Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This message has never been popular.
    Acts 17
    24God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

33So Paul departed from among them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You said in another thread
    “Nick.
    Acts11:18 …Now, on hearing these things, they are quiet, and glorify God, saying, “Consequently, to the nations also God gives repentance unto life!”

Why ask for something (repentance), when God has already granted it to us? Did Jesus die for nothing? What an insult to God, still asking for something Jesus accomplished at such a great cost. Very ungratefull of you, shame. “

Can you please show us how this grace of repentance is currently manifesting on earth among the heathen gentiles?

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    Gladly, 1.Tim.4:9-11 …10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,
    11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

Any other requests?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    So where is the evidence that repentance HAS BEEN responded to by all the gentiles?
    Seems they are manifesting their satanic father god mainly

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    Search the scripures, it's there.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Truth shows evidence.
    No such evidence here.
    Perhaps you live in paradise?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….if you don't Know that repentance is (GIVEN) by God, you simply are not converted brother. But as the carnal Israelites were taught through the medium of FEAR to be subject to God through the operation of Fear and you are relying on the control fear gives to keep you right with GOD, and are therefor not being moved by to Change by the GRACE of GOD. It's just that simple. True repentance is by the grace of God, False repentance is by the flesh through the medium of FEAR. One requires FAITH, THE OTHER FEAR. Those under fear trust in themselves to repent , those under GRACE trust God that gives them a change of heart to do those thing that are pleasing to him. There is no question about repentance we all need to, the question the way its done, not if it should. By works of Law through the flesh, or Hearing of FAITH, Through the Spirit, one is real and a matter of Change of the heart, the other is only show a product of Pride and self righteousness.

Where do you stand NICK.

love and peace to you and yours……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

So GB,
    Repentance has been granted to gentiles and we saw the result in Acts 10.
    All are now called to repent as the gospel Paul expressed to the Athenians showed.
    God manifests His grace and power among those who do turn to His blessed son for salvation.
    Repentance manifests and God begins works of transformation within and through those who walk.

Grace is granted to the humble.
    Micah 6:8
    He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Repentance and GRACE go Hand in Hand without the one you can't have the other, Repentance is a ongoing process it is not a one time thing and then you get GRACE as you suppose, it's GRACE that causes repentance you have it backwards my friend. The people at the time of Peters speech were (PRICKED IN THERE HEARTS) ask yourself why, it was because the HOLY SPIRIT was CONVICTING THEM, and they said, what Shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of God. You see they were willing to do anything to rectify their state, (THAT WAS REPENTANCE IN THEM) Given by the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, poured out on them. Their repentance was a work of GOD not of themselves. A man will never repent himself without having to keep do it over and over, But those guided BY GOD'S Spirit, (Godly sorrow), are sorrowed unto repentance (NOT) To be Repented of. Why because their hearts have been changed.

Repentance is a matter of the Heart Nick…..not some Flesh decision to try to appear righteous as the Pharisees and the hypocrites do.
    true repentance can only take place in the heart and must be given by GRACE through the convections received by the Present of GODS Spirit in us. True repentance is (NOT) a matter of man , but given by GOD. IMO

Nick you keep trying to put Human effort as the cause of change and are causing people to trust in themselves rather then taking their sins to GOD, who is FAITHFUL to Forgiver us and CLEANSE Us from (ALL) unrighteousness . Believe what written Nick.

love and peace to you and yours………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    No grace ever forces any action by any man.
    It is supplied in sufficiency for those who are called and do respond and will walk.

No forgiveness can be demanded or expected of God.
    The Holy Spirit of God does not enter and work in unclean vessels.

We must cooperate in the purging
    2Tim2
    20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick

Each in their own order – not everyone is given all now, there is a called and chosen (firstfruits) , and also a general harvest ……….. the harvest needs to be prepared, the chaff separated from the wheat – the chaff (flesh/carnal nature) destroyed but the wheat (spirit) saved.

Romans 7:14-25

Paul had the problem of having his carnal nature warring against his mind (intellect) – with his mind he served God, however his carnal nature was in opposition – he had the Spirit of God but was also a carnal man with a body of death. We all have a body of death that is destined for destruction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mk,
    Indeed the flesh is of earth and is unsalvageable.
    No battle between his carnal nature and his mind though.

He battled against sin living and dwelling in him

Rom7
    8But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

There is wheat and chaff but it relates to men and not parts of individual men.
    Matthew 3:12
    Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 3:17
    Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Meerkat………..Amen sister as Jodi would say ,you nailed it girl. Even Jesus said every branch in (ME) the Father takes it away. maybe it the same with us also. We have always seen that as talking about others who are in Christ but maybe Jesus was talking about himself. Interesting, GOD separating the Chaff from the wheat in us to. Good post sis.

love and peace to you and yours…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Repentance shows fruit
    Matthew 3:8
    Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

meerkat
    Participant

Nick,

Read on …….. Romans 7:23

Romans 7:23 (King James Version)

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Anyone can put on a show even the Pharisees did, But true repentance is of the Heart and Must be given by the (ONE)and ONLY TRUE GOD. Never can you by yourself truly repent or change. I knew that over 50 years ago and proved it also. Change is a work of GOD alone, all you will do is get in the way. Trust GOD with your whole Heart and lean not on your own understanding , Ask GOD Nick for repentance and He may give it to you, if your confess and ask in sincerity and truth. May GOD help you to do that brother.

love and peace to you and yours………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Your path seems too strange to follow you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Jan. 21 2009,11:20)
    Nick,

Read on …….. Romans 7:23

Romans 7:23 (King James Version)

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Hi MK,
    Paul had been trasnformed by the renewal of his mind. He had the mind of Christ and was ruled by the law of the Spirit. A fine example of a true follower of Jesus.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….A leopard can't changes it's spot neither can you truly repent of anything by yourself. Being transformed in your mind is what GOD does not you. Paul had the mind of the Spirit by the anointing of GOD, he received from the Father. Your problem is your not acknowledging , That repentance is of GOD, and not of the self. In doing that Nick you become a thief , not acknowledging or giving the FATHER the glory for what he does in our lives. Repentance is a work of GOD not the self Nick. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 21 2009,13:27)
    Nick……….A leopard can't changes it's spot neither can you truly repent of anything by yourself. Being transformed  in your mind is what GOD does not you. Paul had the mind of the Spirit by the anointing of GOD, he received from the Father. Your problem is your not acknowledging , That repentance is of GOD, and not of the self. In doing that Nick you become a thief , not acknowledging or giving the FATHER the glory for what he does in our lives. Repentance is a work of GOD not the self Nick. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………gene

God leads a man to repentance, but He is your helper not a dictator. If a man has a fault and desires to change, God will help that person to change. But if that man is not willing to change, God will not force him to do so.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account