you to become one with us as we attempt to become one with the Father and the Son – praising them and asking for guidance on this Halloween issue, among other things.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account