Reason and Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 692 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 09 2012,06:38)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,14:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,14:28)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,14:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,13:39)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,12:15)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,13:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,08:54)
    Hi BD,

He was the “Son of God” at his conception, perhaps this is what you were thinking of?
    Messiah means “anointed” of God, he was anointed with the HolySpirit at his baptism.

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.
    Jesus was anointed from birth he was conceived by the HOLY SPIRIT and guess what he was anointed with the HOLY SPIRIT again:

Luke 2:40

King James Version (KJV)

40And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Jesus was always Christ not just after baptism if itwere the case he was not Christ before the baptism then he would not have been baptised for the remission of the sins oF israel and those who believe in him

Hi BD:

Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and was born an innocent infant, just as any other infant that is born into this world.

He was not baptized in the Holy Spirit at this time.  He was raised by Joseph and Mary, parents who were under the Law of Moses.  

He was not anointed with the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in the river Jordan:

He began his ministry reading the following:

Luk 4:16 ¶ And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.  

Luk 4:17   And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,  

Luk 4:18   The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  

Luk 4:19   To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.  

Luk 4:20   And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.  

Luk 4:21   And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

No, you are wrong He was anointed from conception before he was baptized John the Baptist had recognized him as the Messiah. Anointed Means “a consecrated one” The angel said to Mary “this Holy Thing shall be called the son of God” in other words he was already consecrated and devoted to God from birth.

Hi BD:

He is the “Only Begotten Son of God” conceived of the Holy
    Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.  He was the Son of God under the Law of Moses.

Gal 4:4   But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  
    Gal 4:5   To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  

He did not receive the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in water at the Jordan:

Mat 3:16   And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:  

Mat 3:17   And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

That he was consecrated as the Messiah from his birth is true, but his ministry did not begin until he was 30 years old.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The beginning of his ministry has nothing to do with him being anointed from birth to fulfill his ministry, he was born HOLY which means he was born SET APART and ANOINTED for the service of GOD. I cannot budge on this position

Hi BD:

I agreed that he was set apart for this ministry from his birth, but the question is when he had received the Holy Ghost, and the scriptures show that this was after he was baptized in the river Jordan.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Actually the question was not about the Holy Spirit or His ministry it was about when he was Anointed with his position and thishappened at birth according to the Magi who offered him gifts because he was the promised anointed Saviour and he already had the Holy Spirit or did you not realize that a person receives portions of Holy Spirit.

2 Kings 2:8-10

New International Version (NIV)

8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

First Jesus was born with a portion and he kept increasing in spirit didn't you know that John the Baptist had The Holy Spirit even befor he was born?

Luke 1:15
    for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

I think this proves my case

No BD, he did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within him at his birth. There is no scripture that will support your statement that he did.

I am not going to argue with you about this.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,09:06)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 09 2012,06:38)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,14:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,14:28)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,14:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,13:39)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,12:15)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,13:15)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,08:54)
    Hi BD,

He was the “Son of God” at his conception, perhaps this is what you were thinking of?
    Messiah means “anointed” of God, he was anointed with the HolySpirit at his baptism.

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.
    Jesus was anointed from birth he was conceived by the HOLY SPIRIT and guess what he was anointed with the HOLY SPIRIT again:

Luke 2:40

King James Version (KJV)

40And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Jesus was always Christ not just after baptism if itwere the case he was not Christ before the baptism then he would not have been baptised for the remission of the sins oF israel and those who believe in him

Hi BD:

Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and was born an innocent infant, just as any other infant that is born into this world.

He was not baptized in the Holy Spirit at this time.  He was raised by Joseph and Mary, parents who were under the Law of Moses.  

He was not anointed with the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in the river Jordan:

He began his ministry reading the following:

Luk 4:16 ¶ And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.  

Luk 4:17   And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,  

Luk 4:18   The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  

Luk 4:20   And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.  

Luk 4:21   And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

No, you are wrong He was anointed from conception before he was baptized John the Baptist had recognized him as the Messiah. Anointed Means “a consecrated one” The angel said to Mary “this Holy Thing shall be called the son of God” in other words he was already consecrated and devoted to God from birth.

Hi BD:

He is the “Only Begotten Son of God” conceived of the Holy
    Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.  He was the Son of God under the Law of Moses.

Gal 4:4   But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  
    Gal 4:5   To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  

He did not receive the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in water at the Jordan:

Mat 3:16   And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:  

Mat 3:17   And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

That he was consecrated as the Messiah from his birth is true, but his ministry did not begin until he was 30 years old.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The beginning of his ministry has nothing to do with him being anointed from birth to fulfill his ministry, he was born HOLY which means he was born SET APART and ANOINTED for the service of GOD. I cannot budge on this position

Hi BD:

I agreed that he was set apart for this ministry from his birth, but the question is when he had received the Holy Ghost, and the scriptures show that this was after he was baptized in the river Jordan.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Actually the question was not about the Holy Spirit or His ministry it was about when he was Anointed with his position and thishappened at birth according to the Magi who offered him gifts because he was the promised anointed Saviour and he already had the Holy Spirit or did you not realize that a person receives portions of Holy Spirit.

2 Kings 2:8-10

8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

First Jesus was born with a portion and he kept increasing in spirit didn't you know that John the Baptist had The Holy Spirit even befor he was born?

for he will be great i
    n the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

I think this proves my case

No BD, he did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within him at his birth.  There is no scripture that will support your statement that he did.

I am not going to argue with you about this.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

So John was filled with the Holy Spirit even before birth and Jesus wasn't?

Participant

Hi BD:

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father of our Lord Jesus, God's Only Begotten Son and His Christ, and the Father of every born again believer.

Jesus was born as an innocent infant, just as any infant who is born into this world. Jesus was raised by parents under the Law of Moses. When the scripture states that he waxed strong in the spirit, this refers to the spirit of the Son. He was obeying the Law of God, and he obeyed it without sin, and so, in this spirit, after he is baptized at the river Jordan, we have the following scriptures:

Mat 3:13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

As I have stated all infants who are born into this world are born in innocence, but all of us except Jesus have gone astray and have broken God's Law, and so we have the following scripture which states:

Isa 53:1 ¶ Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7 ¶ He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10 ¶ Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors

At the age of 30, after Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan and had been baptized with the Holy Spirit is stated, and after he had been led into the wilderness and had overcome the temptations of the devil, he stated:

wrote:

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

And then we have the following scripture:

Hbr 5:1 ¶ For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things [pertaining] to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

Hbr 5:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

Hbr 5:3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.

Hbr 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as [was] Aaron.

Hbr 5:5 ¶ So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Hbr 5:6 As he saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hbr 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Hbr 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Hbr 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hbr 2:10 ¶ For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Hbr 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hbr 2:12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Hbr 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Hbr 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Hbr 2:16 For verily he took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham.

Hbr 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Hbr 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:19 ¶ For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, , whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Col 1:24 ¶ Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Col 1:26 [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Col 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

God loves you and so do I:
    Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,10:54)
    Hi BD:

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father of our Lord Jesus, God's Only Begotten Son and His Christ, and the Father of every born again believer.

Jesus was born as an innocent infant, just as any infant who is born into this world.  Jesus was raised by parents under the Law of Moses.  When the scripture states that he waxed strong in the spirit, this refers to the spirit of the Son.  He was obeying the Law of God, and he obeyed it without sin, and so, in this spirit, after he is baptized at the river Jordan, we have the following scriptures:

Mat 3:13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.  

Mat 3:14   But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?  

Mat 3:15   And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.  

Mat 3:17   And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

As I have stated all infants who are born into this world are born in innocence, but all of us except Jesus have gone astray and have broken God's Law, and so we have the following scripture which states:

Isa 53:1 ¶ Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?  

Isa 53:2   For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him.  

Isa 53:3   He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.  

Isa 53:4 ¶ Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  

Isa 53:5   But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.  

Isa 53:6   All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.  

Isa 53:7 ¶ He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.  

Isa 53:8   He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.  

Isa 53:9   And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither [was any] deceit in his mouth.  

Isa 53:10 ¶ Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.  

Isa 53:11   He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.  

Isa 53:12   Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors

At the age of 30, after Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan and had been baptized with the Holy Spirit is stated, and after he had been led into the wilderness and had overcome the temptations of the devil, he stated:

wrote:

And then we have the following scripture:

Hbr 5:1 ¶ For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things [pertaining] to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:  

Hbr 5:2   Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.  

Hbr 5:3   And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.  

Hbr 5:4   And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as [was] Aaron.  

Hbr 5:5 ¶ So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.  

Hbr 5:6   As he saith also in another [place], Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.  

Hbr 5:7   Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;  

Hbr 5:8   Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;  

Hbr 5:9   And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hbr 2:9   But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.  

Hbr 2:10 ¶ For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.  

Hbr 2:11   For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,  

Hbr 2:12   Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.  

Hbr 2:13   And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.  

Hbr 2:14   Forasmuch then as the children are partake
    rs of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;  

Hbr 2:15   And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.  

Hbr 2:16   For verily he took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham.  

Hbr 2:17   Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.  

Hbr 2:18   For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Col 1:12   Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:  

Col 1:13   Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:  

Col 1:14   In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:  

Col 1:15   Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:  

Col 1:16   For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:  

Col 1:17   And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.  

Col 1:18   And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.  

Col 1:19 ¶ For it pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell;  

Col 1:20   And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, , whether [they be] things in earth, or things in heaven.  

Col 1:21   And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled  

Col 1:22   In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:  

Col 1:23   If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;  

Col 1:24 ¶ Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:  

Col 1:25   Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;  

Col 1:26   [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:  

Col 1:27   To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:  

Col 1:28   Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus

Jhn 3:3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  

Jhn 3:4   Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?  

Jhn 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  

Jhn 3:6   That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  

Jhn 3:7   Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

God loves you and so do I:
    Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty what about this

So John was filled with the Holy Spirit even before birth and Jesus wasn't?

Participant

Hi BD:

What translation are you using?

John was to be the forerunner to Jesus, and he was anointed as a prophet with the Holy Spirit in the role of presenting the Messiah to the nation of Israel. Why the scripture states that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth, I do not know, but that is what the scripture states. Surely, he did not act in the role of a prophet as a child.

This is what the scripture states about John:

Luk 1:13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zechari'ah, for your prayer is heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.

Luk 1:14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth;

Luk 1:15 for he will be great before the Lord, and he shall drink no wine nor strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.

Luk 1:16 And he will turn many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God,

Luk 1:17 and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Eli'jah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”

This is what the scripture states about John, and I have showed you what the scripture states about Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,12:47)
    Hi BD:

John was to be the forerunner to Jesus, and he was anointed as a prophet with the Holy Spirit in the role of presenting the Messiah to the nation of Israel.  Why the scripture states that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth, I do not know, but that is what the scripture states.  Surely, he did not act in the role of a prophet as a child.

Luk 1:13 But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zechari'ah, for your prayer is heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.  

Luk 1:14 And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth;  

Luk 1:15 for he will be great before the Lord, and he shall drink no wine nor strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.  

Luk 1:17 and he will go before him in the spirit and power of Eli'jah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready for the Lord a people prepared.”  

This is what the scripture states about John, and I have showed you what the scripture states about Jesus.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

King James Version (KJV)
    15For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

What version do you like or want John was filled with The Holy Spirit even before birth. Why do you believe that Jesus wasn't?

Participant

Hi BD:

This is what the scriptures state relative to Jeremiah the prophet.

Jer 1:4 ¶ Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Jesus said the following about John the Baptist:

Luk 7:26 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.

Luk 7:27 This is [he], of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Luk 7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 09 2012,12:58)

Hi BD:

John was to be the forerunner to Jesus, and he was anointed as a prophet with the Holy Spirit in the role of presenting the Messiah to the nation of Israel.  Why the scripture states that he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth, I do not know, but that is what the scripture states.  Surely, he did not act in the role of a prophet as a child.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

King James Version (KJV)
    15For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

What version do you like or want John was filled with The Holy Spirit even before birth. Why do you believe that Jesus wasn't?

Hi BD:

Because the scriptures tell us when he was baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Under the Law and the prophets, only the prophets were filled with the Holy Spirit. It was through them that God spoke to his people. The people themselves did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them. They were under the Law of God has given to the nation of Israel through Moses.

Jesus was a Son under the Law of Moses until he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and began his ministry as God's Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,13:24)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Under the Law and the prophets, only the prophets were filled with the Holy Spirit.  It was through them that God spoke to his people.  The people themselves did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.  They were under the Law of God has given to the nation of Israel through Moses.

Jesus was a Son under the Law of Moses until he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and began his ministry as God's Christ.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus was a Prophet:

John 4:19-21

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet.

Luke 24:19

19 “What things?” he asked.

“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 09 2012,13:34)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Under the Law and the prophets, only the prophets were filled with the Holy Spirit.  It was through them that God spoke to his people.  The people themselves did not have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.  They were under the Law of God has given to the nation of Israel through Moses.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus was a Prophet:

“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.

Yes, in his ministry as God's Christ, he was a prophet. He did not begin his ministry until he was baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 09 2012,14:23)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 09 2012,13:34)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

Jesus was a Prophet:

Yes, in his ministry as God's Christ, he was a prophet.  He did not begin his ministry until he was baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You do understandthat John the Baptist from birth was anointed with Prophethood and was filled with the Holy Spirit even before birth right?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

BD plays musical bible translations, meaning he picks and chooses
    which translation that best fits his preconceived ideas of truth to post with.
    It must be funny watching him scour the various versions to find the one that best fits!  

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 10 2012,02:54)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

It must be funny watching him scour the various versions to find the one that best fits!  

B'shem
    YHVH

So, are you saying some Bibles are not right?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 10 2012,08:12)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 10 2012,02:54)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty,

B'shem
    YHVH

So, are you saying some Bibles are not right?

Hi BD,

Are some 'opinions' not right?

B'shem
    YHVH

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,23:26)
    Mike

Paul preached a different Gospel than Jesus and the disciples of Jesus preached or didn't you understand that?

You're kidding, right?

1 Peter 1
    1 …….for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood……

Was the blood of the scapegoat ever shed, Asana?

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Peter also seems to think that Jesus died.

18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed…………, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter considers Jesus a lamb (not a scapegoat) who shed his blood for our redemption.

21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

Our faith and hope for everlasting life are in God, who raised Jesus from the dead to everlasting life.

Asana, did Paul preach a different gospel than Peter? If so, will you at least believe Peter over Mohammad?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 10 2012,11:53)

Mike

Paul preached a different Gospel than Jesus and the disciples of Jesus preached or didn't you understand that?

You're kidding, right?  

1 Peter 1

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed…………, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter considers Jesus a lamb (not a scapegoat) who shed his blood for our redemption.

21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

Our faith and hope for everlasting life are in God, who raised Jesus from the dead to everlasting life.

Asana, did Paul preach a different gospel than Peter?  If so, will you at least believe Peter over Mohammad?

Mike

Jesus preached atonement through repentance I have shown his quotes over and over you never hear Jesus talking about sacrifice except to say that God will not have Sacrifice but instead He will have mercy. Jesus said:

Matthew 9:13
    But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

He said the same thing in Mark and Luke, I already said that I believe they taught Jesus to be a sacrificial lamb because it was the way they perceived it because the loss to them was great I have said they believed Jesus was killed by Crucufixion

The revelation in the Quran is it actually did not happen (Glory be to God!) You may find it appaling for God to have saved Jesus from Crucifixion but it made me Cry when I realized it was true and guess what I believed that to be the case before I ever touched the Quran because God led me to study the scapegoat and baptism …etc. So when I did read it in the Quran it was confirmation this is why it says:

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
    ( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

John the baptist said

John 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

The scapegoat takes away the sin

Leviticus 16:21
    And Aaron(John the Baptist) shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat(Jesus), and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat,,(Baptism) and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man(Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist) into the wilderness:(Matthew 4:1
    Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Asana,

Among the many points you avoided was this question:

Asana, did Paul preach a different gospel than Peter? If so, will you at least believe Peter over Mohammad?

Will you answer it?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 10 2012,19:03)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 10 2012,11:53)

Mike

You're kidding, right?  

1 Peter 1

Asana, did Paul preach a different gospel than Peter?  If so, will you at least believe Peter over Mohammad?

Mike

Jesus preached atonement through repentance I have shown his quotes over and over you never hear Jesus talking about sacrifice except to say that God will not have Sacrifice but instead He will have mercy. Jesus said:

Matthew 9:13
    But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

He said the same thing in Mark and Luke, I already said that I believe they taught Jesus to be a sacrificial lamb because it was the way they perceived it because the loss to them was great I have said they believed Jesus was killed by Crucufixion

The revelation in the Quran is it actually did not happen (Glory be to God!) You may find it appaling for God to have saved Jesus from Crucifixion but it made me Cry when I realized it was true and guess what I believed that to be the case before I ever touched the Quran because God led me to study the scapegoat and baptism …etc. So when I did read it in the Quran it was confirmation this is why it says:

That they said (in boast), “We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-  
    (  سورة النساء  , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

John the baptist said

John 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

The scapegoat takes away the sin

Leviticus 16:21
    And Aaron(John the Baptist) shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat(Jesus), and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat,,(Baptism) and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man(Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist) into the wilderness:(Matthew 4:1
    Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.)

Here is a video that addresses the point that BD makes…

B'shem (in the Name of)
    YHVH (the everlasting God)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I meant this video…

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 11 2012,12:30)
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I meant this video…

Most uninformed stupid video ever, and I am not saying that to be mean the author of the video is totally IGNORANT

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 692 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account