Satan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    sscott
    Participant

Was the devil a fallen angel?

Participant

Hi scott:

My understanding is that the devil is the spirit that entered into the world by Adam and Eve when they disobeyed God.

Genesis 3:1 states: “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made”.

This scripture says that the serpent was a beast that God had made, and we know that he tempted Eve and caused her to disobey God, and she gave of fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and he also ate in disobedience to God's command.

God's Judgment for the serpent was: “And the Lord God said unto the serpent, because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise shalt bruise his heel.
    (Gen. 3:14-15)

Adam became the servant of the serpent and therefore through the spirit of disobedience his seed.

We know that we do not see any serpents going around tempting any one today.  Proverbs 1:10 states: “My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.  1 John 2:15-16 states: “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.  If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world”.

This spirit described in 1 John 2:15-16 entered into the world by Adam and Eve.  “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. (Gen. 3:6)

Some try to use Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14 for scriptural basis for beliveing that the devil was a fallen angel but I don't understand these scriptures to mean that at all.  

In Ezekiel 28, God is dealing with the King of Tyrus and He says to Ezekiel, “Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, 'Thus saith the Lord God; because thou has said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is not secret that they can hide from thee: with thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou has gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures;by thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches: therefore,thus saith the Lord God; because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God; (I have quoted v1-6) Continuing with verse 11 God says, “Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, 'thus saith the Lord God; thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.  Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou was created.  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  Thou was perfect in thy wasy from the day that thou was created, till iniquity was found in thee'”.  (This is verse 11-15)   In these last verses some say that God is showing us that the devil was a fallen angel, but my understanding is that he is talking about man.  In the Garden Eden, it was Adam and Eve who were prefect but sinned.  God is also talking about the king of Tyrus (Verses 16-19 continue if you would like to read).

Isaiah 14:12-14 states: “How art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High”.  If you will read the rest of this you will see that God is talking about the King of Babylon.

Revelation 12:3 states: “And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.  And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born”.  (the last verse sounds like King Herod to me.)

Rev. 12:7-11 states:  “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before God day and night.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death”.

I believe that the above happened when Jesus rose from the dead.  John 12:31-32 states: “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me”.  The Pharisees who considered themselves to part of the kingdom of God were cast out because of unbelief.

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God”. (2 Thes. 2:3-4)

Rev. 13:8 states: “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world”.

Rev. 20:1-3 states: “And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season”.  I believe that this will happen after God has brought judgment by the seven last plagues against those who have received the mark of the beast and who are alive when Jesus comes for the church.  There won't be any one alive on the earth at this time.

Rev. 20:7-9 states: And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle; the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.   I believe that this will happen after the unsaved are raised from the dead.

Rev. 20:10 states: “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I may have given you more that you were asking sscott, but I thought while we were talking abo
    ut the devil, I would carry the topic through the end.

God Bless

sscott
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 29 2006,01:14)
    Hi scott:

My understanding is that the devil is the spirit that entered into the world by Adam and Eve when they disobeyed God.

God Bless

Thanks for the thorough reply. Do you believe he was created as an evil spirit from the beginning?

Participant

Hi sscott:

No, based on Genesis 3 the serpent was more subtil (crafty, or shrewd) than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made.  But I believe that the serpent had a free will.  I don't believe that God would make any one evil.  A spirit (evil or good) is a personality that is developed through obedience to that individuals thoughts.  I do believe that God has forseen everything from the beginning to the end. So, he knew that the serpent would tempt Eve, and that Adam and Eve would yield to the temptation.

Participant

Hi sscott:

A couple of other thoughts come to mind on this topic.  One, James 1:13 states: “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed”.  If God is responsible for creating an evil spirit to tempt Adam and Eve, then he would be a partaker to that temptation.  He allowed them to be tried, and they failed the test.

Also, if the devil were a fallen angel, why would God cast him literally out of heaven to the earth.  Don't we have enough trouble here as it is?  Jude verse 6 states: “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day”.  Based on this scripture, apparently there were angels that did sin, but if he chained them up to await judgment, it would not make sense for God to cast one of these fallen angels who would be the devil to this earth.  It would seem to me that he would have bound them all in chains.

God Bless

sscott
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 29 2006,05:09)
    Hi sscott:

A couple of other thoughts come to mind on this topic. One, James 1:13 states: “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed”. If God is responsible for creating an evil spirit to tempt Adam and Eve, then he would be a partaker to that temptation. He allowed them to be tried, and they failed the test.

Also, if the devil were a fallen angel, why would God cast him literally out of heaven to the earth. Don't we have enough trouble here as it is? Jude verse 6 states: “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day”. Based on this scripture, apparently there were angels that did sin, but if he chained them up to await judgment, it would not make sense for God to cast one of these fallen angels who would be the devil to this earth. It would seem to me that he would have bound them all in chains.

God Bless

Thanks. That's good information. So if the angels are in chains awaiting judgment then where do demons come from?

sscott
    Participant

Quote (sscott @ Dec. 29 2006,05:18)

Hi sscott:

A couple of other thoughts come to mind on this topic. One, James 1:13 states: “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed”. If God is responsible for creating an evil spirit to tempt Adam and Eve, then he would be a partaker to that temptation. He allowed them to be tried, and they failed the test.

Also, if the devil were a fallen angel, why would God cast him literally out of heaven to the earth. Don't we have enough trouble here as it is? Jude verse 6 states: “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day”. Based on this scripture, apparently there were angels that did sin, but if he chained them up to await judgment, it would not make sense for God to cast one of these fallen angels who would be the devil to this earth. It would seem to me that he would have bound them all in chains.

God Bless

Thanks. That's good information. So if the angels are in chains awaiting judgment then where do demons come from?

? ? ?

Participant

Quote (sscott @ Dec. 29 2006,05:18)

Hi sscott:

A couple of other thoughts come to mind on this topic.  One, James 1:13 states: “Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed”.  If God is responsible for creating an evil spirit to tempt Adam and Eve, then he would be a partaker to that temptation.  He allowed them to be tried, and they failed the test.

Also, if the devil were a fallen angel, why would God cast him literally out of heaven to the earth.  Don't we have enough trouble here as it is?  Jude verse 6 states: “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day”.  Based on this scripture, apparently there were angels that did sin, but if he chained them up to await judgment, it would not make sense for God to cast one of these fallen angels who would be the devil to this earth.  It would seem to me that he would have bound them all in chains.

God Bless

Thanks.  That's good information.  So if the angels are in chains awaiting judgment then where do demons come from?

Hi sscott:

I probably need more study and prayer relative to understanding the subject of demons, but my best understanding is that they evil spirits that control a person.

It is one thing to be a sinner.  It is another to be controlled by these evil spirits such as a serial killer, or a serial rapist, or a pedophile.

Another example, would be radical Islam.  James 3:19 states: “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe and they tremble”.  Those in authority in radical Islam brain wash their subjects, and by their teaching possess these individuals and cause them to believe that they serving God and are martyrs when they detonate explosives blowing themselves up and others as well.

And so, the best answer that I can give to your question about demons is that they are evil spirits that control an individual.

I'll share the following scriptures with you and perhaps we can both learn from them.  I need more study on the topic of demons.

Epesians 2:2 states: “Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience”.

Mark 3:22 the scribes talking about Jesus: “And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, he hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils”.  I looked up the definition of the word Beelzebub and it means “lord of the house”.

1 Peter 5:8 states: “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour”.

2 Co. 11:113-15 states: “For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.  And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.  Therefore it is not great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Epehesians 6:11-12 states: “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to sand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places”.

Rev. 16:13-14 states: “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.  For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty”.

I hope this helps.  By the way, I like the way that you post on this forum.  I believe that you are trying to study and learn the scriptures which is what all of us should be doing, and not just trying to convince others that we are right and they are wrong.  I have studied for 26 years+, but to say that I know everything would be arrogant.  What I try to give is my understanding, and if you can learn from that or show me that my understanding is not correct, I a teachable.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Rev 12
    “7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”

So the deceiver, the dragon, the serpent, the accuser of the brethren, the devil, Satan has many other deceivers under his command working to confuse and destroy the sons of men and prevent them from enjoying the salvation offered by God in Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Satan steals and destroys.
    Those who turn to Christ he harrasses and accuses.
    He controls the carnal men of earth and blinds them to his reality and the things of God.
    The poor have the gospel preached to them because they have not enjoyed the earthly treasures he can provide.[mt4.8-9]

Blessed are the poor

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Nick,

Who is “he” that you refer to as Satan, more specifically, what sort of person, being, creature do you understand him to be?

What exactly does he have the power to do?

Where do these powers that he has come from?

WHY does he do what he does?

Jodi Lee
    Participant

What are these “earthly treasures”, that you say this Satan of yours provides?

What specifically are the “earthly treasures” that the poor have not enjoyed?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Satan offered Jesus all manner of earthly powers and glory.[Mt4.8-9]
    He still does and many accept the offer.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………First you need to prove that a real SATAN (BEING) Apart from MAN HIMSELF, DOES EXIST. Jesus seem to think Peter was a SATAN, and JUDAS was a DEVIL, and the Pharisees were Childern of the DEVIL. All of these can be seen , But what about this elusive (BEING) No one can see jumping in and out of People. Please present scripture so we may more closely identify Him, what does this (BEING) look LIKE. Or is it Just a ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT (INTELLECT) that is IN all Carnal MEN that is the true ADVERSARY of GOD, NOT some elusive hidden BEING or Spook, going around Jumping in and out of People.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 29 2006,12:14)
    Hi scott:

Genesis 3:1 states: “Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made”.

This scripture says that the serpent was a beast that God had made, and we know that he tempted Eve and caused her to disobey God, and she gave of fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and he also ate in disobedience to God's command.

God's Judgment for the serpent was: “And the Lord God said unto the serpent, because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise shalt bruise his heel.
    (Gen. 3:14-15)

Adam became the servant of the serpent and therefore through the spirit of disobedience his seed.

We know that we do not see any serpents going around tempting any one today.  Proverbs 1:10 states: “My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.  1 John 2:15-16 states: “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.  If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world”.

This spirit described in 1 John 2:15-16 entered into the world by Adam and Eve.  “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. (Gen. 3:6)

Some try to use Ezekiel 28 and Isaiah 14 for scriptural basis for beliveing that the devil was a fallen angel but I don't understand these scriptures to mean that at all.  

In Ezekiel 28, God is dealing with the King of Tyrus and He says to Ezekiel, “Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, 'Thus saith the Lord God; because thou has said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is not secret that they can hide from thee: with thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou has gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures;by thy great wisdom and by thy traffic hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches: therefore,thus saith the Lord God; because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God; (I have quoted v1-6) Continuing with verse 11 God says, “Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, 'thus saith the Lord God; thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.  Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou was created.  Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  Thou was perfect in thy wasy from the day that thou was created, till iniquity was found in thee'”.  (This is verse 11-15)   In these last verses some say that God is showing us that the devil was a fallen angel, but my understanding is that he is talking about man.  In the Garden Eden, it was Adam and Eve who were prefect but sinned.  God is also talking about the king of Tyrus (Verses 16-19 continue if you would like to read).

Isaiah 14:12-14 states: “How art fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High”.  If you will read the rest of this you will see that God is talking about the King of Babylon.

Revelation 12:3 states: “And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.  And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born”.  (the last verse sounds like King Herod to me.)

Rev. 12:7-11 states:  “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before God day and night.  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death”.

I believe that the above happened when Jesus rose from the dead.  John 12:31-32 states: “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me”.  The Pharisees who considered themselves to part of the kingdom of God were cast out because of unbelief.

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God”. (2 Thes. 2:3-4)

Rev. 13:8 states: “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world”.

Rev. 20:1-3 states: “And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  And he laid hold on the dragon that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season”.  I believe that this will happen after God has brought judgment by the seven last plagues against those who have received the mark of the beast and who are alive when Jesus comes for the church.  There won't be any one alive on the earth at this time.

Rev. 20:7-9 states: And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of prison, and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle; the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.   I believe that this will happen after the unsaved are raised from the dead.

Rev. 20:10 states: “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fi
    re and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I may have given you more that you were asking sscott, but I thought while we were talking about the devil, I would carry the topic through the end.

God Bless

Marty

I know you like to make sense out of all of this, but how can you possibly think that these comparisons to human kings, are human kings?
    Ezekiel 28:1-10 do speak of the king of Tyre, but verses 12-15 do not. Which one of their kings would you say was “full” of wisdom, and “perfect” in beauty? Which one of their kings was in the garden of “Eden”? Which one of their kings was “created” rather then born? Was any of their kings the “anointed cherub”? Which of their kings was upon the holy mountain/throne of God? And finally, which one of their kings was “perfect in the day he was CREATED”?

Lucifer is compared to the king of Tyre, and the king of Babylon because they were so much like him, proud, arrogant, strong, and self reliant; they thought they were indestructible.
    Look at Isaiah, was there any king in Babylon that was named “Lucifer”? Was there any king that fell from heaven after he decided, that was were he was going to set up his throne, and be like God?
    You know, rejecting God's truth is equal to calling him a liar; you can not expect God to give you his Holy Spirit when you do that, and you know without his Holy Spirit you will not understand his word.

Rev. 12:3, beast simply means kingdom or government, the seven heads represent the seven empires of the Bible. The fact that Satan is pictured as the beast with seven heads shows, he is the power behind all worldly kingdoms, they are his; and yes, he has used every kingdom available to destroy God's plan, as he did use Herod when he had all the boys two years and under killed.

Rev. 12:7-11, was the cleansing of God's sanctuary in heaven, Daniel prophesied in

Dan 8:14   And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

That event took place in 1843, not that you will find records of it in any history book, it was a war fought by spirit beings.

Then you quote scriptures from 2 Thes., that is a reference to the Antichrist/the pope, who reigned from 565 till 1825, and history does tell us that during his reign he killed all who would not worship him, about 50 million people.
    And, is he not worshiped all around the world? even today.

Rev. 20:1-3 has not happened yet, Satan will be locked up for a thousand years, the thousand years of Christs reign, when he will teach all men God's way, and resurrect all that are in their graves to be taught as well.
    And yes, after the thousand years Satan will be loosed to give mankind one final test of obedience, those that follow him are destroyed forever, those that are true to God will live forever. Satan will get to see all of his attempts to destroy God's plan, go up in smoke, and then be cast into the lake of fire himself.

1Cr 15:26   The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  

Death can only be destroyed if you destroy him that causes death.

Hbr 2:14   Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

The seven last plagues have already been poured out.
    Marty, Christs church are the saints, those that gave their life for him. Don't be deceived and hope for a rapture, it wont happen.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 11 2010,16:35)
    Nick………First you need to prove that a real SATAN (BEING) Apart from MAN HIMSELF, DOES EXIST. Jesus seem to think Peter was a SATAN, and JUDAS was a DEVIL, and the Pharisees were Childern of the DEVIL. All of these can be seen , But what about this elusive (BEING) No one can see jumping in and out of People. Please present scripture so we may more closely identify Him, what does this (BEING) look LIKE. Or is it Just a ADVERSARIAL SPIRIT (INTELLECT) that is IN all Carnal MEN that is the true ADVERSARY of GOD, NOT some elusive hidden BEING or Spook, going around Jumping in and out of People.

Gene

You believe in God, do you not?
    You believe in Jesus Christ, do you not?
    When have you ever seen either one?
    Jesus called Peter, and the Pharisees Satan, because they tried to hinder him from doing God's work.
    How can you expect any one to show you what a spirit being looks like; Jesus tried to explain that to Nicodemus; he said a spirit is like the wind, like the air, so there you are, now you know what a spirit being looks like.
    Would Jesus speak of devils/demons if they did not exist?

Luk 8:27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in [any] house, but in the tombs.

Luk 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

You see, these devils recognized Jesus, ever wonder how come? because they were not always devils, they shouted for joy when Jesus created the world, Job 38:4,7.

Luk 8:29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)

Luk 8:30 And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

Luk 8:31 And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

Luk 8:32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

Luk 8:33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

Also, only Jesus could see these devils.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    If you do not believe Jesus who spoke often of these matters how do you expect us to convince you of anything?

Sit at the Master's feet before you head off teaching under your own 'inspiration'.

terraricca
    Participant

gene

satan is the adversary of God right ,now God is spirit what you think satan is ? he is also a spirit

so God are the good thoughts and satan are the bad thoughts against the thoughts of God.

he only as to corrupt a few people the rest will fallow that leader, if he could make Adam to fallow Eve

do you believe anything as change since then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The kingdom of God works by the one Spirit of God being shared in Christ with men.
    The kingdom of Satan is more vulnerable as he has to rely on his many demonic minions to rule.
    Thus Jesus exposed this weakness and wants us to keep breaking up his control over men through prayer.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account