Ronald Weinland: 2008 God's Final Witness

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,757 total)
  • Author

Quote (discipleelohim @ Feb. 24 2008,12:17)

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 24 2008,10:57)

Quote (Broncs453 @ Feb. 24 2008,10:51)
    There is nothing for us to “apologize” for, sorry.

If Ron is wrong, then you should apologize for promoting his error.

Sorry but when a person promotes error and discovers it is error, they should apologize for any damage that they may have caused.

It is totally reasonable to apologize when you make a mistake.

It is called repentance.

If Ron is wrong then he can only by definition be a false prophet.

Broncs said it all.

So no, I am not apologizing.

Are you a laywer of something? Are you going to seek punitive damages? lol

Peace and chicken grease

Peace and chicken greace. You all come on here and throw your weight around and want us to belief what you are saying is true? Not only that given a wonderful person bull. t8 is the owner of this website and deserves more respect then that. Shame on you guys. And if Mr. Weinland will be wrong in His assessment of the end times, He will need to apologize to all of you too.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

WaterAmerican
    Participant

Hi rkay101… that's really quite a relief for me to hear someone say something like that. I'm kind of in a similar situation like you are; have been called almost 11 months ago now, believed in the books instantly, answered a lot of questions I've always wondered about (life, purpose, end times, etc.), but I wasn't even able to begin keeping the Sabbath until September last year because of external factors (people around me, obligations, parents, etc.)… That kind of drove me mad the entire time, especially since Ron always emphasized that God does not keep the door open forever. And now, even though I'm obeying things like the Sabbath and other physical commands, it kind of feels like I'm not really following God's way fully either. I'm not being honest with people sometimes, haven't told anyone around me about my beliefs, and if I hadn't been quite lucky in the sense of situations not coming up for the last couple of months, I probably would have compromised with God's way a number of times… Kinda kept me wondering how long God would keep working with me like this, and it still does. So I searched the internet and found this ATS thread, and now this one. It definitely helps, but, like you, I hope God can continue drawing me even though my response seems to be pathetic a lot of the time.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 24 2008,13:02)
    Peace and chicken greace. You all come on here and throw your weight around and want us to belief what you are saying is true? Not only that given a wonderful person bull. t8 is the owner of this website and deserves more respect then that. Shame on you guys. And if Mr. Weinland will be wrong in His assessment of the end times, He will need to apologize to all of you too.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace and chicken grease was just a “fun” closing statement.

Simply having fun.

Respect? I am sorry if that offended you or anyone else. That is not my intentions. It's obvious you don't like the topic of discussion. It seems to repulse you so much that you blatently tell people not to give RW money and several other things you are stressing to discredit RW. You don't see me or any of the other Brethren trying to put you or anyone in their place by throwing weight around. It seems to me that you have issues with your past relationship with the WCG and the fact that Ron was also a part of that church that was spewed out of Gods mouth.

But there is no disrespect to you or t8 (Heaven) or any others that post here. And again, we are not trying to push our truths upon you or anyone else. We are simply making statements and those seem to be offending you. I will not be ashamed of what I speak.

No one will need to apologize for anything. This is simply a discussion board.

t8 I am sure can handle him/herself. (not sure which sex so no offense there)

I wish you the best and God bless you dear.

Quote (discipleelohim @ Feb. 24 2008,13:16)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 24 2008,13:02)
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Peace and chicken grease was just a “fun” closing statement.

Simply having fun.

Respect? I am sorry if that offended you or anyone else. That is not my intentions. It's obvious you don't like the topic of discussion. It seems to repulse you so much that you blatently tell people not to give RW money and several other things you are stressing to discredit RW. You don't see me or any of the other Brethren trying to put you or anyone in their place by throwing weight around. It seems to me that you have issues with your past relationship with the WCG and the fact that Ron was also a part of that church that was spewed out of Gods mouth.

But there is no disrespect to you or t8 (Heaven) or any others that post here. And again, we are not trying to push our truths upon you or anyone else. We are simply making statements and those seem to be offending you. I will not be ashamed of what I speak.

No one will need to apologize for anything. This is simply a discussion board.

t8 I am sure can handle him/herself. (not sure which sex so no offense there)

I wish you the best and God bless you dear.

You can do what you want to. I thought you would like to know where He spends your money on. I don't care what He does. What I do care about how you all come on here and try to take over with speaking among each of you guys and ignoring other Christians. This website is not for fellowshipping it is for debating. I had to find that out myself sometime ago now.
    Like I said before time will tell. Until then I hope that you respect those that have been here much longer then you have.
    Fun is one thing, having fun at the expense of another is something else. Since my signature is Peace and Love.
    t8 is a Gentleman. The Church that was spewed out of God's mouth? Is that what Mr. Weinlamd says? Mr. Armstrong died and so did His Church, since it had many errors to begin with. But I also belief that God was in the Church at the time. We were Baptized by that Minister and received God's Holy Spirit.
    I for one can tell you many examples that proves that.
    One more thing spanning is not aloud. If you are not trying to push your truth's on us why do it then. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

To be honest, I think the PKG folks were looking for a place to “fellowship” online where they would not be banned. So in some ways, we are “intruders” in their thread because they have really not ventured outside of this thread.

Still, to come to another board that is not their own and bring the ideas they do is a form of advertising, so they should not be offended if many are not buying the product.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To discipleelohim .

What happens when Christians predict the end of the world or the Tribulation and it doesn't come to pass. It discredits the bible, prophecy, the gospel, and believers, in the minds of many especially the world. Also some Christians who are weak in faith see such and fall thinking that it is all hocus pocus.

If you want to see what the month of May could be like, visit this discussion. They had a leader who predicted that Nuclear War was going to happen in 2006. I wonder how many of those followers were disillusioned with belief in God altogether after this?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=1181

Inevitably, crack pot predictions that do not come to pass do nothing for the cause of the Kingdom. Can you not see the enemy's strategy in all this?

So given that, a general apology for promoting false prophecy and an apology to anyone who may have been affected would be good around the month of May.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 24 2008,13:58)
    To be honest, I think the PKG folks were looking for a place to “fellowship” online where they would not be banned. So in some ways, we are “intruders” in their thread because they have really not ventured outside of this thread.

Still, to come to another board that is not their own and bring the ideas they do is a form of advertising, so they should not be offended if many are not buying the product.

You are absolutely correct. We did come here so we wouldn't be banned and we could have fellowship. Of course there will be debate. We are thankful for t8 (heaven) to allow us to keep this thread.

I personally haven't wantered (too much) because what my mind has been opened to I can't think about anything else. I can't focus at my job, I can't have normal relationships with my friends, my family thinks I am nuts. The only ones who understand me are those who have been drawn by God.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

It has taken control of my life. I have surrendered myself. What can I say??? I can only seem to speak of what I have been given. And I say it with no intention of offending or disrespecting anyone. Sometimes my conviction may be too forthcoming.

-Late

rkay101
    Participant

You don't have to wait long to see whether Ron is right or not! And if you truley are interested in what he has to say, then i suggest you read his books, listen to the interviews, and listen to the sermons. It's all free! After reading and listening to everthing, you still have a choice. You can either believe what he has to say, or ignore everything. It's as simple as that.

Hi WaterAmerican, I'm glad i'm also not the only one in this situation. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same. I'm sure eventually (sooner then later) we'll repent completely.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 24 2008,14:00)

Hey t8

I would have to agree with you. There have been so many crack pot predictions so why would anyone believe RWs message? The past failed predictions will and has created deception in mankind so much that mankind can't distinguish a false prophet from a true prophet of God.

So it will clearly be a matter of time that reveals whether RW is or not. I am 100% convicted to the message he brings to the table. I will give into your request. “If” RW is false I will apologize to everyone with a picture of myself so everyone can see the very person who was deceived. I will also probably find an ostrich and bury my head into the sand beside it. However, I will not in May. From the information I have been given, by February 1st of 2009. “If” we have a new President in office I will do the above mentioned. However, when RWs prophecies do come true, will you grab your books (Bible, Prophesied End-Time, and 2008 God’s Final Witness), repent of your old teachings, turn to God, find an Elder, and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ? All while obtaining the very conviction I have now? 

With all due respect we do appreciate you allowing us to use your website for fellowship and obviously debate. It is very kind of you and you have a great portal here.

Thank you

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 24 2008,14:00)
    To discipleelohim .

What happens when Christians predict the end of the world or the Tribulation and it doesn't come to pass. It discredits the bible, prophecy, the gospel, and believers, in the minds of many especially the world. Also some Christians who are weak in faith see such and fall thinking that it is all hocus pocus.

If you want to see what the month of May could be like, visit this discussion. They had a leader who predicted that Nuclear War was going to happen in 2006. I wonder how many of those followers were disillusioned with belief in God altogether after this?

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=1181

Inevitably, crack pot predictions that do not come to pass do nothing for the cause of the Kingdom. Can you not see the enemy's strategy in all this?

So given that, a general apology for promoting false prophecy and an apology to anyone who may have been affected would be good around the month of May.

For an example of what I am talking about look at the comments under this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK36gJH0PHI

After reading them, do you think this guy has done no damage to the purposes of the Kingdom?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (discipleelohim @ Feb. 24 2008,14:34)

t8,Feb. wrote:

[/quote]
    Hey t8

I would have to agree with you. There have been so many crack pot predictions so why would anyone believe RWs message? The past failed predictions will and has created deception in mankind so much that mankind can't distinguish a false prophet from a true prophet of God.

So it will clearly be a matter of time that reveals whether RW is or not. I am 100% convicted to the message he brings to the table. I will give into your request. “If” RW is false I will apologize to everyone with a picture of myself so everyone can see the very person who was deceived. I will also probably find an ostrich and bury my head into the sand beside it. However, I will not in May. From the information I have been given, by February 1st of 2009. “If” we have a new President in office I will do the above mentioned. However, when RWs prophecies do come true, will you grab your books (Bible, Prophesied End-Time, and 2008 God’s Final Witness), repent of your old teachings, turn to God, find an Elder, and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ? All while obtaining the very conviction I have now? 

With all due respect we do appreciate you allowing us to use your website for fellowship and obviously debate. It is very kind of you and you have a great portal here.

Thank you

Hey that is good discipleelohim.

An apology in May would help toward repairing any damage that these predictions have done if they do not come to pass.

Don't worry about the photo, it is not about shaming you, just trying to make amends if the message is false and teaching a lesson to anyone else who comes here that we need to be accountable to others regarding what we say and promote.

Broncs453
    Participant

t8 – All I have to say is I went to that link you posted and watched that video, and I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. Not so much the video, the guy has some basic concepts right but the voice, like a younger Pat Robertson after a whole pot of coffee, was so annoying. What was funny was the comments…I was laughing so hard I was almost crying…I had to stop reading them my stomach hurt from laughing….

Not to slam anybody else's beliefs, but yeah I agree that kind of stuff really puts the whole “end-time” prophesy business in a bad light. Don't have much to say about that but yeah he was obviously wrong.

Bretheren if you ever need cheering up watch that vid then read the comments….

Maybe I have a twisted sense of humor but that was really hard to take seriously

Peace,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes it definitely has a comedic side to it. The Spinal tap of prophecy.

discipleelohim
    Participant

Quote (Broncs453 @ Feb. 24 2008,15:22)

Good grief. I hope no one took this guy seriously…

Proclaimer
    Participant

Of course he had his followers. Some or one of them came here promoting yahweh.com. Eventually I said to one of them in these forums “are you saying that yahweh.com has the exclusive truth” and his answer was pretty much yes from what I can remember.

There was a Youtube video from his followers too. It had footage of them going around the streets saying “Did you know that nuclear war will start…”. Got to feel sorry for them now because imagine how they feel. I hope that they can hold onto what is good and true in spite of being led down the garden path.

This kind of thing affects people and surely makes some more skeptical of the gospel which plays into the enemies plan.

Now it looks like a repeat. Different messenger but same thing.

WeAreOne
    Participant

Hi all brethren,

It is so good to see all of you posting here; you have all done a fantastic job of answering peoples doubts and fears thus far. I cannot believe the thread has already reached 26 pages; I guess Ronald is a hot topic where ever we go. :p

Anyway it is late here and I just wanted to say hi to you all.
    I hope you all had a great Sabbath day.

Peace all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Nothing should distract anyone from the most important call in the bible.
    Seek Ye First The Kingdom of God.

Anonymous

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 24 2008,11:43)
    RW keeps speaking of the OT showing the the Messiah will come and die and be resurrected, but he never once showed an OT reference that showed that the Messiah would die and be resurrected. Sorry, but that is not in there. After that point I could not take the book seriously. If RW misapplies OT passages I cannot expect him to do a better job with Revelation.

Hi kejonn, I been reading your posts trying to discredit what Ron has to say in his books, but so far have seen nothing but petty personal attacks. Now you say you could not take Ron's book seriously because there was no OT passages saying that Christ would come, die, and rise again, but that is incorrect. For one, the Apostle Peter pointed out…

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
    23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
    24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
    25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
    26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
    27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
    29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.
    30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
    33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
    34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
    35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
    36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Here Peter is quoting prophecies from the Old Testament.

PSALMS 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
    9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
    10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalms 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

I also noticed somebody else point out…

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

I also used to look at this scripture and wonder how people could set a date, but as it was pointed out to me, at the time Jesus was asked the question, he nor the angels did know when his second coming would be. But since it is Jesus who opens the seals, at some point he is going to know. Also he knows how long the tribulation lasts, and he knows he returns at the end of it, so he most definately knows. Also we have to keep other scriptures in mind…

1THESSALONIANS 5
    1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

AMOS 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

God bless you all.

gnipp gnopp
    Participant

Hi doctorex
    Welcome to the party!

I have a quick question. When that TV show/documentary is finished and airs over there, will you be able to record it?

I now return you to regular scheduled posting.

-Later

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings Kejonn…..I have been reading your thread on the trinity true or false….Iam catholic school educated and has since been excommunicated in the early 70s because I married a Jewish Women…Let me thank you for the invitation to post on the trinity thread….As soon as I tax my memory suffiently so as to recall my early education we will speak..

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account