Satan was NOT the God of this age

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 452 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

2 Corinthians 4:4 as it reads in most translations:

whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

For much of my christian life life I was misled to believe that the “god of this age” was a reference to satan. I have come to totally reject this interpretation for three reasons:

1. Christ is the image of “the God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men which completely rules out that it can be a reference to satan.

“The God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men in the first clause and “the God” (hotheos) of whom Christ is the image in the second clause are the same person. Jesus is the image of “the God” in the second clause. Therefore, “the God” in the first clause CANNOT be satan.

2. The term “of this age” is amphibolous and refers to unbelievers.

The God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

3. In 3:14 Paul had just said that the unbelievers of the prior age were blinded by God through the putting on of a veil over the face of Moses.

Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the SAME VEIL remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

The instrument of the blindness of unbelievers of both ages was the “same veil.” Satan NEVER had the power to blind the minds of men. And he is NEVER called “the God” (hotheos) anywhere in the scriptures.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 15 2012,17:07)

whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

For much of my christian life life I was misled to believe that the “god of this age” was a reference to satan. I have come to totally reject this interpretation for three reasons:

1. Christ is the image of “the God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men which completely rules out that it can be a reference to satan.

“The God” (hotheos) who blinds the minds of men in the first clause and “the God” (hotheos) of whom Christ is the image in the second clause are the same person. Jesus is the image of “the God” in the second clause. Therefore, “the God” in the first clause CANNOT be satan.

The God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.

3. In 3:14 Paul had just said that the unbelievers of the prior age were blinded by God through the putting on of a veil over the face of Moses.

Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the SAME VEIL remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.

The instrument of the blindness of unbelievers of both ages was the “same veil.” Satan NEVER had the power to blind the minds of men. And he is NEVER called “the God” (hotheos) anywhere in the scriptures.

KJ

JKOO

2Co 4:3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.
    2Co 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
    2Co 4:5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.
    2Co 4:6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

no doubt it is Satan ,the god of this age ,

NO SALE

Pierre

Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 15 2012,10:07)

KJ

hi jack:

I believe that you are reading these scriptures incorrectly.

Love Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2012,12:45)

KJ

hi jack:

Love Christ,
    Marty

I invite you to disprove me.

Jack

KangarooJack
    Participant

pierre said:

The correct reading is this:

“God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.”

Then it says that Christ is the “image of the God.” Is Christ the image of satan?

Paul had just said that the veil that blinded the minds of ubelievers in the old testament is the “same veil” that blinds the minds of unbelievers of this age. The term “of this age” is amphibolous and refers to unbelievers.

Jude 4 says that Jesus Christ is the “ONLY despotes [supreme ruler].”

You are a blasphemer!!!

KJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

KJ

KJ…………..You have a very valid Point brother. i believe you may be right on this one, becasue even in 2 Ths 2 it says because they recieved not the love of truth, God would send them a strong delusion in order for them to believe a LIE . Another Scripture says becasue they did not glorify him as God when they know Him He (GOD) turned then over (in their minds) to do all kind of evil things. Also if God can reveal thing to us in our minds he certainly came blind us also. Good points JK IMO.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………….gene

ftk
    Participant

KJ: You are correct! I am so glad to finally here someone else claim our Son of God, Christ position, Lord of lords, High Priest position, King of kings, Jesus is God in the flesh!!……Satin is not the god of this world. Satan can't see! Satan does not know where he is going! Satan can't find or know truth.

Here is some more: AT John16:11, I believe Jesus is referring to himself when he said….Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged (condemned)…..If you back up to 15:25 you can see that when Jesus refers to “the world” it is the religious world order because he refers to something written in….. “their law”…. which was reference to the Jews law. Then at V8 he is referring to convicting the 'world' of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
    The spirit of truth later convicts the Jews of judging Jesus to death. THE PRINCE OF PEACE CONVICTED TO DIE!

John12:31….Now is the judgment of “this world(the Jews)”….now shall “the(true) prince of this world” be cast out….The Jews judged Jesus to die…..but he was raised up and now draws all men unto him..!

To call Satan(the deceiver) any kind of god is blasphemy, IMO.! Although I guess he is the master of lies, deceptions and darkness. Satan is the leader of lies. Devils are lies against the truth. Just some opinions to provoke further truth! TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 15 2012,21:09)
    pierre said:

“God has blinded the minds of those who of this age do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of the God, should shine on them.”

Then it says that Christ is the “image of the God.” Is Christ the image of satan?

Paul had just said that the veil that blinded the minds of ubelievers in the old testament is the “same veil” that blinds the minds of unbelievers of this age. The term “of this age” is amphibolous and refers to unbelievers.

You are a blasphemer!!!

KJ

JKOO

Jude 1:4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

I BELIEVE IT DOES NOT SAY “GOD” ? RIGHT ? YES

on this one you are so wrong it is not funny ,either you are blind ,and this would be a good thing for you ,but if you can see you are a blasphemer,;

and mock the word of God and his holy spirit ,anyone that supports that type of lies will not go unpunished ,in this live and the one to come,

Ps 74:10 How long will the enemy mock you, O God?
    Will the foe revile your name forever?
    Ps 74:22 Rise up, O God, and defend your cause;
    remember how fools mock you all day long.
    Ps 80:6 You have made us a source of contention to our neighbors,
    and our enemies mock us.
    Ps 119:51 The arrogant mock me without restraint,
    but I do not turn from your law.
    Pr 1:26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster;
    I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
    Pr 14:9 Fools mock at making amends for sin,

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,01:59)

pierre said:

You are a blasphemer!!!

KJ

JKOO

Jude 1:4 For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

on this one you are so wrong it is not funny ,either you are blind ,and this would be a good thing for you ,but if you can see you are  a blasphemer,;

and mock the word of God and his holy spirit ,anyone that supports that type of lies will not go unpunished ,in this live and the one to come,

and our enemies mock us.

Pierre

This thread is NOT about the issue of Christ being God. It is about the issue of satan or Christ being the present ruler.

Pay attention!

KJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

ftk wrote:

To call Satan(the deceiver) any kind of god is blasphemy, IMO.!  Although I guess he is the master of lies, deceptions and darkness. Satan is the leader of lies. Devils are lies against the truth.  Just some opinions to provoke further truth!  TK

Amen! Look for a pm from me inviting you to come to another forum.

KJ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 16 2012,18:33)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,01:59)

pierre said:

You are a blasphemer!!!

KJ

JKOO

on this one you are so wrong it is not funny ,either you are blind ,and this would be a good thing for you ,but if you can see you are  a blasphemer,;

and our enemies mock us.

Pierre

This thread is NOT about the issue of Christ being God. It is about the issue of satan or Christ being the present ruler.

Pay attention!

KJ

JKOO

is it the present ruler of the world or the present ruler over all of creation ?????

not the same thing or is it ??

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 15 2012,13:59)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2012,12:45)

KJ

hi jack:

Love Christ,
    Marty

I invite you to disprove me.

Jack

Hi Jack,

“ois the god of this age etyflosen the meanings of the infidels against the
    non avgasai illumination of the gospel of the glory of Christ does Estin image of god”
    Google translations of 2Cor.4:4 seems to disagree with your use of Greek?   …any comments?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

KangarooJack
    Participant

ED J said:

non avgasai illumination of the gospel of the glory of Christ does Estin image of god”
    Google translations of 2Cor.4:4 seems to disagree with your use of Greek?   …any comments?

I have already refuted the pagan like translations. I gave the preferred translation WITH THE CONTEXT.

PREFERRED TRANSLATION:

CONTEXT:

Christ is said to be the image of “the God” in clause 2. Therefore, “the God” in clause 1 cannot be satan because “the God” in clause 1 and “the God” in clause 2 are the same person and Christ cannot be in the image of satan.

In 3:14 Paul had just said that the unbelievers of the prior age were blinded by the God through the putting on of a veil over the face of Moses.[/b]

I will ignore you if you fail to deal with context in your next post.

KJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 16 2012,13:36)
    ED J said:

I have already refuted the pagan like translations. I gave the preferred translation WITH THE CONTEXT.

PREFERRED TRANSLATION:

CONTEXT:

Christ is said to be the image of “the God” in clause 2. Therefore, “the God” in clause 1 cannot be satan because “the God” in clause 1 and “the God” in clause 2 are the same person and Christ cannot be in the image of satan.

In 3:14 Paul had just said that the unbelievers of the prior age were blinded by the God through the putting on of a veil over the face of Moses.[/b]

I will ignore you if you fail to deal with context in your next post.

KJ

Hi Jack,

2 Cor 3:14 doesn't say God blinded them? There minds were were blind for not recognizing Christ.

2 Cor 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail
    untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

God bless

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 16 2012,01:36)

KJ

KJ…………..You have a very valid Point brother. i believe you may be right on this one, becasue even in 2 Ths 2 it says because they recieved not the love of truth, God would send them a strong delusion in order for them to believe a LIE . Another Scripture says becasue they did not glorify him as God when they know Him He (GOD) turned then over (in their minds) to do all kind of evil things. Also if God can reveal thing to us in our minds he certainly came  blind us also. Good points JK IMO.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………….gene

John 12 also says that God had blinded their minds and hardened their hearts (John 12:40-42). If “God” in 2 Corinthians 4:4 is satan, then the only conclusion is that God and satan are in league together blinding the minds of men.

This also would be a blasphemy.

KJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 16 2012,19:20)

John 12 also says that God had blinded their minds and hardened their hearts (John 12:40-42). If “God” in 2 Corinthians 4:4 is satan, then the only conclusion is that God and satan are in league together blinding the minds of men.

This also would be a blasphemy.

KJ

Hi Jack,

Here it says they have closed their own ears; so it is their own disobedience that blinds them. Scripture interprets Scripture!

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed;
    lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand
    with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. (Matthew 13:15)

God bless

ftk
    Participant

For all: The religious world today has a greater faith in Satan than they do in Jesus. Their duped realities and distorted doctrines have created a universal picture in the hearts and minds of the religious world of Satan as a master and ruler of this world and Jesus is going to come someday, with a sword (double edged) from his mouth and fight and massacre Satan and his powerful armies of darkness, deception, lies, untruth, antichrist doctrines……. [can anyone imagine for a moment how well an army could function if everyone in it was a liar, deceiver, full of cunning, trickery & deception et.al.?]…..!

For the record that war for truth is being fought now…and those giving a credit to Satan and darkness on working on his side to deceive the others. The war of God/Truth started when Jesus came to earth to “enlighten” mankind as to what the truth of God is. Jesus gave us the weapons or our “TRUTH” warfare…..ITS NOT A FLESH AND BLOOD WAR…..IT IS A FIGHT FOR TRUTH….WHAT IS THE TRUTH FROM JESUS…….YOUR SIN IS TAKEN AWAY, REMOVED FROM EAST TO WEST…….WHAT OTHER TRUTH…….JESUS WORDS MADE YOU CLEAN…SAVED YOUR SOUL……MAKES YOU RIGHTEOUS……MAKES US PERFECT AS FROM THE BEGINING!!………the deceiver says you are unclean, a sinner most of the time, always a little short of perfect, just need to do a little more of this…..or a little more of that…..try a little harder……give a little more money…….read your Bible a little more……visit the so called church building more often……pray a little longer…..do more kind works and deeds…..then you will feel good….lies, lies, lies, and more lies…..and the religious world just eats them up! Well, I guess that's why Satan is their lord/god!……TO MY DUPED, LOVING, WELL INTENDED FRIENDS, IF SATAN IS GOD OF THIS WORLD AND YOU LIVE IN THIS WORLD YOU HAVE JUST DECLARED YOUR GOD TO BE SATAN!!!!!! IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Tim,

The Greek word is “αἰῶνος”, meaning “age”!

God bless

KangarooJack
    Participant

ftk said:

For all:  The religious world today has a greater faith in Satan than they do in Jesus. Their duped realities and distorted doctrines have created a universal picture in the hearts and minds of the religious world of Satan as a master and ruler of this world

ftk,

Right on Bro! The common picture of satan that exists in the minds of people is the result of false teachings.

Satan never was, is not now and never will be a “God” in any sense of the term.

KJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim……….I also agree with what you and KJ have said regarding Satan, I believe (Ha Satan) is simply the spirit (intellect) of an adversary it can be in anyone at times even “PETER” or us.And when it comes to being an adversary to GOD word we must Master it. This spirit is in all humans and GOD also. it is both good and can be bad also. Let me explaine what i mean.

If you decide to do something dangerous you then can have a adversarial or (opposite thought) becasue there is some kind of danger involved and it can be good in this sense becasue this adversarial or “opposite thought” just saved you life. So a Adversary can be good or it can be bad depending on the situation existing at the time. Many thing can cause this thinking as in the case of Peter he was looking out after Jesus but not realize it was GOD'S will and WORK being done, So Jesus went on and said to him he did not discern the things of GOD. But none the less Peter was a SATAN or (adversary)at that Moment of time. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 452 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account