Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 09 2007,06:58)
    People do know in a soft still voice that there is supposed to be a Sabbath. Most folks however, are under the traditions of men, and far from the truth of the matter.

I believe this is true.

kejonn
    Participant

Hey folks,

I saw someone bring out a VERY important passage related to the sabbath, and it is quite peculiar that the other 9 commandments did not have an explanation of why they are observed attached to them. Here it is:

Deu 5:15 'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Since Gentiles are not children of Israel, our people and nation were not delivered out of the land of Egypt. In fact, Jews do not like it when Gentiles observe the sabbath as they feel it is a special day for the children of Israel.

I find this of interest and a new item to discuss.

Not3in1
    Participant

KJ,
    I've heard that the Sabbath still applies to us Gentiles because we have been grafted in to Israel?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 09 2007,17:29)
    In fact, Jews do not like it when Gentiles observe the sabbath as they feel it is a special day for the children of Israel.

Interesting point.

Read Acts 13:38-52

vs 44,45
    “…..On the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered to hear the word of the Lord. When the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and talked against Paul….”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 09 2007,06:38)
    Not3,
    Mal 3:6  For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Y'shua was not under the Torah. He IS the Torah. How can one be under Himself? Y'shua was filled with the Spirit of the Father. He obed the Torah because His works were to show the Torah was Him. Please study Matthew chapter 5. You will see that those who do not believe the Torah that Moses wrote of, do not know the Messiah and therefore do not know the Father either.

Scripture clearly states that to love Elohim, is to keep His commandments and His commandments are not grevious. In other words, the commandments are not a heavy yoke, but light.

2Jn1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1Jn5:2 By this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love Elohim, and keep His commandments.

By this Word we see that to keep the commandmets is to love Elohim and our fellow man, take some time to think about this.  It makes perfect sense.  The first four commandments tell us how to love our Creator, the last 6 tell us how to love our fellow man.  So you see that Y'shua kept the commandments becaus of love for his father.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.  

Before faith came, we were condemned to death because we were unaware. Now we know the commands, our sin is revealed and we repent. Before this we did not know what our sins were because we were of the world, and didn't have the Word. Thanks be to our Master Y'shua Messia, we have an example as how we are to live. He kept the commands out of love for His Father and so we shall.
    Laurel and Lawrence my son

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for this. I have been studying some tonight on this.

Stupid question coming….ready? OK, I've been hearing a lot about the 10 Commandments, and I've been reading a lot about the “Law”; are they the same thing?

I understand there was a sacrificial law that was fulfilled when Jesus gave his life. We no longer have to give animals for our sin. Is this the “law” that Romans and Galations is saying we are “no longer under”? I always thought that the law spoken of in the NT meant that we are no longer under the Commandments because that was the covenant given that the children broke.

I'm getting closer and closer to having the light bulb go on over my head and heart. Thank you for your patience in explaining this.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 09 2007,00:56)
    KJ,
    I've heard that the Sabbath still applies to us Gentiles because we have been grafted in to Israel?

Rom 11:17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

Are we grafted into Israel? It appears that Israel is among the branches of which Abraham was the root. It was to Abraham that this promise was made:

Gen 22:18 “In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.”

So then, are we grafted into Israel, or grafted into the tree of Abraham? Would Israel not be the tree itself, and not just branches?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 09 2007,16:05)
    Ken,

After I had posted that the commandments were written on our hearts, you seem to want to say that the fourth commandment is not written on our hearts.  This seems like a strange teaching to me.  The reason I say this is because I see no where in scripture where I might be led to embrace this idea.  In fact, I read the opposite.  I read that God has written his “law(s)” on our hearts!  To me, because there were no written exclusions, this means ALL of the laws that he wants us to keep.  Unless you are able to produce scripture that says what you are teaching, I will assume it is a personal belief of yours.

Hebrews 8:10
    This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord.
    I will put my law*s* in their minds
    and I will write them on their hearts.

There is no distinction between the laws, only that God will write them on our minds and hearts.  It would seem that your teaching is a bit erroneous?

Ok :)

All I know is that the Sabbath “was” not written on my heart like the other nine. If the Sabbath is written on your heart then that's “wonderful”! Then I'm sure you will keep the forth commandment as you keep the other nine as I do because the Sabbath is “Now” written on my heart :)

God bless

Ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hey folks,

I saw someone bring out a VERY important passage related to the sabbath, and it is quite peculiar that the other 9 commandments did not have an explanation of why they are observed attached to them. Here it is:

Deu 5:15  'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Since Gentiles are not children of Israel, our people and nation were not delivered out of the land of Egypt. In fact, Jews do not like it when Gentiles observe the sabbath as they feel it is a special day for the children of Israel.

Kejonn…….> Jesus said the sabbath was made for (man), this implies a general sense, not a specific group sense. I believe the sabbath is for a spritual purpose, or it would not have been in the original ten commandments. But i do believe once we became Yoked with God we do enter into a true rest also, which has nothing to do with any day. I think the sabbath is a picture of that rest, and is spritual in principle thats why it's in the commandments, we must some day inter into that rest and cease from our works and be enjoined into the work of God. The scriptures seam to suggests that the only work that will remain is The Fathers work along. He says Behold (I) create all things New, a new heaven and a new earth. But notice he says (I) Create. I think a time will come when all the works of man will be burned up so that nothing is left of the works of man, then God Alone will recreate everything just as he did before. In this way God is all and in all. Remember Jesus said he could do nothing by his self. If were involved in God's work then its God's work not ours, so He gets the glory what He does. But in order for that to happen we must cease from our works, this is the symbol of the sabbath it's a sign of ceassing from our works, and carries a spritual infurance to it…….peace to all…..gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 10 2007,00:31)
    Would Israel not be the tree itself, and not just branches?

God is the root of everything. Jesus is the vine while we are the branches.

I'll have to take a look at your post in greater detail later today. Right now I'm just checking in real quick……back to painting.

Participant

Hey folks,

Deu 5:15  'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Hi KJ:

Although we as born again believers were not literally delivered from Egypt and bondage to Pharaoh, this is symbolic of our deliverance from slavery to sin.

God Bless

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 09 2007,13:45)

Hey folks,

Deu 5:15 'You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Hi KJ:

Although we as born again believers were not literally delivered from Egypt and bondage to Pharaoh, this is symbolic of our deliverance from slavery to sin.

God Bless

The only issue here is that under the Egyptians, the Israelites were slaves who worked 7 days a week. That was the purpose of the Sabbath, to provide a days rest from the labor they were under. The purpose is rest from labor and time dedicated to God. That is why the restriction of sunset Friday to sunset Saturday for all people may not be what God intended, but what the Israelites observed.

Just a thought, not saying this is the exact truth.

IM4Truth
    Participant

What is so amazing to me, that all of you can go and on about keeping the Sabbath, but none ever considers what Jesus has told us to do. Nobody has ever looked on what all the Covenants tell us!
    What the GREATEST COMMANDMENTS OF ALL is!!!!
    What Jesus teaches us on the Sermon on the Mount!!!!!
    And what a christian should and should not be doing!!!!
    JUST REMEMBER THAT WHATEVER JESUS SAID, THE FATHER SAID.
    AND HE HAS GIVEN US NEW COMMANDMENTS TO KEEP.

I have asked myself over and over again are we still under the obligation of the O.T.? Right now I believe not.
    KEYONN YOU ARE SEING SOMETHING, YOU MIGHT FOLLOW THAT AND DO A STUDY ON ALL THE COVENATS.

Peace and Love Mrs.:) :)

Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 10 2007,06:50)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 09 2007,13:45)

Hey folks,

Hi KJ:

God Bless

The only issue here is that under the Egyptians, the Israelites were slaves who worked 7 days a week. That was the purpose of the Sabbath, to provide a days rest from the labor they were under. The purpose is rest from labor and time dedicated to God. That is why the restriction of sunset Friday to sunset Saturday for all people may not be what God intended, but what the Israelites observed.

Just a thought, not saying this is the exact truth.

Yes KJ:

I agree with you, and so the way that I see this, is that it is not the specific day that is important here but the principle of resting from their labor after six consequtive days. It is setting aside this day for rest and for a sacred assembly.
    God wanted his people to have a day for rest and for fellowship.

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 10 2007,08:49)
    What is so amazing to me, that all of you can go and on about keeping the Sabbath, but none ever considers what Jesus has told us to do. Nobody has ever looked on what all the Covenants tell us!

I have asked myself over and over again are we still under the obligation of the O.T.? Right now I believe not.
    KEYONN YOU ARE SEING SOMETHING, YOU MIGHT FOLLOW THAT AND DO A STUDY ON ALL THE COVENATS.

What is the greatest commandments?

LOVE!

What are the FRUITS of this love?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

What does this scripture say?

Does this scripture say “IF we LOVE God we keep “NINE” commandments? If Fact the forth commandment IS the LOVE commandment! I keep my Father's Day.

If you don't keep your Father's day then who's day are you keeping? Any day that is NOT the Sabbath IS the Harlot's Day.

What's the big deal? Even if you don't believe in Keeping the Sabbath IF you Love Jehovah then WHY NOT set a “WHOLE” day That HE said was HIS Day and a SIGN that you were HIS child? WHY?

What would it “HURT” besides SATAN?

Are you in bondage to God if you keep his commandments?

1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

WHAT IS THE LOVE?

THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS!

How much more “clearer” could it be? This is a NEW COVENANT Scripture!

MRS what are these scripture saying? Please tell me what these scriptures are saying to you.

Peace Mrs :)

Ken

Laurel
    Participant

Ken was writing about the laws written on our heart. First, there is no law written on our heart unless we keep it. Second, we do not know the law until we learn it from Scripture (Torah) or a person teaches it to us.

A “calling” that little voice in our brain to search for the truth, is not the same as “written on our heart.”

kenrch
    Participant

Kejonn you may have a point? The Sabbath is not written on how heart because the gentiles did not come out of Egypt.

But Jesus said the Sabbath is made for MAN not just Israel.

If we are born again then we are grafted into Israel and are “spiritual” Israel.

Forgive me Kejonn I “know” you know all this but don't let the enemy steal your truth with “human” reasoning.

1Co 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Col 2:4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

1Th 2:5 For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:

It is the “scriptures” that say “keep HIS Commandments” This is the LOVE of God.

Those who don't understand OR simply want to choose their own day twist scripture to “try” and make them sat something they want to hear. When the scripture is straight forward, plain, and clear.

1Ti 6:4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

To all:
    These are the last days so you will have those who:
    2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Sound doctrine IS Scripture. Straight forward, Plain and clear Scripture not “words of human wisdom”!

Peace to all :)

Ken

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 10 2007,08:49)

There are no new commandments.
    All is from the beginning and is now and ever shall be.
    All that is new came from the old, and was before anything that was made, was made.

Laurel
    Participant

When we observr the Sabbath today, we are to remember that we were once slaves in Egypt. We see our heritage, and how it relates to our coming out of the false religious system of today. After all what happenend to the religious authority of Egypt? This is exactly what I came out of. Scripture says Y'shua was crucified according to the way of the Egyptains, I'm leaving a clue here.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 10 2007,09:34)
    Kejonn you may have a point?  The Sabbath is not written on how heart because the gentiles did not come out of Egypt.

But Jesus said the Sabbath is made for MAN not just Israel.

If we are born again then we are grafted into Israel and are “spiritual” Israel.

Forgive me Kejonn I “know” you know all this but don't let the enemy steal your truth with “human” reasoning.

Hey Ken,

Just investigating at this point. Right now, I have observed two Sabbaths during the specified times. But I still have not found a place of corporate worship. I think that is the hardest part IMO.

As a nation, Israel did not have this dilemma because they all kept it at the same time. But very few Christians even think about the Sabbath, and those who do do not think of it being sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. Many who know it is not Sunday would just believe it is Saturday.

1Co 1:17  For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1Co 2:4  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Col 2:4  And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

1Th 2:5  For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:

It is the “scriptures” that say “keep HIS Commandments” This is the LOVE of God.

Those who don't understand OR simply want to choose their own day twist scripture to “try” and make them sat something they want to hear.  When the scripture is straight forward, plain, and clear.

1Ti 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

To all:
    These are the last days so you will have those who:
    2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Sound doctrine IS Scripture.  Straight forward, Plain and clear Scripture not “words of human wisdom”!

Peace to all :)

Ken

I don't know if everyone is trying to twist scripture. How many Gentiles do you believe were taught of the Sabbath in the first century? I don't see much is Paul's writings on the Sabbath. I believe that those around the Jewish people would see it in practice, but what about those who were more remote? After all, most of these new converts likely did not have the Torah to learn from.

If you look at the other 9 commandments, they are reasonably part of a person who loves God and loves people. But observing the Sabbath would be a learned practice and not a natural outpouring of the love of God and people. Do you agree? That is why many people refer to the 4th commandment as a ceremonial commandment versus the other 9 being almost purely spiritual.

So in essence, encouragement is needed in teaching the Sabbath. The Sabbath can become as the Pharisees made it — a burden, whcih Christ revealed to them many times — or a blessing. Which way would you have people observe it? It is similar in some ways to tithing: God loves a cheerful giver. In other words, it becomes a heart thing eventually, and it should be done with a cheerful heart.

Not3in1
    Participant

KJ,

Very good points.  You have given something to ponder for the day – thank you.

I have been wanting to set-aside the Sabbath for the last two weekends, and guess what?  Something seems to prevent it.  Of course being in a major remodel doesn't help – but I am willing to forgo responsibilities to please the LORD.  Our cat became ill and I had to spend the Sabbath in the Animal ER and nursing her…….go figure? I guess you could say my “cat was in the ditch” :)  What will it be this coming Friday night, I wonder?  I'm going to be watching for Satan and his schemes!  I'm dedicated this next Sabbath, and I'm praying that because it is God's will, that nothing hinder my intentions to obey.  Please all, pray with me that the Sabbath may be established in my heart and in my household.  Amen.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account