Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,301 through 17,320 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

The word ‘person’ appears to be made of two words, ‘per’ & ‘son’ which I think means ‘a son’ or ‘one son. I haven’t checked this out so I am not sure, but those two words leap out at me. For this reason, I generally do not call God a person either. However, the meaning that most invoke when using that word is to denote that God is alive and a conscious being. Although I am not sure that the word ‘being’ is used either. So I am personally not offended by it because I know people who call God a person are not saying he is a son and Jesus taught us that it is the heart that matters. Pharisees will condemn people for using it I suppose as they are legalistic.

I tend to use the word ‘Identity’ for want of a better word as I try to convey to people that nature and identity are not the same, thus the word ‘theos’ can be used either way.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Are you mocking those who try to teach you to listen to the Spirit or mocking the the Word of God?

No.

If a man has the spirit, he will demonstrate love. For those who love are born from above. Those who do not love, do not know God and neither are they born from above, for God is love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

If we prefer to use human concepts we are easily deceived.

The respect we have for God should make us careful in these matters

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So you derive concepts about God from your reading of scripture.

And these derived concepts are a useful foundation for your theology.

So how do you get your ideas, speculations and opinions out of the way?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

A person reads to derive concepts because that is how to understand what is read.

To place speculation, opinions, and those things that are not based on truth or certainty in the right place one watches themselves just as instructed by God.

Without certainty faith either does not exist or is weak.

Jesus teaches in parable that those who see Spiritually will derive the truth but those that see in a soulish manner will be be blind and some will be mislead.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

And you do not think God will show you by encouraging you to compare verse with verse?

You really need to add stuff?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I hope God does show me. I do compare verse with verse but I do not deny God is living and active and speaks his truth in other ways but Scripture. Even Scripture testifies of that since Paul came preaching a new thing and the Beareans searched Scriptures to see if it was true.

I also know that Scripture does not always include the unwritten context for what is written. There is no context about the third heaven and Sheol is hard to understand. Some of this is the fault of translators, who disagreed with what is written and so used words to conceal the truth. For example the word Hell is used for Sheol/Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus. Some do not consider that animals have souls so they are refereed to as living creatures instead of living souls. References to ghost and spirits are concealed but those who do not believe in ghosts. Mostly they outright untruths but they do use deception for one reason or another.

It is from the Jews that I learned the best explanation for why the bible talks of the wicked suffering in Gehenna and also being destroyed. Their explanation fits the new testament which they claim is a lie. The wicked suffer for a time and a time but at the end of that they are destroyed. Their judgement is eternal but their suffering is not. Yet, there are bibles that claim it is eternal and those that insist it is because those that came before left the path of righteousness and so obscured the truth. It is the truth that I search for and hope to find.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You ask Kerwin this “So you derive concepts about God from your reading of scripture”?, does it not make sense to you as a Bible believer  that this is what we do? and Yahweh,Jehovah,God or whatever you please to call him shows himself very human in the OT,Hebrew or Jewish bible,or whatever you choose to call that. Do you deny the humanity of the Jewish God? let’s use this as a starter-he has backparts. And I suppose that’s somehow all ethereal  too.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AndrewAD. ..JESUS SAID GOD IS SPIRIT, and he also saif no man has seen God at anytime, and whe he described spirit he saidit was like the wind, you can hear the sound of it but you can not tell where is come or where it goes.

Yes we can see the effect of spirits. But you can not see them because they are spirits. Jesus also that the kingdom of God can not with observation, but that it was “in” a person. All who have the spirit of UNSEEN GOD IN THEM ARE GODS CHILDERN.

THE CLOSEST I EVER CAME TO SEEMING SOMETHING was many years ago, i had become so sick i was a the point of death, i was not able to eat or drink for seven days, i had an elder anoint me on the 3rd or 4th day , but i continued to get worse, at the end of those days i was so weak i could hardly hold my head up. I looked up at the ceiling in the bedroom i was in, and said TO GOD THE FATHER, IT LOOKS AS IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HEAL ME, BUT ARE GOING TO LET ME DIE . I truly expected to die right then, And suddenly i saw a object come through my bedroom door, it was about as high as a human head, it looked like water, and was turning slowly, it was about a foot in diameter flatened like an oblique rope slowly spining, it came straight through my door and lined up right between feet and advanced toward me and it came to rest right over my head, it hesitated there for a few seconds and went back the exact same way it entered through my bedroom door. I was instantly heald as fast as you could smap you fingers, all the weakness left me and my strenght returned to me and i was hungry and told my wife to cook me a stake, and that GOD HAD JUST HEALD ME .

NOW I dont know if it was done by God the Father, or he sent an angel, but i do know what i saw and the only thing i saw was a rope looking object clear, I could see it, it had the appearance of water. So there was something there, but i do not know what. What also i know the LORD must have been listening to my prayer.

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

AndrewAD
    Participant

That’s a nice testimony Gene and I’m glad you are well. But if you want to argue religion with me be prepared to suffer mentally.

All love in christ, Andrew

AndrewAD
    Participant

Hey Gene,

I don’t mean that in a bad way and i know we agree on many things as I’ve even been accused on this site as being a follower of yours.And that’s okay with me.I have testimonies too which would be open to ridicule if I gave them.Not saying I ridicule yours,which I truly don’t. And my intention is never to cause mental suffering either but to only open eyes perhaps.I understand we all have differing opinions on many things and that is not always a bad thing either,it’s just part of us as religious people. I like everyone here on heaven.net and wish the best for  you and all.God bless!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

One thing is sure.

What you do now you will always do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Some want to understand, to fill the gaps in their knowledge.

Others of us want to make sure we are known and loved by God

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God loves you but do you love yourself?

That is a question that each of us must answer by our actions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Narcissism is not on the agenda.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You misunderstand what love is if you think narcissism is loving yourself.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New English Translation (NET Bible)

4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful. 6 It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. But if there are prophecies, they will be set aside; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be set aside.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Self does not seem to be there.

Folks imagine it should be.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Love yourself as in apply it to yourself.

That is the definition of Love here is where you apply to yourself in order to apply it to others.

Leviticus 19:18New English Translation (NET Bible)

18 You must not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the children of your people, but you must love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Proclaimer
    Participant

God is love. So it is that those who are born of him, love others.

Love is kind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

For God mercy triumphs over judgement.

But you judge?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,301 through 17,320 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account