Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,621 through 16,640 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Can “any of them”(=of all the inhabitants of the world) redeem his brother – “Yes” or “No”?

Hi Kerwin,

You cannot answer “No” because then you are agreeing with me that your belief is wrong.
    Nor can you answer “Yes” because then you are saying Scripture is wrong.

So in order to maintain false belief your only response
    can be to misdirect by throwing up red herrings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

God is the redeemer.

By the anointing men can be redeemed.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi t8,

(1) You say Jesus was not an ordinary man but one from heaven.

(2) What hope do ordinary men like you and I have of following him then?

No Nick,

1) That is what “the Bible” says…
    “And no man hath ascended up to heaven,
    but he that came down from heaven,
    even the Son of man which is in heaven.” (John 3:13)

2) “Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God,
    that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” (John 6:29)

Ed J
    Participant

“Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God,
    that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” (John 6:29)

Hi Nick,

Not sent from Jordan to Jerusalem; “the spirit of Christ” was sent from Heaven.

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” (Luke 2:11)
    “when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, let all the angels of God worship him.” (Heb 1:6)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

Yes the Word was with God and was God.

The vessel Jesus was conceived in Mary and born in Bethlehem.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

But you believe all ordinary men are preexists anyway-am I right?

So to you he was an ordinary man from heaven as we all are?

Ed J
    Participant

No Nick,

Jesus was no ordinary man – he was born “the Son of God”

“Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
    And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
    And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.” (John 9:35-38)

Should ordinary men be worshiped when we are baptized with God’s HolySpirit?

This is a serious question and I expect you to answer it as such.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

The word of life was from the beginning and with the Father and was manifested for us.

He who is from heaven is above all and speaks of what he has seen

Of course this does not speak of a man

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

We can have fellowship with the Father and the Son in the one Spirit.

Because now the Lord is the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

God was in him reconciling the world to Himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

My Lord

and

my God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

True worshipers worship the Father in spirit and in truth.

Bowing down does not cut it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

If they are a king, emperor, or other of the rank to be worshiped then yes. Most U.S. citizens would use the word “homage” instead as “worship” suggests the object is a deity in American English unless used differently than in the verse you quoted. The British are looser with the word even calling certain officials Worship. The KJV was written by British.

Participant

Hi KW:

Marty,

Technically Jesus did not say Abraham saw him.

In addition the Jews’ objection was based on the age of Jesus’ human body. No one is claiming his human body preexisted his conception.

(The Jews understood him to say that “he saw Abraham”, but that is not what he said.  He said “Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad”), and so, no, Abraham did not say that he saw him.

And so, what are they claiming?  He was speaking of himself in these scriptures, and he is body, soul, and spirit.  These scriptures are used to justify the belief that he pre-existed in some other form other than what he was at the time of his statement.  All of these teachings, are speculation and cannot be supported by scripture.  One has to interpret scripture to mean “that he pre-existed in some other form prior to his birth into this world”.   I don’t know of a scripture which states this, do you?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

The Spirit had a lot to say about heavenly things.

Folks attributed the words to the vessel, missed the point and began their speculations.

Participant

Hi 1 John 1:

1 John 1King James Version (KJV)

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

(This scripture states “that eternal life was with the Father”)

1 John 5:

10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

(“eternal life is in the Son”)

Galatians 4:

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

(The Son that of which the scriptures speak is he who was born of a woman made under the law)

1 Peter 1:

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man’s work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Yes the eternal plan of God was to send the Spirit of Life to be made flesh in a man.

This life is in the Son.

Participant

Hi Nick:

Of Course, God knew from the beginning what He would speak to humanity through His Son. As Jesus stated, “the Words that I speak are spirit, and they are life”, and he said:

John 12:

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

kerwin
    Participant

Not only do those that believe the words of unbelievers supports the tenet of preexistence but they pick and choose the words of the unbelievers that they believe best support their claim.

There is no verse that states Jesus preexisted though there are many verses that are hard to understand and so can be wrongly interpreted as supporting it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Eat the bread of life.

The words of the Spirit in Jesus are that life.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,621 through 16,640 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account