Root of jesse/david

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Scripture calls Jesus both the root of David and Jesse, Isaiah 11:10, Revelations 5:5, Revelations 22:16.  According to Hebrew culture based on the Law of Mosses a root of the Hebrews is a person, clan, or tribe and a characteristic of that root is what they place their faith in, Deuteronomy 29:18.  Judges speak of root in relations to land of origin, Judges 5:14.  

So I believe Jesus is the underlying support for the people of God who places his faith in God and thus is nourished by God and in turn nourishes God’s people.  Both Jesse and David are representations of God’s people.  Jesus is the Messiah promised to the patriarchs, Romans 15:8.

Feel free to address any scriptures that you believe will aid in understanding what God is saying when he call Jesus the root of David/Jesse.

Jesus is probably the root the same way his is the vine and God is his cultivator(the vine scripture is in the gospels somewhere:( )

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..You have it right Jesus is from the Roots of Jesse and David, that is his origin from man kind. He is a SON of MAN the same as we are also and have our roots in our ancestors also just as Jesus had his roots are through the Jews of the house of Jesse and King David. Just as he said he was. Mike and others preexistences try desperately to twist that to mean they Jesse and David were from the root of Jesus a total Pagan concept. On second thought no i don't think even pagans are that ignorant>

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders said to me Weep not: behold the Lion of or (from) the tribe of Judah, the Root of (from) Davis, has prevailed,…..,.

Anyone who has not be perverted in their thinking cane easily understand what that is saying , but interesting enough Preexistences and Trinitarians can't get it. The try desperately to make David the root from Jesus. The complete bible shows Jesus was a decedent of Jesse and King David. , But MYSTERY RELIGION denies this straight forward teachings , lest they may have to admit Jesus was indeed a truely born into existence human being at his berth through Mary, so they desperately try to twist this straight forward text to meet their DOGMAS.

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Betweenchristendomandjws,

If you are referring to John 15:5 then I definitely agree with you as our faith in Jesus is our support and so we are the branches to his vine and the plant to his root.

Quote (kerwin @ Dec. 08 2010,15:58)
    Betweenchristendomandjws,

If you are referring to John 15:5 then I definitely agree with you as our faith in Jesus is our support and so we are the branches to his vine and the plant to his root.

15 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. 2 Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit. 3 YOU are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to YOU. 4 Remain in union with me, and I in union with YOU. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can YOU, unless YOU remain in union with me. 5 I am the vine, YOU are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; because apart from me YOU can do nothing at all.

:D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account