Ronald Weinland: 2008 God's Final Witness

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,757 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Sorry, just found this post in this thread:

A of P is my wife. I didn't realize she was logged in. lol

So that last post was mine.
    -discipleelohim

david
    Participant

OK, so AOP and DE, do you have any more family on this thread: Bronx or gnipp gnopp for example?

I just felt someone mislead on the first page of this thread where you two were agreeing with each other as though you didn't know one another.

david
    Participant

DE or AOP, I have a question that I think was asked to you on that other site:

“If this is Gods word through Ron, why does he even speculate he could be a false prophet?

Your response was:
    “You are speculating Ron is false. Ron is not speculating. His message is True. He has. You cannot see nor hear… “

But that's the point. IF his message is true, why even consider these things may not happen?

If it doesn't come to pass…starting in April, then I'm nothing but a false prophet..
    or
    The reality is if it doesn't happen, then you're just false…I'll acknowledge my error, my wrong, if I'm wrong…–Ronald Weinland Interview on The Edge Radio on December 15, 2007

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Anticipation of Peace.

Quote (Anticipation of Peace @ Feb. 22 2008,23:26)
    t8, what will you do if these things happen?

I will say well it happened at the time you said it happened and be thankful that I love and trust God.

But will you apologise if it doesn't happen?

To me this is important because I want to know if you will be accountable for what you have preached here, if it doesn't happen.

Will you apologise to all who you have preached this message to, or will you just quietly leave?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 23 2008,17:13)
    OK, so AOP and DE, do you have any more family on this thread: Bronx or gnipp gnopp for example?

I just felt someone mislead on the first page of this thread where you two were agreeing with each other as though you didn't know one another.

Yes I felt that too.

Like trying to create a buzz and hope that others listening will be carried away in the hype.

Quote (david @ Feb. 23 2008,16:48)
    In another website, Anticipation of Peace, I noticed you signed some of your posts as: Discipleelohim.
    This confused me and made me think that maybe you were DE.

Then, I read this statement from you on that site:
    “The second thing that has been most amazing for me, is that all the brethren has taken my husband (DE) and myself under their wings so to speak.”
    http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread317948/pg42

Also: “After that sermon DE and I went up to Winnipeg.”–AOP

AOP, I'm just a bit confused and was wondering what your relationship is with Discipleelohim.  You two definitely know each other and often post within minutes of each other.

I might be completely wrong, and maybe you're not even the same group, but you seem to be.

The other website you were on, stopped your posting because you posted in “Forum Gangs” their rule being: “You will not engaged in an organized collaboration.”

I don't know whether you were doing that or not or are doing it here (no rule against it here) but it just seems a bit of a dishonest approach if that is true.  Is it?

david

Hello David.

DE is my husband. And no we are not “ganging up”. There are times were are in the same location so we don't realize who is signed in and we post, and then we clarify. Simple as that. Other times when we are not together (at work) we post seperately.

We are however of one mind, just as all the brethren.

Also, to answer your question about the thunders, they are in 2008-God's Final Witness Chapter 4. He also mentions them in sermons and Interviews.

We are not trying to preach to anyone. DE created this forum mostly for fellow brethren. IE bronx, gnipp, onebody, etc so we could talk about things with each other and continue to learn from each other. To discuss sermons and insights. Simple as that. Anyone else who came along and saw this, if they had questions, we could answer them.

RW saying that if these things don't come to pass, that he is a false prophet. The reason for saying that is found in his interviews. He has been asked “What if these things don't come to pass?” He has replied simply that “he is a false prophet and that is that.”

Also, as far as me, although I believe whole heartedly that these things will come to pass as I have everything I need to believe that this will…. I don't know what I will do if they don't. But I'm not worried. I don't care to speculate on those matters as again, I have complete resolve that these will take place in the time frame Ron says. I 100% believe that God is working thru RW. I have met him, his wife, and fellow brethren and I don't know any other people who are as genuine and open hearted as them. And everyone here as well (broncs,gnipp) all of them have opened their hearts and has treated us like family. I don't know anywhere else in the world that has that feeling.

The best way to describe all of this was said by my husband. It's like a light switch. If you get it, it flips on and everything makes sense. If you don't, it stays off. But I don't know anyone who has sat down to read the book open minded and open hearted to really consider the things being said that didn't get it. And then suddenly you can't stop reading and gaining as much information as you can.

I'm still a student and this is the best stuff I've ever learned and fully understood.

God Bless everyone on this wonderful Sabbath!

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 23 2008,19:59)
    To Anticipation of Peace.

Quote (Anticipation of Peace @ Feb. 22 2008,23:26)
    t8, what will you do if these things happen?

I will say well it happened at the time you said it happened and be thankful that I love and trust God.

But will you apologise if it doesn't happen?

To me this is important because I want to know if you will be accountable for what you have preached here, if it doesn't happen.

Will you apologise to all who you have preached this message to, or will you just quietly leave?

That's really got me thinking. Not because I'm speculating but because I'm starting to wonder how many ministers in “traditional christianity” will apologize for teaching the wrong things. If these things come to pass, will you demand an apology from them?

I doubt it because they will claim they too were decieved. And that they are. So we can't blame them because they are deceived.

If you really want your answers for why there are so many religions in this world that are “all right” according to each of them, I suggest reading 2008. The reason we keep pressing those books is because it frankly for me explains a lot of things in lamens terms which in turn leads me to the Bible which suddenly is more clear then ever. There are so many interpretations by bible scholars and ministers and everyone. But do you ever stop to really ask yourself how can they all be right. It explains how the first 2 churches came about and when suddenly we had thousands of splinters from them. Read and you will see….

If you look into the true history of the Bible and all that we have been given, the answers are there, they just aren't clear. The reason the Bible is such a mystery is because a lot of it wasn't meant for the time it was written. God didn't want it to be fully understood until the time He chose for it to be clear.

But as we have entered into these end times God is making it more and more clear. Our interpretations of the Bible are nothing… only He can give us the true interpretations. There is so much given to us but when God draws you, only then can you see the Truth.

The OT law was never done away with!

And in Matthew Christ says he has come to “fulfill” not do away with what God gave to Moses. That alone tells me we weren't ment to change anything. However, man changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday – the worship of Baal. And there are so many other things too. God sanctified the Sabbath day (Saturday) which means to set apart. That WHOLE day was meant for him. Our appointment with Him… not an hour or 2.

And since I have been observing the proper Sabbath, I have found total relaxation and more and more understanding because I am keeping my appointment with Him!

We choose to do what we want for the first 6 days and He gets us for the 7th day. Why I don't understand anymore is that so difficult for mankind to see and understand. They say what's the big deal, but I say, what's the big deal doing it right?

stosh64
    Participant

OK.  So RW is Gods witness,  which means his word is beyond reproach.
    RW states in his booklet titled “Time Has Run Out”,

“To deny that Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong was the Elijah to come before the end-time is either ignorant or willing denial of what is true concerning our history and what God did through him. It is God who restored necessary truth to the Church so that a people would be ready for the second-coming of Jesus Christ.”

OK,  so Armstrong was also sent by God,  according to Gods witness RW.
    So as stated by RW,  Armstrongs teachings should be infallable also.
    Here are a few predictions by Armstrong that didnt exactly “pan out”

A prophecy about Mussolini:
    “Undoubtedly, then, the “Beast” who will capture half the city of Jerusalem, fighting at Armageddon against Christ at his Second Coming, is MUSSOLINI, with ten European Dictators, and their armies! It is coming in This Generation!”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, January 1939, p. 4

A prophecy about Hitler:
    “And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against – against whom? Not Britain and America! Not Israel – against Him that sat on the horse and His army (Rev. 19:19.) It is Christ and the Angels that Hitler will fight.”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, March/April 1943, p. 6

A prophecy about the second coming of Christ and the destruction of the United States:
    “Jeremiah's prophecy is more specific. It is the beginning of the national trouble to come on America, the British nations, and the democracies of north-western Europe! And, as both Jeremiah and Jesus were inspired to record – and also the prophet Daniel – it will be the most catastrophic time of national trouble that has ever struck any nation or ever will! Here is exactly how catastrophic it will be: one third of our entire population will die in the famine and disease epidemic!”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, 1975 In Prophecy, p. 11

“But all these things, as Jesus explained, are to be only the beginning of our time of national trouble. “Once we are weakened by starvation, disease and the resulting calamitous economic depression, the Ten-Nation European Colossus will suddenly strike with hydrogen bombs that shall destroy our cities and our centers of industrial and military production!”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, 1975 In Prophecy, p. 13

If you want more FALSE prophecies by Armostrong,  just do a search,  the “truth” is out there,  as the RW disciples say.

One error by a prophet of God is one too many I`m afraid.

gnipp gnopp
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 23 2008,17:13)

Hi. No I'm not under their roof and they are not under mine. I'm also not a figure of their imagination. Nor are they of mine. Thanks for thinking so.

Trust me this is not some elaborate scheme by somebody to make you and others here think there is a group of people posting and that you need to read this book so that you'll be brained washed and send all your money, buy guns, drink kool aid, hop a comet (or whatever the latest fad is) all the while one person gets rich. If you'll be truly honest with yourself, you'll agree, your not worth such a grand scheme.

Because of your comment I'm guessing that it is rare for you to come across people that are of one mind. (I find it quite interesting that you did some 'research' on these folks.) I think you'll see that if you go back thru the thread you'll see different personalities and interests in the posts (remember one thing the Mods repeatedly said was about being off topic).

A friend of mine at work and I started to discuss our religious beliefs (before either of the books were written). He was curious of mine since they were so different from the catholic way and because I was so convicted. At one point he went and randomly picked sermons on the website and listened to some (I didn't know this).

He eventually told me that he felt that he could have been talking to Ron. I used different words but said the same thing. That's when I realized that people don't come across that kind of unity very often.

It's a shame because in John, at the passover Christ spoke about having that kind of unity and relationships (which these new members will hear at their first Christian Passover this year).

Any ways thanks for noticing and put those fears to rest. :laugh:

-Enjoy

kejonn
    Participant

From RW's first book

Cartoonists, and even some who have fancied themselves prophets of God, have used signs warning “The End Is Here!”

What an ironic statement for someone who claims to be a prophet of God :;):.

gnipp gnopp
    Participant

Quote (stosh64 @ Feb. 24 2008,03:04)
    OK. So RW is Gods witness, which means his word is beyond reproach.

“To deny that Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong was the Elijah to come before the end-time is either ignorant or willing denial of what is true concerning our history and what God did through him. It is God who restored necessary truth to the Church so that a people would be ready for the second-coming of Jesus Christ.”

Stosh
    You must have some deep bitterness to search out, sign up and throw down the same post (makes you seem like your getting a little lazy). :laugh:

Again, you read over things too quickly and begin to misinterpret (or say things that aren't said). The key word is necessary. You put words in Ron's mouth with infallible (exempt from liability to error, as persons, their judgment, or pronouncements. I take it this is the meaning you wish to imply). The catholics teach that about the popes (I think). Nobody in PKG teaches that anyone is infallible. I will also reiterate the previous answer of HWA wasn't a prophet.

-Enjoy

WaterAmerican
    Participant

That's correct, but Mr. Armstrong was not a prophet.

gnipp gnopp
    Participant

Hey WaterAmerican
    You got it!
    Was just getting off to go get ready. Saw your post and had to say hi!

Hi.

-Enjoy

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings kejonn…..Forgive my untimely response to yesterdays forum,Wouldn,t you think it presumptous to say that COG bretheren are basing their belief system on the teachings of a man….
    RW undoubtably is a man who is preaching as his heart is directing him…My question to you would be “How do you decern humanly ambition from devine inspiration?”
    I look at NOAH and see a much malighned fanatic.( UNTIL IT STARTED TO RAIN)

stosh64
    Participant

Quote (WaterAmerican @ Feb. 24 2008,03:53)

That's correct, but Mr. Armstrong was not a prophet.

To re-quote Mr Weinland…

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”
    —Malachi 4:5-6

BTW gnipp.  I believe if you re-read that thread,  you will see I never posted on the subject of Elijah.  I believe arrogance and ignorance spew from the rw disciples posts.  There is no hate from myself towards you,  or any of the weinland followers.  I simply try to show that he may not be the “chosen” one you believe him to be.  We all want nothing more than the truth.
    In Christ,
    Stosh

OK.  So RW is Gods witness,  which means his word is beyond reproach.

OK,  so Armstrong was also sent by God,  according to Gods witness RW.
    So as stated by RW,  Armstrongs teachings should be infallable also.
    Here are a few predictions by Armstrong that didnt exactly “pan out”

A prophecy about Mussolini:
    “Undoubtedly, then, the “Beast” who will capture half the city of Jerusalem, fighting at Armageddon against Christ at his Second Coming, is MUSSOLINI, with ten European Dictators, and their armies! It is coming in This Generation!”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, January 1939, p. 4

A prophecy about Hitler:
    “And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against – against whom? Not Britain and America! Not Israel – against Him that sat on the horse and His army (Rev. 19:19.) It is Christ and the Angels that Hitler will fight.”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, The Plain Truth, March/April 1943, p. 6

A prophecy about the second coming of Christ and the destruction of the United States:
    “Jeremiah's prophecy is more specific. It is the beginning of the national trouble to come on America, the British nations, and the democracies of north-western Europe! And, as both Jeremiah and Jesus were inspired to record – and also the prophet Daniel – it will be the most catastrophic time of national trouble that has ever struck any nation or ever will! Here is exactly how catastrophic it will be: one third of our entire population will die in the famine and disease epidemic!”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, 1975 In Prophecy, p. 11

“But all these things, as Jesus explained, are to be only the beginning of our time of national trouble. “Once we are weakened by starvation, disease and the resulting calamitous economic depression, the Ten-Nation European Colossus will suddenly strike with hydrogen bombs that shall destroy our cities and our centers of industrial and military production!”
    Herbert W. Armstrong, 1975 In Prophecy, p. 13

If you want more FALSE prophecies by Armostrong,  just do a search,  the “truth” is out there,  as the RW disciples say.

You are correct. But what you're failing to see is that Herbert W. Armstrong was NOT a prophet. He was the end time disciple! Therefore what he was given, he misinterpreted it as he was NOT a prophet. RW is a prophet.

Here is a better way to understand it. Joseph was sent to pave the way for Christ, before he was born. HWA was sent to pave the way for the 2nd coming of Christ. Now, Ron has been sent as a prophet to tell us of it so we can prepare. A good, simple equivelant would be Jonah when he was sent to warn the city of what was to come.

That explains that….

Wow, guess I should have kept reading! Hi gnipp – happy sabbath! hi theodorej again.. WaterAmerican, hello! Do I know you? Are you fellow brethren?

Oh and gnipp, I'm really looking forward to passover. I'm learning as much as I can prior… how are you?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account