Reason and Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 692 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,08:44)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,15:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,07:44)
    I know that the true Christians are standing before God during there live time and judge wen they die ,but all other will be judge at judgment day;

Pierre

So you won't stand in front of God on judgement day?

bod

if I stand to be judge at the second resurrection it will be to be condemned what else ?

I have tasted the good of the kingdom of God ,so if i leave it who will save me ? no one

Pierre

You are funny :) Are you saved?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,15:56)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,08:44)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,15:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,07:44)
    I know that the true Christians are standing before God during there live time and judge wen they die ,but all other will be judge at judgment day;

Pierre

So you won't stand in front of God on judgement day?

bod

if I stand to be judge at the second resurrection it will be to be condemned what else ?

I have tasted the good of the kingdom of God ,so if i leave it who will save me ? no one

Pierre

You are funny :)  Are you saved?

bod

I let you know after I die

Pierre

if I can

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,07:25)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2012,13:26)
    Hi BD:

The devil is the tempter and if you obey his temptations, he will cause you to sin, and therefore, he has the power of death.  As he caused Adam and Eve to sin speaking to them “you shall not surely die”, and causing them through this lie to disobey God, he caused all of us except Jesus to sin through the same deceit.  Just like your teaching that Jesus did not die on the cross.

And the bible states:

Gal 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)  

Gal 1:2   And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:  

Gal 1:3   Grace [be] to you and peace from God the Father, and [from] our Lord Jesus Christ,  

Gal 1:4   Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:  

Gal 1:5   To whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.  

Gal 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  

Gal 1:7   Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  

Gal 1:8   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  

Gal 1:9   As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

And in the verse in  Hebrews 2 it is Jesus speaking in verse 2:12 not the Apostle Paul.

Did David commit Adultery and murder?  The gospel is good news in that God desires to have mercy on those who come to Him believing His Word with a repentant heart.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Adam and Eve did not die on the day they ate of that tree but of course you will try to assert that a day is like a thousand years to God but Adam and Eve were taught that a Day is Evening and Morning and they did not die that day just like the devil said. The reason they didn't die is because they repented and God had Mercy just like the town of nineveh

37 Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful. (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #37)

Hi BD:

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:1 ¶ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

n 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Rom 5:12 ¶ Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Mar 1:14 ¶ Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,14:28)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,00:42)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 14 2012,17:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,05:07)
    Asana, in Matt 16, Jesus WAS speaking about his second coming.  He was NOT speaking about it in chapter 10.

But you quoted this verse:
    Matthew 16:28
    Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Paul also comments about this.  He says that not all will “taste death”, but some will simply be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

But then Paul points out later that Jesus most definitely “tasted death” for all of us.

Asana, some people, like Enoch and Elijah, didn't have to “taste death”.  They went directly from life on earth to life alongside God, in heaven.  They skipped the trip to Hades.  I assume Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses were also among those who were called to God the second their last human breath expired – without actually “tasting death”.

This is why Jesus can be the firstborn from the dead even though others who lived in the past are still alive.  It is because Jesus is the first one who actually “tasted death” and was subsequently raised to eternal life.  He is the firstborn among many brethren, because that will be the case for virtually everyone to follow.

But there are a few, like the ones I mentioned earlier by name, and those who are killed as a direct result of refusing to deny the name and gospel of our Lord and his God, who go right from life on earth to life in heaven – without ever tasting death.  (Some of those are the souls under the alter in Revelation.)

peace,
    mike

WOW Mike

did you just make the context of Jesus saying “SOME STANDING HERE shall not taste death” into some sort of meaning other than physical death which he was talking about if he wasn't why would some taste death and others not when they were all his followers he was speaking to?

First of all Asana,

Can you scripturally refute anything I said in that post?

And secondly, as to your question, some of Jesus' followers fell away after a while.  Not all disciples of Jesus stayed true to him and his teachings.  Scripture also bears this part out.

peace,
    mike

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The scripture is saying some standing there will still be alive when Jesus returns the scripture itself refutes you because there is no one alive from that time and Jesus has not returned yet.

Asana,

Read my first post above.  It answers the “tasting death” thing.  

John 21
    21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

This is how misunderstandings get started, Asana.  Did Jesus ever tell anyone they would “remain alive as a human being” until he returned?  No.  He said that not all of them would “taste death”.

Asana, when I first started talking to you, I thought you were a man who believed the scriptures, and as an ADDITION TO the scriptures, you believed the words of the Quran.

Now it is seeming that you are no different from the Trinitarians in that you have come to believe the words of mere men OVER the scriptures, and because those words CONTRADICT the scriptures, you are willing to twist, mistranslate, and confuse the scriptures to make the words of the man be right.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,16:39)

if I can

:D Good answer!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 16 2012,11:01)

Hi BD:

The devil is the tempter and if you obey his temptations, he will cause you to sin, and therefore, he has the power of death.  As he caused Adam and Eve to sin speaking to them “you shall not surely die”, and causing them through this lie to disobey God, he caused all of us except Jesus to sin through the same deceit.  Just like your teaching that Jesus did not die on the cross.

And the bible states:

Gal 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)  

Gal 1:3   Grace [be] to you and peace from God the Father, and [from] our Lord Jesus Christ,  

Gal 1:4   Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:  

Gal 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  

Gal 1:7   Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  

Gal 1:8   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  

Gal 1:9   As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

And in the verse in  Hebrews 2 it is Jesus speaking in verse 2:12 not the Apostle Paul.

Did David commit Adultery and murder?  The gospel is good news in that God desires to have mercy on those who come to Him believing His Word with a repentant heart.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Adam and Eve did not die on the day they ate of that tree but of course you will try to assert that a day is like a thousand years to God but Adam and Eve were taught that a Day is Evening and Morning and they did not die that day just like the devil said. The reason they didn't die is because they repented and God had Mercy just like the town of nineveh

37 Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful. (  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #37)

Hi BD:

Gen 2:16   And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:  

Gen 2:17   But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:1 ¶ Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?  

Gen 3:2   And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:  

Gen 3:3   But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.  

Gen 3:4   And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:  

Gen 3:5   For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

n 3:22 ¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:  

Gen 3:23   Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.  

Gen 3:24   So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.  

Rom 5:12 ¶ Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:  

Mar 1:14 ¶ Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,  

Mar 1:15   And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Adam and Eve did not die the day they ate the fruit and the scriptures say they did become “Knowing good and evil” The serpent deceived them only in the sense he tempted them to be disobedient to God but surely they did not die that day and genesis details their punishment the fact is they repented and God accepted their repentance if that were not true God would not have advised Cain to Master himself over sin.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,11:17)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,14:28)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,00:42)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 14 2012,17:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,05:07)
    Asana, in Matt 16, Jesus WAS speaking about his second coming.  He was NOT speaking about it in chapter 10.

But you quoted this verse:

Paul also comments about this.  He says that not all will “taste death”, but some will simply be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

But then Paul points out later that Jesus most definitely “tasted death” for all of us.

Asana, some people, like Enoch and Elijah, didn't have to “taste death”.  They went directly from life on earth to life alongside God, in heaven.  They skipped the trip to Hades.  I assume Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses were also among those who were called to God the second their last human breath expired – without actually “tasting death”.

This is why Jesus can be the firstborn from the dead even though others who lived in the past are still alive.  It is because Jesus is the first one who actually “tasted death” and was subsequently raised to eternal life.  He is the firstborn among many brethren, because that will be the case for virtually everyone to follow.

But there are a few, like the ones I mentioned earlier by name, and those who are killed as a direct result of refusing to deny the name and gospel of our Lord and his God, who go right from life on earth to life in heaven – without ever tasting death.  (Some of those are the souls under the alter in Revelation.)

peace,
    mike

WOW Mike

did you just make the context of Jesus saying “SOME STANDING HERE shall not taste death” into some sort of meaning other than physical death which he was talking about if he wasn't why would some taste death and others not when they were all his followers he was speaking to?

First of all Asana,

Can you scripturally refute anything I said in that post?

And secondly, as to your question, some of Jesus' followers fell away after a while.  Not all disciples of Jesus stayed true to him and his teachings.  Scripture also bears this part out.

peace,
    mike

The scripture is saying some standing there will still be alive when Jesus returns the scripture itself refutes you because there is no one alive from that time and Jesus has not returned yet.

Asana,

Read my first post above.  It answers the “tasting death” thing.  

John 21
    21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

This is how misunderstandings get started, Asana.  Did Jesus ever tell anyone they would “remain alive as a human being” until he returned?  No.  He said that not all of them would “taste death”.

Asana, when I first started talking to you, I thought you were a man who believed the scriptures, and as an ADDITION TO the scriptures, you believed the words of the Quran.

Now it is seeming that you are no different from the Trinitarians in that you have come to believe the words of mere men OVER the scriptures, and because those words CONTRADICT the scriptures, you are willing to twist, mistranslate, and confuse the scriptures to make the words of the man be right.

If some on this forum shall not taste death til I post back I am saying that some on this forum will not die in any way until I post again if everyone on this forum dies before I post again then I thought that I would post before that.

I haven't twisted anuthing but it's funny how someone like me or Tim can simply copy and paste a scripture from the bible and you claim foul like we wrote something new.

Tim said exactly what Jesus said about parables and then you claim that parables are basically for idiots and the intelligent people won't stoop that low but Tim gave Jesus more credit than you saying he fouled them up on purpose with intellect but you even forgot that Jesus had to explain to his disciples privately what he really meant.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,11:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,16:39)

if I can

:D  Good answer!

That was one of the only times he answered honestly

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,11:24)

Hi BD:

And the bible states:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Gen 2:16   And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:  

Gen 2:17   But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:2   And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:  

Gen 3:3   But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.  

Gen 3:5   For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Gen 3:23   Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.  

Gen 3:24   So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.  

Mar 1:15   And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Adam and Eve did not die the day they ate the fruit and the scriptures say they did become “Knowing good and evil” The serpent deceived them only in the sense he tempted them to be disobedient to God but surely they did not die that day and genesis details their punishment the fact is they repented and God accepted their repentance if that were not true God would not have advised Cain to Master himself over sin.

Hi BD:

They lost communion with God because of their disobedience, and they were cast out of the Garden of Eden into this present world.  And so, yes, they died a spiritual death which is separation from God, and the judgment that they received because of their disobedience is:

Gen 3:13   And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.  

Gen 3:14   And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:  

Gen 3:15   And I will put
    enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.  

Gen 3:16   Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.  

Gen 3:17   And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;  

Gen 3:18   Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;  

Gen 3:19   In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.  

The bible does not show Adam and Eve repenting for their sin.

But even if they did, Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of all who obeyed God by faith from the creation of the world until the time that God comes for the church, the body of Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,18:31)
    I haven't twisted anuthing but it's funny how someone like me or Tim can simply copy and paste a scripture from the bible and you claim foul like we wrote something new.

You have twisted “taste death” into meaning that those alive then as humans would remain alive as humans until Jesus' second coming.

It OBVIOUSLY doesn't mean that, does it?

(I've answered more in depth on the atheist thread.  I don't know why we're discussing the same thing here and there, but my answer is over there regardless.  :) )

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 16 2012,11:49)

Hi BD:

And the bible states:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi BD:

They lost communion with God because of their disobedience, and they were cast out of the Garden of Eden into this present world.  And so, yes, they died a spiritual death which is separation from God, and the judgment that they received because of their disobedience is:

Gen 3:13   And the LORD God said unto the woman, What [is] this [that] thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.  

Gen 3:14   And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Beca
    use thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:  

Gen 3:15   And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.  

Gen 3:16   Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire [shall be] to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.  

Gen 3:17   And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed [is] the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat [of] it all the days of thy life;  

Gen 3:18   Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;  

Gen 3:19   In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.  

But even if they did, Jesus is the propitiation for the sins of all who obeyed God by faith from the creation of the world until the time that God comes for the church, the body of Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

I have asked Pierre but he is stuck so I ask you and every other Christian here is this TRUE or FALSE?

1 John 4:2
    By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

Are the scriptures TRUE or not?

You cannot have it both ways either you believe that this verse is true or you believe it is false. The confession of the Muslims believeing that Jesus is Christ is in print, it is part of their Holy Book according to your Bible it MUST MEAN that they are of GOD or either your BIBLE is wrong which is it and anyone of the Christians here can answer the question. Don't worry I'll wait.

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

bod, is not a honest heart;this is what i answered him;

bod

The confession of the Muslims believeing that Jesus is Christ is in print ,quote

IN THIS YOU ARE TOTALLY TRUE;

wen you roll open your carpet to kneel down toward Mecca and pray to honor Muhammad ,Allah prophet the god of Muslims you will not do what Christ is asking of his disciples,so what is print is for nothing just to show and meaningless to all Muslim and others

Muslims are lips servicing Christ God and father ,you do not have to talk lies to what all men knows

I have read the Koran and it is not for the God of the Jews ,

Pierre

————–

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,12:07)
    Marty

bod

The confession of the Muslims believeing that Jesus is Christ is in print ,quote

wen you roll open your carpet to kneel down toward Mecca and pray to honor Muhammad ,Allah prophet the god of Muslims you will not do what Christ is asking of his disciples,so what is print is for nothing just to show and meaningless to all Muslim and others

Muslims are lips servicing Christ God and father ,you do not have to talk lies to what all men knows

Pierre

————–

Are the scriptures in your Bible TRUE or FALSE when it says WHOEVER confesses that Jesus is Christ is born of God?

If you do not believe this why are you claiming the Bible as the word of God?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,11:55)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 16 2012,11:49)

Hi BD:

And the bible states:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Hi BD:

Gen 3:14   And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:  

Gen 3:15   And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

I have asked Pierre but he is stuck so I ask you and every other Christian here is this TRUE or FALSE?

By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,

Are the scriptures TRUE or not?

You cannot have it both ways either you believe that this verse is true or you believe it is false. The confession of the Muslims believeing that Jesus is Christ is in print, it is part of their Holy Book according to your Bible it MUST MEAN that they are of GOD or either your BIBLE is wrong which is it and anyone of the Christians here can answer the question. Don't worry I'll wait.

Hi BD:

The scripture is true in as much as it is speaking of the Jesus Christ that the bible states is the Only Begotten Son of the Living God, and who has given his life as a sacrifice so that whosoever believes the gospel (the good news) can be reconciled to God through him.

Do you and your muslim brothers believe in the Jesus Christ who died on the cross and was raised again from the dead or are you preaching another Jesus Christ?

And so, once again:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 16 2012,12:24)
    Hi BD:

The scripture is true in as much as it is speaking of the Jesus Christ that the bible states is the Only Begotten Son of the Living God, and who has given his life as a sacrifice so that whosoever believes the gospel (the good news) can be reconciled to God through him.

Do you and your muslim brothers believe in the Jesus Christ who died on the cross and was raised again from the dead or are you preaching another Jesus Christ?

And so, once again:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty the scripture says what it says it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you would like so I am asking you is the scripture True as it stands?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,12:32)

Hi BD:

Do you and your muslim brothers believe in the Jesus Christ who died on the cross and was raised again from the dead conor are you preaching another Jesus Christ?

And so, once again:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty the scripture says what it says it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you would like so I am asking you is the scripture True as it stands?

No, BD, you cannot take a scripture out of context and then add your own opinions surrounding the scripture, and make it stand.

Scripture must be line upon line and precept upon precept.

Here is the scripture that you are quoting in context.

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1Jo 4:7 ¶ Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

[1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 16 2012,13:05)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,12:32)

Hi BD:

Do you and your muslim brothers believe in the Jesus Christ who died on the cross and was raised again from the dead conor are you preaching another Jesus Christ?

And so, once again:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

No, BD, you cannot take a scripture out of context and then add your own opinions surrounding the scripture, and make it stand.

Scripture must be line upon line and precept upon precept.

Here is the scripture that you are quoting in context.

1Jo 4:2   Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:  

1Jo 4:3   And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.  

1Jo 4:4   Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.  

1Jo 4:5   They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.  

1Jo 4:6   We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.  

1Jo 4:7 ¶ Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.  

1Jo 4:8   He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.  

1Jo 4:9   In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.  

[1Jo 4:10   Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Yes Marty that is the context so why are you falling short in accepting what it says?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,12:20)

Marty

bod

Pierre

————–

Are the scriptures in your Bible TRUE or FALSE when it says WHOEVER confesses that Jesus is Christ is born of God?

Hi BD,

muslims are anti-christ, because they deny the father and the son. (1John 2:22)

B'shem
    YHVH

terraricca
    Participant

bod

By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, ;;true or false ??

it is both;

true to the truthful believers ,

false to the hypocrites,

so if you are a true believer in the God of Christ then it is true ;

otherwise it is false because your hypocrisies of your heart,

Pierre

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 16 2012,21:59)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,12:20)

Marty

bod

Pierre

————–

Hi BD,

muslims are anti-christ, because they deny the father and the son. (1John 2:22)

B'shem
    YHVH

Now you're just getting desperate how could a Mulim be antichrist when they are the ONLY ONES who ACCEPT JESUS as plainly the CHRIST.

You could say Muslims are anti-son of God because God does not have sex or make children like physical human beings. If God calls someone a Son it is certainly a term of endearment just like when priests call people “Son” just like how Paul calls his followers sons even though Jesus said not to.

Hey why does Paul say 1 Corinthians 4:15
    For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Paul declares his Fatherhood isn't that something? and again

1 Timothy 1:2
    Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

I thought Jesus said:

Matthew 23:9
    And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

So is Paul right or is Jesus right? You and Mike said that they teach the same things.

There seems to be this Father and Son thing that most of you can't get past including T8 It's like you think Christ means “Son” and it doesn't you do not have to believe that Jesus is the actual son of God you have to believe that Jesus is the Christ sent by God but most don't know they make Christ a stumbling block for themselves

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 692 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account