Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 921 through 929 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    We have never been under the Jewish Law.[Rom 2-3]
    Ypu have no authority to appoint that law to yourself or anyone else of gentile origin.
    The real sabbath now is the millenial kingdom and since six thousand years must soon have passed that seventh day is imminent[Heb4]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All…………The Sabbath (IS) a symbol or SIGN, so lets see what the “Sign” really is. Israel was told they could do all their (WORK) six days a week, but the Seventh was the Sabbath of the Lord their GOD. and they should cease from all (THEIR) works. But the question is what was that signifying and What kind of “Shadow” was it, GOD went on to say it was a sign between Him and his People, But again what did the sign represent, This sign to me was very important because it points to the way we are saved , We are saved by ceasing from (OUR) (WORKS) and Letting GOD WORK through US, we in a real sense enter into a rest and GOD begins to work in us, through His Spirit, that is why GOD was teaching those Israelites the importance of Keeping the Sabbath, it was teaching them how they were to be saved. I believe that is why in Hebrews it say there (remains) a keeping of the Sabbath unto the people (Israel) of GOD, Because the Sabbaths they were keeping was not the real Sabbath of GOD. It was a Shadow of the real thing a sign of how salvation works.  

We through Faith do enter this rest and it is not just ONE Day but every DAY in fact it is for ever, So the shadow has become a reality for Us that believe and Have His Spirit at work in US, we don't need to look to particular 24 HR Day for this, But every day , and if GOD is working through you it is no longer you who are working But GOD, doing (HIS) Will, “that God may be all and in you all. I am not saying keeping the sabbath as a special time is bad but a good thing, specially if you are teaching it's true meaning regarding salvation. The Jews greatly enjoy their Sabbaths and we can too, as long as we don't lose site of what it truly pictures, It's a great gift From GOD to us to learn about salvation. I wish all the World were keeping the Sabbath and rejoicing in the salvation of our Great GOD.  IMO

peace and love to you all………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Good points G,
    Not by might nor by power but by the Spirit.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Amen

peace and love to you and yours…………….gene

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 19 2007,14:53)
    Thought I'd start this thread. It seems every every thread lately turns to this subject so we need to redirect those ideas to this thread rather than high-jacking other threads.

So start you revealing you thoughts, along with scriptural references, on when and how the Sabbath should be observed.

The Sabbath is the 7th day of the week starting Friday night sundown to Saturday night sundown (actually 18 minutes before sunset is when it starts).

How to keep the Sabbath, there are 39 activities that are prohibited, working is prohibited and there are candle lighting, 3 meals and prayers that are to be done. That is the basic in a nut shell,.

Proclaimer
    Participant

There is no scriptural support for the transfer of Sabbath to Sunday according to this speaker.

HATE TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO…"

HATE TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO…"

Posted by Attila Kakarott on Friday, 6 March 2015

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The Law was only given to the Jews.

Those outside the Law will perish outside the Law,

unless they are reborn into the one who is the Lord of the Sabbath

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Anyone who thinks that God desires to be worshipped and served once a week in a form similar to the Jews is deceived.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

anyone that believe that we can worship God only one day of the week never mind which one is not a christian

Christ came and taught us to be a follower of the truth of God for the rest of our lives ,we have to live a 24/7 Sabbath meaning totally devoted to God and his son ,

Mt 22:37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

and Jesus added one more ;Mt 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Pay attention Jesus says that the second one is like the first one ;

now Jesus did not mention only on weekends ,nor any day BUT ALL AND EVERY DAY AND NIGHT

Viewing 9 posts - 921 through 929 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account