Psalms 68:4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author

I looked up this verse 2 days after I found this in my hard copy gideon new KJ bible after a cross reference from my bible reading in New World Translation of course. It turns out 9 out of 15 translations on biblos.com use God's name in short or whole in this verse opinions please.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ July 17 2011,03:32)
    I looked up this verse 2 days after I found this in my hard copy gideon new KJ bible after a cross reference from my bible reading in New World Translation of course.  It turns out 9 out of 15 translations on biblos.com use God's name in short or whole in this verse opinions please.

Hi BC&JW,

God's Signature
                                    Proof of God=117
    GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)………………….(Psalm 68:4)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)………………..(Exodus 6:3)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)………………(Isaiah 12:2)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)……………(Isaiah 26:4)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)…………..(Psalm 83:18)

God's Signature traces its roots from the “AKJV Bible” all the way back through the Greek language, to the Hebrew.
    Tracing the roots of “God's Signature”. There are EXACTLY “Five” ways to spell GOD in Greek …

……………..1) θεος …is the nominative singular
    ……………..2) θεου …is the genitive singular
    ……………..3) θεω ….is the dative singular
    ……………..4) θεον …is the accusative singular
    ……………..5) θεε …. is the vocative singular

There are exactly “Five” words that translate into English as GOD…

1) Strong’s 426: אלה (ĔL-äh) elah: corresponding to 433; God:-God, god.
    2) Strong’s 433: אלוה (ĔL-ō-äh) eloah: from 410; a deity or The Deity:-God, god. See 430
    3) Strong’s 6697: צור (tsû-är) tsoor: a rock; a refuge(house); X(times) mighty God, sharp, X stone, X strength.
    4) Strong’s 430: אלהים (ĔL-ō-Hêêm) elohiym: plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense;
        but specifically used in the plural of the supreme God; angels, X exceedingly; God, X great, judges, X mighty.
    5) Strong’s 410: אל (ĔL) ale: mighty; strength; The Almighty (also used of any deity):- God, X goodly, X great; power.

I will show that the “AKJV Bible” has JEHOVAH’s Signature embedded directly into it!
    GOD’s Name is expressed [4] times in the AKJV Bible as JEHOVAH and [1] time as JAH;
    JEHOVAH is ONLY used in three phrases, illustrating a Trinity within this translation.

1) JEHOVAH, My Name is: “YHVH”=63 (Exodus 6:3)
    2) JEHOVAH is The Most High, “GOD The Father”=117 (Psalm 83:18)
    3) The LORD JEHOVAH=151, The Savior=117, in “Jesus Christ”=151 (Isaiah 12:2)
    4) The LORD JEHOVAH=151, “our YHVH”=117, is Everlasting strength, “Holy Spirit”=151 (Isaiah 26:4)
    5) JAH, The Name of “GOD”=26 is יהוה=26, spoken as “YÄ”=26 and “YÄ-hä-vā: He's worthy to be extolled! (Psalm 68:4)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
    Link to the thread that PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE

mikeboll64
    Blocked

It is no secret to anyone that where the Hebrew text has “YHWH”, the majority of English translators render it as “LORD”.

Whether they want to hide the name that Jehovah gave us to remember Him by or not, the fact remains that His Name WAS given to Moses, and through Moses to us, for a reason.

Why on earth the English translators would go out of their way to eliminate the actual Name of our God from the scriptures is beyond my comprehension.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

It started with Judaism, because they didn't want to be responsible
    for others taking the name of “The LORD” in vain. (See Ex.20:7 & Deut.5:11)
    This is the very reason why you and others misspell and mispronounce YHVH (YÄ-hä-vā).
    A sort of “Fence law” as they came to be known. Hebrew has no “J” sound and has no “W” sound.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Ed,

I've heard that “guess”, as well as other ones.

I personally think it has something to do with this verse:
    Amos 6:10
    And if a relative who is to burn the bodies comes to carry them out of the house and asks anyone still hiding there, “Is anyone with you?” and he says, “No,” then he will say, “Hush! We must not mention the name of the LORD.”

I believe that in the destruction that God was delivering on the Israelites, they maybe thought they could “hide” from Him if they didn't say His Name.

About your “W” claim:  You MAY be right.  But many scholars seem to think “Yahweh” is the correct pronunciation of God's Name.  And “Yahweh” does have a “W” sound.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

all

Ps 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Cast up a highway for him that rideth through the deserts; His name is Jehovah; and exult ye before him ASV

Ps 68:4 Sing unto God, sing forth his name; cast up a way for him that rideth in the deserts: his name is Jah; and rejoice before him. Darby version

Ps 68:4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him.KJV

singing to God is given glory to his word the scriptures

it is like a prayer.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And it is only proper to use the Name He gave us to remember Him by when praising Him, IMO.

It matters not that we don't know the exact pronunciation, because we call Yeshua Jesus in America and they call him “Haysoos” in Mexico.

It is the thought that we are trying to refer to our God by the personal Name He gave us to use that is important to Him, IMO.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

God's Signature
                                             Proof of God=117
            GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)………………….(Psalm 68:4)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)………………..(Exodus 6:3)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)………………(Isaiah 12:2)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)……………(Isaiah 26:4)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)…………..(Psalm 83:18)

Hi Mike,

Yeshua (Yəsh-yü-ă) is not Jesus' name!   …and here is why…

The Hebrew word [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă merely means ‘He will save’. Distancing [יה]’s (YÄ's) salvation
    from the man Jesus is a rejection of Jesus=74 as Messiah=74. This subtle distinction of [ישוע] Yəsh-yü-ă
    purposely substituted for [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă usually goes unnoticed when heard by a non Hebrew-speaking person;
    nevertheless, this wholly implies a specific denial of Jesus as Lord and Savior. So, Yeshua (Yəsh-yü-ă) is not Jesus' name!

Jesus’ authentic Name [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă has a direct connection to GOD’s name [יה]
    in that YÄ is the first part of Jesus’ “REAL” name. GOD’s name [יה] (YÄ) is not vocalized
    in the English translation of the name Jesus and therefore misses the precise exactness
    and direct authentic connection to God’s Hebrew name [יה] YÄ. Knowing Jesus’ Name יהשוע in
    Hebrew means: (“YÄ is salvation” [יה]+[ישע]=[יהשוע]) the salvation of [GOD the Father=117].
    Jesus REAL name [יהשוע] authentically establishes [יהוה] JEHOVAH as the highest Name. (Ps.83:18)

Philippians 2:9,11: Wherefore [Holy Spirit=151] has highly exalted [Jesus=74] giving Him a name
    which is above every name, to the glory of [GOD The Father=117]. Neither is there salvation in
    any other name
    : for there is no other name given among men (יהשוע), whereby we must be
    saved. (Acts 4:12) People speaking fluent Hebrew know that, in essence, [יהשוע] YÄ-shü-ă
    means: “YÄ is Savior”. The Name of [GOD=26], [יהוה=26], is [YÄ=26]; and “YÄ-hä-vā”!

“The Savior”=117 is “GOD The Father”=117, 117=“יהוה האלהים” (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā. hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm!
    He is “The Savior” to all who walk the ground! “JEHOVAH GOD”; and there is ‘NO’ other! (Isaiah 43:11)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 18 2011,05:26)
    And it is only proper to use the Name He gave us to remember Him by when praising Him, IMO.

It matters not that we don't know the exact pronunciation, because we call Yeshua Jesus in America and they call him “Haysoos” in Mexico.

It is the thought that we are trying to refer to our God by the personal Name He gave us to use that is important to Him, IMO.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

I will make thy name (יהוה YÄ-hä-vā) to be remembered in all generations:
    therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever. (Psalms 45:17)

Ps.117:1-2: O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
    For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of
    the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye The LORD.”

Hebrew: [הללויה]=Hallelujah ………………………הלל/hâläl] Praise [ו/ü] ye [יה/YÄ] The LORD.
    Greek: [αλληλουια]=Ălləlüēä ……………………..These phrases both mean Praise ye The LORD.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Ed,

Actually those phrases mean “Praise Jah”, not “Praise the LORD”.

Now, are you making a point here?  If I pray to Jehovah, is my prayer not heard because I didn't pray to “Ya Ha Va”?  If I pray through the name of Jesus, is my prayer not heard because I didn't say “Yashua”?

What do you think?

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 18 2011,12:09)
    Hi Ed,

Actually those phrases mean “Praise Jah”, not “Praise the LORD”.

Now, are you making a point here?  If I pray to Jehovah, is my prayer not heard because I didn't pray to “Ya Ha Va”?  If I pray through the name of Jesus, is my prayer not heard because I didn't say “Yashua”?

What do you think?

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

I believe JEHOVAH and JESUS are fine,
    but Yeshua and YHWH are not OK!
    Because they're meant to deceive;
    being ‘purposefully altered’ !

Your friend

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thanks for your thoughts, Ed. :) But since Acts 4:10 was written in Greek by Luke, there is no chance that someone tried to doctor “Yashua” into “Yeshua” – for the name written was “Iesous”.

As far as a “W” instead of a “V” in YHWH, I really see no ulterior motives by anyone involved, for the name STILL means “I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be”.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 18 2011,12:51)
    Thanks for your thoughts, Ed.  :)  But since Acts 4:10 was written in Greek by Luke, there is no chance that someone tried to doctor “Yashua” into “Yeshua” – for the name written was “Iesous”.

As far as a “W” instead of a “V” in YHWH, I really see no ulterior motives by anyone involved, for the name STILL means “I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be”.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

And thank you for your opinion as well, it's always appreciated.

Both the Greek spelling of “Jesus“=74, and it's pronunciation “Ιησους”=74×12 “Ē-Ā-Soos”=74,
    have a connection to the Theomatic value (seventy four) of Jesus. (God's Signature, previous page)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 17 2011,04:33)
    It is no secret to anyone that where the Hebrew text has “YHWH”, the majority of English translators render it as “LORD”.

Whether they want to hide the name that Jehovah gave us to remember Him by or not, the fact remains that His Name WAS given to Moses, and through Moses to us, for a reason.

Why on earth the English translators would go out of their way to eliminate the actual Name of our God from the scriptures is beyond my comprehension.

peace,
    mike

Greetings Mike ….. At Sinai Moses asked the Eternal “By what name shall we call thee”? And his answer was “IAM that IAM”…..There are many names for the Eternal One…..IMHO Almighty God pretty much covers it…Iam somewhat confused with all this piety that is rooted in having to use the Hebrew…God knows our heart and if it is contrite we may address him as father and seek favor through prayer in the name of Jesus…(who also has several names)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ July 20 2011,01:19)

peace,
    mike

Greetings Mike ….. At Sinai Moses asked the Eternal “By what name shall we call thee”? And his answer was “IAM that IAM”…..There are many names for the Eternal One…..IMHO Almighty God pretty much covers it…Iam somewhat confused with all this piety that is rooted in having to use the Hebrew…God knows our heart and if it is contrite we may address him as father and seek favor through prayer in the name of Jesus…(who also has several names)

theo

but there is only one that is ;the God of Abraham,Issac and Jacob and also the God and father of Jesus Christ, and the God who his the master of the universe

I am sure when I address my prayers to this entity my mail will go to the wright God in heaven

Pierre

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 20 2011,07:02)

Quote (theodorej @ July 20 2011,01:19)

peace,
    mike

theo

but there is only one that is ;the God of Abraham,Issac and Jacob  and also the God and father of Jesus Christ, and the God who his the master of the universe

I am sure when I address my prayers to this entity my mail will go to the wright God in heaven

Pierre

Pierre ….. I could not have stated it better…..The Father is the God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob….. He is the Yahweh,He is the El Shaddai and the mighty God….Jesus is the wounderfull one,The Prince of Peace and The Lion of Judah…

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Theo,

13 Nevertheless, Moses said to the [true] God: “Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, ‘The God of YOUR forefathers has sent me to YOU,’ and they do say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What shall I say to them?” 14 At this God said to Moses: “I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE.” And he added: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU.’” 15 Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of YOUR forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to YOU.’ This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.

The bolded part is why I pray to Jehovah through His Son Jesus Christ.

But I get your point and Pierre's.  I'm not trying to make this a mandatory thing, just explaining why I do it the way I do it.  :)

And I still see no reason for modern translators to replace what is actually written in the Hebrew texts with “LORD”.  If it says YHWH in the Hebrew, then write that in the English.  Or write “I Am”, or “I Will Be”, or “Yahweh” or “Jehovah”.  But don't generalize the Name our Creator gave us for Himself by using the word “LORD”.  

Hey guys, did you know that the earliest fragments of an LXX ms ever found actually has the Hebrew letters YHWH mixed in among the Greek text any time the scripture had YHWH in the original Hebrew text?

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

So you would have them  ‘instead’  use words that are even more misleading?
    “The LORD” means “The Owner”; is not God the owner?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi Ed,

I would have them use the word “Lord” only when the Hebrew text said “Lord”.  If the Hebrew text said “YHWH”, then I would have them distinguish those times FROM the times the text said “Adonay”.

Who are we to rewrite what God has inspired to be written down?  They should pick a word that they want to signify “YHWH”, like “Jehovah” or “Yahweh” or whatever, and stick strictly to the script of the Bible.  (Just like the NWT does – at least on the mentions of YHWH in the OT.)

Besides Ed, MANY people in the scriptures were/are “Lords/Owners”.  Are they all equally Jehovah?  It is a generic word that truly IS sometimes used of Jehovah in the scriptures.  But they should only translate it thus if the original text has it that way.

peace,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 21 2011,21:31)
    Hi Ed,

I would have them use the word “Lord” only when the Hebrew text said “Lord”.  If the Hebrew text said “YHWH”, then I would have them distinguish those times FROM the times the text said “Adonay”.

Who are we to rewrite what God has inspired to be written down?  They should pick a word that they want to signify “YHWH”, like “Jehovah” or “Yahweh” or whatever, and stick strictly to the script of the Bible.  (Just like the NWT does – at least on the mentions of YHWH in the OT.)

Besides Ed, MANY people in the scriptures were/are “Lords/Owners”.  Are they all equally Jehovah?  It is a generic word that truly IS sometimes used of Jehovah in the scriptures.  But they should only translate it thus if the original text has it that way.

peace,
    mike

Mike

you know I have a french bible and it says Jehovah everywhere it is in the Hebrew bible ,it is date 1905

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account