Repentance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 436 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2008,06:30)
    Hi CO,
    Anyone got a mirror?

Hi Nick,
    Same old garbage…no substance. Why can't you be man enough to show a post of mine that says what you imply that I said. I'll bet you can't, you'll answer with another frivilous bunch of gibberish.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Acts 17
    26And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

29Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    I am giving up trying to have a meaningfull discussion with you. Your hurtfull accusations, which are untruths that you refuse to prove when asked, and the constant jumping from the subject to another, makes me wonder if you're sane.
    I am terminating my dialog with you as of now.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Scripture does offend holders of dogmas.
    But if you listen to it, it does teach truth

chosenone
    Participant

Same garbage, never quoting what supposed “holder of dogmas” I have said, just false accusations as usual. I am begining to doubt your sanity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You said
    'I am terminating my dialog with you as of now.'
    ??

chosenone
    Participant

YES, my gosh, you actually quoted something I said. Miracles do happen, congratulations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Indeed the same message is for Jews and Greeks.
    Acts 20
    20And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house,

21Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One of the problems is that once men are saved they cannot be brought back to repentance if the wander from the path of truth.
    Hebrews 6:6
    If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..If a person (IS) saved He cannot fail because God is in Him and God”s (GRACE) guides Him and transforms His (MIND) and He becomes a New CREATION . YOU are fearful and I question Your Faith also. You really don't believe in the power of GOD, do you? You think He is to weak to be able to save a person, He is incapable of creating righteousness in a person, you feel it's all up to the person himself . You don't really believe God who began a work in us can complete it, that is with out our permission. So in a sense you are your own GOD>

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen brother Gene,
    If a person is in Christ he is a new creation by God, he may fail as a child in his early days may fumble and fall that doesn't mean he will cease to exist as a child. I believe that once we are created as a new beings we can not reverse the process of God's new creation. If we fail in this journey of maturity and perfection we will loose our rewards but not the son-ship..IMO
    I think enough is enough on this loosing of one's salvation.
    Peace to you
    Adam

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2008,15:26)
    Hi,
    One of the problems is that once men are saved they cannot be brought back to repentance if the wander from the path of truth.
    Hebrews 6:6
    If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

you forget one thing that matters in this scripture…heart condition…only GOD can judge who is forever lost

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 10 2008,15:54)
    Nick…..If a person (IS) saved He cannot fail because God is in Him and God”s (GRACE) guides Him and transforms His (MIND) and He becomes a New CREATION . YOU are fearful and I question Your Faith also. You really don't believe in the power of GOD, do you? You think He is to weak to be able to save a person, He is incapable of creating righteousness in a person, you feel it's all up to the person himself . You don't really believe God who began a work in us can complete it, that is with out our permission. So in a sense you are your own GOD>

I agree to a point…as long as man humbles himself under the might hand of God…he will not fail

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Self effort alone is futility.
    Even in matters of faith.
    “Lord help my unbelief..”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK….is that not what the spirit of God does, it brings us to repentance. “men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of God', a few weeks before that they were saying crucify Him, so what made the difference was it not the Holy Spirit that convicted them in their hearts that they had killed the son of God. We are caused to repent by the Spirit of God and without it we would never repent, repentance is an act of GOD. The spirit of truth given to us is what convicts us of all truth, it empowers us to recognize truth when we hear it, and it convicts us of our errors because it is spirit of truth, so we can't lie to ourselves because it continues to reveal truth to us. ” for the spirit (BOTH) accuses us and defends us, it accuses us when we are wrong (so we can repent) and it defends us when we are right.

peace to you and yours………..gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 11 2008,09:54)
    DK….is that not what the spirit of God does, it brings us to repentance. “men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of God', a few weeks before that they were saying crucify Him, so what made the difference was it not the Holy Spirit that convicted them in their hearts that they had killed the son of God. We are caused to repent by the Spirit of God and without it we would never repent, repentance is an act of GOD. The spirit of truth given to us is what convicts us of all truth, it empowers us to recognize truth when we hear it, and it convicts us of our errors because it is spirit of truth, so we can't lie to ourselves because it continues to reveal truth to us. ” for the spirit (BOTH) accuses us and defends us, it accuses us when we are wrong  (so we can repent) and it defends us when we are right.

I disagree…But I will not expound…my views on “free will” have been stated

:)

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother DK,
    Warning signals to you when you said “I will not expound.. my views on free will have been stated”
    Some times we have to give up our understanding if more truth is there in other's view.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 11 2008,09:54)
    DK….is that not what the spirit of God does, it brings us to repentance. “men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of God', a few weeks before that they were saying crucify Him, so what made the difference was it not the Holy Spirit that convicted them in their hearts that they had killed the son of God. We are caused to repent by the Spirit of God and without it we would never repent, repentance is an act of GOD. The spirit of truth given to us is what convicts us of all truth, it empowers us to recognize truth when we hear it, and it convicts us of our errors because it is spirit of truth, so we can't lie to ourselves because it continues to reveal truth to us. ” for the spirit (BOTH) accuses us and defends us, it accuses us when we are wrong  (so we can repent) and it defends us when we are right.

Hi Gene.
    Good post, I agree with your understanding. “All is of God”.
    “The flesh cannot please God”, though some keep on trying.

God Bless, Jerry.

I myself do not believe that the pray gets you to heaven, it is the trusting in Christ. I think no matter how you dice it, if you are truly saved you will want to offer yourself wholly to God.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 436 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account