Satan is in the lake of fire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jesus said…….> YOU (BEING) EVIL, Know how to give gifts  to you childern, how much more will GOD give them the Spirit that ask. Jesus seem to think man (EXISTS) in a (EVIL STATE), I also agree with that , the devils and satans are evils in people and it is (not the flesh and Blood) of the person, no, it is the evil spirit  in the man that is the wickedness in high places and is also the prince of the power of the are, It is mans carnal nature the produces the evil in this world, His greed and lusts are the source of it all. “FOR (ALL) THAT IS IN THE WORLD , THE LUST OF THE FLESH, THE LUST OF THE EYES, THE PRIDE OF LIFE ARE (FROM) THE WORLD,  Not some spook going around jumping in and out of people.  MAN himself is the (EVIL) of the world, no point trying to blame it on some invisible Spirit being of some kind of Mystery religious concepts contained in the false doctrines of demons and devils and satans, that are unseen doing it all. No it is the Spirits in MEN that is the DEVILS and SATAN'S or (Adversaries) of GOD.   IMO

peace and love to all……………………gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 06 2009,16:48)
    Jesus said…….> YOU (BEING) EVIL, Know how to give gift  to you childern, how much more will GOD give them the Spirit that ask. Jesus seem to think man (EXISTS) in a (EVIL STATE), I also agree with that , the devils and satans are evils people and it is (not the flesh and Blood) of the person, no, it is the evil spirit  in the man that is the wickedness in high places and is also the prince of the power of the are, It is mans carnal nature the produces the evil on this world, His greed and lusts are the source of it all. “FOR (ALL) THAT IS IN THE WORLD , THE LUST OF THE FLESH, THE LUST OF THE EYES, THE PRIDE OF LIFE ARE (FROM) THE WORLD,  Not some spook going around jumping in and out of people.  MAN himself is the (EVIL) of the world, no point trying to blame it on some invisible Spirit being of some kind of Mystery religious concepts contained in the false doctrines of demons and devils and satans, that are unseen doing it all. No it is the Spirits in MEN that is the DEVILS and SATAN'S or (Adversaries) of GOD.   IMO

peace and love to all……………………gene

Matthew 5 (Young's Literal Translation)
    45 that ye may be sons of your Father in the heavens, because His sun He doth cause to rise on evil and good, and He doth send rain on righteous and unrighteous.

I disagree that Jesus takes the position you said if it were so he would not have said this verse above which speaks of two states some being evil and some being good.

Have you responded to my post in which I ask you to explain “familiar spirits”

When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick,
    Matthew 8:15-17 (in Context)

What does demon possessed mean here and why is it “cast out”

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,16:21)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 06 2009,15:29)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 06 2009,14:12)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 06 2009,12:47)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 04 2009,19:53)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 03 2009,14:39)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 04 2009,09:13)
    Psalms 104:1-4
    “1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; . 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire.”

In the above passage is David speaking of just one group or two groups of beings?

Ephesians 6:10-13
    “12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Do these reference apply to all angels? Here is where some confusion may arise due to the liberal use of the term angel. Psalms 104:1-4 wasn't necessarily stating that angels are strictly spiritual beings. Also, not all angels are enveloped in flaming fire. The angels in Ezekiel 1:4-14, for instance, were angels surrounded by flames of fire, but don't even come close to the human appearance of the angels that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, among others, which were usually mistaken for being male humans.

Ezekiel 1:4-14
    “4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6 And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7 And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. 8 And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9 Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. 11 Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. 12 And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. 13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.”

As for the spiritual beings mentioned in Ephesians 6:10-13, these are spiritual beings that Christian's wrestle against. This distinguishes them as either fallen angels, or demons, terms which are unique from each other. Paul mentions them specifically as not having flesh and blood. I think there could be three possible explanations for this passage of scripture.

Your perception is very keen. Very good scriptures provided

Well they do seem different.

Hi Con:

I don't believe that the Apostle Paul was indicating that these did not have flesh and blood, but that it is the spirit of wickedness that we struggle against, such as the Pharisees.

Col 2:14   Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;  
    Col 2:15   [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it

Another example of this is that spirit that wants to impose Sharia law on the whole world.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Are people SPIRITS OF WICKEDNESS?
    Hmmm

Hi Nick:

1Jo 3:10 ¶ In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
    1Jo 3:12   Not as Cain, [who] was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

And what about Hitler's works? What say ye?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 94,
    Were you less of a sinner than him before God granted you mercy?

The spirit of man is not evil.
    Just the company he entertains in his flesh house

Hi Nick:

By spirit, I am not referring to the breath of life of a man. I am speaking of that which he obeys.

Yes, I was a sinner before God granted me mercy, and so, at that time I was also of the kingdom of satan, but how dare you compare me to Hitler and what he did.

I was just referring to Hitler to give you and example of what I believe that the Apostle Paul meant by rulers of darkness. Have you never heard of the Holocaust or do you like the Iranian president deny that this happened?

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

And so is the spirit of disobedience in a man to which the foregoing verse refers evil or not?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    All have sinned.
    No sinner is greater in God's sight than any other.
    The spirit that controls the carnal men of this world is the master of the dominion of darkness.  
    Eph2 does not refer to the spirit God gave man of His breath because what God creates is very good and those spirits are of the evil one.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 07 2009,13:48)
    Hi 94,
    All have sinned.
    No sinner is greater in God's sight than any other.
    The spirit that controls the carnal men of this world is the master of the dominion of darkness.  
    Eph2 does not refer to the spirit God gave man of His breath because what God creates is very good and those spirits are of the evil one.

Hi Nick:

If that is the case, then why does the scripture state that men will be judged according to their works?

It is true that all have sinned, and virtue of this all of us were at one time in the kingdom of satan.

I gave you scripture to support what I have stated. I told you that I was not talking about the “breathe of life” and I showed you that I was speaking of the “spirit of disobedience to God” that dwells within all practicing sinners.

Why do you want to argue against scripture. Do you know better that God?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Jn3 makes plain that the only work that is necessary is obedient belief in the Son of God.
    There is no worse sin than rejection of the Spirit of God's message.

There are not various degrees of punishment of the goats in the lake of fire are there?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 07 2009,14:40)
    Hi 94,
    Jn3 makes plain that the only work that is necessary is obedient belief in the Son of God.
    There is no worse sin than rejection of the Spirit of God's message.

There are not various degrees of punishment of the goats in the lake of fire are there?

Hi Nick:

Believing is not just a mental assent. James said “even the devils believe and the tremble”.

And yes, there will be varying degrees of punishment for the goats since the scripture states:

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Are you offering the apocalpse of Peter?
    Sin is sin.

Life or the second death.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 07 2009,15:00)
    Hi 94,
    Sin is sin.

Hi Nick:

While it is true that life is life and death is death, the rewards in the case of life vary according to the works of the saved and in death there is punishment by degee according to the works of that person as they are destroyed.

Here are a couple of scriptures to support my viewpoint.

In the case of life:

1Cr 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.

1Cr 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
    1Cr 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
    1Cr 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    1Cr 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    1Cr 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    1Cr 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

In the case of death:

Luk 12:43 Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Luk 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

Luk 12:45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;

Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].

Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 06 2009,18:59)

When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick,

DB……..A familiar Spirit (intellect) is simple a Thought that seems familiar, many fortune tellers us this to give them power over their subjects. There is not such things as (Beings that are familiar Spirits).

People Possessed with demonic Spirits (intellect) were simply people whose intellects were adversely affected by their thoughts, they were what we would call today Mentally ill. They did no have a DEVIL BEING controlling them. Just mentally ill people, and GOD healed then through Jesus.  Those people were just sick people. The whole teaching of devils and demons and Satan are all just false teachings of the Mystery religions and has it origins in pagan practices and teaching about demonic possessions.  Man is the devils and Satan's when he exhibits a Adversarial Spirit (intellect).  IMO

peace and love ……………..gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 07 2009,15:16)

Hi 94,
    Sin is sin.

Hi Nick:

While it is true that life is life and death is death, the rewards in the case of life vary according to the works of the saved and in death there is punishment by degee according to the works of that person as they are destroyed.

In the case of life:

1Cr 3:9   For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.  

1Cr 3:10   According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.  
    1Cr 3:11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  
    1Cr 3:12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;  
    1Cr 3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  
    1Cr 3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  
    1Cr 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.  

In the case of death:

Luk 12:43   Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.  

Luk 12:44   Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.  

Luk 12:45   But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;  

Luk 12:46   The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.  

Luk 12:47   And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].  

Luk 12:48   But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Excellent post! I have been saying the same point and of course you will not be compared to hitler that's just silly.

According to thy works, And it also is not true that you were part of Satans kingdom before you knew the truth those who are of darkness practice evil they have evil intent, you may have never had evil intent.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 07 2009,16:06)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 06 2009,18:59)

DB……..A familiar Spirit (intellect) is simple a Thought that seems familiar, many fortune tellers us this to give them power over their subjects. There is not such things as (Beings that are familiar Spirits).

People Possessed with demonic Spirits (intellect) were simply people whose intellects were adversely affected by their thoughts, they were what we would call today Mentally ill. They did no have a DEVIL BEING controlling them. Just mentally ill people, and GOD healed then through Jesus.  Those people were just sick people. The whole teaching of devils and demons and Satan are all just false teachings of the Mystery religions and has it origins in pagan practices and teaching about demonic possessions.  Man is the devils and Satan's when he exhibits a Adversarial Spirit (intellect).  IMO

peace and love ……………..gene

So Jesus didn't know what you know? He said that fasting and prayer was necessary to cast some of these demons out are you saying Jesus instructed his disciples that Prayer and Fasting enables someone to cast out the mental illnesses of others?

Why did not Jesus tell the people “there is no demons in this man he is simply sick”?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 08 2009,06:17)

Hi 94,
    Sin is sin.

Hi Nick:

In the case of life:

1Cr 3:9   For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, [ye are] God's building.  

1Cr 3:10   According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.  
    1Cr 3:11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  
    1Cr 3:12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;  
    1Cr 3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.  
    1Cr 3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.  
    1Cr 3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.  

In the case of death:

Luk 12:43   Blessed [is] that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.  

Luk 12:44   Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.  

Luk 12:45   But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;  

Luk 12:46   The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for [him], and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.  

Luk 12:47   And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].  

Luk 12:48   But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Excellent post! I have been saying the same point and of course you will not be compared to hitler that's just silly.

According to thy works, And it also is not true that you were part of Satans kingdom before you knew the truth those who are of darkness practice evil they have evil intent, you may have never had evil intent.

Hi BD:

I was “a little devil”. Not Hitler, not of course, not, but nevertheless, I was a sinner who did not have a personal relationship with God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 08 2009,10:43)

Hi 94,
    Sin is sin.

Hi Nick:

In the case of life:

In the case of death:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

I was “a little devil”.  Not Hitler, not of course, not, but nevertheless, I was a sinner who did not have a personal relationship with God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That's interesting, I don't recall not having a relationship with God even when I doubted if God existed the relationship was still there and I have always been like that from birth.

Was there a time when you believe that God existed but rejected Him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    What evidence can you offer of a relationship with God?
    Awareness of Him does not bring us into relationship with us as He is close to all.[Acts 17]

Do you have any useful witnesses to your feelings?[1Jn5.7- a true translation]

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 08 2009,14:25)

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 08 2009,10:43)

Hi 94,
    Sin is sin.

Hi Nick:

In the case of life:

In the case of death:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

I was “a little devil”.  Not Hitler, not of course, not, but nevertheless, I was a sinner who did not have a personal relationship with God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That's interesting, I don't recall not having a relationship with God even when I doubted if God existed the relationship was still there and I have always been like that from birth.

Was there a time when you believe that God existed but rejected Him?

Hi BD:

My parents were Catholic and taught me about God, and I was married in the Assembly of God Church, and I was a member of a Southern Baptist Church before my conversion experience in February 1980. Before my conversion experience, I did not have a personal relationship with God. I guess I could say that I was an agnostic. I did not know whether or not God existed.

But in February of 1980 when my wife was going to leave me and take my son with her, I went to God in prayer, saying “Lord I don't know if you are there, but if so, I do not want to lose my family, but nevertheless, not my will by yours be done(a prayer something on this order)”. He heard me from heaven and baptized me with the Holy Spirit (You can read the rest in my personal testimony). And so, now I have a personal relationship with Him through my Lord Jesus. God is now the Father of my spirit. Now, I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is a reality and the testimony regarding His Son Jesus is true.

Jesus stated in John 3 that “except a man be born again he cannot see or enter the kingdom of God”, and he said “you must be born again. He that is flesh is flesh and he that is spirit is spirit. (This is a paraphrase) Read John 3 and also 1 John 5.

Before my conversion sex was my God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DB……..your making a demon or devil a being, when it is not it is a Spirit (intellect) mental condition effecting him . Some are worse then others . The man did have an (adversarial ) spirit in his mind but not some being of some kind as false pagan religions teach. Again because you do not KNOW what SPIRIT (means) you are caught up in the false teaching of devils and demons as all pagan religions are.
    You or no one else has ever (seen) a spirit (BEING) because there is only (ONE) SPIRIT BEING and that is GOD. You might have seen a being that has Spirit (intellect) in him. Rather good or evil or clean or unclean, but you never have seen a SPIRIT (intellect). Because you cannot see spirit or (INTELLECT). You can only see its effects produced in a body of some kind. IMO

peace to you…………….gene

terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    i read all the comments and came to the conclution that in short the bible teach us that tere was a beguining in God's creation and there will be a renual of creation but only after the cleanup and destruction of all things who interfere with God 's words(or will),this means heaven and earth,(angel beings and human beings not the planets nothing rong there)even that all phisical creation of God have been abused to the bracking point,just read the news.God is love in all is relations with human believers as always been for the good.it is man and there evil ways who are the problem,when Christ was send by God to fullfil,is words,it was the beguining of the end of the evil force and dominion including Satan the #one adversery toGod,in the year 70 it was the end of the jewish system,has for satan is power is now used to attacking the true christians becauce they are his enemis,since Jesus was put to dead ,this is explain in revelation(,dragon,women),a soon has the apostles were gone to sleep in dead the wolfs became more free to what they wanted this is the reason why so many different sects and well organist,taking leadership in the gospel but not for God 's benefit but for theyrs.this is part of the fight that true christians must overcome by reseaching the knowledge of God and of the one he has send Jesus.to aquire true knowledge it is important to understant the overall picture of God s plan and unless you read the intire bible more than onese ,also understand the actors or the figures, doing wath and why ,it is then easyer to look for when and were ,Of cause the approashe has to be whit a pure haerth .Then and only then God may open your eyes if you ask him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The thief comes to steal and destroy and despite the best efforts of men using legislation, technology and scientific knowledge the beauty and order of life is stolen and destroyed everyday, everywhere. The works of satan partially shown in Jb1-2 continue to frustrate and harass everyone and misery rules many lives. No sign of his imprisonment and disablement is yet seen and when he is thrown to earth for a short time we can expect a major escalation of evil and distress.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    You say Jesus finished the work against satan yet also say the disciples would crush satan under their feet[Rom16]
    If it had all been done why would it continue and if it continued why not is it not still continuing among the current brothers?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account