Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Mrs, thank you for your post and information. I will check out the Covenant thread – I see it listed in “New Posts.” I've become very interested in this and look forward to reading your thread. I'm really glad that you and your hubby are here. I've read a few of his posts now and have learned a lot from both of you. Praise God for this family of believer's. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Is the Sabbath necessary for salvation? NO! It is not!

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You accept the Word of God then read it!

Those who cannot keep the Sabbath “spiritually” and teach others that they can keep “any day” will be the “least”in the kingdom of God.

“Many are called” but few are chosen.

Does the scripture say they will be rejected NO! It says they will NOT be in the first resurrection and will have to learn in the milennium.

Jesus is choosing His “cabenet” those who will “rule” with HIM.
    Not the “general” population on earth.

The “kingdom” of heaven is at hand.

You want the truth! Can you stand the truth in your flesh?

Mat 3:2 And2532 saying,3004 Repent3340 ye: for1063 the3588 kingdom932 of heaven3772 is at hand.1448

Here it is!

βασιλεία
    basileia
    bas-il-i'-ah
    From G935; properly royalty, that is, (abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively): – kingdom, + reign.

The word kingdom means “royality” those who will rule with Jesus!

I won't argue because the WORD is plain and clear! Accept it or reject it!

It's really all up to you…do you want to rule with Jesus …be part of the first resurrection? OR as scripture says “you will be the “least” in the kingdom.

Do I think I'm one of the “royality” I don't know? No one will untill it's time!

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

OH! BTW! Whatever! :D This is my answer to all of your objections! ALL OF THEM! :)

From the “covenant thread”.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 08 2007,05:36)
    1 Corninthians 2:11
    For who among men knows the thoughts of man except the man's spirit within him?

Ken, you do not know my heart and what my intentions are; therefore, you are sitting in judgement over me.

Romans 14:4
    Who are you to judge someone else's servant?  To his own master he stands or falls.  And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

If you are a teacher, first learn this:

Romans 14:1-3
    Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgement on disputable matters.  One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

I do not condemn you for your beliefs and practices, please do not condemn me!  I am also a child of God and seek to please him everyday.

The LORD has told me that I am free.  I am free from any bondage that you would like to make me a slave to; I am free from the insults that you are heaping onto me because Christ is bearing them according to scripture; I am free from your judgement because you do not know my heart and I am not your servant.

Isaiah 58:9
    If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk…..

Galations 5:1
    It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.  Stand firm, then, and do notlet yoursleves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

To all,
    I believe that our Father in heaven has made many coventants through time.  His most grand covenant was displayed with splender in the giving of his Son.  It is because of this covenant with Christ that we are FREE.  As some are preaching slavery, I would like to offer that there is freedom in the scriptures and new covenant from our dear Father.

Galations 3:10-14
    All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written:  “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”  Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.”

The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The man who does these things will live by them.”

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is wirtten:  “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”  He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

I am Abraham's offspring, and I am enjoying the blessings of the Spirit thanks to Jesus!  I WILL NOT rely on observing the law according to scripture, because it is a curse!  Plus, it will not justify me (or you).

I am free.  I live by faith.  

Ken, you are teaching the strict adherence to the Ten Commandments (law), and yet you cannot clearly see the most important commandment given by our Lord; this is work for you to do, and for the Lord to show you.  Clearly, you are at a loss as to how to show love to your brethren; this the Lord can show you as well.  I will remain patient with you, and I sincerely hope you will remain patient with me.  Let's continue to show one another respect without accusations and assumptions as to what one has in their heart regarding obedience.  God has written his laws in our hearts!  And if this is true, then the law that is in your heart is also in every believer's heart.  Let each one seek it out!  Amen.

Mandy

Excellent post.

You are on the right track. Men are trying to bring you under the law.

We are free from being justified by the keeping of the law.

Rom 8:
    1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    4 That the righteousness of **the law might be fulfilled in us**, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit

Eph 2:
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9  **Not of works**, lest any man should boast.

As you have so beautifully put it…

Galations 3:10-14
    All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written:  “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”  Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.

The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The man who does these things will live by them.”

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is wirtten:  “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”  He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Then we also read…

Rom 3:19
    Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
    20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall **no flesh be justified** in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 6:14
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. :D

The observing of the law and sabbaths will not justify anyone to God, or Jesus would not have had to die.

Col 2:16 NLT
    So don't let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new-moon ceremonies **or Sabbaths, (sabbaton)**.
    17 For these rules were only shadows of the real thing, Christ himself.

The Greek word for “Sabbath” in Col 2:16 is 'sabbaton', which means;

1) the seventh day of each week which was a sacred festival on which the Israelites were required to abstain from all work

a) the institution of the sabbath, the law for keeping holy every seventh day of the week

b) a single sabbath, sabbath day

2) seven days, a week

Its the only word used for the seventh day sabbath in the greek NT.

Paul uses this word Col 2:16 speaking of it as a shadow of the real thing which is Christ.

:D

kenrch
    Participant

Read the scriptures! :)

kenrch
    Participant

BTW I covered Col. 2:14-16 “years” ago WJ you should “catch up” before you spit darts. :)

Kenrch

Spit darts ??? Its the “Word of God” friend.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 08 2007,11:06)
    Kenrch

Spit darts ??? Its the “Word of God” friend.

Whatever WJ :D

kenrch
    Participant

If you have ears “come out from among them”.

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
    Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
    Rev 3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

WOW! :D

kenrch
    Participant

The Sabbath:

Is the only “do” commandment

Is the only law that is NOT written on your heart.

Is the only Commandment that you have to “remember”

:)

WHO CHANGED THE SABBATH FROM SATURDAY TO SUNDAY? WAS IT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH?

“Often the question is asked, “Isn't it paying homage to the Roman Catholic church to worship on Sunday because didn't Constantine change the day of worship?”

It is claimed that Constantine's edict of March 7, 321 changed the day. Constantine's edict reads:

“On the venerable Day of The Sun [venerablili dei Solis] let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country, however, persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits Codex Justinianus, book 3, title 12,3, trans. in Schaff, History of the Christian Church 5th ed. (New York: Charles Scribner, 1902), vol. 3, p. 380, note 1.

PLINY'S LETTER, AD 107

Pliny was governor of Bithynia, in Asia Minor, from AD 106-108. He wrote in AD 107 to Trajan, the emperor, concerning the Christians. This is what he said:

They were wont to meet together, on a stated day before it was light, and sing among themselves alternately a hymn to Christ as God….When these things were performed, it was their custom to separate and then to come together again to a meal which they ate in common without any disorder.”

We know the day the early church broke bread on was Sunday. “Upon the first day of the week when the disciples came together to break bread” Acts 20:7.

IN AD 120 THE EPISTLE OF BARNABAS says in chapter 2:

“Incense is a vain abomination unto me, and your new moons and Sabbaths I cannot endure. He has, therefore, abolished these things.

When he speaks of the first day of the week, Barnabas says: “Wherefore, also, we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day, also, on which Jesusrose again from the dead” Chapter 25.

JUSTIN MARTYR (140 AD)

Justin's 'Apology' was written at Rome about the year 140, only 44 years after the apostle John received the vision of The Revelation at Patmos.

The Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge says this about Justin's works:

“In these works Justin professes to present the system of doctrine held by all Christians and seeks to be orthodox on all points. The only difference he knows of as existing between Christians concerned the millennium. Thus Justin is an incontrovertible witness for the unity of the faith in the Church of his day, and the fact that the Gentile type of Christianity prevailed.” Quoted by Canright in The Compete Testimony of the Early Fathers, Fleming H. Revell, 1916, pp. 24-25.

NOTE: At this early date, AD 140, the only major difference among Christians was concerning the millennium. At that time they had no disagreement in keeping Sunday, and as you will see, Justin says that was the day on which all Christians worshipped.

In chapter 67 of his first Apology, entitled, “Weekly Worship of the Christians,”writing to the pagan emperor, Justin states:

“…we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought…But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought the change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead.”The Ante-Nicene Fathers, Vol. 1, pp. 185-186 (emphasis added).

DIONYSIUS, BISHOP OF CORINTH IN GREECE, (AD 170)

Dionysius was Bishop of Corinth, the Church which Paul raised up and to which he gave the command about Sunday collections, in I Corinthians 16:1-2. He says:

“We passed this holy Lord's Day, in which we read your letter, from the constant reading of which we shall be able to draw admonition.” Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History, Bk. 4, Chapt. 23 (emphasis added).

CLEMENT OF ALEXANDRIA, in Egypt, (AD 194)

Clement, writing around AD 194 says:

“He, in fulfillment of the precept, keeps the Lord's day when he abandons an evil disposition, and assumes that of the Gnostic, glorifying the Lord's resurrection in himself” Book 7, Chapter 12 (emphasis added).

IGNATIUS, the third bishop of Antioch, who died in AD 108, wrote:

“If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord's Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him… Let us therefore no longer keep the Sabbath after the Jewish manner, and rejoice in days of idleness; for “he that does not work, let him not eat.”…let every friend of Christ keep the Lord's day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week]” “Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians,” The Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 1, pp. 62-63 (emphasis added).

TERTULLIAN of Africa, wrote around AD 200:

In his Apology, Chapter 16, Tertullian says:

“We solemnize the day after Saturday in contradistinction to those who call this day their Sabbath, and devote it to ease and eating, deviating from the old Jewish customs, which they are now very ignorant of.”

“Others, with greater regard to good manners, it must be confessed, suppose that the sun is the god of the Christian, because it is a well- known fact that we pray towards the east, or because we make Sunday a day of festivity” The Ante-Nicene Fathers, vol. 3, p. 123 (emphasis added).

NOTE: The early church explained why they prayed toward the east. It was because, “as the lightning which lighteneth from the east and is seen even to the west, so shall the coming of the Son of man be:” that by this we might know and understand that He will appear from the east suddenly” Ancient Syriac Documents, The Ante- Nicene Fathers, vol. 8, p. 668.

DO WE EVEN KNOW THE REAL SABBATH?

In 1582 Gregory XIII found a miscalculation in the calendar and decreed to drop October 5-14 and to drop 3 leap years in every century. In England 11 days (September 3-13) were dropped in 1752, in addition to other changes. (See Heresies Exposed, p. 167).

NEW LIGHT ON CEREMONIAL SABBATHS AND COLOSSIANS 2:16

An unbiased reading of Colossians 2:16 will show that this is talking about not just “ceremonial Sabbaths.” The words “ton sabbaton” or “sabbath days”; are the same words translated “Sabbath day” in Exodus 20:8 in the Septuagint (the Jewish translation of the Old Testament into Greek).

Look at Paul's reasoning, “Let no one judge you regarding a,

• festival – yearly Sabbaths,
    • a new moon – monthly Sabbaths,
    • or a Sabbath day – weekly Sabbaths (or if you wish Sabbath days)”
    • CHRIST, he goes on to say is the “Substance”, these things were shadows.

When this passage is compared with Galatians 4:9 an obvious connection in Paul's teaching is revealed:

“But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? You observe days and months and seasons and years.”

Verse 10 flatly states, “you observe…”,

• days (weekly Sabbaths, corresponding to “Sabbath days in Col. 2)
    • months (new moons, corresponding to “a new moon” in Col. 2)
    • seasons (the 7 feasts, corresponding to “festivals” in Col. 2)
    • and years (the sabbatical year and the 50th year of Jubilee)

Obviously Paul is clearing speaking about the observances of all Jewish holy day, including the Sabbath.

https://www.exadventist.com/Home/Sabbath/tabid/53/Default.aspx

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 08 2007,11:27)
    The Sabbath:

Is the only “do” commandment

Is the only law that is NOT written on your heart.

Is the only Commandment that you have to “remember”

Kenrch…… The gentiles who have not the law but (DO) the things contained in it, show the law OF GOD written in their hearts (BY) the hand OF GOD. It certainly seems to say the whole law doin't you think Ken.

I think WJ, and Mandy and others are right on this one Ken.
    peace ……gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all….> I should have cearfied what i said< I meant (some of the things WJ, said I believe are right) …….gene

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 20 2007,15:32)
    Hi All:

I'd like to give you my understanding relative to the Sabbath:

The scripture states:

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God tells us here that we and those who are employed in our work including our animals should rest on the seventh day after six consequtive days of work after the example that he gave us when he created the heavens and the earth and all of its host.

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created F9 and made.

In Exodus 16 God made manna come down from heaven for the people of the Nation of Israel and he commanded them as follows:

Exodus 16
    1And they took their journey from Elim, and all the congregation of the children of Israel came unto the wilderness of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after their departing out of the land of Egypt.

2And the whole congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:

3And the children of Israel said unto them, Would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full; for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness, to kill this whole assembly with hunger.

4Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.

5And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

6And Moses and Aaron said unto all the children of Israel, At even, then ye shall know that the LORD hath brought you out from the land of Egypt:

7And in the morning, then ye shall see the glory of the LORD; for that he heareth your murmurings against the LORD: and what are we, that ye murmur against us?

8And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against him: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.

9And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings.

10And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.

11And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

12I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.

13And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

14And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

15And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

16This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.

17And the children of Israel did so, and gathered, some more, some less.

18And when they did mete it with an omer, he that gathered much had nothing over, and he that gathered little had no lack; they gathered every man according to his eating.

19And Moses said, Let no man leave of it till the morning.

20Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto Moses; but some of them left of it until the morning, and it bred worms, and stank: and Moses was wroth with them.

21And they gathered it every morning, every man according to his eating: and when the sun waxed hot, it melted.

22And it came to pass, that on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for one man: and all the rulers of the congregation came and told Moses.

23And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

24And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein.

25And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day is a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field.

26Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none.

27And it came to pass, that there went out some of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none.

28And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?

29See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

30So the people rested on the seventh day.

31And the house of Israel called the name thereof Manna: and it was like coriander seed, white; and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

32And Moses said, This is the thing which the LORD commandeth, Fill an omer of it to be kept for your generations; that they may see the bread wherewith I have fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you forth from the land of Egypt.

33And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the LORD, to be kept for your generations.

34As the LORD commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept.

35And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan.

This was done apparently to test them to see if they would obey his commandments or not and also, to demonstrate that He was their God and could and would pr
    ovide for them even in the wilderness if they would obey his commandments.

I asked Ken and Laurel if there was any scripture to state that this seven day period coincided with the seven day period in which God created the heavens and the earth, and Laurel responded that she knew that it was the same seven day period by Faith, but there is nothing in the scriptures that state that this is a fact.  And I do not believe that it is the specific day that matters but the principle of working six consequtive days and resting on the seventh.

Another reason is added for keeping the Forth Commandment after the Exodus from Egypt as follows:

12Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

13Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

14But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

15And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day

In addition to following the example that God rested in the creation on the seventh day.  God showed that we should rest on the seventh day to show that we trust in his provision, and to commemorate our freedom from slavery to sin, and if we have employees we should also allow them to rest on the seventh day rembering that they were in bondage to Paroah.

These commandments were given to the Nation of Israel.  Should we as born again Christians obey the Forth commandment.  I believe that the answer to this question is emphatically, of course.  Jesus is our example of how to live in right standing with God, and he said:

23 And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. 24 And the Pharisees said unto him, Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful? 25 And he said unto them, Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? 26 How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him? 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

If Jesus indicated that the sabbath was made for man, then it is God's intention for him to rest on the seventh day.  Again, I believe that it is the principle that man should rest from his labor on the seventh day following six consequtive days of work.

And Jesus said:

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus also said:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments

The Apostle Paul states:

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

And so, we obey God's commandments out of our Love for Him and for our Lord Jesus.

Someone, I think Nick, asked: how does obeying the forth commandment show our love for God?

Our purpose as God's children is to glorify him in the earth through all that we do in this body.  When our bodies and our mental and emotional faculties are rested we can be more efficient in doing this.  Also, If we go to church on this day, we can worship God with fellow believers, and we can be instructed from God's Word.  We as fellow believers can encourage one another, comfort one another, and pray for one another.

God says this regarding going to church:

23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I commend those who are striving to obey the Commandment's that have come to us from God through our Lord Jesus.  If they believe that they should obey the forth commandment on Saturday, then that is what they should do.  Again, I believe that it is the principle of resting on the seventh day after working six consequtive days that matters and not keeping a specific day.  In the society that I live the work week starts on Monday and so the seventh day for me is Sunday.  God knows the motives and the intent of the heart.  Jesus said: “If you love me, keep my commandments”, and I do love him and so I do strive to obey.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not F55 to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded F56 in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth F57 the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die,
    we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

All I can do is beg you to try scripture, especially the 4th commandment.

Scripture teaches that those who do not hear Elohim, are those who do not keep His commands.

So please, try keeping the 7th day Sabbath (Saturday to us).
    I would say do this for 7 Sabbaths, since that seems to be a goodly number.

If your eyes are not opened within these seven Sabbaths, then go back to the whatever day thing it is that you usually do.

On the other hand, if your eyes are opened within these seven Sabbaths, then make a vow to our Father to do your best to keep them forever more. Actually, you should make the vow first. And keep it if He wills.

Love in Messiah Y'shua
    Laurel
    ps. tonight begins the weekly Sabbath, I hope you rest well.

Laurel
    Participant

Ken,
    When you decide to keep them all, they will be written on your heart.
    Yes, Remember because it is the easiest to overshadow with the “other gospel.”
    Ken, You post are becoming very cool. I mean, try to be a little more patient. Please.
    Rather that going off with your own words, which I know from experience is easy to do since we are both so passionate, just post one verse and make it be a dandy. Cause these ones who are searching to do some real searching by giving them scriptural direction.
    Loe ya bro,
    Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Yea,
    Love Ya

Laurel
    Participant

The calander says the seventh day is the Sabbath, so does the Jewish calander. Altough, the months on the Roman calander are named after pagen gods, still September through December mean seven, eight, nine, and ten. September overlaps YHWH's 7th month according to when the barley is in abib in Jerusalem.

Some things remain to this day for proof of an earlier time.
    Laurel

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Sep. 07 2007,09:48)
    Its is amazing that we can make 29 pages about the Sabbath. One would think that is it is “cut and dry”. But is it? Has anyone addressed why the Sabbath was part of the 10 Commandments? Let's look at a few passages preceding the first onstance of the 10 Commandments:

Exd 19:5   'Now then, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be My own possession among all the peoples, for all the earth is Mine;  
    Exd 19:6   and you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words that you shall speak to the sons of Israel.”  

Exd 20:1   Then God spoke all these words, saying,  
    Exd 20:2   “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.

As many have pointed out, the 10 Commandments were given to the children of Israel some time after the Exodus. The reason that the Sabbath was so important was that the Jews were forced to work 7 days a week for the Egyptians and the Sabbath was a deliverence for this form of bondage. Also, it was a day that was celebrated as a nation for communion with God and other Israelites, as well as a day of rest.

So if those around you set aside Sunday as a day of rest for communion with God and fellowship amongst one another, what purpose will you serve in setting aside Saturday? The key, I think, is the day of rest and communion. You can do this on Saturday, but you won't likely have a day of fellowship with those around you and that would defeat some of the purpose of the Sabbath IMO.

That is not to say that I would be ever willing to call Sunday the Sabbath. I want to be able to observe Sabbath Friday evening to Saturday evening, but I am not willing to use that as a measuring stick of my righteousness or spirituality. But if you do it solely to please God, then the joy it gives you will spread to others until they too see the blessing in it. It will never work if we instead use it as a way of saying we are the only ones doing the right thing.

IOW, if someone asks you “Why do you rest and worship on Friday sunset to Saturday sunset?” you can tell them that you believe that God has made this special day just for those who love Him. He wants us to enjoy the time set aside for this. But if we tell them “because it is the right way, and you are wrong by doing it on Sunday” we will almost always hit a brick wall. Yeshua was the key: it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. And it is lawful and good to love others and encourage them toward observing the Sabbath.

Somehow I missed this post, and I am more than happy to “bump” it so that it can be displayed again on a current page.

KJ, thank you for this thoughtful and inspiring post! This teaching is laced with freedom and love. Ah, sweet freedom in Christ. Freedom to obey AND freedom to love.

Thanks again, brother! Amen

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 08 2007,11:51)
    https://www.exadventist.com/Home/Sabbath/tabid/53/Default.aspx

Keith,
    Thanks for the website. I'm going to add this to my study time. I saw a couple of topics that I had wondered about, so this will come in handy!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy Is it the Seven Day Adventist Church that you are talking about? If you are they existed as long as before 1985, when we joined the W.W.Church of God. Mr. Armstrong was a Minister in that Church, but because He disagreed on some Doctrines , He started to keep the Sabbath alone with His Wife first, and it grew to 144 thousand by the time He died. But I do not believe they believe in being free in Christ. They are as legalistic as anybody who wants to keep the O.T.Covenant. If you want to do that you have to keep the whole Law. Not just part of it, like some are doing. In essence you have to become Jewish. I know I am going to get in trouble with some here, but so be it. That is the way I see it. That is what God has revealed to me in 12 years of studying with my Husband.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account