Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,361 through 16,380 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

No ,kerwin ,you are both wrong ,you are following your own understanding while I follow God’s and his son understanding and explanations ,

Then why don’t you think of things according to the Spirit and not according to the physical.

John 14:23English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Neither Jesus nor God are physically present in those that believe any more than they are in those that do not believe. For you know Jesus’ body does not dwell in each of those that believe and you should know God is all present.

Instead a believer receives the Spirit they can walk by when they are immersed in water in the name of Jesus. God dwells in them through that Spirit; which is to say he dwells in them Spiritually. (1 Corinthians 3:16) Jesus does as well.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Admin.
    Tonya burrell
    Participant

What is the meaning of, “let US make man in OUR image”? Thanks 🙂

terraricca
    Participant

hi Tonya

Ge 1:27 So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them

it says here that God created them in his own image and scriptures says that ;Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created

Jesus is the image of God ,so we have been created according to the image of the son of God ,

it also says ;Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

and ;Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

this is my understanding

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin /Nick

you still wrong for I have answered you but have ignore my answer and really don’t understand what you read in scriptures

Tonya burrell
    Participant

Thank you!!! Can you tell me what this says to you? God bless ya:)

Son is a title as used by the context. This title was used in reference to humans. The Spirit says: She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.” And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. Who is this “son” the bible says will “rule all the nations” if not Jesus? Where was this birth of the son? Revelation 12:1-3 says the answer is heaven… this was all seen in heaven! So this Son was not born on earth. Also, this did not take place before all creation as the Woman and the Dragon already existed. Again, who is the Son? The point is: was Jesus the only Son? John ends this vision saying: Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus. What offspring was mentioned besides the 1 Son… ever? There is only 1 Son and this offspring is more than 1 person thus Jesus is not the only Son. What biblical proof is there of this? Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. So its time to ask again: who is the Son of Revelation 12:5? If its the Christ then his birth could only have been his being born again! If its not Jesus then who is this born from heaven and ruling all the nations, protected from the Dragon? The Son though 1, is many! Paul continues in 1Corinthians 12 saying: For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Now here’s that word “it” again! Notice how its used: Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. So its clear what “it” is that Peter understood by the Father; “it” is not Just the head but the whole Body of Christ! It is not I who says this but the bible.
    After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church—for we are members of his body. Then he completes Ephesians 5 saying: “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. So it appears that there is a profound mystery which was missed here in claiming Jesus is the only Son! Now more proof that Jesus was a Son having nothing to do with his being God, a God or the only Son…..

terraricca
    Participant

hi Tanya

you seem to go on in your own concept of what you believe it should be ;but that is not from scriptures ,so please address my scriptures has written with no man made interpretation ,but scriptures interpretation ,

now if God says he has a son it means that there is someone else than him beside him ,when Paul and John says that Jesus was the very first creation of God and that all things were created through him ,in my understanding he hat to be there to have this claim to be true ,and so his birth has a human was only his part to become the lamb of God his creator /father /life giver / also many scriptures will say that Jesus came from the father and went back were he came from …………

so you have to address all of those scriptures to be true if not your view would be false

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Admin.
    Tonya burrell
    Participant

This is not my view but a view from someone else to me.  Im not completely understanding of it so I was asking you if you knew what it meant. To my understanding Jesus pre existed which is also the view of the person im quoting from here. He was Son in spirit but son in human form.  Son in spirit is not of 1 Son because that 1 Son consists of many.  The body of Christ which is 1 but many parts to make that 1 body as 1 Corinthians 1:12 explains.  My confusion here is reborn.  If Jesus was born from God before the world was created, then him being born as a human would mean he was reborn? Or was he born again at his baptism? From my undrestanding Jesus was a man until he was baptized at the age of 30 in order to have his 3 and a half year ministry to show us he was the Son of God and that thru him, we too can have the Father in us as he did.  We become one with Jesus.  Which is the will of the Father that we follow His Son.  Jesus had to obey like we are told to obey. How is he our example if he was not a human? How do we follow him if we are human and he was God? The miracles he performed, he prayed to the Father first and God listened to Jesus.  God fulfilled those miracles for the purpose to show Jesus was who they say he was.  So if we pray to God for someone, it is by the will of God that those prayers are answered as in the case with Jesus. With God’s permission miracles are done.  As I understand it, Jesus didn’t do those but God did thru His spirit that was in Jesus after his baptism.  Even the apostles performed miracles and spoke in tongues due to the spirit.  So we too can do the will of God if we truly seek Him with our hearts and He gives us that spirit.  Im learning that it takes much work to get the spirit and much work to keep the spirit.  Im still learning here 🙂 God bless you!

Tonya burrell
    Participant

Correction, I meant 1 Corinthians 12:12!

NickHassan
    Participant

hi Tonya,

Jesus was conceived and born of Mary.

He was made the Christ, the anointed one, at the Jordan.

He died on Calvary but like all reborn from above he lives in the Spirit of life.

That Spirit is given to all who seek it having repented and been baptised in the name of Jesus.

Thus many become one as he has become one with the Father

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

What is the meaning of, “let US make man in OUR image”? Thanks 🙂

It is vague wording that is open to interpretation and which the unlearned and unstable wrest to their own damnation. (2 Peter 3:16-17, AV of the KJV) It is the Spirit of God that gives the true understanding of the words.

I favor the more traditional idea that God was speaking to the heavenly host an he used an exclusive we. My knowledge of ancient Hebrew is limited so that may not work in the original language.

The use of first-person plural pronouns (we, us, our, ours, ourselves) to refer only to the speaker or writer and his or her associates, not to the person(s) addressed. For example, “Don’t call us; we’ll call you.”

In contrast to inclusive we, exclusive we does not include the audience or the reader.

Often (but not always), exclusive we occurs when the first-person plural is used in the company of a second-person pronoun (you, yours, yourself, yourselves).

(http://grammar.about.com/od/e/fl/exclusive-we.htm, accessed 12 Nov. 2015)

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

I have trouble reading your wording. Could you please have mercy on my weakness and make sure there is a space after paragraphs. Thank you!

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

Scripture declares that Jesus was conceived in Mary just as every other human being with some exception is conceived in their mother.

The exceptions are Adam, Eve, and those children conceived outside their mothers using modern technology.

Jesus insofar as his body is concerned is a decedent of King David. That in itself means his body came to be after King David. He also has genealogy that declares he is a child of a long line of humans after King David.

The evidence is overwhelming that his body did not exist before it was conceived in Mary.

There is no solid evidence one way or another whether his soul preexisted his conception. He is called a human being which he had a human soul unless souls are generic in which case a cat or a dog has a soul that if placed in a human body would be human.

Jesus has a human spirit but he submitted that to the Spirit of God that God gave him so that they testified in harmony that he is the Anointed. The Spirit of God, which is also known as the Spirit of Christ, did preexists the creation of the world.

terraricca
    Participant

tonya

the name “SON” means that he his not the father of which he his the son of ;or he his not the being of which he has been created of ;

now Jesus was “THE WORD” Jn 1:14 “The Word”became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

so Jesus name was also the WORD . for it says ;Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

the fact that Jesus was a existing being prior to his coming is as true as the truth it self

some people have declared that this is not so ;but why would God’s written words have need of man opinions and interpretation ? the scriptures interpret themselves if you only let them do it with the knowledge you see and find in it ,for that is the only truth their is in this world of ours ,so let no man take away from the truth of your creator ,

Jesus as a man was a full being right ? yes ,what make you think that in heaven the beings are not fully beings ? any scriptures for that ?

if Jesus /the WORD was a being he was a full one ;now tell me did Jesus come to earth to live a live of a man ? this is crucial ?NO he did not ,so we has human born of man through the will of man are living a live to show the love for our God ,but in Jesus case did he had to show this ? NO,he already did this in heaven ,

the very reason why Jesus the son came down from heaven was to pay the price what God ask .this was not a choice he was sent by his father to do just that ;

this is why Jesus said ; Jn 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    Jn 17:4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.
    Jn 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

please pay attention to these words they are containing a load of wisdom ,

nice talking to you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW ,

The Spirit of Christ is of the Spirit of God.

But is not the Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The Son is not the Father.

Neither is the Spirit of the Son the Spirit of the Father.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

so Jesus name was also the WORD

That is an assumption to make John’s words fit your chosen interpretation.

His titles are Faithful, True, Word of God, Christ, and many others but that does not mean you can replace those words with his name in any given passage.

John 1:1-18 use words that are vague as well as metaphysical that require the Spirit to interpret correctly. They are not supportive of any doctrine.

Tonya burrell
    Participant

The apostle Paul wrote, “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the IMAGE OF HIS SON [who is in HIS own image! — Heb.1:1-2], that he might be the FIRSTBORN among MANY BRETHREN ” (Romans 8:29).

Can you explain this verse? Thank you 🙂

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

What is in a name?

The Spirit of Christ is not Jesus’ human spirit; rather it is the Spirit of God called by the name of Christ because he is the one God set aside as his very own.

It is associate which Jesus being given a name that is above every other name.

Tonya burrell
    Participant

Here it looks to me as two beings here as in the Father and Jesus both. Am I wrong here?  Or John 17:20-23? God bless!

Revelation 5:1-7King James Version (KJV)

5 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

kerwin
    Participant

Tonya,

1) Without even looking the image that Christians are conformed to by learning to walk according to the Spirit is the Spirit image of God; who himself walks according to the Spirit. Jesus also walks according to the Spirit as you have noted.

2) He is also the first human being to both receive and walk according to the Spirit. Firstborn has a double meaning as he literally was born of the Spirit before other humans were and he is the superior of all those humans that are born of the Spirit.

3) God both knew and planned what would before it did.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,361 through 16,380 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account