Satan is in the lake of fire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    Tim Kraft
    Participant

Jesus came and destroyed the works of deception(the devil) The Truth/Jesus came into deceived minds and enlightened them to know and understand the union of God and man. Devils are wrong thoughts. Deceptive information. Unclear thinking. Dark muttled thinking. Then the light of God/Jesus came to show the way to God. Light obliterated the darkness. Enlightenment is understanding. When the understanding receives light one says oh, I see! Understand the dreams created by the written word. That is the Spirit of God. Painting pictures in the mind to understand the Truth. The great war of Armageddon is in the mind. God/good/light fighting darkness,deception,error. The Truth will overcome the darkness and the light of God will shine. TK

Participant

Hi thethinker:

It seems that Satan was around when Jesus commissioned the Apostle Paul:

Act 26:13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

Act 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? [it is] hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Act 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Act 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and [from] the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 22 2009,08:31)
    Hi TT,
    You got this from a gnostic source?
    It is not written as happening now

Please post my gnostic source Nick.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Only you would Gnow that.
    But what you say cannot be shown from scripture so where is it from?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Darkness/Satan will be around each individual(in their mind) until the light of God comes and dispels the darkness. Each person has their own Armageddon of the mind/heart. Each person is attempting to fill the Temple of God (you) with the light of God. We are each trying to rise up in light by eradicating darkness. Listen to Acts 26:18 above—-To open their eyes, and to turn them from deception/darkness to Jesus/light and from mistaken thinking/error/sin/Satan unto God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sin and inheritance among them which are sanctified by FAITH that is in me. God Bless all, TK

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 22 2009,10:31)
    Darkness/Satan will be around each individual(in their mind) until the light of God comes and dispels the darkness. Each person has their own Armageddon of the mind/heart. Each person is attempting to fill the Temple of God (you) with the light of God. We are each trying to rise up in light by eradicating darkness. Listen to Acts 26:18 above—-To open their eyes, and to turn them from deception/darkness to Jesus/light and from mistaken thinking/error/sin/Satan unto God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sin and inheritance among them which are sanctified by FAITH that is in me. God Bless all, TK

This is absolutely ridiculous TK, are you suggesting that Jesus cast wrong thoughts into the herd of pigs?

You people that refuse to believe in evil spirits are decieving yourselves. James said that Satan was like a roaring lion seeking whom he can destroy.

Was James wrong by calling the devil “he”?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 22 2009,09:51)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 22 2009,03:02)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 21 2009,15:33)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 20 2009,20:23)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 21 2009,08:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 21 2009,08:14)
    Hi TT,
    Are we allowed to make our our minds up and teach without support?

What scripture can you offer to show that satan is operating in the world today?

thinker

Hi thethinker:

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Careful folks, TT is going to quote John chapter 12 for the next 40-50 pages like he has done with the Temple of idols in the Halloween postings, he tosses out a verse and beats it to death think the more he quotes it the more real it becomes.

Actaully I cited several passages. You need to read the thread again. I hammered on one because of you and David avoided it.

And the statement in 1 Peter about the devil roaming about proves only that satan was operating THEN. It does not prove that he roams about today. Satan does not operate in the new covenant age.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

He was operating then, Peter was operating in the new covenant era, and he is operating now.

Please give me your understanding of the following scriptures.  Has this already been fulfilled?

Rev 20:1 ¶ And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  
    Rev 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,  

Rev 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.  
    Rev 20:4 ¶ And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  

Rev 20:5   But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.  

Rev 20:6   Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.  

Rev 20:7 ¶ And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    First, I could never accept that satan was cast out “in principle and not in fact” as Con would have us to believe. This is total nonsense!

Satan was bound when he was cursed in the garden. He was not in operation throughout the old testament period. Some try to say that he was and give Job as proof. But the Hebrew “sawtawn” in Job refers to a human accuser who brought charges against Job. The word “sawtawn” simply means “accuser.”

So satan was bound for the thousands of years of the old testament period. After the thousands of years expired Christ appeared. This is when satan was loosed. He was loosed during the “little season” between Christ's first and second advents. Then he was judged and cast into the lake of fire.

This is a summary of the chronology to which I hold. I have not yet met anyone who can disprove it and I have been on many discussion boards.

1 John 3:8 clearly says that Christ was manifested to destroy the works of the devil. Did Christ fail? Absolutely not! Con's explanation that satan was cast out “in principle and not in fact” is sheer nonsense! Nick picks on my inferences. Yet Con makes such a ludicrous inference and Nick gives him a pass.

This is all for tonight.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 22 2009,10:40)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 22 2009,09:51)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 22 2009,03:02)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 21 2009,15:33)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 20 2009,20:23)

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 21 2009,08:20)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 21 2009,08:14)
    Hi TT,
    Are we allowed to make our our minds up and teach without support?

What scripture can you offer to show that satan is operating in the world today?

thinker

Hi thethinker:

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Careful folks, TT is going to quote John chapter 12 for the next 40-50 pages like he has done with the Temple of idols in the Halloween postings, he tosses out a verse and beats it to death think the more he quotes it the more real it becomes.

Actaully I cited several passages. You need to read the thread again. I hammered on one because of you and David avoided it.

And the statement in 1 Peter about the devil roaming about proves only that satan was operating THEN. It does not prove that he roams about today. Satan does not operate in the new covenant age.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

He was operating then, Peter was operating in the new covenant era, and he is operating now.

Please give me your understanding of the following scriptures.  Has this already been fulfilled?

Rev 20:1 ¶ And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  
    Rev 20:2   And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,  

Rev 20:3   And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.  
    Rev 20:4 ¶ And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  

Rev 20:5   But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This [is] the first resurrection.  

Rev 20:6   Blessed and holy [is] he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.  

Rev 20:7 ¶ And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,
    First, I could never accept that satan was cast out “in principle and not in fact” as Con would have us to believe. This is total nonsense!

Satan was bound when he was cursed in the garden. He was not in operation throughout the old testament period. Some try to say that he was and give Job as proof. But the Hebrew “sawtawn” in Job refers to a human accuser who brought charges against Job. The word “sawtawn” simply means “accuser.”

So satan was bound for the thousands of years of the old testament period. After the thousands of years expired Christ appeared. This is when satan was loosed. He was loosed during the “little season” between Christ's first and second advents. Then he was judged and cast into the lake of fire.

This is a summary of the chronology to which I hold. I have not yet met anyone who can disprove it and I have been on many discussion boards.

1 John 3:8 clearly says that Christ was manifested to destroy the works of the devil. Did Christ fail? Absolutely not! Con's explanation that satan was cast out “in principle and not in fact” is sheer nonsense! Nick picks on my inferences. Yet Con makes such a ludicrous inference and Nick gives him a pass.

This is all for tonight.

thinker

There was no human accuser in Job if it were so the scriptures would not have said that Satan came along with the sons of God.

Also a human could not have caused these catastrophies that Job had.

Participant

Hi thethinker:

Posting the following scriptures for your consideration:

1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 3:10 ¶ In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

It seems to me that these scriptures are saying that someone is born again the works of the devil have been destroyed in that person because he was practicing sin and was therefore was a child of the devil, and now, being born again, he is obeying the Word of God, and is a child of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Jack

You say that all things has been fulfilled in 70 AD and the Lord has already come again.

How do you explain the following scriptures which obviously have not happened yet…?

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief“. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. “Since everything will be destroyed in this way“, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. “That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat“. But in keeping with his promise “we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness“. 2 Peter 3:10-13

In the NT scriptures the “Day of the Lord” is always refering to Christ coming again.

WJ

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 22 2009,12:58)
    Hi Jack

You say that all things has been fulfilled in 70 AD and the Lord has already come again.

How do you explain the following scriptures which obviously have not happened yet…?

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief“. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. “Since everything will be destroyed in this way“, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. “That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat“. But in keeping with his promise “we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness“. 2 Peter 3:10-13

In the NT scriptures the “Day of the Lord” is always refering to Christ coming again.

WJ

Yeah…TT's form of preterism has the same “second coming if Jesus/Isa” problems logically as Islam…in my opinion.

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 21 2009,08:45)
    Constitutionalist said:

The phrase driven out must refer to Satan’s loss of authority over this world. This must be in principle rather than in immediate fact, since 1 John 5:19 states that the whole world (still) lies in the power of the evil one (a reference to Satan).

TO ALL:

Note Con's double talk. He said that satan has lost his authority over this world. Then he says, “This must be in principle rather than in fact.” ???  Well, if it is not in fact then satan has not lost his authority over this world now has he? This is just a sample of the double talk you will see from Con. I have met this many times. Futurist interpreters are given to double talk in their eschatology.

And 1 John 5:19 is inconclusive. First, it literally reads “the evil.” The word “one” is not present in the original. John said that the whole world lies in the power of “the evil.” Second, the Greek word for “evil” is “πονηρῷ” and can be either masculine or neuter. If it is masculine then it could refer to satan. But there is nothing in the text that requires us to take it as a masculine noun. If it is neuter then John was saying that the whole world lies in the power of “the evil things” [of the world]. This is most likely because John had just told them to love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. I believe that John was referring to the “evil things” of the world. I believe that John was saying that the whole world lies in the power of “the evil things.”

Con first offers us double talk and then follows that with an inconclusive statement in scripture. He's going to need to do much better than this if he is going to prove that satan has authority in the new covenant age.

Does Con want truth or tradition? We'll see.

thinker

The principle is, if you are saved (truly) then you have the power to rebuke Satan. It does not mean Satan does not exist. Hense his loss of authority. If one does not rebuke him then his authority roams rampant. Not double talk.

Show me where which original does not have “one”?

1John 5:18

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one [ponēros] toucheth him not.

So far as he realizes his regeneration life, the prince of this world hath nothing in him to fasten his deadly temptations on, as in Christ's own case. His divine regeneration has severed once for all his connection with the prince of this world.

Ponēros: Evil, wicked, wicked one, evil things. From Panos.

1John 2:13; 1John 2:14; 1John 3:12;

Referring to Mat 6:13: “Although the KJV renders this 'deliver us from evil,' the presence of the article indicates not evil in general, but the evil one himself. In the context of Matthew's Gospel, such deliverance from the devil seems to be linked to Jesus' temptation in 4:1-10: Because the Spirit led him into temptation by the evil one, believers now participate in his victory” (Daniel B. Wallace, Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics, p. 233).

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 21 2009,15:38)

This is absolutely ridiculous TK, are you suggesting that Jesus cast wrong thoughts into the herd of pigs?

You people that refuse to believe in evil spirits are decieving yourselves. James said that Satan was like a roaring lion seeking whom he can destroy.

Bodhitharta, I like your thoughts.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

BD………TK may not be as far off as you think he is. You said Jesus called him a He, so was that Peter after Jesus called him satan, or was it Judas, Jesus said he was a devil. So which he was it Peter or Judas, or the Pharisees Jesus called them childern of the devil there Father.  There is no being (person) that is (THE) Devil or SATAN, Just adversarial spirit (intellect) that is in at times everyone. GOD created that nature and it was in EVE and Adam and in all man kind . The word just mean adversary and nothing else, when ever we resist or oppose GOD'S word we are acting as an adversary to him, just as Peter did to Jesus.  As far as the demonic spirits (intellects) in the man who had a legion of them in him, Jesus just simply sent them into the pigs and they began to act like the crazy man did and went running wildly into the sea, where they died.   Thoughts can be transfered from one person or being to another and if they are crazy the thing or person will act crazy. These are (NOT) beings they are thoughts or intellects or spirits. These thought can go in and out of people as Jesus said they could example, the unclean spirits that left the man and returned. These are not beings they are thoughts. Thoughts are not beings they are what is in the beings, Spirit is thought and that is intellect or mind, same thing, not some person going around jumping in and out of people. But thoughts, IMO

peace and love……………..gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 22 2009,13:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Oct. 22 2009,12:58)
    Hi Jack

WJ

Yeah…TT's form of preterism has the same “second coming if Jesus/Isa” problems logically as Islam…in my opinion.

How is that? In Islam he will return to take his actual throne, right now Jesus can only be a Prince and a Saviour as is written in Acts but on his return he will become a King and take the throne of David. This is scripture

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Oct. 22 2009,13:26)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 21 2009,15:38)

Bodhitharta, I like your thoughts.

God Bless You!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 22 2009,14:30)
    BD………TK may not be as far off as you think he is. You said Jesus called him a He, so was that Peter after Jesus called him satan, or was it Judas, Jesus said he was a devil. So which he was it Peter or Judas, or the Pharisees Jesus called them childern of the devil there Father.  There is no being (person) that is (THE) Devil or SATAN, Just adversarial spirit (intellect) that is in at times everyone. GOD created that nature and it was in EVE and Adam and in all man kind . The word just mean adversary and nothing else, when ever we resist  or oppose GOD'S word we are acting as an adversary to him, just as Peter did to Jesus.  As far as the demonic spirits (intellects) in the man who had a legion of them in him, Jesus just simply sent them into the pigs and they began to act like the crazy man did and went running wildly into the sea, where they died.   Thoughts can be transfered from one person or being to another and if they are crazy the thing or person will act crazy. These are (NOT) beings they are thoughts or intellects or spirits. These thought can go in and out of people as Jesus said they could example, the unclean spirits that left the man and returned. These are not beings they are thoughts. Thoughts are not beings they are what is in the beings, Spirit is thought and that is intellect or mind, same thing, not some person going around jumping in and out of people. But thoughts, IMO

Spirits are beings of intellect they are not beings of flesh or “persons”

These beings can be malicious or beneficial obviously if these beings were gathered in a man and begged for mercy they had a will that was separate from the man they were in and also from Jesus therefore these beings were independent beings.

Adam and Eve was obviously influenced by a being outside themselves otherwise God would not have spoke about punishing anyone other than Adam and Eve.

It is true that Devils can make a person Demonic so a person under such influence can be called “devil” as well.

Just as a person under the influence of God is called Godly and in the case of Jesus and some others people have even called them God but you won't call Jesus “God” realizing that God's nature is in him. Therefore you do realize that God is a being that a person can be under direct infuence by.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 21 2009,20:37)

BD………TK may not be as far off as you think he is. You said Jesus called him a He, so was that Peter after Jesus called him satan, or was it Judas, Jesus said he was a devil. So which he was it Peter or Judas, or the Pharisees Jesus called them childern of the devil there Father.  There is no being (person) that is (THE) Devil or SATAN, Just adversarial spirit (intellect) that is in at times everyone. GOD created that nature and it was in EVE and Adam and in all man kind . The word just mean adversary and nothing else, when ever we resist  or oppose GOD'S word we are acting as an adversary to him, just as Peter did to Jesus.  As far as the demonic spirits (intellects) in the man who had a legion of them in him, Jesus just simply sent them into the pigs and they began to act like the crazy man did and went running wildly into the sea, where they died.   Thoughts can be transfered from one person or being to another and if they are crazy the thing or person will act crazy. These are (NOT) beings they are thoughts or intellects or spirits. These thought can go in and out of people as Jesus said they could example, the unclean spirits that left the man and returned. These are not beings they are thoughts. Thoughts are not beings they are what is in the beings, Spirit is thought and that is intellect or mind, same thing, not some person going around jumping in and out of people. But thoughts, IMO

These beings can be malicious or beneficial obviously if these beings were gathered in a man and begged for mercy they had a will that was separate from the man they were in and also from Jesus therefore these beings were independent beings.

Adam and Eve was obviously influenced by a being outside themselves otherwise God would not have spoke about punishing anyone other than Adam and Eve.

It is true that Devils can make a person Demonic so a person under such influence can be called “devil” as well.

Just as a person under the influence of God is called Godly and in the case of Jesus and some others people have even called them God but you won't call Jesus “God” realizing that God's nature is in him. Therefore you do realize that God is a being that a person can be under direct infuence by.

Bod,

Is that what they call Ginns, or is Ginns something different?

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Gene:Excelllent Post! I wish I could write more clearly what I know in my heart. To me, yours was perfect. I have a more extensive writing on this subject that if I am moved to do so I will post it. God Bless you, TK

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Oct. 22 2009,15:37)

Hi Bod: In my opinion, humans are beings filled with and surrounded by(aura) spirit/energy. The energy most abundant within is predominant. Sages and Masters are just regular human beings that have spent more time contemplating and pondering the information and truth of God than most. The more light energy/God one consumes within the mind, the higher and lighter the energy field within and without. You are what you eat/partake of. In reality there is only God energy. I believe man created or at least partook of a deception,lie,untruth,illusion of evil. Until that time there was only Good/God, everywhere. Man began to feel that he was separtated or separating from God. Fear got stronger and man tried harder to make amends with God(who never left him in the first place). This is the birth of religion, mans ideas of pacifying or pleasing God to have a good life on earth. I digress! We have a war within our minds for the truth of God or a man created illusion of evil. If one partakes of enough God Truth he lives forever. If one believes enough evil, pain, sickness, disease, etc., he will surely die! If we want to live forever in heaven on earth we must kick out all forms of evil thinking, individually. No evil thinking. No sin thinking. You create in your life what you think, believe and ponder predominantly. You reap what you sow. If you sow perfection that God has made us then you will reap that here in heaven on earth. God Bless TK

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account