Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 20 2007,15:31)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,15:11)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 20 2007,15:07)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,13:41)
    You don't want to know the true Sabbath you want to argue to keep your sabbath.

This is what is sad, Ken – I don't even keep a Sabbath right now.  Not because, as you say, I want to keep my own day or keep it in my own way……I don't know when or how to keep the Sabbath!  I am TRYING to learn about the true Sabbath.  If you would actually read my posts, you would see that.

Instead of trying to answer my questions and challenges, you are accusing God's children and judging another man's heart.  You're not even listening to me.

Read my posts everywhere……you will see I am trying to figure this whole thing out.

Why would I want to “argue to keep my Sabbath” when I am only learning what this means?  Good grief.

How can you hear when all you want to do is argue.  You have to take a first step then worry about HOW to keep the Sabbath.

Would you be doing anything wrong by keeping the seventh day of God?

Arguing beliefs versus challenging beliefs – there is a difference.

No matter.  I will learn about the Sabbath from someone else.  I will study on my own and depend on the Spirit.

Thanks anyway, Ken.  God bless you and yours.

The video did it Huh Sis?

GOOD!

IHN&L,

Ken

michaels
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 20 2007,23:35)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 19 2007,22:04)
    I follow the Spirit.  When i was riding the motorcycle I was lead too.  Riding in the country is getting out of the cement jungle seeing and smelling God's creation on the day He created to fellowship with him.

You couldn't view His creation on another day of the week?

If that were the case (and I don't know one way or another) then why did the Pharisees accuse them of breaking the Sabbath.

They were hungry and needed to preserve their strength so that they could serve the Master. Therefore, by eating, they were able to continue to minister.

Why did Jesus delebertly heal the cripple on the Sabbath.  Why did Jesus say the the Sabbath was for man and it was good to do good on the Sabbath.

Healing was a selfless act. Riding your motorycle helped no one but yourself. Not selfless.

It was GOOD for me to get out and take a ride…get out the house and in “God's” country.

Good for you, or good for God? How was it good for God?

BTW I have never been lead to do that again, YET :D

I don't work on the Sabbath!  Riding that bike on that PARTICULAR Sabbath was not work.  But of course If “I” would have decided to go for a ride without being lead too then I would have been breaking the Sabbath according to the Spirit.

I cannot find it right now because we don't have a good search function on this forum, but I do recall you speaking of a time you told your supervisor you would work on the Sabbath. You said your statement to him was that your “ox was in the ditch”.

you soud like the pharacies accuseing jesus ,yet you are right .it depends on what was in kens heart on these days,if it was selfwill or GODswill,me dont believe its right to work for money on the sabath,yet me have,this makes me a hipacrite,if me worked ,and told you not to! yet me dont work any more,so now me can say,dont work for money,or earthly things on the sabath,but rest unto the LORD in love,and me is fully justified,for me have put the old things behind me,to walk in GOD's love.how do you know ken has not put these things behind him,or is there nothing to put behind him,for if his actions were in love they might be justified by GOD.if he was truly following GOD's spirit.

michaels
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 20 2007,23:46)
    Good advice, Michaels – thank you!

However, we all learn from one another.  If you feel you have nothing to learn, I believe this too is sad.  Some are given the gift of teaching.  Do the teachers have no one to instruct?

I guess I am slower to learn than most and need some instruction as well as leaning on my heavenly Father.  Thanks for understanding and having patience with those who are of the weaker faith! :;):

me have plenty to learn, for compaired to GOD me know nothing, yet he is my only teacher, for he is the TRUTH.we are not to look to men ,but only GOD,and why would you think you are slower,and of a weaker faith,?have faith in GOD and he will show you all things,for he is more real than any of the words in that book we call the bible,many have made this book thier god,we truely need to look to him for all things.there is no weaker or greater, faster or slower in GOD we are all brothers and sisters,and GOD loves you,and me love you to,may he lead you into all TRUTH.

kejonn
    Participant

Michaels,
    It is always good to put our sins behinds us. God puts them into the sea of forgetfulness. But we must also remember that we all still do sin. Therefore, let us be slow to judge others while they are learning. Encourage and not accuse. As you said, the Pharisees accused. I never once saw them encourage.

What some people on here have failed to see is that if you put yourself under the Law, you end up becoming like those Pharisees. You start judging others for not keeping the Commandments as you do. Was that not the same as the Pharisees did of Yahshua? They thought they had it down pat, but they did not understand the heart of the Law, only how to supposedly carry it out.

Jas 4:10  Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
    Jas 4:11  Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.
    Jas 4:12  There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

The largest reason I have participated in the Sabbath discussions is that saw that some people were acting righteous because they felt they were obeying the Forth Commandment properly while stating others were not. That would be fine, but then I started seeing accusations that those who did not obey a certain way were less spiritual than those who thought they had it right. I have never liked it when others thought they have the market on righteousness.

Mat 6:1  “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

You can encourage others towards what you feel God has led you to, but do so in the spirit of love. If you start being a spiritual bigot, you become a stumbling block.

michaels
    Participant

did not jesus teach we are all to be servants,is one servant above another,when we are all to serve each other,and GOD ! NO,we are all under GOD.and GOD is our teacher.jesus never taught these things ,to have many teachers,or to learn from men,but only to look to the father,and then he even said he would send us the spirit of TRUTH to teach us all things.may the spirit of TRUTH lead you into all TRUTH!!!!!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,07:31)
    People get upset when I say you are following the Harlot.  Well if you are breaking one of His commandments that the NEW Testament clearly says we should keep.  Then who are you following….GOD?

Kenrch…..>1John 1:8 if we say we have no sin, we decieve (OURSELVES) and the (TRUTH) is (NOT) in us. I would be a little more carefull before accusing other if i were you. It plainly say's that sin is the transgression of the Law. So i gess you have that problem also.

not3in1, was just trying to get her understanding of the sabbath day and expressing her thoughts on things thats all. I have been keeping the sabbath problerly way before you or Macheal have.

Jesus said the sabbath was made (FOR) man and your turning it around to Man's made for the sabbath. Jesus also said He was (ALSO) like a man is , lord of the sabbath too, another words he just like us is lord of the sabbath. That means we can keep as we see fit. Once we see the sabbath as a day of blessings and that God put a special blessing in it. We can truly keep it in a right way. Please try to be less critical of people who don't see things exactly like you do.
    calm down bro,…….gene

michaels
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 21 2007,00:29)
    Michaels,
    It is always good to put our sins behinds us. God puts them into the sea of forgetfulness. But we must also remember that we all still do sin. Therefore, let us be slow to judge others while they are learning. Encourage and not accuse. As you said, the Pharisees accused. I never once saw them encourage.

What some people on here have failed to see is that if you put yourself under the Law, you end up becoming like those Pharisees. You start judging others for not keeping the Commandments as you do. Was that not the same as the Pharisees did of Yahshua? They thought they had it down pat, but they did not understand the heart of the Law, only how to supposedly carry it out.

Jas 4:11  Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it.
    Jas 4:12  There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

The largest reason I have participated in the Sabbath discussions is that saw that some people were acting righteous because they felt they were obeying the Forth Commandment properly while stating others were not. That would be fine, but then I started seeing accusations that those who did not obey a certain way were less spiritual than those who thought they had it right. I have never liked it when others thought they have the market on righteousness.

Mat 6:1  “Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

You can encourage others towards what you feel God has led you to, but do so in the spirit of love. If you start being a spiritual bigot, you become a stumbling block.

thanks me agree with everything you said, yet there is also a time of repentance,jesus is the true judge for he can see our hearts.we still need to speak the TRUTH for many are ignorant of the law,and if we dont tell them ,then truely we dont love them,for we dont care if they burn in hell,and in this case we will also ware a millstone for letting the blind remain blind.

michaels
    Participant

on the sabath your neighbor nocks on your door and says can you help me my house is on fire!!!,do you tell him ,well me can help you tomarrow . he says my kids are in there!!! do you say,well we will pray for them to get out, when the sabath is not kept in love its not kept at all!!!!

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 20 2007,16:29)
    Michaels,

Still got that chip on your shoulder huh?

All I'm saying is that we follow the Spirit on the Sabbath as well as the other days. Is that wrong?

But follow the scripture!

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

You and others could not be more wrong about me. If you want you can PLEASE take over this message and give the TRUTH and see what happens.

Any time you have to share what Satan does not like then you will meet opposition. Wow! he must really hate this message. :D

Did you see the video Deb found on YouTube check it out. As I said I seek NO glory! It's on the other Sabbath thread :laugh:

But you also should take a first step in keeping the Sabbath before you judge. You don't keep the Sabbath do you?

Then before you judge shouldn't you know something about keeping the Lord's day.

Shame on you kejonn I thought all your hate was behind you. I guess N31 stirred you up again.

KEN :(

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,16:50)
    I guess N31 stirred you up again.

Oh, that was real loving – thanks for that Ken.

Good grief :D

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 20 2007,16:38)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,07:31)
    People get upset when I say you are following the Harlot.  Well if you are breaking one of His commandments that the NEW Testament clearly says we should keep.  Then who are you following….GOD?

Kenrch…..>1John 1:8  if we say we have no sin, we decieve (OURSELVES) and the (TRUTH) is (NOT) in us. I would be a little more carefull before accusing other if i were you. It plainly say's that sin is the transgression of the Law. So i gess you have that problem also.

not3in1, was just trying to get her understanding of the sabbath day and expressing her thoughts on things thats all. I have been keeping the sabbath problerly way before you or Macheal have.

Jesus said the sabbath was made (FOR) man and your turning it around to Man's made for the sabbath. Jesus also said He was (ALSO) like a man is ,  lord of the sabbath too, another words he just like us is lord of the sabbath. That means we can keep as we see fit. Once we see the sabbath as a day of blessings and that God put a special blessing in it. We can truly keep it in a right way. Please try to be less critical of people who don't see things exactly like you do.
    calm down bro,…….gene

What way is that Gene? The way of the Spirit. That's N31's arguement. I keep the Sabbath according to the Spirit she can't understand that can you? If I can get you to the water is all I want. It will be up to you guys to drink.

nevermind if i use a cup or a glass to hold the water as long as I drink. That's the way I see it! If one is lead by the Spirit to keep the Sabbath according to the letter then so be it. I'm sure there would be GOOD reason for that.

I have been wondering where you have been? Being such a long time Sabbath keeper and all.

Now are you saying I'm keeping the Sabbath wrong? Or are you just defending poor little Mandy Ha!

Mandy was judging without knowing anything about the Sabbath as is kejonn.

And now you're sucked up in it huh BRO!

I have been keeping the sabbath problerly way before you or Macheal have.

Why don't you share with us what is the proper way to keep the Sabbath i'm sure N31 would like to know.

Take it easy BRO.

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 19 2007,23:50)

What chip?

All I'm saying is that we follow the Spirit on the Sabbath as well as the other days. Is that wrong?

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

You and others could not be more wrong about me. If you want you can PLEASE take over this message and give the TRUTH and see what happens.

Huh? What message? This is a forum thread where we speak of the Sabbath.

Any time you have to share what Satan does not like then you will meet opposition. Wow! he must really hate this message. :D

True. But I don't think the opposition came because of the truth, but rather the way the truth was delivered.

Did you see the video Deb found on YouTube check it out. As I said I seek NO glory! It's on the other Sabbath thread :laugh:

Not yet. I have no issue with the Sabbath on Saturday.

But you also should take a first step in keeping the Sabbath before you judge. You don't keep the Sabbath do you?

I have not in the past, but I did this week, and my plans are to do so from here on out. But I do not do so to please anyone but God.

Then before you judge shouldn't you know something about keeping the Lord's day.

Au contraire. You have been the one who has been judging my friend. Ask the many people you have been judging. I only questioned your actions because you want to judge the way they chose to observe.

Therein lies the issues with the Law and man. The Law is perfect, but man is not. When men try to become righteous in it rather than rely on God's grace to obey it, they then turn and try to judge others by it. It is because they have missed Yahsua's message.

Shame on you kejonn I thought all your hate was behind you. I guess N31 stirred you up again.

Hate? What hate? Show me hate, my friend. I have asked for your forgiveness on several occasions and tried to clarify why I conversed with you on this matter, but you have failed to acknowledge such apologies every time. I have absolutely nothing against you as a person, but I do dislike the way you speak towards others who are trying to learn. You don't encourage them, you tell them they are wrong. You tell them they are less spiritual than you, that they do not have fellowship with God. Do you know their relationship with God? No, but that does not stop you from saying the things you say to those who have not come to the same understanding of the Sabbath that you have.

I will pray for you Ken, that you find true patience and long-suffering. That you encourage rather than condemn. That you actually exhibit the love you often close your posts out with.

kenrch
    Participant

Jesus said the sabbath was made (FOR) man and your turning it around to Man's made for the sabbath.

Forgive me but have you been reading my posts?

Where did I suggest that man was made for the Sabbath?

If anything I have been judged because I've said to follow what the Spirit says about the Sabbath and NOT the letter of the Old Testament Law.

Everyone seems to think you have to be in bondage if you keep the Sabbath. Of course this is the teachings NOT of the Harlot, the Harlot has her own sabbath but of her Daughters.

Gene since you know how to keep the Sabbath and you have been keeping it LONG before anyone else, won't you please teach us about the Sabbath. I'll just sit back and wait to take my pot shots. Sure looks like fun! Ha! :p

:laugh:

Not3in1
    Participant

Ken,
    You're in my prayers.
    May I encourage you to start a-new tomorrow.
    Give the message God has given you to share, but do it with joy and kindness.

Goodnight,
    Mandy

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 20 2007,17:16)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 19 2007,23:50)

What chip?

All I'm saying is that we follow the Spirit on the Sabbath as well as the other days.  Is that wrong?

1Jo 2:27  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

You and others could not be more wrong about me.  If you want you can PLEASE take over this message and give the TRUTH and see what happens.

Huh? What message? This is a forum thread where we speak of the Sabbath.

Any time you have to share what Satan does not like then you will meet opposition.  Wow! he must really hate this message.  

True. But I don't think the opposition came because of the truth, but rather the way the truth was delivered.

Did you see the video Deb found on YouTube check it out.  As I said I seek NO glory!  It's on the other Sabbath thread  

Not yet. I have no issue with the Sabbath on Saturday.

But you also should take a first step in keeping the Sabbath before you judge.  You don't keep the Sabbath do you?

I have not in the past, but I did this week, and my plans are to do so from here on out. But I do not do so to please anyone but God.

Au contraire. You have been the one who has been judging my friend. Ask the many people you have been judging. I only questioned your actions because you want to judge the way they chose to observe.

Therein lies the issues with the Law and man. The Law is perfect, but man is not. When men try to become righteous in it rather than rely on God's grace to obey it, they then turn and try to judge others by it. It is because they have missed Yahsua's message.

Shame on you kejonn I thought all your hate was behind you.  I guess N31 stirred you up again.

Hate? What hate? Show me hate, my friend. I have asked for your forgiveness on several occasions and tried to clarify why I conversed with you on this matter, but you have failed to acknowledge such apologies every time. I have absolutely nothing against you as a person, but I do dislike the way you speak towards others who are trying to learn. You don't encourage them, you tell them they are wrong. You tell them they are less spiritual than you, that they do not have fellowship with God. Do you know their relationship with God? No, but that does not stop you from saying the things you say to those who have not come to the same understanding of the Sabbath that you have.

I will pray for you Ken, that you find true patience and long-suffering. That you encourage rather than condemn. That you actually exhibit the love you often close your posts out with.

You kept the Sabbath!  Alright!  That's one! And for the right reason alright!

You apologized then called me a liar :laugh:   Gees  :laugh: that's a good apology :laugh:

You are funny kejonn :laugh:

I have not heard any other apology.

Whatever that's in the past as this is .

kenrch
    Participant

But don't worry kejonn Gene is going to teach us, I pray OR may be you now that you keep the Sabbath.

I'm waiting to be relieved :)

IN HIS NAME & LOVE,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,00:37)
    You kept the Sabbath! Alright! That's one! And for the right reason alright!

You apologized then called me a liar :laugh: Gees :laugh: that's a good apology :laugh:

I apologized and you never acknowledged. I asked you to show where I called you a liar. You could not answer. I asked why you said it was OK for you to work on the Sabbath and then justify it by saying your “ox was in the ditch”. All of these, completely glossed over. How convenient.

I wish it was funny. Instead, it is just disappointing and sad.

Oh, you mean the PM I sent you? The one that went unanswered? Several days ago before you again started talking poorly of those who did not keep the Sabbath in the same way as you? The one in which I encouraged you to study Yahshua's life so that you could be more like him in your approach to others? Just another convenient message to ignore I suppose.

I have two passages, just for you, and please pay heed to them. Or you can continue to ignore, the choice is yours.

Mat 7:1 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
    Mat 7:2 “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
    ————————————————-
    Rom 14:1 Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
    Rom 14:2 One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.
    Rom 14:3 The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.
    Rom 14:4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    Rom 14:5 One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
    Rom 14:6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.
    Rom 14:7 For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;
    Rom 14:8 for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
    Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
    Rom 14:10 But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
    Rom 14:11 For it is written, “AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD.”
    Rom 14:12 So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
    Rom 14:13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this–not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.
    Rom 14:14 I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
    Rom 14:15 For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.
    Rom 14:16 Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil;
    Rom 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
    Rom 14:18 For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
    Rom 14:19 So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.
    Rom 14:20 Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats and gives offense.
    Rom 14:21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles.
    Rom 14:22 The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
    Rom 14:23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

I encourage you to step back and perhaps away from this discussion. You have caught yourself up in proving you are more righteous in the manner in which you keep the Sabbath that people are quickly losing respect for you. I know you do not desire our respect, but it appears you have stopped representing God and have been representing Ken. I will not cast any crowns at the throne of Ken one day.

charity
    Participant

:) Amen Kejonn

grace is to approch the throne; mercy is leave free of charge

May all recover from the bad day at the office

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 20 2007,22:15)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 20 2007,00:37)
    You kept the Sabbath!  Alright!  That's one! And for the right reason alright!

You apologized then called me a liar :laugh:   Gees  :laugh: that's a good apology :laugh:

I apologized and you never acknowledged. I asked you to show where I called you a liar. You could not answer.  I asked why you said it was OK for you to work on the Sabbath and then justify it by saying your “ox was in the ditch”. All of these, completely glossed over. How convenient.

I wish it was funny. Instead, it is just disappointing and sad.

Oh, you mean the PM I sent you? The one that went unanswered? Several days ago before you again started talking poorly of those who did not keep the Sabbath in the same way as you? The one in which I encouraged you to study Yahshua's life so that you could be more like him in your approach to others? Just another convenient message to ignore I suppose.

I have two passages, just for you, and please pay heed to them. Or you can continue to ignore, the choice is yours.

Mat 7:1  “Do not judge so that you will not be judged.
    Mat 7:2  “For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
    ————————————————-
    Rom 14:1  Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions.
    Rom 14:2  One person has faith that he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats vegetables only.
    Rom 14:3  The one who eats is not to regard with contempt the one who does not eat, and the one who does not eat is not to judge the one who eats, for God has accepted him.
    Rom 14:4  Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    Rom 14:5  One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
    Rom 14:6  He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God.
    Rom 14:7  For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;
    Rom 14:8  for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
    Rom 14:9  For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
    Rom 14:10  But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
    Rom 14:11  For it is written, “AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD.”
    Rom 14:12  So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
    Rom 14:13  Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this–not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.
    Rom 14:14  I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
    Rom 14:15  For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.
    Rom 14:16  Therefore do not let what is for you a good thing be spoken of as evil;
    Rom 14:17  for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
    Rom 14:18  For he who in this way serves Christ is acceptable to God and approved by men.
    Rom 14:19  So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another.
    Rom 14:20  Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats and gives offense.
    Rom 14:21  It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles.
    Rom 14:22  The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves.
    Rom 14:23  But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

I encourage you to step back and perhaps away from this discussion. You have caught yourself up in proving you are more righteous in the manner in which you keep the Sabbath that people are quickly losing respect for you. I know you do not desire our respect, but it appears you have stopped representing God and have been representing Ken. I will not cast any crowns at the throne of Ken one day.

I apologized and you never acknowledged. I asked you to show where I called you a liar. You could not answer. I asked why you said it was OK for you to work on the Sabbath and then justify it by saying your “ox was in the ditch”. All of these, completely glossed over. How convenient.

I asked you to show where I called you a liar.

Ken,

Because I truly do not want to have hard feelings between us, I will break my words above and say some more. First of all, you are wrong about my apology coming after what you wrote. That is very dishonest of you to say so.
    Here are the times, and you can go back and look for yourself (the times listed may not match your time zone but they do show the apology preceded your next post).

kenrch
    Participant

Kejonn is this what you are talking about “my ox in  the ditch”.

It in the covenant thread page 17 at 13:14:

When I was working and keeping the Sabbath I always refuse overtime and explained why.  One day the supervisor came and said I no I wasting my time but do you want to work tomorrow (Sat.) I said yes  WHAT!  Have you lost your way?  I said no I could use the money, my ox is in the ditch .:D

So what's your problem with this kejonn?

Please tell me?

I needed the money to live.  Is there a difference in that and pulling your ox out the ditch.  Even my heathen boss understood that!

But please teach me why this was wrong!

You teach kejonn! :D

You speak of love but you judge as others do when you don't know what you are talking about!

Get the log out of your eye kejonn!

I've really had enough!

Ken

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account