Reason and Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 692 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,02:57)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,02:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,05:12)
    Ransom is never applied to a death or property loss. Ransom is Value exchange therefore for Jesus to be a Ransom for many he would have to have Value from his life not from his death.

Do you understand that Jesus was given permission to intercede on the behlf of those who accept him as their High Priest? He is using his Value as a vouchsafe for those who have repented

Hebrews 7:25
    Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hi BD,

That refers to after Jesus resurrection.
    You do not even believe he died yet, so YOU
    believing in his resurrection is still a few steps away.

B'shem
    YHVH

What do you mean that refers to Jesus after resurrection? Was Jesus the Messiah before or after the resurrection?

Hi BD,

Jesus first made intersession for us by dying on the cross.
    Now he makes further intersession being at the fathers right hand.

Isaiah 53:10-12 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief:
    when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin(death an burial), he shall see his seed,
    he shall prolong his days(ressurection), and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous
    servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,
    and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was
    numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

“Jesus”(74) became “The Christ”(Messiah=74) at his baptism by John,
    when he was filled with the HolySpirit. (John 1:32-34 / Acts 10:38)

B'shem (in the Name of)
    YHVH (the everlasting God)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,04:02)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,02:57)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,02:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,05:12)
    Ransom is never applied to a death or property loss. Ransom is Value exchange therefore for Jesus to be a Ransom for many he would have to have Value from his life not from his death.

Do you understand that Jesus was given permission to intercede on the behlf of those who accept him as their High Priest? He is using his Value as a vouchsafe for those who have repented

Hebrews 7:25
    Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hi BD,

That refers to after Jesus resurrection.
    You do not even believe he died yet, so YOU
    believing in his resurrection is still a few steps away.

B'shem
    YHVH

What do you mean that refers to Jesus after resurrection? Was Jesus the Messiah before or after the resurrection?

Hi BD,

Jesus first made intersession for us by dying on the cross.
    Now he makes further intersession being at the fathers right hand.

Isaiah 53:10-12 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief:
    when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin(death an burial), he shall see his seed,
    he shall prolong his days(ressurection), and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous
    servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,
    and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was
    numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

“Jesus”(74) became “The Christ”(Messiah=74) at his baptism by John,
    when he was filled with the HolySpirit. (John 1:32-34 / Acts 10:38)

B'shem (in the Name of)

So Jesus wasn't born the Messiah? You should study more before posting you are very presumptuous.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

He was the “Son of God” at his conception, perhaps this is what you were thinking of?
    Messiah means “anointed” of God, he was anointed with the HolySpirit at his baptism.

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,08:54)
    Hi BD,

He was the “Son of God” at his conception, perhaps this is what you were thinking of?
    Messiah means “anointed” of God, he was anointed with the HolySpirit at his baptism.

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.
    Jesus was anointed from birth he was conceived by the HOLY SPIRIT and guess what he was anointed with the HOLY SPIRIT again:

Luke 2:40

King James Version (KJV)

40And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Jesus was always Christ not just after baptism if itwere the case he was not Christ before the baptism then he would not have been baptised for the remission of the sins oF israel and those who believe in him

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

Water baptism symbolizes death and resurrection; you do know that, right?   <– please answer.

B'shem (in the Name of)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,23:08)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 06 2012,10:58)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,17:07)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2012,09:49)
    Revelation 2:4
    Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.

Asana, I pray that you go back to your first love, and leave behind things that alter or add to the scriptures.

My First LOVE is GOD ALMIGHTY and I have never forsaken GOD ALMIGHTY, do you have a different first love? Is Jesus your first love?

bod

My First LOVE is GOD ALMIGHTY and I have never forsaken GOD ALMIGHTY, do you have a different first love? Is Jesus your first love?

that is just talk ;but it is not men that judges us it is God Jehovah ,our creator ,and there is no way that we can deceive him all what we ever done is written and we can not find excuses for nothing,we have done or not done that we should have done ,

so the only thing i can say is ;you do not worship the God of Jesus and the apostels and so have rejected the GOSPEL of the son of God and also his sacrifice ,by your action of refusal
    to comply to the will of the word of God the scriptures that he has given to Moses and other prophets,but not Muhammat,

is name is unknown in Gods book,
    and this is based on your own words

Pierre

When you speak it makes no sense, you cannot tell someone they don't put God first it makes you sound ignorant. I have said on this site from the beginning that I worship the God of Jesus but are you so blind as to not know that the God of Jesus is also the God of EVERYONE becuase there is only ONE GOD that has created the HEAVENS and the EARTH.

What other God has created EVERYTHING?

So, let me say that there is ONLY ONE GOD and that is who i WORSHIP if you don't worship God with me then just say you don't put God first but don't include me in your misunderstandings and slander

bod

So, let me say that there is ONLY ONE GOD and that is who i WORSHIP

2Ch 15:3 For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law.
    Jer 10:10 But the LORD is the true God;
    he is the living God, the eternal King.
    When he is angry, the earth trembles;
    the nations cannot endure his wrath.
    Jn 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    1Th 1:9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
    1Jn 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Jas 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

I do not see any reference to your faith or your self proclaim prophet ;except IDOLS;,SO YOUR FAITH MUST SOMETHING OUT SIDE OF THE TRUE GOD ,RIGHT?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,23:26)
    Mike

Paul preached a different Gospel than Jesus and the disciples of Jesus preached or didn't you understand that?

You're kidding, right?  

1 Peter 1
    1 …….for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood……

Was the blood of the scapegoat ever shed, Asana?

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

Peter also seems to think that Jesus died.

18 For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed…………, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Peter considers Jesus a lamb (not a scapegoat) who shed his blood for our redemption.

21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

Our faith and hope for everlasting life are in God, who raised Jesus from the dead to everlasting life.

Asana, did Paul preach a different gospel than Peter?  If so, will you at least believe Peter over Mohammad?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,14:04)
    Hi BD,

Water baptism symbolizes death and resurrection; you do know that, right?   <– please answer.

B'shem (in the Name of)

Yes or it also just symbolizes being cleansed of sin either way serves the purpose.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 07 2012,22:28)

Asana, I pray that you go back to your first love, and leave behind things that alter or add to the scriptures.

bod

that is just talk ;but it is not men that judges us it is God Jehovah ,our creator ,and there is no way that we can deceive him all what we ever done is written and we can not find excuses for nothing,we have done or not done that we should have done ,

so the only thing i can say is ;you do not worship the God of Jesus and the apostels and so have rejected the GOSPEL of the son of God and also his sacrifice ,by your action of refusal
    to comply to the will of the word of God the scriptures that he has given to Moses and other prophets,but not Muhammat,

Pierre

When you speak it makes no sense, you cannot tell someone they don't put God first it makes you sound ignorant. I have said on this site from the beginning that I worship the God of Jesus but are you so blind as to not know that the God of Jesus is also the God of EVERYONE becuase there is only ONE GOD that has created the HEAVENS and the EARTH.

So, let me say that there is ONLY ONE GOD and that is who i WORSHIP if you don't worship God with me then just say you don't put God first but don't include me in your misunderstandings and slander

bod

2Ch 15:3 For a long time Israel was without the true God, without a priest to teach and without the law.
    Jn 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    1Th 1:9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,
    1Jn 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true—even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Jas 2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Jas 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

I do not see any reference to your faith or your self proclaim prophet ;except IDOLS;,SO YOUR FAITH MUST SOMETHING OUT SIDE OF THE TRUE GOD ,RIGHT?

Pierre

Notice you did not see the words Jew or Christian either so what is your point?

You have a problem with understanding and comprehension

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,08:55)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 07 2012,22:28)

bod

Pierre

bod

Pierre

You have a problem with understanding and comprehension

bod

where ??

Pierre

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,13:15)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.
    Jesus was anointed from birth he was conceived by the HOLY SPIRIT and guess what he was anointed with the HOLY SPIRIT again:

King James Version (KJV)

40And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Jesus was always Christ not just after baptism if itwere the case he was not Christ before the baptism then he would not have been baptised for the remission of the sins oF israel and those who believe in him

Hi BD:

Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and was born an innocent infant, just as any other infant that is born into this world.

He was not baptized in the Holy Spirit at this time. He was raised by Joseph and Mary, parents who were under the Law of Moses.

He was not anointed with the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in the river Jordan:

He began his ministry reading the following:

Luk 4:16 ¶ And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,12:15)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Jesus was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, and was born an innocent infant, just as any other infant that is born into this world.

He was not baptized in the Holy Spirit at this time.  He was raised by Joseph and Mary, parents who were under the Law of Moses.  

He was not anointed with the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in the river Jordan:

Luk 4:16 ¶ And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.  

Luk 4:17   And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,  

Luk 4:18   The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  

Luk 4:19   To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.  

Luk 4:20   And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.  

Luk 4:21   And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

No, you are wrong He was anointed from conception before he was baptized John the Baptist had recognized him as the Messiah. Anointed Means “a consecrated one” The angel said to Mary “this Holy Thing shall be called the son of God” in other words he was already consecrated and devoted to God from birth.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,13:39)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

He was not baptized in the Holy Spirit at this time.  He was raised by Joseph and Mary, parents who were under the Law of Moses.  

Luk 4:17   And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,  

Luk 4:18   The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,  

Luk 4:20   And he closed the book, and he gave [it] again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.  

Luk 4:21   And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

No, you are wrong He was anointed from conception before he was baptized John the Baptist had recognized him as the Messiah. Anointed Means “a consecrated one” The angel said to Mary “this Holy Thing shall be called the son of God” in other words he was already consecrated and devoted to God from birth.

Hi BD:

He is the “Only Begotten Son of God” conceived of the Holy
    Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary. He was the Son of God under the Law of Moses.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
    Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

He did not receive the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in water at the Jordan:

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

That he was consecrated as the Messiah from his birth is true, but his ministry did not begin until he was 30 years old.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,14:16)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.  He was the Son of God under the Law of Moses.

Gal 4:4   But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  
    Gal 4:5   To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  

He did not receive the Holy Spirit until he was baptized in water at the Jordan:

Mat 3:16   And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:  

Mat 3:17   And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

That he was consecrated as the Messiah from his birth is true, but his ministry did not begin until he was 30 years old.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The beginning of his ministry has nothing to do with him being anointed from birth to fulfill his ministry, he was born HOLY which means he was born SET APART and ANOINTED for the service of GOD. I cannot budge on this position

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,14:28)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary.  He was the Son of God under the Law of Moses.

Gal 4:4   But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,  
    Gal 4:5   To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.  

Mat 3:16   And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:  

Mat 3:17   And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The beginning of his ministry has nothing to do with him being anointed from birth to fulfill his ministry, he was born HOLY which means he was born SET APART and ANOINTED for the service of GOD. I cannot budge on this position

Hi BD:

I agreed that he was set apart for this ministry from his birth, but the question is when he had received the Holy Ghost, and the scriptures show that this was after he was baptized in the river Jordan.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

terraricca
    Participant

Marty

I agreed that he was set apart for this ministry from his birth, but the question is when he had received the Holy Ghost, and the scriptures show that this was after he was baptized in the river Jordan.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

the scriptures says that the holy spirit came down on him but STOPPED above him (in the form of a dove like ) this was a sign to John the Baptist,

this is not where Christ received the holy spirit ,or show me the scripture that says it

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2012,23:01)
    Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

the scriptures says that the holy spirit came down on him but STOPPED above him (in the form of a dove like ) this was a sign to John the Baptist,

this is not where Christ received the holy spirit ,or show me the scripture that says it

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Perhaps you have overlooked this part of the verse? …
    (John 1:33) “Upon whom thou shalt see the [HolySpirit] descending,
    and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the HolySpirit.”

B'shem
    YHVH

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 09 2012,07:54)

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 08 2012,23:01)
    Marty

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Perhaps you have overlooked this part of the verse? …
    (John 1:33) “Upon whom thou shalt see the [HolySpirit] descending,
    and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the HolySpirit.”

B'shem
    YHVH

edj

Mt 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.
    Mt 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Mk 1:10 As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove.
    Mk 1:11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
    Mk 1:12 At once the Spirit sent him out into the desert

Lk 3:21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened
    Lk 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
    Lk 3:23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,

Jn 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
    Jn 1:30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’
    Jn 1:31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
    Jn 1:32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.

Jn 1:33 I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
    Jn 1:34 I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.”

so you forgot Jn1;33;34

Pierre

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 08 2012,14:35)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 08 2012,14:28)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

ED.

King James Version (KJV)

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Actually the question was not about the Holy Spirit or His ministry it was about when he was Anointed with his position and thishappened at birth according to the Magi who offered him gifts because he was the promised anointed Saviour and he already had the Holy Spirit or did you not realize that a person receives portions of Holy Spirit.

2 Kings 2:8-10

New International Version (NIV)

8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

First Jesus was born with a portion and he kept increasing in spirit didn't you know that John the Baptist had The Holy Spirit even befor he was born?

Luke 1:15
    for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.

I think this proves my case

terraricca
    Participant

bod

Ge 3:15 And I will put enmity
    between you and the woman,
    and between your offspring and hers;
    he will crush your head,
    and you will strike his heel.”

ALL WHAT CHRIST DID AND WILL YET DO IS IN THIS VERSE,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 692 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account