Reason and Religion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 692 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2012,11:59)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 04 2012,18:42)
    John 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say?
    Father, save me from this hour?

Surely Jesus was in on the plan to fool others into thinking he died, right?

Kind of makes you wonder why he was troubled then.  :)

He wouldn't have to be in on the plan he could have really believed that he was going to be killed by crucifixion and the fact that he was willing to be crucufied is greater then being actually crucified just like Abraham and his son.

But according to your current belief that Jesus knew this was the plan from the beginning of time it would make no sense to be troubled at all in-fact he would have been exceedingly happy if it was the plan but he even says it his not his will that it should happen, so are you ready to believe that God forced it upon Jesus?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 05 2012,11:56)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 04 2012,18:23)
    The bottom line is I have shown you atonement without Sacrifice

Wrong.  You have pointed to where TWO goats are brought forth, and ONE of them is sacrificed for the sins of Israel, while the OTHER one is let go.

You'd have a chance at something here if there were TWO Jesuses, one of whom died and one of whom was scapegoated.

Asana, Jesus is the LAMB of God.  Were any lambs ever scapegoated?

Mike

Honestly you do understand that one of the goats was to be presented ALIVE before Jehovah for ATONEMENT right?

More proof of this type of atonement is here:

Exodus 34:20
    But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

Jesus could not be sacrificed according to God's own law, he is the firstborn he must be redeemed

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,12:23)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,11:42)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,11:13)

Jesus was delivered on his day of trouble, God saved him from death on the cross?

Hi BD,

You put a 'book of fraud' above Jesus' words?
    Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.   …What do you say about this?

B'shem
    YHVH

That's funny ED because that's exactly what he said according to the other witnesses.

Mark 14:36
    And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Matthew 26:39
    And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 26:42
    He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Luke 22:42
    Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

So Mark, Mathew and Luke says he did ask to be saved and you still deny this?

Hi BD, Jesus also said…

the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” (Matt 26:41)

Its funny how you pick and choose what part of God's word you want to believe,
    but yet you will swallow the 'book of fraud' hook line and sinker.

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,12:38)

Jesus was delivered on his day of trouble, God saved him from death on the cross?

Hi BD,

Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.   …What do you say about this?

B'shem
    YHVH

That's funny ED because that's exactly what he said according to the other witnesses.

And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Hi BD, Jesus also said…

B'shem
    YHVH

Jesus also said:

John 6:63
    It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

If the flesh profits nothing how could a sacrifice of flesh save anyone?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,17:00)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD, Jesus also said…

B'shem
    YHVH

Jesus also said:

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Hi BD,

YHVH said: sin brings death, therefore justice must be served.
    You should accept Jesus' ransom sacrifice, not reject it. (Heb.9:22)

If you reject, BD, Jesus' blood, here is the fate that you choose for yourself…
    Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy,
    who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
    wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

B'shem (in the Name of)
    YHVH (the everlasting God)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,17:37)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD, Jesus also said…

B'shem
    YHVH

Jesus also said:

Hi BD,

who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant,
    wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

B'shem (in the Name of)

Hebrews 9:22

King James Version (KJV)

22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Psalm 49:7
    None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

ED I ask you was Jesus wicked?

Proverbs 21:18
    The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.

I don't believe he was

But he did GIVE his LIFE as a RANSOM in SERVICE

Matthew 20

25But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,17:56)

Hi BD, do you have mildew in your house and wonder why it is there?

if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
    His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day;
    (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which
    YHVH thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.” (Deut 21:22-23)

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he
    might bring us to God
    , being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:
    for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Gal.3:13)

Deut.28:15-24 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of YHVH thy God,
    to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day;
    that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee: 16 Cursed shalt thou be
    in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field. 17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
    18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
    19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
    20 The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do,
    until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
    21 YHVH shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
    22 YHVH shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning,
    and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
    23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
    24 YHVH shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

B'shem (in the Name of)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD, Jesus also said…

B'shem
    YHVH

Jesus also said:

Hi BD,

B'shem (in the Name of)

King James Version (KJV)

22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

The wicked shall be a ransom for the righteous, and the transgressor for the upright.

I don't believe he was

Matthew 20

25But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

28Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Hi BD,

Do you believe what Matthew 20:28 says?   …PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION?

B'shem (in the Name of)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,18:26)

Hi BD, do you have mildew in your house and wonder why it is there?

if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
    His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day;
    (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which
    YHVH thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.” (Deut 21:22-23)

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he
    might bring us to God
    , being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
    Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:
    for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: (Gal.3:13)

Deut.28:15-24 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of YHVH thy God,
    to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day;
    that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee: 16 Cursed shalt thou be
    in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field. 17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
    18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
    19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
    20 The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do,
    until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
    21 YHVH shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
    22 YHVH shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning,
    and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.
    23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.
    24 YHVH shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

B'shem (in the Name of)

I would never wonfder why mildew is anywhere do you ponder such things as the effects of moisture and heat?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,18:27)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD, Jesus also said…

B'shem
    YHVH

Jesus also said:

Hi BD,

B'shem (in the Name of)

King James Version (KJV)

I don't believe he was

Matthew 20

Hi BD,

Do you believe what Matthew 20:28 says?   …PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION?

B'shem (in the Name of)

Ransom is never applied to a death or property loss. Ransom is Value exchange therefore for Jesus to be a Ransom for many he would have to have Value from his life not from his death.

Do you understand that Jesus was given permission to intercede on the behlf of those who accept him as their High Priest? He is using his Value as a vouchsafe for those who have repented

Hebrews 7:25
    Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Asana,

We could go back and forth about this forever.  Let's suffice to say that Jesus said the words “I WAS DEAD”, and I believe him.  You think he was joking around.

Paul said that since Jesus died, he cannot die AGAIN.  I believe Paul, and you don't.

You think we speak falsehoods about God because we speak of God raising Jesus from the dead.  On the other hand, we think your book, which was written much later and contradicts many scriptures, has YOU speaking falsehoods about God.

I agree to disagree with you on this subject.

peace,
    mike

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2012,09:37)
    Asana,

We could go back and forth about this forever.  Let's suffice to say that Jesus said the words “I WAS DEAD”, and I believe him.  You think he was joking around.

Paul said that since Jesus died, he cannot die AGAIN.  I believe Paul, and you don't.

You think we speak falsehoods about God because we speak of God raising Jesus from the dead.  On the other hand, we think your book, which was written much later and contradicts many scriptures, has YOU speaking falsehoods about God.

I agree to disagree with you on this subject.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike :)

That is not a problem look :

Behold! Allah said: “O jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
    ( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #55)

If we disagree based upon faith and our willingness to please God all is well

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Revelation 2:4
    Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.

Asana, I pray that you go back to your first love, and leave behind things that alter or add to the scriptures.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2012,09:49)

Asana, I pray that you go back to your first love, and leave behind things that alter or add to the scriptures.

My First LOVE is GOD ALMIGHTY and I have never forsaken GOD ALMIGHTY, do you have a different first love? Is Jesus your first love?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,17:07)

My First LOVE is GOD ALMIGHTY and I have never forsaken GOD ALMIGHTY, do you have a different first love? Is Jesus your first love?

bod

that is just talk ;but it is not men that judges us it is God Jehovah ,our creator ,and there is no way that we can deceive him all what we ever done is written and we can not find excuses for nothing,we have done or not done that we should have done ,

so the only thing i can say is ;you do not worship the God of Jesus and the apostels and so have rejected the GOSPEL of the son of God and also his sacrifice ,by your action of refusal
    to comply to the will of the word of God the scriptures that he has given to Moses and other prophets,but not Muhammat,

is name is unknown in Gods book,
    and this is based on your own words

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,17:07)

My First LOVE is GOD ALMIGHTY and I have never forsaken GOD ALMIGHTY……………..

You forsake Him by not believing in the Christ He sent, or the very reason he was sent in the first place. You forsake Him by not believing the very words of the Word of God, who said, “I WAS DEAD”.

Galatians 1
    1 Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead

3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father…………..

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Asana, didn't Mohammad preach a different gospel than “what YOU accepted” in the beginning? Didn't Mohammad preach a different gospel than the one Paul and his fellow disciples of Jesus preached?

Something to think about.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 06 2012,10:58)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,17:07)

bod

that is just talk ;but it is not men that judges us it is God Jehovah ,our creator ,and there is no way that we can deceive him all what we ever done is written and we can not find excuses for nothing,we have done or not done that we should have done ,

so the only thing i can say is ;you do not worship the God of Jesus and the apostels and so have rejected the GOSPEL of the son of God and also his sacrifice ,by your action of refusal
    to comply to the will of the word of God the scriptures that he has given to Moses and other prophets,but not Muhammat,

is name is unknown in Gods book,
    and this is based on your own words

Pierre

When you speak it makes no sense, you cannot tell someone they don't put God first it makes you sound ignorant. I have said on this site from the beginning that I worship the God of Jesus but are you so blind as to not know that the God of Jesus is also the God of EVERYONE becuase there is only ONE GOD that has created the HEAVENS and the EARTH.

What other God has created EVERYTHING?

So, let me say that there is ONLY ONE GOD and that is who i WORSHIP if you don't worship God with me then just say you don't put God first but don't include me in your misunderstandings and slander

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 06 2012,11:14)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,17:07)

My First LOVE is GOD ALMIGHTY and I have never forsaken GOD ALMIGHTY……………..

You forsake Him by not believing in the Christ He sent, or the very reason he was sent in the first place.  You forsake Him by not believing the very words of the Word of God, who said, “I WAS DEAD”.

Galatians 1
    1 Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead

3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father…………..

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

Asana, didn't Mohammad preach a different gospel than “what YOU accepted” in the beginning?  Didn't Mohammad preach a different gospel than the one Paul and his fellow disciples of Jesus preached?

Something to think about.

Mike

Paul preached a different Gospel than Jesus and the disciples of Jesus preached or didn't you understand that?

The whole point of what Paul is saying in the scriptures you quoted is that he gave them a gospel for the UNCIRCUMCISED and the disciples were preaching the original gospel and he is telling the people that he is teaching them right and not to listen to the gospel for the circumcised and here is proof:

Acts 15:1
    And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

Acts 15:24
    Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

So this was the context of the scriptures you quoted and is not what Jesus preached which was THE GOSPEL of THE KINGDOM of GOD which is what is preached in the Quran

Jesus and Paul taught 2 different things to 2 different types of people and I'm not saying anything is wrong with that but I am just clarifying this point so you won't be mislead with provocative sounding scriptures being misapplied.

Jesus was not sent to the gentiles and said “do not go to the gentiles” He never told Jews to give up the law and circumcision, yes my friend Paul taught a different gospel he even calls it his own gospel:

Romans 2:16
    In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

2 Timothy 2:8
    Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,05:12)
    Ransom is never applied to a death or property loss. Ransom is Value exchange therefore for Jesus to be a Ransom for many he would have to have Value from his life not from his death.

Do you understand that Jesus was given permission to intercede on the behlf of those who accept him as their High Priest? He is using his Value as a vouchsafe for those who have repented

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hi BD,

That refers to after Jesus resurrection.
    You do not even believe he died yet, so YOU
    believing in his resurrection is still a few steps away.

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,02:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 06 2012,05:12)

Hi BD,

That refers to after Jesus resurrection.
    You do not even believe he died yet, so YOU
    believing in his resurrection is still a few steps away.

B'shem
    YHVH

What do you mean that refers to Jesus after resurrection? Was Jesus the Messiah before or after the resurrection?

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 692 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account