Satan was NOT the God of this age

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 15 2012,10:07)
    2 Corinthians 4:4 as it reads in most translations:

whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

For much of my christian life life I was misled to believe that the “god of this age” was a reference to satan. I have come to totally reject this interpretation for three reasons:

1. Christ is the image of “the God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men which completely rules out that it can be a reference to satan.

“The God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men in the first clause and “the God” (hotheos) of whom Christ is the image in the second clause are the same person. Jesus is the image of “the God” in the second clause. Therefore, “the God” in the first clause CANNOT be satan.

2. The term “of this age” is amphibolous and refers to unbelievers.

The God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

3. In 3:14 Paul had just said that the unbelievers of the prior age were blinded by God through the putting on of a veil over the face of Moses.

Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the SAME VEIL remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

The instrument of the blindness of unbelievers of both ages was the “same veil.” Satan NEVER had the power to blind the minds of men. And he is NEVER called “the God” (hotheos) anywhere in the scriptures.

KJ

hI BROTHER.

2 COR 4:4.THE GOD OF THIS WORLD.
    THIS IS THE REASON I USE THE OLD KING JAMES.
    THE LATER THE TRANSLAION THE MORE DILUTED.
    SATAN IS AT WORK ALL THESE AGES.
    BECAREFUL OF HIS WICKED WORKS BRO.

WAKEUP.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Jan. 16 2012,01:41)
    KJ: You are correct! I am so glad to finally here someone else claim our Son of God, Christ position, Lord of lords, High Priest position, King of kings, Jesus is God in the flesh!!……Satin is not the god of this world. Satan can't see! Satan does not know where he is going! Satan can't find or know truth.

Here is some more: AT John16:11, I believe Jesus is referring to himself when he said….Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged (condemned)…..If you back up to 15:25 you can see that when Jesus refers to “the world” it is the religious world order because he refers to something written in….. “their law”…. which was reference to the Jews law. Then at V8 he is referring to convicting the 'world' of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
    The spirit of truth later convicts the Jews of judging Jesus to death. THE PRINCE OF PEACE CONVICTED TO DIE!

John12:31….Now is the judgment of “this world(the Jews)”….now shall “the(true) prince of this world” be cast out….The Jews judged Jesus to die…..but he was raised up and now draws all men unto him..!

To call Satan(the deceiver) any kind of god is blasphemy, IMO.!  Although I guess he is the master of lies, deceptions and darkness. Satan is the leader of lies. Devils are lies against the truth.  Just some opinions to provoke further truth!  TK

FTk.

satan is the God of this AGE;? Then he is the god of this WORLD?? Prince of this world?
    This age, is not equal to this world.

wakeup.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 18 2012,07:31)

whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

For much of my christian life life I was misled to believe that the “god of this age” was a reference to satan. I have come to totally reject this interpretation for three reasons:

1. Christ is the image of “the God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men which completely rules out that it can be a reference to satan.

“The God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men in the first clause and “the God” (hotheos) of whom Christ is the image in the second clause are the same person. Jesus is the image of “the God” in the second clause. Therefore, “the God” in the first clause CANNOT be satan.

2. The term “of this age” is amphibolous and refers to unbelievers.

The God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

3. In 3:14 Paul had just said that the unbelievers of the prior age were blinded by God through the putting on of a veil over the face of Moses.

Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the SAME VEIL remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

The instrument of the blindness of unbelievers of both ages was the “same veil.” Satan NEVER had the power to blind the minds of men. And he is NEVER called “the God” (hotheos) anywhere in the scriptures.

KJ

hI BROTHER.

2 COR 4:4.THE GOD OF THIS WORLD.
    THIS IS THE REASON I USE THE OLD KING JAMES.
    THE LATER THE TRANSLAION THE MORE DILUTED.
    SATAN IS AT WORK ALL THESE AGES.
    BECAREFUL OF HIS WICKED WORKS BRO.

WAKEUP.

If you believe that satan is a god, then you are not “Wakeup.” You are in a stupor caused by the traditions of men.

KJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

KJ

Another perfect example of the Trinity Doctrine warping the understanding of scripture in order to make everything fit the Trinity doctrine.

You forget KJ that the world is the enemy of God and the word 'world' is the same word for 'age' which is eon.

Remember that the world is not of God for whoever loves the world cannot love God because you cannot serve 2 masters. Saying that God is the God of this world is attributing that which is of Satan to God. In fact God actually saves the world. If the world was of God, then why does it need saving?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Satan certainly is the god of this age and he is also a father. The Father of lies.

ftk
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Jan. 18 2012,07:43)

Quote (ftk @ Jan. 16 2012,01:41)
    KJ: You are correct! I am so glad to finally here someone else claim our Son of God, Christ position, Lord of lords, High Priest position, King of kings, Jesus is God in the flesh!!……Satin is not the god of this world. Satan can't see! Satan does not know where he is going! Satan can't find or know truth.

Here is some more: AT John16:11, I believe Jesus is referring to himself when he said….Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged (condemned)…..If you back up to 15:25 you can see that when Jesus refers to “the world” it is the religious world order because he refers to something written in….. “their law”…. which was reference to the Jews law. Then at V8 he is referring to convicting the 'world' of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
    The spirit of truth later convicts the Jews of judging Jesus to death. THE PRINCE OF PEACE CONVICTED TO DIE!

John12:31….Now is the judgment of “this world(the Jews)”….now shall “the(true) prince of this world” be cast out….The Jews judged Jesus to die…..but he was raised up and now draws all men unto him..!

To call Satan(the deceiver) any kind of god is blasphemy, IMO.!  Although I guess he is the master of lies, deceptions and darkness. Satan is the leader of lies. Devils are lies against the truth.  Just some opinions to provoke further truth!  TK

FTk.

satan is the God of this AGE;? Then he is the god of this WORLD?? Prince of this world?
    This age, is not equal to this world.

wakeup.

wakup:

The “God” you believe in…is the “God” you serve! You create your own personal “God” that you believe in through the scriptures or other information! You say you have chosen “Satan” as your choice of “God” of this world.

You have chosen darkness, deception, lies and untruth as the ''God of this world, for you! The term “God” means supreme, almighty, self-existant, all there is!

There can only be ONE true God! You might find more alignment with your truth on a “Satanic” believers net than a Christ believers net! TK

ftk
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 18 2012,09:50)

KJ

Another perfect example of the Trinity Doctrine warping the understanding of scripture in order to make everything fit the Trinity doctrine.

You forget KJ that the world is the enemy of God and the word 'world' is the same word for 'age' which is eon.

Remember that the world is not of God for whoever loves the world cannot love God because you cannot serve 2 masters. Saying that God is the God of this world is attributing that which is of Satan to God. In fact God actually saves the world. If the world was of God, then why does it need saving?

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Satan certainly is the god of this age and he is also a father. The Father of lies.

t8: Excellent post of truth.

One point about the term “age” or “eon” that Jesus referred to if you read a bit further you will notice that the “age” was the “religious” order of that time.
    The scriptures refer to…as it is written in your law….! The old Jewish religion. The end of the Temple(built with blocks and mortar)…the establishment of the new Temple of God, made without hands, made by God. The new creation of mankind through the “spirit” words of God from Jesus. God imparts his words into this world through Jesus. If we accept them and hold fast believing them we become them.

This world, the Earth realm, was created for mankind and given to mankind to rule and reign over all things. God gave the earth to Adam!! The world, starting with Adam, believed evil an so “evil” began its evolution in man. Whether evil/death was created by other forces or not I don't know.

But the challenge for all time from the beginning was either “good” or “good and evil”! Believing “good” only has ONE God!! Believing “good and evil” has two gods for choice. I believe in good only, ONE God revealed by Jesus. Therefore I don't believe in “evil” or “death”! All is energy. Energy changes form and function but cannot be created or destroyed.

If we truly have the all powerful mind of Christ, the anointing of God…then whatsoever truth we believe in our minds/hearts and express forth by words is created in our existence for experience!

If we believe we have “eternal life in God” then we will not choose to submit to thinking and meditating on any or all of the fruit of evil, death, destruction, dying, lack, hate, murder, killing, stealing, hurting, et. al. ! (like satan is the god of this world) IMO, TK

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Jan. 18 2012,21:56)

KJ

t8: Excellent post of truth.

One point about the term “age” or “eon” that Jesus referred to if you read a bit further you will notice that the “age” was the “religious” order of that time.
    The scriptures refer to…as it is written in your law….! The old Jewish religion. The end of the Temple(built with blocks and mortar)…the establishment of the new Temple of God, made without hands, made by God. The new creation of mankind through the “spirit” words of God from Jesus. God imparts his words into this world through Jesus. If we accept them and hold fast believing them we become them.

This world, the Earth realm, was created for mankind and given to mankind to rule and reign over all things. God gave the earth to Adam!! The world, starting with Adam, believed evil an so “evil” began its evolution in man. Whether evil/death was created by other forces or not I don't know.

But the challenge for all time from the beginning was either “good” or “good and evil”!  Believing “good” only has ONE God!! Believing “good and evil” has two gods for choice. I believe in good only, ONE God revealed by Jesus. Therefore I don't believe in “evil” or “death”! All is energy. Energy changes form and function but cannot be created or destroyed.

If we truly have the all powerful mind of Christ, the anointing of God…then whatsoever truth we believe in our minds/hearts and express forth by words is created in our existence for experience!

If we believe we have “eternal life in God” then we will not choose to submit to thinking and meditating on any or all of the fruit of evil, death, destruction, dying, lack, hate, murder, killing, stealing, hurting, et. al. ! (like satan is the god of this world)  IMO, TK

FTK.

John.12:31.Now is the judgement of this WORLD(not age)
    Now shall the prince of this WORLD(not age) be cast out.
    (These are the Lords words.)

2 cor 4:4.In whom the god of this world hath blinded,the minds of them that believe not,lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

You say ,the god of this world is God?

John 18:36. Jesus answered, MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD: IF MY KINGDOM WERE OF THIS WORLD,THEN WOULD MY SERVANTS FIGHT,THAT I SHOULD NOT BE DELIVERED TO THE JEWS; BUT NOW IS MY KINGDOM NOT FROM HENCE.

James 4:4. 1 John2:16. 4:4.5.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..There is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD, according to Jesus, So how is it that your SATAN is the GOD of any thing? MY GOD is SOVEREIGN over (ALL HIS CREATION) and that includes this PRESENT EARTH. If you make Satan your GOD then that is who you worship then while SATAN can be considered to be (personified) as a Prince, like Jesus did (IT) certainly is not a GOD of anything. WE have but ONE TRUE GOD and HE (IS) SOVEREIGN. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

KJ

“Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech

unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.

But their minds were blinded.

For until THIS DAY the SAME VEIL remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ….

God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe,

lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.”

You satan worshippers yank Paul's “god of this age” statement out of its context. He clearly said that until “THIS DAY” it is the “SAME VEIL” that blinds the minds of men.

Satan NEVER had the power to blind the minds of people. He is NOT called a 'god' anywhere else and certainly not here.

Correct translation:

“God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe.”

God by instrumentation of the veil blinded the minds of men both in Moses' day and in Paul's day. John said that GOD has blinded their minds and hardened their hearts.

You satan worshippers commit blasphemy by your suggestion that God works in league with satan to blind the minds of men.

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Wakeup said to ftk:

FTK.

John.12:31.Now is the judgement of this WORLD(not age)
    Now shall the prince of this WORLD(not age) be cast out.
    (These are the Lords words.)

Jesus said, “NOW the prince of this world is cast out.” Jesus said that he was cast out “NOW.”

So how could he blind the minds of men if he was cast out “NOW?”

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Isn't it funny how t8 rejects tradition regarding the trinity doctrine but subscribes to the foolish teachings of tradition on satan?

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

TO ALL,

On another forum a person said that the prince of this age in John 12:31 is to be equated with the “god of this age” of 2 Corinthians 4:4.

This was my reply:

You say that the “prince of this age” in John 12 is to be equated with the “god of this age” in 2 Corinthians 4. Prove it! I think a better translation is,

“God has blinded the minds of the unbelieving of this age….”

1. God cannot be satan for Christ is his image.

God has blinded the minds of the unbelievers of this age, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”

God has blinded…that they cannot see Christ the image of God.

2. In 3:14 Paul said that it was the veil that blinded the minds of men in Moses' day and he said it was it was true until “this day.”

3. The veil blinded the minds of men by the act of Moses himself. When the people saw the glory of God in the face of Moses he put the veil on his face to hide it. So God through that “same veil” in Paul's day hid the glory of Jesus from unbelievers.

Satan had NOTHING to do with it Moses' day and he had nothing to do with it in Paul's day.

4. John said that God blinded the minds of men to the glory of Jesus when he performed the miracles (John 12:4o-41).

Therefore, you have commented on 12:31 out of its context with 41-42 and you have suggested that satan and God are in league together blinding the minds of men.

1. Can you live with the idea that God and satan worked in league together?

2. Can you live with the idea that Christ is the image of satan?

KJ

Hey Jack

I have to admit I rejected this one at first, but now I see it in light of the context. Looks like another Blow to the anti-Jesus is God folks who confess that there are many gods and that Jesus is a god like all other so-called gods.

You could post that one in the Anti-Jesus is God Fallacies Thread!

Good Job!

Blessings Keith

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 19 2012,08:06)
    Hey Jack

I have to admit I rejected this one at first, but now I see it in light of the context. Looks like another Blow to the anti-Jesus is God folks who confess that there are many gods and that Jesus is a god like all other so-called gods.

You could post that one in the Anti-Jesus is God Fallacies Thread!

Good Job!

Blessings Keith

Hi Keith,

Hey bro! Your voice of support on this one means a whole lot to me.

Jack

terraricca
    Participant

JKOO

1. Can you live with the idea that God and satan worked in league together?

this is of cause wrong thinking,but it is true that Satan can not work against himself and so will do all things in the only direction that he can go,and that is against Gods will,any way he can ,

look at you and your friend WJ, you agree in untruth ,and can not see the true light and so bring you in the web that belongs to the god of this world ,who the works are all to make Gods truth a lie,

I do not know if you have done this with your approval or have been deceived like many have,

Pierre

ftk
    Participant

For All: One says look at this scripture…see, it says this is God! Another says look at this scripture over here…see, it says this is God. There is but ONE true God. By the term itself,… self existent one…. can only be ONE! Jesus called his God….the most high God…! So I will also. We are saved from “sin” (thinking or thoughts that separate man from God) by the words of truth from the most high God, through Jesus, unto mankind! Jesus gave us the “truth” from the most high God that saves us from sin, heals our spirit, soul, and body, cleanses us and makes us whole unto God. Salvation from the most high God makes man perfect in Gods eyes which is all that matters, he is God most high. For this I am thankful beyond words and full of his love to pass to every human I come into contact with.

For someone to misread scriptures and declare another entity as god unto themselves, that is a liar and deceiver and the truth is not in him, is beyond my capability of understanding!! Only a fool would choose such a dark, destructive, evil, anti-life source and call him a god. But it is your right to choose the god of your choice for whatever reason you may find applicable! Only know this,….you will never know the truth of God…accepting and believing a so called god of lies and deceptions!! TK

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is sad that you resort God to the God of this world when we are told outright that the world is our enemy. We are told to not be of the world, and here you guys are saying that the world is of YHWH. In the name of your Trinity do you insult God with this and it shows that you do not fear God, but rather will twist any scripture to prove your false doctrine.

If you still refuse to see that Satan is the God of this age, then I offer this complimentary verse. It shows that the one who is in control of the world is not YHWH.

1 John 5:19
    We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

YHWH is the God of the Earth not the world. YHWH is the God of the cosmos, not the aion.

Look at what we are told about the world and you attribute this world to God? You need to sober up guys.

• You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
  • Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.
  • They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.
  • Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world,
  • The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.
  • If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.
  • The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
  • Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:
  • Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
  • See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
  • Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
  • Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
Proclaimer
Participant

PS, you fail to see how God uses Satan to draw those of Satan.
They are not in league, it is just that God can use anyone he likes to fulfill his will.
e.g., Satan will rise after the thousand years to gather an army, that God will destroy.

That is God using Satan to draw out from the people those that are of Satan, so that they can be bundled together and be destroyed.

Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 19 2012,05:44)
Isn't it funny how t8 rejects tradition regarding the trinity doctrine but subscribes to the foolish teachings of tradition on satan?

KJ

kj, you are defeated already.

If you want another round, then prepare for defeat again.

You cannot prosper with your false doctrine.
There is no good in a lie.

Proclaimer
Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 19 2012,03:22)
To All………..There is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD, according to Jesus, So how is it that your SATAN is the GOD of any thing? MY GOD is SOVEREIGN over (ALL HIS CREATION) and that includes this PRESENT EARTH. If you make Satan your GOD then that is who you worship then while SATAN can be considered to be (personified) as a Prince, like Jesus did (IT) certainly is not a GOD of anything. WE have but ONE TRUE GOD and HE (IS) SOVEREIGN. IMO

peace and love to you all……………………………………………………gene

Satan is the God of murder. He is called the Father of lies too which makes him the God of lies.

He is a god. The God of this age in fact.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account