Reason and Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 692 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,10:09)
    bod

Pierre, does not believe any violence in the bible as actual violence he will make any excuse to pretend that God always wants peace. So when God's Christ says:

the greatest violence as been made by Adam and Eve they have dragged all their offspring into dead ,billions of people

Pierre

Adam and Eve have nothing to do with the choices you make God told cain that very same thing before he killed Abel, but you don't understand.

Learn:

Genesis 4:7
    If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,17:18)

bod

Pierre, does not believe any violence in the bible as actual violence he will make any excuse to pretend that God always wants peace. So when God's Christ says:

the greatest violence as been made by Adam and Eve they have dragged all their offspring into dead ,billions of people

Pierre

Adam and Eve have nothing to do with the choices you make God told cain that very same thing before he killed Abel, but you don't understand.

Learn:

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

bod

read what I say ,you answer me in a total different question but you know that ,you like to talk about what you like

but does not make your slander any less true

Pierre

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,10:23)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

read what I say ,you answer me in a total different question but you know that ,you like to talk about what you like

Pierre

Adam and Eve haven't done anything to you

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,17:25)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

the fact that I die is caused because of them

Pierre

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 12 2012,20:44)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 12 2012,16:56)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 10 2012,02:54)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,12:47)
    Hi BD:

What translation are you using?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

BD plays musical bible translations, meaning he picks and chooses
    which translation that best fits his preconceived ideas of truth to post with.
    It must be funny watching him scour the various versions to find the one that best fits!  

B'shem
    YHVH

I just hope that he chooses to believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and that no man can be reconciled to God except through him.

But God will not force Himself on anyone.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

When Jesus said

John 14:6

King James Version (KJV)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is explaining that he is the Messiah do you not realize that Moses would have said the same thing? If you did not follow moses as an Israelite you were not reconciled to God at Mt Sinai in fact if you didn't accept the covenant you were killed.

When God is speaking through a vessel that vessel is The Way, The Truth and The Life

John 14:10

King James Version (KJV)

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

In Other words GOD is the way. Marty, GOD is ALWAYS THE WAY and HE does what he wants

Hi BD:

No man can come to the Father but by him because he is the propitiation for the sins of all of humanity. All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death or spiritual separation from God.

If you believe that he is God's Messiah or Christ, meaning that he is God's anointed, why do you not believe his Word. You acknowledge that it was God speaking to humanity through him. Do you not?

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mat 16:20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Mat 16:21 ¶ From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,10:34)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

No it isn't God controls life and death

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2012,10:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 12 2012,20:44)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 12 2012,16:56)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 10 2012,02:54)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,12:47)
    Hi BD:

What translation are you using?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

BD plays musical bible translations, meaning he picks and chooses
    which translation that best fits his preconceived ideas of truth to post with.
    It must be funny watching him scour the various versions to find the one that best fits!  

B'shem
    YHVH

I just hope that he chooses to believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and that no man can be reconciled to God except through him.

But God will not force Himself on anyone.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

When Jesus said

John 14:6

King James Version (KJV)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He is explaining that he is the Messiah do you not realize that Moses would have said the same thing? If you did not follow moses as an Israelite you were not reconciled to God at Mt Sinai in fact if you didn't accept the covenant you were killed.

When God is speaking through a vessel that vessel is The Way, The Truth and The Life

John 14:10

King James Version (KJV)

10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

In Other words GOD is the way. Marty, GOD is ALWAYS THE WAY and HE does what he wants

Hi BD:

No man can come to the Father but by him because he is the propitiation for the sins of all of humanity.  All men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and the wages of sin is death or spiritual separation from God.

If you believe that he is God's Messiah or Christ, meaning that he is God's anointed, why do you not believe his Word.  You acknowledge that it was God speaking to humanity through him.  Do you not?

1Jo 4:9   In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.  

1Jo 4:10   Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.  

Mat 16:15   He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?  

Mat 16:16   And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.  

Mat 16:17   And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.  

Mat 16:18   And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  

Mat 16:19   And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  

Mat 16:20   Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.  

Mat 16:21 ¶ From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't dispute he thought that he would be killed but he also thought that he would be returning soon in full glory with the Holy angels to reward each man according to his works.

But in his own humbleness he later admits he does not know the time or hour of his return. I believe Jesus, I love Jesus and I trust Jesus.

Him not knowing the plans of God does not diminish my love for Jesus or his capacity and actual greatness.

When God said his ways are higher it included higher than Jesus too

Isaiah 55:9
    For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Jesus could only know and say what he knew but he admitted that he did not know all things including who would even be to his left or right in the Kingdom of Heaven

Matthew 20:23

King James Version (KJV)

23And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Now here you are thinking Jesus is equal to God and all God has has been given unto him and Jesus clearly tells you over and over that he and God are not equivalents and he does not have what God has in any way

Participant

Hi BD:

I cannot make this any plainer to than to let the Word of God speak to you:

1Cr 15:12 ¶ Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

1Cr 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Cr 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.

1Cr 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

1Cr 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

1Cr 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.

1Cr 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hbr 2:10 ¶ For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hbr 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hbr 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Hbr 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2012,12:22)
    Hi BD:

I cannot make this any plainer to than to let the Word of God speak to you:

1Cr 15:12 ¶ Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?  

1Cr 15:13   But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:  

1Cr 15:14   And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.  

1Cr 15:15   Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.  

1Cr 15:16   For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:  

1Cr 15:17   And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.  

1Cr 15:18   Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.  

Hbr 2:9   But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.  

Hbr 2:10 ¶ For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.  

Hbr 2:11   For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,  

Hbr 2:12   Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.  

Hbr 2:13   And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.  

Hbr 2:14   Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So you believe that the devil had the POWER of death? and look:

Hbr 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

God gave Paul the believers as children making him their Father?

God says He alone has the Power of Death:

Deuteronomy 30:15
    See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

You even believe Jesus gave his life for those who commit willful murder and yet God disagrees

Numbers 35:31
    Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.’

And still you believe that the devil has or had the power over death and is the God of this world…how foolish

God bless in Christ

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,18:58)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

No it isn't God controls life and death

Bod

We dying because of their sin

Participant

Hi BD:

The devil is the tempter and if you obey his temptations, he will cause you to sin, and therefore, he has the power of death.  As he caused Adam and Eve to sin speaking to them “you shall not surely die”, and causing them through this lie to disobey God, he caused all of us except Jesus to sin through the same deceit.  Just like your teaching that Jesus did not die on the cross.

And the bible states:

Gal 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)  

Gal 1:2   And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:  

Gal 1:3   Grace [be] to you and peace from God the Father, and [from] our Lord Jesus Christ,  

Gal 1:4   Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:  

Gal 1:5   To whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.  

Gal 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  

Gal 1:7   Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  

Gal 1:8   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  

Gal 1:9   As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

And in the verse in  Hebrews 2 it is Jesus speaking in verse 2:12 not the Apostle Paul.

Did David commit Adultery and murder?  The gospel is good news in that God desires to have mercy on those who come to Him believing His Word with a repentant heart.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

TimothyVI
    Participant

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

Hi T,

So you are dying because of something that Adam and Eve did.

Then what do you make of these scriptures?

2 Chronicles 25:4
    But he did not put their children to death, according to what is written in the Law, in the Book of Moses, where the Lord commanded, “Fathers shall not die because of their children, nor children die because of their fathers, but each one shall die for his own sin.”

Ezekiel 18:20
    “The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.”

Deuteronomy 24:16
    “Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.”

According these scriptures you are not responsible for what your ancestors did. Of course you can find other scriptures which say that you are but that is another cunundrum.

Tim

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Jan. 16 2012,04:47)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

Hi T,

But he did not put their children to death, according to what is written in the Law, in the Book of Moses, where the Lord commanded, “Fathers shall not die because of their children, nor children die because of their fathers, but each one shall die for his own sin.”

“The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.”

“Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin.”

According these scriptures you are not responsible for what your ancestors did. Of course you can find other scriptures which say that you are but that is another cunundrum.

Tim

tim

it is those scriptures that as been my inspiration and attracted me toward God ,the God of the scriptures ,because that is his promise ,and it will be carried out at the resurrection were we all will stand alone for judgement for what we have done and not for anyone else

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 14 2012,17:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,05:07)
    Asana, in Matt 16, Jesus WAS speaking about his second coming.  He was NOT speaking about it in chapter 10.

But you quoted this verse:
    Matthew 16:28
    Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Paul also comments about this.  He says that not all will “taste death”, but some will simply be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

But then Paul points out later that Jesus most definitely “tasted death” for all of us.

Asana, some people, like Enoch and Elijah, didn't have to “taste death”.  They went directly from life on earth to life alongside God, in heaven.  They skipped the trip to Hades.  I assume Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses were also among those who were called to God the second their last human breath expired – without actually “tasting death”.

This is why Jesus can be the firstborn from the dead even though others who lived in the past are still alive.  It is because Jesus is the first one who actually “tasted death” and was subsequently raised to eternal life.  He is the firstborn among many brethren, because that will be the case for virtually everyone to follow.

But there are a few, like the ones I mentioned earlier by name, and those who are killed as a direct result of refusing to deny the name and gospel of our Lord and his God, who go right from life on earth to life in heaven – without ever tasting death.  (Some of those are the souls under the alter in Revelation.)

peace,
    mike

WOW Mike

did you just make the context of Jesus saying “SOME STANDING HERE shall not taste death” into some sort of meaning other than physical death which he was talking about if he wasn't why would some taste death and others not when they were all his followers he was speaking to?

First of all Asana,

Can you scripturally refute anything I said in that post?

And secondly, as to your question, some of Jesus' followers fell away after a while. Not all disciples of Jesus stayed true to him and his teachings. Scripture also bears this part out.

peace,
    mike

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2012,13:26)
    Hi BD:

The devil is the tempter and if you obey his temptations, he will cause you to sin, and therefore, he has the power of death.  As he caused Adam and Eve to sin speaking to them “you shall not surely die”, and causing them through this lie to disobey God, he caused all of us except Jesus to sin through the same deceit.  Just like your teaching that Jesus did not die on the cross.

And the bible states:

Gal 1:1 ¶ Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)  

Gal 1:2   And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:  

Gal 1:3   Grace [be] to you and peace from God the Father, and [from] our Lord Jesus Christ,  

Gal 1:4   Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:  

Gal 1:5   To whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.  

Gal 1:6 ¶ I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:  

Gal 1:7   Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.  

Gal 1:8   But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.  

Gal 1:9   As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

And in the verse in  Hebrews 2 it is Jesus speaking in verse 2:12 not the Apostle Paul.

Did David commit Adultery and murder?  The gospel is good news in that God desires to have mercy on those who come to Him believing His Word with a repentant heart.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Adam and Eve did not die on the day they ate of that tree but of course you will try to assert that a day is like a thousand years to God but Adam and Eve were taught that a Day is Evening and Morning and they did not die that day just like the devil said. The reason they didn't die is because they repented and God had Mercy just like the town of nineveh

37 Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful. ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #37)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,23:12)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

Hi T,

Tim

tim

it is those scriptures that as been my inspiration and attracted me toward God ,the God of the scriptures ,because that is his promise ,and it will be carried out at the resurrection were we all will stand alone for judgement for what we have done and not for anyone else

Pierre

Why would you be standing at judgement when you said that Jesus already paid the price for you?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,00:42)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 14 2012,17:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,05:07)
    Asana, in Matt 16, Jesus WAS speaking about his second coming.  He was NOT speaking about it in chapter 10.

But you quoted this verse:
    Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Paul also comments about this.  He says that not all will “taste death”, but some will simply be changed in the twinkling of an eye.

But then Paul points out later that Jesus most definitely “tasted death” for all of us.

Asana, some people, like Enoch and Elijah, didn't have to “taste death”.  They went directly from life on earth to life alongside God, in heaven.  They skipped the trip to Hades.  I assume Abraham, Issac, Jacob, and Moses were also among those who were called to God the second their last human breath expired – without actually “tasting death”.

This is why Jesus can be the firstborn from the dead even though others who lived in the past are still alive.  It is because Jesus is the first one who actually “tasted death” and was subsequently raised to eternal life.  He is the firstborn among many brethren, because that will be the case for virtually everyone to follow.

But there are a few, like the ones I mentioned earlier by name, and those who are killed as a direct result of refusing to deny the name and gospel of our Lord and his God, who go right from life on earth to life in heaven – without ever tasting death.  (Some of those are the souls under the alter in Revelation.)

peace,
    mike

WOW Mike

did you just make the context of Jesus saying “SOME STANDING HERE shall not taste death” into some sort of meaning other than physical death which he was talking about if he wasn't why would some taste death and others not when they were all his followers he was speaking to?

First of all Asana,

Can you scripturally refute anything I said in that post?

And secondly, as to your question, some of Jesus' followers fell away after a while.  Not all disciples of Jesus stayed true to him and his teachings.  Scripture also bears this part out.

peace,
    mike

The scripture is saying some standing there will still be alive when Jesus returns the scripture itself refutes you because there is no one alive from that time and Jesus has not returned yet.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,14:26)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 15 2012,23:12)

bod

Pierre

Learn:

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

Hi T,

Tim

tim

Pierre

Why would you be standing at judgement when you said that Jesus already paid the price for you?

bod

I know that the true Christians are standing before God during there live time and judge wen they die ,but all other will be judge at judgment day;

Pierre

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,07:44)
    I know that the true Christians are standing before God during there live time and judge wen they die ,but all other will be judge at judgment day;

Pierre

So you won't stand in front of God on judgement day?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,15:29)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,07:44)

Pierre

So you won't stand in front of God on judgement day?

bod

if I stand to be judge at the second resurrection it will be to be condemned what else ?

I have tasted the good of the kingdom of God ,so if i leave it who will save me ? no one

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 692 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account