Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 436 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,10:15)
    Hi WJ,
    Jesus was flesh and bones.

Luke 24:39
    Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.  

But now he is risen
    ” …the Lord is the Spirit”

God and God's Son one in the unity of the Spirit.
    We too can join in that unity, but we also never become that God.

NH

The Father and Yeshua has always been “One” in unity of the Spirit.

“The Word was God”.

There is “One Spirit”, not two, the Father and the Son.

The seven Spirits of God are the eyes of Yeshua.

Yes we are also united together with them as “One Body”, by drinking into that “One Spirit”, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, Yeshua being the head because of his manhood.

However, we are “NOT” that Spirit that dwells in everyman as the Lord/Yeshua is that Spirit.
    Not the same unity that Yeshua has with the Father in “being” the Spirit, wouldn't you say? ???

The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and Yeshua, who is the baptiser.

Now you must go and learn what that means. :)

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    God was not the Word.
    The Word was with God.

Hanoch
    Participant

A Spirit Is A Nature
    Before something may be explained, it already IS.
    There are many different spirits; expelling a spirit by God immediately removes the thoughts and works it expresses itself by:
    “'Get behind Me, Satan, for it is written, 'Thou shall worship the Lord thy God and serve Him only!'
    Then Satan left Him…”
    Evil is a nature:
    Of satan, it is written: “…when he lies, he speaks of his own nature…”
    A nature IS: thoughts, words and actions arise from them.
    For instance, there are deaf and dumb spirits, spirits of infirmity, and they produce the results of the natures of which they are.
    There is also the Spirit of God, and He was operating in Jesus, doing His deeds.
    When a river runs, it creates a riverbed. The riverbed is the imprint of the river – but without the river, there would never exist a riverbed. The Spirit is the river – of living water proceeding forth from the throne of God.
    At a river delta, you have the deposit of minerals; the information in the mind is the deposit/delta of the spirit.
    Without truly knowing the spirit of a thing, you cannot understand the “angle” of its words; where it is coming from.

Hanoch
    Participant

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, AND THE WORD WAS GOD.”
    “Glorify Me with the glory that I had with You (the Father) before the world was.”

This is a very plain statement: The Word [today] IS God. Beyond this, you cannot explain; it IS the explanation.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2008,17:08)
    Hi WJ,
    God was not the Word.
    The Word was with God.

NH

The Greek disagrees with you.

“and God was the Word”

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Then who was the Word with God?

gollamudi
    Participant

So brother Nick, even a Trinitarian will not agree with your logic of 'word' being another person apart from one God.
    Peace to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Agreement has never been a viable aim. Encouraging all to search is.

But the Word was with God.
    Not in God but with God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..are your words in you so they are with you also, in fact they ARE you. John is the same thing, and it applies with God the same as with us. Your word compose your intellect and your intellect (IS) spirit. GOD is SPIRIT. God expresses himself through Words and so do we.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Hanoch @ July 20 2008,18:28)
    A Spirit Is A Nature
    Before something may be explained, it already IS.
    There are many different spirits; expelling a spirit by God immediately removes the thoughts and works it expresses itself by:
    “'Get behind Me, Satan, for it is written, 'Thou shall worship the Lord thy God and serve Him only!'
    Then Satan left Him…”
    Evil is a nature:
    Of satan, it is written: “…when he lies, he speaks of his own nature…”
    A nature IS: thoughts, words and actions arise from them.
    For instance, there are deaf and dumb spirits, spirits of infirmity, and they produce the results of the natures of which they are.
    There is also the Spirit of God, and He was operating in Jesus, doing His deeds.
    When a river runs, it creates a riverbed. The riverbed is the imprint of the river – but without the river, there would never exist a riverbed. The Spirit is the river – of living water proceeding forth from the throne of God.
    At a river delta, you have the deposit of minerals; the information in the mind is the deposit/delta of the spirit.
    Without truly knowing the spirit of a thing, you cannot understand the “angle” of its words; where it is coming from.

Hanoch……. good post, i see it that way also.

peace to you ……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    My words are not in me.
    They have been spoken and are gone.
    My thoughts may be later expressed as words and they are in me.

But thoughts are not words.
    You can go to jail for your words but not your thoughts.

I would prefer you offer scripture and not weak human logic to show intellect is spirit.

If you believe God is just intellect then perhaps you have never known the love of God?

Words do reflect the heart

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    What about these scriptures say ?
    1. Ps 33:
    6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made,
          their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
    2. Is 55:
    8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
          neither are your ways my ways,”
          declares the LORD.

9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
          so are my ways higher than your ways
          and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
          come down from heaven,
          and do not return to it
          without watering the earth
          and making it bud and flourish,
          so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
          It will not return to me empty,
          but will accomplish what I desire
          and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Do you think God created this universe through another person Jesus before his birth?. I believe God created this universe by His own word (spoken). Jesus became that word (living) when he was born by same word as per Is 55:11.

If you believe or not scriptures remain same. I give more marks to trinitarians than to arians.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    If God had not expressed that word
    would creation yet be made?

gollamudi
    Participant

Word is the expression of thought of a person.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    We agree that a word is not within but has been expressed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God wants none to perish.
    But Jesus did warn us
    Lk13
    1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus chose an interesting scenario.

What was described was death by human hands or by what we call accidents.
    And you might think that physical death alone was their fate.
    But death is the end of opportunities to repent.
    That is what he meant IMO

gollamudi
    Participant

I believe these verses for what you quoted above
    Jn 16:8-11

8 “And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged”.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    So the Spirit of God teaches that the fatal sin for men is to reject the Son of God.

Jn3
    16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The Spirit teaches that man has no righteousness of his own, as the righteous one is in heaven.

Matthew 5:20
    For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 9:13
    But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Romans 3:22
    Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 5:18
    Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Romans 5:21
    That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Spirit teaches that judgement on men is also based on man's preferred allegiance to the god of this world whose fate is sealed.

2 Corinthians 4:4
    In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Jn12
    31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Jn3
    19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to all those scriptures you just quoted.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account