Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 08 2007,12:05)

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 08 2007,11:27)
    The Sabbath:

Is the only “do” commandment

Is the only law that is NOT written on your heart.

Is the only Commandment that you have to “remember”

:)

Kenrch…… The gentiles who have not the law but (DO) the things contained in it, show the law OF GOD written in their hearts (BY) the hand OF GOD. It certainly seems to say the whole law doin't you think Ken.

I think WJ, and Mandy and others are right on this one Ken.
    peace ……gene

Gene, Christians don't have the Sabbath written on their heart if they did they would “attempt” to keep it, don't you think?
    Everyone know that we keep the other nine. Somehow we know it's wrong to steal. If the Sabbath is written on our hearts like the other nine then why is it most “Christians” don't know what day is God's Sabbath.

The Sabbath is unique. The Sabbath is NOT written on WJ's heart or “anyone's heart that's why it is commanded to “Remember” the Sabbath. Do you have to Remember not to steal? NO! Those laws are written on our heart but the Sabbath is our choice we choose to “Remember the Sabbath” to keep His Day because we “want” too NOT because we have too.

The Sabbath is the only “DO” commandment.

The Sabbath is NOT written on anyone's heart sure once it is revealed to us we keep it Not because we “have” too But because we love the Father we “want” to keep the Sabbath.

This IS the love for God:
    1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Those as the scripture says who break the least commandment and teach others to do so will be the least in the kingdom.

I'm running the race to win! Not just finish!

1Co 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Jesus is looking for a few (144000) men. Out of the World's population that's not many.

It's like we work six days God gave us the seventh to rest but we choose to take the day and worship God on that day instead of doing “our” thing. We willingly do this not because we have too but because we want too.

So no I respectfully disagree with you. The Sabbath is Not written on man's heart like the other nine. If it were then it would be “automatic” like the other nine.

Does this mean that those who keep the Sabbath will be ruling with Christ NO! Jesus will get the “cream of the crop” to rule with Him. The best of those who keep the Sabbath will rule, be part of His government.

We are not saved by works. No we are not! :)

God bless,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Sep. 08 2007,19:47)
    Mandy Is it the Seven Day Adventist Church that you are talking about? If you are they existed as long as before 1985, when we joined the W.W.Church of God. Mr. Armstrong was a Minister in that Church, but because He disagreed on some Doctrines , He started to keep the Sabbath alone with His Wife first, and it grew to 144 thousand by the time He died. But I do not believe they believe in being free in Christ. They are as legalistic as anybody who wants to keep the O.T.Covenant. If you want to do that you have to keep the whole Law. Not just part of it, like some are doing. In essence you have to become Jewish. I know I am going to get in trouble with some here, but so be it.  That is the way I see it. That is what God has revealed to me in 12 years of studying with my Husband.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Mrs, Herbert W Armstrong was a seventh day Adventist?
    I didn't know that?  I knew he was in some church named “Church of God Seventh Day” but I didn't know He was an Adventist.

The Adventist were around long before 1985.  May be you mean 1885?  I know this because I was studying with the Adventist in 1983.

The Adventist keep the Sabbath according to the letter of the law; not spiritually.  THEY give you rules to follow.  Not the Spirit.  If you keep the Sabbath according to the Adventist you will find yourself further away from God than closer.  This is what is confusing about the WWCG and the Adventist that keep the Sabbath.  One who has the Spirit will find as I said that when they keep the Sabbath with the Adventist's “do's and don't's” rules that they will distance themselves from the SPIRIT.

This Organization that puts out those videos don't believe in the Trinity. They came out of the Seventh Day Adventist.  Seems the Seventh Day Adventist like the WWCG had decided that God is a Trinity and now call themselves “Protestant”.

This group of people that produce these video's don't believe in the Trinity.  However as the Seventh Day Adventist did in the past, they believe that Jesus was formally Michael the Archangel.
    I questioned them about the Sabbath and “from what one of them told me they don't keep the Sabbath according to the letter of the law but keep it spiritually”.  They have no rules on the Sabbath other then you should keep it.

From what I'm told they gather in their homes around the country (U S A) and around the world. Currently there are no groups in and around where I live. If they were any around my neck of the woods I would check them out.  May be there is one around where you live?

God bless,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 08 2007,11:51)
    WHO CHANGED THE SABBATH FROM SATURDAY TO SUNDAY? WAS IT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH?

“Often the question is asked, “Isn't it paying homage to the Roman Catholic church to worship on Sunday because didn't Constantine change the day of worship?”

It is claimed that Constantine's edict of March 7, 321 changed the day. Constantine's edict reads:

“On the venerable Day of The Sun [venerablili dei Solis] let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits Codex Justinianus, book 3, title 12,3, trans. in Schaff, History of the Christian Church 5th ed. (New York: Charles Scribner, 1902), vol. 3, p. 380, note 1.

PLINY'S LETTER, AD 107

Pliny was governor of Bithynia, in Asia Minor, from AD 106-108. He wrote in AD 107 to Trajan, the emperor, concerning the Christians. This is what he said:

They were wont to meet together, on a stated day before it was light, and sing among themselves alternately a hymn to Christ as God….When these things were performed, it was their custom to separate and then to come together again to a meal which they ate in common without any disorder.”

We know the day the early church broke bread on was Sunday. “Upon the first day of the week when the disciples came together to break bread” Acts 20:7.

IN AD 120 THE EPISTLE OF BARNABAS says in chapter 2:

“Incense is a vain abomination unto me, and your new moons and Sabbaths I cannot endure. He has, therefore, abolished these things.

When he speaks of the first day of the week, Barnabas says: “Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day, also, on which Jesusrose again from the dead” Chapter 25.

JUSTIN MARTYR (140 AD)

Justin's 'Apology' was written at Rome about the year 140, only 44 years after the apostle John received the vision of The Revelation at Patmos.

The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge says this about Justin's works:

“In these works Justin professes to present the system of doctrine held by all Christians and seeks to be orthodox on all points. The only difference he knows of as existing between Christians concerned the millennium. Thus Justin is an incontrovertible witness for the unity of the faith in the Church of his day, and the fact that the Gentile type of Christianity prevailed.” Quoted by Canright in The Compete Testimony of the Early Fathers, Fleming H. Revell, 1916, pp. 24-25.

NOTE: At this early date, AD 140, the only major difference among Christians was concerning the millennium. At that time they had no disagreement in keeping Sunday, and as you will see, Justin says that was the day on which all Christians worshipped.

In chapter 67 of his first Apology, entitled, “Weekly Worship of the Christians,”writing to the pagan emperor, Justin states:

“…we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought…But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought the change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead.”The Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. 1, pp. 185-186 (emphasis added).

DIONYSIUS, BISHOP OF CORINTH IN GREECE, (AD 170)

Dionysius was Bishop of Corinth, the Church which Paul raised up and to which he gave the command about Sunday collections, in I Corinthians 16:1-2. He says:

“We passed this holy Lord's Day, in which we read your letter, from the constant reading of which we shall be able to draw admonition.” Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History, Bk. 4, Chapt. 23 (emphasis added).

CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA, in Egypt, (AD 194)

Clement, writing around AD 194 says:

“He, in fulfillment of the precept, keeps the Lord's day when he abandons an evil disposition, and assumes that of the Gnostic, glorifying the Lord's resurrection in himself” Book 7, Chapter 12 (emphasis added).

IGNATIUS, the third bishop of Antioch, who died in AD 108, wrote:

“If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord's Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him… Let us therefore no longer keep the Sabbath after the Jewish manner, and rejoice in days of idleness; for “he that does not work, let him not eat.”…let every friend of Christ keep the Lord's day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week]” “Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians,” The Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 1, pp. 62-63 (emphasis added).

TERTULLIAN of Africa, wrote around AD 200:

In his Apology, Chapter 16, Tertullian says:

“We solemnize the day after Saturday in contradistinction to those who call this day their Sabbath, and devote it to ease and eating, deviating from the old Jewish customs, which they are now very ignorant of.”

“Others, with greater regard to good manners, it must be confessed, suppose that the sun is the god of the Christian, because it is a well- known fact that we pray towards the east, or because we make Sunday a day of festivity” The Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 3, p. 123 (emphasis added).

NOTE: The early church explained why they prayed toward the east. It was because, “as the lightning which lighteneth from the east and is seen even to the west, so shall the coming of the Son of man be:” that by this we might know and understand that He will appear from the east suddenly” Ancient Syriac Documents, The Ante- Nicene Fathers, vol. 8, p. 668.

DO WE EVEN KNOW THE REAL SABBATH?

In 1582 Gregory XIII found a miscalculation in the calendar and decreed to drop October 5-14 and to drop 3 leap years in every century. In England 11 days (September 3-13) were dropped in 1752, in addition to other changes. (See Heresies Exposed, p. 167).

NEW LIGHT ON CEREMONIAL SABBATHS AND COLOSSIANS 2:16

An unbiased reading of Colossians 2:16 will show that this is talking about not just “ceremonial Sabbaths.” The words “ton sabbaton” or “sabbath days”; are the same words translated “Sabbath day” in Exodus 20:8 in the Septuagint (the Jewish translation of the Old Testament into Greek).

Look at Paul's reasoning, “Let no one judge you regarding a,

• festival – yearly Sabbaths,
    • a new moon – monthly Sabbaths,
    • or a Sabbath day – weekly Sabbaths (or if you wish Sabbath days)”
    • CHRIST, he goes on to say is the “Substance”, these things were shadows.

When this passage is compared with Galatians 4:9 an obvious connection in Paul's teaching is revealed:

“But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? You observe days and months and seasons and years.”

Verse 10 flatly states, “you observe…”,

• days (weekly Sabbaths, corresponding to “Sabbath days in Col. 2)
    • months (new moons, corresponding to “a new moon” in Col. 2)
    • seasons (the 7 feasts, corresponding to ”
    festivals” in Col. 2)
    • and years (the sabbatical year and the 50th year of Jubilee)

Obviously Paul is clearing speaking about the observances of all Jewish holy day, including the Sabbath.

https://www.exadventist.com/Home/Sabbath/tabid/53/Default.aspx

:)

WJ the disciples broke bread everyday, not just the first day of the week.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Here is “the other” scripture that the defenders of the harlot use.

1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
    1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Upon the first day of the week “LET” not “WHEN” you gather.

This was a special gathering for the starving saints at Jerusalem Verse 1.

Even the whore says there are NO scriptures that changed the Sabbath and she “proudly” says that she (the harlot) changed the day.

But we are past this aren't we?

Laurel
    Participant

Mandy Is it the Seven Day Adventist Church that you are talking about? If you are they existed as long as before 1985, when we joined the W.W.Church of God. Mr. Armstrong was a Minister in that Church, but because He disagreed on some Doctrines , He started to keep the Sabbath alone with His Wife first, and it grew to 144 thousand by the time He died. But I do not believe they believe in being free in Christ. They are as legalistic as anybody who wants to keep the O.T.Covenant. If you want to do that you have to keep the whole Law. Not just part of it, like some are doing. In essence you have to become Jewish. I know I am going to get in trouble with some here, but so be it.  That is the way I see it. That is what God has revealed to me in 12 years of studying with my Husband.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

I am getting real tired of this free to worship as we please because that is how we want it attitude.

I want to make it very clear that yes you and I are free to worship anyway we choose, BUT if we worship the One True Elohim of Issiac, Abraham and Jacob, we do it His Way!

We are free to choose only wether we worship Him or not.

The 10 commandments make a very clear distinct Set-apart Way for us to worship the Creator of the heavens and the earth. No where in the 10 commandments does it say “except”. There are NO exceptions. If you make an exception you are taking yourself out of His Way, and going the “other” way.

It is so simple a child can understand it, and this is how we should come before Him.

About the 7th day Sabbath:
    Saturday is the seventh day. It begins at sunset the previous evening until sunset of Sabbath.

YHWH Set-apart the Sabbath, making the Sabbath a special time of rest, so that we “Adams” will remember that we were once a part of Sunday, Friday, or any other day worship, we were once a “slave” to the worldly governing authority who in this country have set up “their” system for Sunday worship, Christmas Holidays and Easter Holidays.

We choose to come out of “her” and make a difference in the world by setting yourself apart for Him, and worshiping Him and not the “system.” We are a Set-apart people, we are His people. They will know we are His people because we keep His commands, ALL of them.

I hope I did not offend anyone to the point of turning away, but IF you do turn away, it is not from me.

Our Father in heaven loves us all and wants us all to be a part of His family. When you become one of His family, it is very very SAD to see other who can not see, and so you get people who are passionately defending their Father in heaven, His Son, and their doctrine.

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Mrs.
    Our Messiah kept the whole law and we as followers of Him do likewise. We who do follow the Torah which IS the real word for the law in which you speak, know that Y'shua Messiah IS the fullfillment of it. Y'shua IS our Passover and Y'shua will return as King durring Tabernacles. He will again Tabernacle among us.
    I will be at the “marraige supper”, because I do celebrate Tabernacles according to the “10 commandments.”

Torah means instruction.

You can bash the COG all day and it means nothing to me. since they are not Jewish and can not teach from Y'shua perspective. Every organized religion today has faults.

His Word will stand forever!

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Finally,
    I am also sick and tired of people bashing Jews! The real Jews do believe Y'shua is the Messiah, the Son of Elohim, Who came in the flesh, and they guard His commands.

Do not confuse Jews with Orthodox Jews who are nothing but new age Pharisees, following after their OWN traditions, just like the Catholics and every other organized religion today.

Scripture says: What advantage hath the Jew?
    the answer: Much in every way, but especially, unto the Jew was given the “oracles” of Elohim.

I rest my case.

Not3in1
    Participant

Peace and Love Mrs.

Good morning, Mrs.!

The organization that I found after studying the Trinity and not being satisfied by clear scripture saying God was indeed, three persons was CES (Christian Educational Services). These folks were a splinter of of the group known as, “The Way International.” This group has a few weird ideas, and the CES people recognized this and moved to form their own group (as so many “groups” today exist because something “weird” was going on in the mother group). At any rate, I have learned a lot from these guys. I'm still searching for a church to belong to. For now, HeavenNet and this body of believer's is blessing just fine. I believe the LORD has a work to do here. I can feel his spirit working through many here.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

IM4truth……> Mr Armstrong came out of the Seventh Day Church of God. He and a man named Hubbard broke away and started the WWCG. and they use to Keep all the Holy Days and the Sabbath also. They no longer do and they now even believe in the trinity and are just another protestant church.

Ken….It says the commandments are spiritual, and then we must Keep them in a spritual sence. God was showing us that there is a time when we must cease from our works (works of the flesh) and inter into a rest.  The sabbath shows a spritual principle. Dosen't It say we that believe have intered in to that rest. When we keep the Sabbath physically we are showing ourselves that spritual principle of entering rest with God. We are ceasing from (OUR) works and having fellowship with God in a special way. But that fellowship is only a temperary one, we are called to a permanently rest which is not just one day of the week. Dosen't it say that we who have believed have intered into that rest. God was showing us through the Physical day that a time was comming when we would be at permenit rest with Him. Not just one day but for ever. Thats why it says the Sabbath was made for (MAN) notice it doesn't say for angles and spirit beings and once we become Spritual Beings we will have entered that permanette rest and won't need a physical day to rest in. The sabbath is a spritual sign  of that rest with God.

and the 144000 you mention come from the 12 tribes of Israel only. 12000 frim each of the twelve tribe. The twelve tribe of Israel still exist to this day and they are not Just Jew's the Jew's are only one out of twelve tribes they make up a very small percentage of the tribes that exest today in all the earth they have a lost idenity and don't know that they are Israelites but someday thay will……thanks …..gene

Laurel
    Participant

Not3,
    You have said well that this is the formum meant for the true church. We come together to test and proove Scripture which is hardly what organized chuches do in this day. We walk in, sit down, listen, and walk out. I'm sure that is not the true intention for the true church, because we are all continually learning and growing in the Spirit. A church has a set of rules and doctrine that never grows. We are living growing peoples under our Messiah. We are not stuck in the concrete of “men.”

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 09 2007,02:31)
    Our Messiah kept the whole law and we as followers of Him do likewise.

I'm wondering something…..

Do you think Jesus kept the Commandments/Feasts because he had not yet been offered as our atonement? In other words, when Jesus was born, he was born “under the Law” that he may save those who were under the Law. And so it only goes to reason that while he lived on the earth – he practiced the Law.

When he offered his life as our atonement to God….we were set free.

Like Isaac, we are children of the promise. We are not of the children born in the ordinary way. We are children born of the Spirit. We are born free.

Galations 5:1
    It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

What was the yoke of slavery? The Law. Jesus was born a slave? Yes! Did he overcome by the power of God? Yes! Are we free because of this victory? Yes! We are warned to not return to our bondage but to enjoy the promise that was given to our Father Abraham. It is a glorious promise that we partake in. Thank our heavenly Father who has “qualified” us to share in it. Amen.

We cannot go back and do the things our forefathers did and expect a different result. This is called insanity (doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result). Our forefather's did not obey God. They did not obey the Law. God sought to make a new covenant that would be better for us all.

Galations 3:23-25
    Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

So that law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

This is what the Father has been teaching me on this subject, and I pass it on for your ponderings and review. Thank you, sister's and brother's, for your love and support as I seek out what God has for me in the area of obedience to his commands and faith.

I'm surprised by how often I think of each one of you during my day. You truly are my church-home. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend. Sorry for the long post! :)

Love to all,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 09 2007,05:34)
    Not3,
    You have said well that this is the formum meant for the true church. We come together to test and proove Scripture which is hardly what organized chuches do in this day. We walk in, sit down, listen, and walk out. I'm sure that is not the true intention for the true church, because we are all continually learning and growing in the Spirit. A church has a set of rules and doctrine that never grows. We are living growing peoples under our Messiah. We are not stuck in the concrete of “men.”

Hi Laurel,

Yes, I am glad that we are not like the “organized” churches out there. When I call HeavenNet my church-home, I am referring of course, to the fact that we are the body of Christ. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

What is the “superivision of the law”? Thanks.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Gen Thank you. We belonged to the World Wide Church of God for 10 years, and yes we kept all the Holy Days of the O.T. I have always thought that Mr. Armstrong came out of the Seven Day Adventist, and was a Minister there, so does my Husband. I will call one of my Friends, who is in a Church called Philadelphia Church of God that still teaches what Mr. Armstrong used to, and they have a new Book out called Raising The Ruins. It is all about when the church split and half of the people left and started their own Churches.
    That is already 12 years ago, we have learned a lot since then. It shows you what the scripture says, that all we need is Gods Holy Spirit to learn.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    :D :D

Laurel
    Participant

Not3,
    Mal 3:6 For I am YHWH, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Y'shua was not under the Torah. He IS the Torah. How can one be under Himself? Y'shua was filled with the Spirit of the Father. He obed the Torah because His works were to show the Torah was Him. Please study Matthew chapter 5. You will see that those who do not believe the Torah that Moses wrote of, do not know the Messiah and therefore do not know the Father either.

Scripture clearly states that to love Elohim, is to keep His commandments and His commandments are not grevious. In other words, the commandments are not a heavy yoke, but light.

2Jn1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

1Jn5:2 By this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love Elohim, and keep His commandments.

By this Word we see that to keep the commandmets is to love Elohim and our fellow man, take some time to think about this. It makes perfect sense. The first four commandments tell us how to love our Creator, the last 6 tell us how to love our fellow man. So you see that Y'shua kept the commandments becaus of love for his father.

Joh 15:10 If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.

Before faith came, we were condemned to death because we were unaware. Now we know the commands, our sin is revealed and we repent. Before this we did not know what our sins were because we were of the world, and didn't have the Word. Thanks be to our Master Y'shua Messia, we have an example as how we are to live. He kept the commands out of love for His Father and so we shall.
    Laurel and Lawrence my son

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 09 2007,05:32)
    IM4truth……> Mr Armstrong came out of the Seventh Day Church of God. He and a man named Hubbard broke away and started the WWCG. and they use to Keep all the Holy Days and the Sabbath also. They no longer do and they now even believe in the trinity and are just another protestant church.

Ken….It says the commandments are spiritual, and then we must Keep them in a spritual sence. God was showing us that there is a time when we must cease from our works (works of the flesh) and inter into a rest.  The sabbath shows a spritual principle. Dosen't It say we that believe have intered in to that rest. When we keep the Sabbath physically we are showing ourselves that spritual principle of entering rest with God. We are ceasing from (OUR) works and having fellowship with God in a special way. But that fellowship is only a temperary one, we are called to a permanently rest which is not just one day of the week. Dosen't it say that we who have believed have intered into that rest. God was showing us through the Physical day that a time was comming when we would be at permenit rest with Him. Not just one day but for ever. Thats why it says the Sabbath was made for (MAN) notice it doesn't say for angles and spirit beings and once we become Spritual Beings we will have entered that permanette rest and won't need a physical day to rest in. The sabbath is a spritual sign  of that rest with God.

and the 144000 you mention come from the 12 tribes of Israel only. 12000 frim each of the twelve tribe. The twelve tribe of Israel still exist to this day and they are not Just Jew's the Jew's are only one out of twelve tribes they make up a very small percentage of the tribes that exest today in all the earth they have a lost idenity and don't know that they are Israelites but someday thay will……thanks …..gene

Sure I agree that the Sabbath points to an eternal Sabbath.

I don't quite understand what you are getting at about the 144k. I don't remember saying if they were Jewish or not. I know that the Jews are made up of the tribe of Benjamin, Judah and the levities. So I don't understand your point?

Again if the Sabbath were written on everyone heart then why is it that Most Christians including some here don't know what day the Sabbath is? Yes the Sabbath is spiritual but the point is that “MOST” people do not have it written on their heart like the other Nine.
    Ask someone “Is it alright to steal”? They will tell you No! Ask them if they should keep the Sabbath and they will say “WHAT IS a Sabbath?” :) Just the facts…….thanks, Ken

Laurel
    Participant

UNDER THE LAW

What it means is that before we were saved by the blood of the lamb, we were all condemned to death because in that state we were under the penalty of the law. Sins penalty is death. Through the forgivness we receive through our belief in our Messiah, we have the ability to repent of that sin and Y'shua goes to the Father on our behalf and says, this one is yours Father. This one knows he is a sinner, and is sorry for sinning.

Under the law can be accurately compared to being in prision. If we break the law, we will be placed “under” arrest and now must be punished for breaking the law. Not so where there is the belief in Messiah. We who believe in the Son, follow Him and come to the Father free from sin, because we have forgiveness for our “mistakes” Love is patient and kind, longsuffering, forgiving. We must be like that and willing to please Him out of love. With love all things are possible.

Laurel
    Participant

How do we learn about the Sabbath?

Matt.6:33 Seek you first the kingdom of Elohim and His righteousness: and ALL “these things” shall be added unto you.

Laurel
    Participant

Ken,
    The last time I asked anyone about the Sabbath, not only myself but my son also, the answer is that we keep Sunday. People do know in a soft still voice that there is supposed to be a Sabbath. Most folks however, are under the traditions of men, and far from the truth of the matter. It is frightening to me to see the shepherds in sheeps clothing are for the most part going undetected. But it is not a suprise to me that this is happening since the entire Word gives clear warning that this is happening, and it has always been that way since evil came into the world.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Sep. 09 2007,06:58)
    Ken,
    The last time I asked anyone about the Sabbath, not only myself but my son also, the answer is that we keep Sunday. People do know in a soft still voice that there is supposed to be a Sabbath. Most folks however, are under the traditions of men, and far from the truth of the matter. It is frightening to me to see the shepherds in sheeps clothing are for the most part going undetected. But it is not a suprise to me that this is happening since the entire Word gives clear warning that this is happening, and it has always been that way since evil came into the world.

I believe it was Elaine who said “she didn't know about the Sabbath” but she knew not to steal.

Anyway I also knew nothing about the Sabbath until the Lord brought me to the knowledge of it when I really started seeking the truth.

When people go to church then after turn on the football game they see nothing wrong with that. Because the Sabbath is not written on their heart like the other nine.

That's because they were not taught about the Sabbath. Exactly my point no one had to teach me not to steal it is written on my heart.

Now once I knew about the Sabbath then I chose to keep it.

Or what does Mat.5:19 mean?

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Will one who murders and teaches others to murder be allowed in the New Kingdom?
    The least of the commandments out of the Ten which would you say is the least would it not be one you would have to remember. It's like “and don't forget” to keep the Sabbath. Like it would be easily forgotten because it is NOT written on your heart.

Peace to everyone :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Ken,

After I had posted that the commandments were written on our hearts, you seem to want to say that the fourth commandment is not written on our hearts. This seems like a strange teaching to me. The reason I say this is because I see no where in scripture where I might be led to embrace this idea. In fact, I read the opposite. I read that God has written his “law(s)” on our hearts! To me, because there were no written exclusions, this means ALL of the laws that he wants us to keep. Unless you are able to produce scripture that says what you are teaching, I will assume it is a personal belief of yours.

Hebrews 8:10
    This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord.
    I will put my law*s* in their minds
    and I will write them on their hearts.

There is no distinction between the laws, only that God will write them on our minds and hearts. It would seem that your teaching is a bit erroneous?

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account