Revelation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 178 total)
  • Author
    Rudy
    Participant

1 Thessolonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

When Christ comes to destroy the “man of sin”, the world will have gone through the most terrible outpouring of God's wrath upon rebellious man. We are not appointed to wrath. We are appointed to salvation from wrath, we have already had the price of sin paid for us, the wrath of and judgement for sin having been laid upon Christ. Those who accept the free gift are exempt from the outpouring of the wrath of God.
    Matt 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

In the days of Noah, they were partying it up. They didnot believe the wrath (flood) that was prophesied would come. Noah and his family are a type of the church (true believers, not the ones playing) and the Arc is a type of Christ. We will be saved from the wrath, we will not experience it.

Note that two will be working, one taken, one left. When Christ comes in Rev. 19:11-21, I seriously doubt anyone will be working, they won't be getting married and partying it up either. The world will have gone through the worst period of turmoil imaginable. Millions upon millions will be dead, the people will be in utter despair. That unless those days were shortened, no flesh will survive.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 17 2005,00:50)
    1 Thessolonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober. 7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

When Christ comes to destroy the “man of sin”, the world will have gone through the most terrible outpouring of God's wrath upon rebellious man.  We are not appointed to wrath.  We are appointed to salvation from wrath, we have already had the price of sin paid for us, the wrath of and judgement for sin having been laid upon Christ.  Those who accept the free gift are exempt from the outpouring of the wrath of God.
    Matt 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. 42 Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

In the days of Noah, they were partying it up.  They didnot believe the wrath (flood) that was prophesied would come.  Noah and his family are a type of the church (true believers, not the ones playing) and the Arc is a type of Christ.  We will be saved from the wrath, we will not experience it.

Note that two will be working, one taken, one left.  When Christ comes in Rev. 19:11-21, I seriously doubt anyone will be working, they won't be getting married and partying it up either.  The world will have gone through the worst period of turmoil imaginable.  Millions upon millions will be dead, the people will be in utter despair.  That unless those days were shortened, no flesh will survive.

Good stuff Rudy,
    We should be aware of the times and prepared.
    We should have our craft watertight by now.

But does not the wrath of God only begin half way through the tribulation? Till that time I believe many will still be able to live it up and life will retain a semblance of normality. People will say “peace and security” have arrived.

Noah was able to see the wrath of God from his craft, which Peter tells us is a type of Baptism. Will we too be able to see the destruction?

Those that were taken while some were left were at work alongside the saved. Does that mean they are working in the vineyard but without the Spirit? Is this referring to the church and not the world?

Rudy
    Participant

We know that the two witnesses occupy the first half of the tribulation prophecying the breaking of the seals to the whole world, Seal three is famine, and the first power mentioned in Rev 11:6 of the witnesses.

By the sixth seal the souls of the martyrs under the altar have their number completed having come out of “The Great Tribulation”. This indicates great persecution of those who were left working while the others were taken Matt 24:40-41

Rev 11:7 The beast ascends out of the bottomless pit to war against the two witnesses and kill them, this I believe corresponds the desolation and also to Rev. 12:13 which shortly follows.

So by Seal two it appears the anti-christ is already beginning to slay those that repent at the preaching of the two witnesses and the 144,000.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Rudy,
    I am unsure if the first 5 seals have not already been broken in the last 100 years. We have certainly seen many of those things happen. If so then we are already at the sixth seal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 17 2005,01:55)
    We know that the two witnesses occupy the first half of the tribulation prophecying the breaking of the seals to the whole world, Seal three is famine, and the first power mentioned in Rev 11:6 of the witnesses.

By the sixth seal the souls of the martyrs under the altar have their number completed having come out of “The Great Tribulation”.  This indicates great persecution of those who were left working while the others were taken Matt 24:40-41

Rev 11:7 The beast ascends out of the bottomless pit to war against the two witnesses and kill them, this I believe corresponds the desolation and also to Rev. 12:13 which shortly follows.

So by Seal two it appears the anti-christ is already beginning to slay those that repent at the preaching of the two witnesses and the 144,000.

Hi Rudy,
    Perhaps I should have said the first four seals. Anyway those under the altar were told they still had to wait awhile.

If they are a separate group from those murdered during the tribulation then they must include the raptured surely?

Rudy
    Participant

The raptured are promised a glorified body, to be changed in the “twinkling of an eye”, so it is not possible that we would be naked, unclothed, or disembodied, waiting on our heavenly tabernacle.

NickHassan
    Participant

true.Thank you for the reminder.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 17 2005,01:55)

By the sixth seal the souls of the martyrs under the altar have their number completed having come out of “The Great Tribulation”.  This indicates great persecution of those who were left working while the others were taken Matt 24:40-41

Hi Rudy,
    I agree that the events descibed in Revelation may not be sequential but simultaneous in another simile. So one thing at a time:
    Ok Rev 9 1-2 may well be Satan represented as a star and shown again in 12.9 and 12.13.
    Rev 7.14\, part of the sixth seal, shows those who have come out of the tribulation but the events in detail of that tribulation are yet to be detailed. The witnesses are yet to appear and they do so in the first half of that tribulation in Rev 11.
    Rev 6.12 may be shown again in 8.12.

Lets keep working on it.

NickHassan
    Participant

A thought Rudy,
    Dan 12.9
    “And he said 'Go your way Daniel, for these words are concealed and SEALED UP until the end time”You might have said this but could the breaking of the SEALS in Revelation be unsealing of hidden prophecy?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2005,00:46)
    A thought Rudy,
    Dan 12.9
    “And he said  'Go your way Daniel, for these words are concealed and SEALED UP until the end time”You might have said this but could the breaking of the SEALS in Revelation be unsealing of hidden prophecy?

Could be, but I would imagine that it would be something that God reveals in his time, not ours. Otherwise if it were simply a matter of revealing it from scripture, then it could have been done before the time of the end or the right time.

However it is certainly a noble thing to do to seek the meaning and it says in Revelation that blessed is he who understands the prophecy.

It could also be that we can know the meaning but not the specifics. E.g., people knew that God was to send a messiah to save his people from reading scripture, but no one knew it was Jesus until he was born and started talking to the people and doing miracles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8
    Rev 5.3
    ” And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth WAS ABLE TO OPEN THE BOOK OR LOOK INTO IT. Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it. And one of the elders said to me
    'Stop weeping;behold the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David , has overcome so as to open the book and it's seven seals'”
    v9
    “.. Worthy are you to take the book and to BREAK it's seals”

And the Lamb continued on to break all the seals.

I find it attractive to believe that the book was unable to be read. It had seals that prevented it being opened and understood. that sounds like hidden prophecy to me but perhaps I am wrong?

If it is right then could it be that only in the latter days will this book truly be opened and fully understood?

Rudy
    Participant

The Scroll is the title deed to the earth.  The following gives you an understanding of the entire situation.  You must read the entire story to understand it.

Jeremiah 32:10 And I subscribed the evidence, and sealed it, and took witnesses, and weighed him the money in the balances. 11 So I took the evidence of the purchase, both that which was sealed according to the law and custom, and that which was open: 12 And I gave the evidence of the purchase unto Baruch the son of Neriah, the son of Maaseiah, in the sight of Hanameel mine uncle's son, and in the presence of the witnesses that subscribed the book of the purchase, before all the Jews that sat in the court of the prison. 13 And I charged Baruch before them, saying, 14 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Take these evidences, this evidence of the purchase, both which is sealed, and this evidence which is open; and put them in an earthen vessel, that they may continue many days. 15 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Houses and fields and vineyards shall be possessed again in this land.

Anonymous

I think the scroll could very well be the book of life. It was the Lambs blood that bought and paid for every name there in. It is only by the opening of this scroll and the Lord reading the names and calling forth the righteous from the graves that the resurrection occurs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Rudy @ April 18 2005,12:02)
    The Scroll is the title deed to the earth.  The following gives you an understanding of the entire situation.  You must read the entire story to understand it.

Jeremiah 32:10 And I subscribed the evidence, and sealed it, and took witnesses, and weighed him the money in the balances. 11 So I took the evidence of the purchase, both that which was sealed according to the law and custom, and that which was open: 12 And I gave the evidence of the purchase unto Baruch the son of Neriah, the son of Maaseiah, in the sight of Hanameel mine uncle's son, and in the presence of the witnesses that subscribed the book of the purchase, before all the Jews that sat in the court of the prison. 13 And I charged Baruch before them, saying, 14 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Take these evidences, this evidence of the purchase, both which is sealed, and this evidence which is open; and put them in an earthen vessel, that they may continue many days. 15 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Houses and fields and vineyards shall be possessed again in this land.

Hi Rudy,
    So Jeremiah bought the land as a sign that the Israelites would return to their land after the overthrow by the Chaldeans? Or am I misreading it. There were two copies of the deed of purchase, one containing the terms of sale, which was sealed, and one unsealed?
    So how does that relate to the scroll, the book within a book?

Anonymous

Is the last trumpet of I Corinthians 15:52 the same as the 7th trumpet of Rev.11:15? I am curious of other opinions of why or why not.

Rudy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2005,23:53)
    Hi Rudy,
    So Jeremiah bought the land as a sign that the Israelites would return to their land after the overthrow by the Chaldeans? Or am I misreading it. There were two copies of the deed of purchase, one containing the terms of sale, which was sealed, and one unsealed?
    So how does that relate to the scroll, the book within a book?

The Scrolls were the “Title Deed” of the land that was purchased.  The Isrealites were to reinhabit the land and the Deed was the Proof of Ownership.  Two copies were made incase one was lost.

Just as in today, a receipt is required for proof of ownership.  A Deed is Required for Proof of Right to posess.

The Scroll that Christ receives is from the Father because the Father owns all of Creation.  He gives it to the Son because of His obedience and purchase price (redemption) by His blood.  That is why Yeshua ALONE can take it from the Father.  He prevailed to pay the price as the Lamb of God and redeem us & creation from the curse back to the Father!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ April 19 2005,11:33)
    Is the last trumpet of I Corinthians 15:52 the same as the 7th trumpet of Rev.11:15?  I am curious of other opinions of why or why not.

It has to be greg.

Rudy
    Participant

Actually, it doesn't.  Study the Feast of Trumpets!

In every harvest there is a gathering of “firstfruits” which are offered prior to the main harvest!

Anonymous

Hi Rudy,

Would you please explain further. I understand the firstfruits somewhat, but not how they would be used to delineate the last trumpet from the seventh trumpet. If they are not the same trumpet, then would the last trumpet be the eighth? And if it is the eighth, then would it not have been mentioned in the book of revelation?

Greg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Looking at Rev 13 we have the beast and the dragon[Antichrist and Satan].It says everyone on earth whose name is not written in the book of life will worship the beast.

This seems to speak of a different kind of worship from that we would normally expect as heathen rebels are unlikely to bend the knee and worship anyone. So it must be God's judgement as worship-everyone who does not worship God has idols whether they are aware of it or not and somehow they all worship the beast.
    It also means that there still are God's people among them for them to be mentioned here.

Then the second beast [or false prophet] appears who performs great signs and encourages worship of the first beast. He makes men make an image of the first beast, gives life to that image and also insists on human worship of that image.

i would like to understand these matters more. Who can help?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 178 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account