Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,381 through 16,400 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

God sits on the throne and Jesus is in the midst of the elders and the four beasts and the throne of God. That is two individuals plus a number of courtiers.

Tonya burrell
    Participant

So if there are 2 beings as rev 5:1-7 states, then what about when Jesus prays to return to the Father from where he came from in John 17:5?  So you believe in two beings but Jesus didn’t pre exist his being human? Am trying to understand your beliefs 🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tonya,

Jesus is the Christ of God.

He is the anointed one of God

He is appointed both Christ and Lord.

Acts 10

God ANOINTED Jesus of Nazareth.

He is of course known prophetically as the Christ before the Jordan

Flesh contributes nothing.

terraricca
    Participant

Tonya

NO ,I do not believe in two beings for “THE WORD” and “JESUS” are only one person ,but THE WORD is the one that becomes Jesus on earth to fulfill God’s will for men to be reconciled with him ,

Rev 5:5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

this is talking about Jesus being in authority to open what no one else can ;Mt 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

so this is true

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

John 17:5 is where Jesus prays to ask God to give him the glory that was already his by predestination.

Tonya burrell
    Participant

Yes Terraricca, sorry I was just explaining that Jesus was there as well as the Father meaning they can’t be as one 🙂   I agree with what you are saying.

Kerwin, That verse also states that Jesus had glory with the Father before the world was. Stating Jesus was with the Father before the world was right? Blessings!!!

Tonya burrell
    Participant

Thank you Nick Hassen, blessings to you!! 🙂

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tonya,

Earthly beings cannot grasp that God chooses HUMAN VESSELS to do His work on earth.

Just as pagans wanted to worship Paul for doing heavenly works they want to worship Jesus for being so used too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tonya,

Likewise they cannot hear the voice of the Spirit speaking through Jesus

and attribute all to the man despite the explanations Jesus  gave.

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

John 17:5 only mentions Jesus possessed glory before he came to be.

The same them basic idea resides in Revelations 13:8.

I believe you are familiar with the idea of giving awards to an individual posthumous. God knows each human being before they are in their mother’ womb and so has the ability to reward them preconception. (Jeremiah 1:5)

For example, Jeremiah was not present when God appointed him as his prophet to the nations.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes the Spirit said that through the man Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

Tonya

this is from Kerwin to you ;

John 17:5 only mentions Jesus possessed glory before he came to be.my answer to this is Kerwin did not see what scriptures are saying but does he really looks for truth of God ? it seems he already as the truth that he can follow

The same them basic idea resides in Revelations 13:8.

Rev 13:8 All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world

my answer to this is that again Kerwin does not read what it says only interpret what he thinks it should be

I believe you are familiar with the idea of giving awards to an individual posthumous. God knows each human being before they are in their mother’ womb and so has the ability to reward them preconception. (Jeremiah 1:5)

Jer 1:4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
    Jer 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
    Jer 1:6 “Ah, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”
    Jer 1:7 But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.
    Jer 1:8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.

again Kerwin like to take scriptures out of context and find himself not be able to answer for his claims

For example, Jeremiah was not present when God appointed him as his prophet to the nations.

so Kerwin what you mean is that God knew about Jeremiah before he made him in the womb God knew him ;was God talking about Jeremiah or someone else ? that God knew before he came to be in a womb ? for if it was Jeremiah then it would have been that Jeremiah would be still in his father seed right ? yes

you try to interpreting scriptures as men of flesh sees it ,not as the truth of God is deployed

the scriptures have not been written to please men but to bring all men to God through Christ ;the only son of God first of God’s creation

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Jesus was not slain before the beginning of the world though that was in God’s plan at that time. The version you quoted works just as good to illustrate God has had a plan since the beginning of the world.

I was using this version.

Revelation 13:8New English Translation (NET Bible)

8 and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

Tonya burrell
    Participant

Terraricca, Amen! Thank you!!! I was wondering how he got that interpretation from John 17:5 since it clearly states that Jesus had the glory with the Father before the world was.  There is no way to look at that any other way than what it says.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

your believe is that we don’t have to do anything for God does everything for us to be saved ;and this is wrong

you seem not to understand , that it is all those that have not been written in the book of life ;since the beginning but some have been written like one I know would be Able

son of Adam killed by Cain his brother ,now the book of the lamb who was killed ; tell me which part was plan from God ?

1) the sacrifice of Christ ? stated in Gen 3;15

2) if the book of life was existing from the foundation of the world (not the earth from the beginning of this world “corruption by satan of Adam and Eve)then was not Jesus also existing for scriptures are saying he was sent down from the father ?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tonya<

The Anointed Jesus said these things

The anointing spoke through him.

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

Terraricca, Amen! Thank you!!! I was wondering how he got that interpretation from John 17:5 since it clearly states that Jesus had the glory with the Father before the world was. There is no way to look at that any other way than what it says.

Only in your mind.

You have to open it to let the Spirit teach you.

Not one word in that passage tells us that Jesus is there nor can anyone prove it.

The only way people put Jesus in it is to assume he has to be there to have glory and I have already proved that assumption false.

I do see how Jesus gets angry with unrepentant hearts.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin

you haven’t proven nothing and please answer my questions

read Col;1;15-21

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Revelation 13:7-8New English Translation (NET Bible)

7 The beast was permitted to go to war against the saints and conquer them. He was given ruling authority over every tribe, people, language, and nation, 8 and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

Let us assume that a person’s name is not written in the book of life until they are subject to judgement. If that is the case the Abraham, King David, and John the Baptist would all be under the authority of the beast.

That is absurd.

The only possibility is that those whom are not under the authority of the beast have had their names written in the book of life since the foundation of the earth.

Another Scripture about predestination is:

Romans 9:11-12New English Translation (NET Bible)

11 even before they were born or had done anything good or bad (so that God’s purpose in election would stand, not by works but by his calling)— 12 it was said to her, “The older will serve the younger,”

God allowed Satan to incite Cain, just like he continues to allow wicked men to perform wicked deeds to this day. He has already planned for it in order that all those that can be saved will be saved on that day. He is not going to leave anyone’s salvation up to chance.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I know you choose to be blind and I have excepted your choice.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,381 through 16,400 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account