Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    barley
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ July 11 2010,11:37)

Quote (barley @ July 11 2010,12:27)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 07 2010,15:48)
    Hi B,
    No the book of Romans was written to the saved.
    read chapter 1.

Paul in the tenth chapter was encouraging those who had been reborn of the Spirit to walk in the Spirit.
    If we have received the Spirit we must let the Spirit control our lives[gal5.25]

To teach another way into the kingdom than the doorway of Christ offered in Acts 2 and jn 10 is unwise.

You bring up a most interesting point.  One that many people have not been aware of.  That is that different books and even passages are not all addressed to the same group of peoples.  This knowledge can help us tremendously when some apparent contradictions come up.  Why does one passage say one thing and another seems to contradict it?   One reason is that one passage may have been written specifically to one group of people and the other to another group of people, or for that matter to one individual rather than another individual.  Joseph revealing the significance of the baker's dream vs. the butler's dream is one of many examples.   God told Moses to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt, he did not tell you or me.  God told Israel that a redeemer is coming,  He tells us that the redeemer came, did what was required of him on earth, and then was ascended to God's own right hand.  These are very clear and obvious examples.  There are passages that are more subtle, but important as well.

Indeed the book of Romans  was written to the saved, but it does include portions that address the needs of the unsaved.  Namely, the Judeans and Gentiles.  In Romans 9 Paul, by revelation, expresses his concerns for Israel. In verse 4 he makes it clear who he is concerned about.  In verse 24, he brings in the subject of the Gentiles.  Romans 10:1 is very telling.  “Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.   Paul is informing his brethren,  that Israel needs to be saved.  And that he prays and desires that they be saved.  Verse 2, they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. In verse 9 and 10, we are given the knowledge of the solution for Israel and the Gentiles, that is, how to get saved.  Paul continues till chapter 12 to share his heart regarding Israel and the Gentiles.  Then, of course, he begins with the saved again.  

Thanks for bringing up such an important point.

Hi Barley and Nick, if I understand right , Paul when speaking of “Isreal” is speaking of the “New Isreal” Isreal became all who followed Christ, it was no longer a nation or race. It was Jews and Gentiles, together. Believers in Christ, which is why “all Isreal will be saved”

Good question.

Israel was the name of a man, a nation, a race and without looking up every passage in the OT, maybe some other things.  

In the Epistles, Israel is used similarly.  But we must add a new meaning as you mentioned.  In Galatians 6:16, the word teaches that the old Israel had been replaced by those who believed on the name of the son of God.  This new Israel is made up of both Judeans and Gentiles who got born again.  Those who chose to believe in who Jesus Christ is and what he accomplished.   Having checked Young's concordance quickly, it seems that this verse is the only place in the NT that refers to those born again as Israel.

Israel as a nation, as a race rejected God's Messiah.  As seen in Acts, Paul first spoke to Judeans, but moved onto the Gentiles rather quickly because of the Judeans unbelief.  Although genetically of Israel,  the were not believers like Israel was.

karmarie
    Participant

I agree Barley. I could never understand when people believed otherwise (and tried to explain it).

TheodoreJ I dont understand your question? you said

SAVED FROM WHAT?

JustAskin
    Participant

Chosenone,

I see you answered many others but not mine.

Good move!

JustAskin
    Participant

Nick, your response to my post…

You lack wisdom, truly, truly, truly.

You know what? Keep posting you 'one liners'.

At least this way you are in less danger of posting any more pointless gibberish than you already do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JA,
    You boast of wisdom?

kerwin
    Participant

Jerry,

It is not an opinion as it is easily proven to anyone that is not blinded by the evil one and thus a fact. It is quite simple. Do you believe that you will stop sinning in this world if you fellow the one true message of the Anointed? If your answer is yes then you have taken one step on the path of salvation. If your answer on the other hand is no then you wandering in darkness deceived by mirages. This truth rests on who God is and who Jesus is making God the solid ground on which the church is build and Jesus the cornerstone of the foundation.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

terraricca
    Participant

CO

Eph 4:13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
    Eph 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.
    Eph 4:15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ

Pierre

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ July 13 2010,14:35)
    Chosenone,

I see you answered many others but not mine.

Good move!

JA.
    I had answered you and terraricca another thread. I'll copy it here…

Hi JA.
    You correctly discerned by the holy Spirit, brother, that Chosenone had ERRORed and presented the Correction.

It seems you and terraricca are cut from the same mold. Both of you accuse me but never show any posts of mine that you say is “scripture twisted” or “biblicaly untrue”. You are bearing “false wittness” as well.
    I think in Pauls epistles to Timothy describes you this way… “O Timothy, that which is committed to you, guard, turning aside from the profane prattlings and antipathies of falsely named “knowledge,”
    (namely, accusations about my “twisted scripture”.)

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 13 2010,15:12)
    Jerry,

It is not an opinion as it is easily proven to anyone that is not blinded by the evil one and thus a fact.  It is quite simple.  Do you believe that you will stop sinning in this world if you fellow the one true message of the Anointed?  If your answer is yes then you have taken one step on the path of salvation.  If your answer on the other hand is no then you wandering in darkness deceived by mirages.   This truth rests on who God is and who Jesus is making God the solid ground on which the church is build and Jesus the cornerstone of the foundation.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

kerwin.
    If it is “easily proven to anyone that is not blinded by the evil one and thus a fact.” Then I say PROVE IT, if it is so simple.
    My challange still stands, “SHOW ME WHERE IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS I TWISTED SCRIPTURE”.

And this challange still stands for terraricca as well, you both keep judging me, but neither of you can prove it.

In a not so nice language “PUT UP OR SHUT UP”. I'm tired of accusations that are a figment of your imagination.

Jerry.

JustAskin
    Participant

Nick,
    Yes.

JustAskin
    Participant

Chosenone,
    Yes, i called him 'Brother'.

JustAskin
    Participant

Chosenone,

The whole of what you speak is unscriptural.

The whole of the Gospel speaks against you.

Which verse out of the whole Scriptures should I pick. Is anyone worse or better than another when they are all against you.

Who agrees with one thing, consistently, with what you say. No one, 'not one'.

Do you ever truly wonder why, or just try to find the next way to refute your accusers (By the way, just because someone 'accuses' you doesn't mean you are a martyr. It is possible for your accuser to be correctly accusing you. In your case, definitely so.)

kerwin
    Participant

Jerry,

The promise I speak of is in many scriptures including Matthew 5:6 which I have previously mentioned. Paul's letter to the Romans also speaks of this righteousness that is by faith and of being set free from being a servant of sin. Jesus spoke to the Jews to instruct them and tell them that the Son of God would truly set them free from slavery to sin. In Paul's letter to the Galatians we are told that those who live accoding to the ways of the spirit of righteousness do not sin.

So it is obvious that Paul and Jesus agree on the issue but you do not. You have to believe the impossible is possible by God and when and if you do you will come to learn that man in general does speak lies just as Scripture declares and that you have been deceived. When you come to know that and call to God he will begin clearing the lies from your mind at the pace that is best for you because he loves you.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

chosenone
    Participant

JA.

The whole of what you speak is unscriptural.

Of course you won't quote of “what I speak that is unscriptural”, because you are lying, you won't show me where I said such a thing.

The whole of the Gospel speaks against you.

Again, you won't show any examples, you just rant falsehoods.

Which verse out of the whole Scriptures should I pick. Is anyone worse or better than another when they are all against you.

Just one would be fine, any one that you say “when they are all against you”.

Who agrees with one thing, consistently, with what you say. No one, 'not one'.

Just one example of “what I say” that no one agrees with, would be sufficient. JUST ONE.

It is possible for your accuser to be correctly accusing you. In your case, definitely so.)

Yes, an example of one of my posts that “correctly accuses me”, would be fine.

Now I will repeat my Challenge “SHOW ME ONE EXAMPLE, JUST ONE, OF MY POSTS THAT YOU SAY WHAT YOU ACCUSE”.

I'm sure you'll just reply with another accusation or falsehood,the same as your last bit of nonsense.

Jerry.

JustAskin
    Participant

CO,

Shall I just quote the whole lot. You have a comprehension problem which many have pointed out to you but you carry on regardless. – Oh, of course, because you didn't understand – Shucks!

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 13 2010,17:21)
    Jerry,

The promise I speak of is in many scriptures including Matthew 5:6 which I have previously mentioned.  Paul's letter to the Romans also speaks of this righteousness that is by faith and of being set free from being a servant of sin.  Jesus spoke to the Jews to instruct them and tell them that the Son of God would truly set them free from slavery to sin.  In Paul's letter to the Galatians we are told that those who live accoding to the ways of the spirit of righteousness do not sin.  

So it is obvious that Paul and Jesus agree on the issue but you do not.   You have to believe the impossible is possible by God and when and if you do you will come to learn that man in general does speak lies just as Scripture declares and that you have been deceived.  When you come to know that and call to God he will begin clearing the lies from your mind at the pace that is best for you because he loves you.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

kerwin.
    Matt.5:6 “Happy are those who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

How does this scripture say anything that you say I would disagree with? You just seem to assume you know what I believe and that it is false! Your whole arguement is based on some mythical misunderstanding I have of scripture, yet you won't show me anything I have quoted that you can truely disagree with.

Ro.15:8 For I (paul) am saying that Christ has become the Servant of the Circumcision, for the sake of the truth of God, to confirm the patriarchal promises.

Ro.15;:16 for me (Paul) to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well received, having been hallowed by holy spirit.

Col.1:24-26
    24 I am now rejoicing in my sufferings for you, and am filling up in my flesh, in His stead, the deficiencies of the afflictions of Christ, for His body, which is the ecclesia
    25 of which I became a dispenser, in accord with the administration of God, which is granted to me for you, to complete the word of God —
    26 the secret which has been concealed from the eons and from the generations, yet now was made manifest to His saints,
    Just another post to show you that Paul was commissioned to “complete the word of God”. Which some say was only the same as Jesus gospel. If it was the same, them why more to “complete” it?

I still haven't heard from you any proof you have of my “twisting scripture”???

Jerry.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ July 14 2010,09:29)
    CO,

Shall I just quote the whole lot. You have a comprehension problem which many have pointed out to you but you carry on regardless. – Oh, of course, because you didn't understand – Shucks!

JA.
    JUST ONE, JUST ONE WILL DO! You seem to have a credability problem. Can't you find “JUST ONE” example of what you say I have posted that is unbiblical?

Come on now, don't be shy, a little truth will restore some of your credability that is so much in question.

Jerry.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JA………..Post you scriptures and Show where Chosenone is Wrong if you can He has made the challenge are you unable to prove him Scripture wrong and you buddy Terraricca should Show also where Chosenone has posted wrong , Just going around accusing Him and bad mouthing Him means nothing to Him or anyone else for that matter. “Helios Corpus” Brig forth the evidence , brothers.

peace and love………………..gene

JustAskin
    Participant

CO,
    “Credability” (sic)?

Reverse tactics…. attack the attacker…neat!

What Credibility is this you are requesting me to protect.

Tell you what, CO. Find me ONE SINGLE POST IN THIS WHOLE FORUM where I have been SCRIPTURALLY WRONG… and have it validated by ONE OTHER. Please.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JA………….I haven't seen you show any Scripture Chosenone has quoted that was wrong not even (ONE). So the Challenge is still on Show what scripture He quoted is wrong if you can. Snide remarks is useless Just produce you proofs. IMO

peace and love……………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account