Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,281 through 16,300 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I think he has his own spirit which of course originates with God who is the Father of all spirits.
    The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God himself.
    And we have fellowship with God and his son via our spirit.

But if we do not have fellowship with God and his son and are effectively cut off from God, then our spirit gives us life as it animates our soul. But not life eternal because the spirit will eventually go back to God who gave it. Thus meaning that the wicked will not live forever in Hell as some suggest because the breath/spirit that makes their soul alive is taken from them and we know that God can destroy a man’s body and soul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Scripture does not say that our spirit dies when we do.

It returns to the Father of spirits.[ecc 12]

God is the God of the living not the dead.

Abraham Isaac and Jacob will be seated at the wedding feast.

Moses, Elijah , Nathan  too are yet alive in the Spirit given them by God and so too the sons of God through Jesus Christ who SLEEP in death.

When we are given a share of the Holy Spirit we are only given an earnest. We must build on that investment, grace upon grace. We must walk in the Spirit [gal 5.16]and follow the master and not bury the talent given lest we be branches cut off the vine and thrown in the fire.

How can we commune just in our own spirit?

Only the Holy Spirit connects us to God and the Son forever.[2cor 13.14]

Proclaimer
    Participant

So while we are living here and now and with the Holy Spirit, we have two spirits, the one that gave our soul life originally and the other which gives eternal life. When we die, the original spirit is given back to God effectively making the soul die, but the Holy Spirit keeps the soul of the Believer alive and forever more.

This happened to Jesus and will happen to all who belong to God. We lose our original spirit but are wholly sustained by the Holy Spirit upon death? Or is it that the Holy Spirit is taken too and given back at the resurrection? Also feel free to correct any misconceptions I have of your view.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

We have earthly life from our spirit and our soul is a vessel for the Spirit from above.

The soul never dies because of the Spirit of life in us but the seed[body] dies

The gifts of God, including the Spirit,are given without repentance.

“I will NEVER leave you or forsake you”

Proclaimer
    Participant

I agree, however I thought you use to teach that we die and at the resurrection we become alive again, but not before. I use to debate members here that when we die we are present with the lord and very much alive. But everyone else (and I thought you) taught that this was not the case, rather that we die until the resurrection.

NickHassan
    Participant

t8,

No I did not say that but others do. God is the God of the living.

To lose the SPIRIT OF LIFE [rom8.2] is to lose ETERNAL LIFE.

That is surely why David pleaded that the Spirit not be taken from him

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

That is why we are said to be asleep

1Thess 4.13

Proclaimer
    Participant

I think I am pretty much on the same page as you. Although it does now raise the issue of the dead who are not in Christ.

If their spirit goes back to God who gave it, and they have not the Spirit of God, then that would make them non-existent or in a state of non-consciousness. What is your view here?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

We know God can send our spirits back.

lk 8.55

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

“the spirit of Christ” is:

1. Jesus’ own spirit
    2. The HolySpirit
    3. Other… ???

#1 then, right? (<– please answer)

“The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God himself.”
    I agree! Glad we see eye to eye on this one!
    But please be clear on my question, OK?

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [size=12]”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD[/size]

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Wakeup
    Participant

When one walks in the spirit of Christ, the spirit of the flesh is dead.
    All the lusts of the flesh is no more.
    He walks in the Holy spirit. He shall live.
    The soul that sinneth; it shall die.
    The breath of life always goes back to whom gave it.
    His works will be preserved unto judgement day.
    He who walks in the spirit of Chris; he shall live.
    He shall be with Christ. He shall inherit all things.

If he is not of the world; he walks in Christ.
    If he is of the world; he will be judged by his works.
    Come out of her (Babylon) my people, so you will not receive her plagues.
    Babylon equals the world, the great city, all men love so much, because of her delicacies,
    and loose living. Worshipping gods made with mans hands.

Shalom.
    wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,

Babylon is religious confusion and idolatry.

What is this spirit of the flesh that is dead?

Proclaimer
    Participant

EdJ, if you had enough power of reason to read my very clear posts on the previous page and see that I believe that the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God, then you should equally have seen that I answered your question in the same post as clear as day. Further, in a previous post on the same page you will see my view clearly again.

I don’t have to answer you as I already have. Go back one page and read the post where you saw that I said the Holy Spirit is God’s spirit.

Wakeup
    Participant

Hi Nick

The spirit of the flesh is that drive of wanting things.
    Like getting famous or rich, the lust for worldly things.
    Wanting to be better than the neighbours; jealousy, greed, selfishness.
    The desires of the flesh; all those, does not come from God, but from living, breathing flesh.
    Jesus taught us about the birds and the flowers of the field.
    The spirit of Christ does not have those desires.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

EdJ, if you had enough power of reason to read my very clear posts on the previous page and see that I believe that the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God, then you should equally have seen that I answered your question in the same post as clear as day. Further, in a previous post on the same page you will see my view clearly again.

I don’t have to answer you as I already have. Go back one page and read the post where you saw that I said the Holy Spirit is God’s spirit.

Hi T8,

I did read ALL your posts but I did not see your answer.
    Can you please re-post it and highlighting the answer within the post?

1. Jesus’ own spirit
    2. The HolySpirit
    3. Other… ???

Ed J

Proclaimer
    Participant

I agree with Nick WU. It is more likely that Babylon is religious in nature rather than the world’s economic system.

When God destroyed the original Babylon it was not because of its economic activity. It was because of their idols which God destroyed. So it would stand to reason that Mystery Babylon would be like the Babylon from whence it derives the name.

Proclaimer
    Participant

EdJ

Last post first line on previous page.
    Also above the part that you did understand regarding God’s spirit being the Holy Spirit.
    The line is as clear as that line that you clearly understood.

I want you to read it there because it wastes too much time when I have to repeat myself over and over.
    I want to set a precedent and point people to where I have already answered the question.
    Unfortunately this post pre-dates the new forum, so it doesn’t link correctly to the exact post when I copy the link in the post number in the top right of the post.

But I shouldn’t even really have to discuss this with you. The answer is clear. Just spend a bit of time reading my answer, rather than try and borrow that time from me. I answered twice so it is enough.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Okay EdJ, this post landed on the next page. So back two pages now.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@NickHassan

So the spirit of an unbelievers/unsaved goes back to God. Then in the resurrection, it is given back so that they can be conscious to suffer eternally? In essence their souls are alive and suffering for all eternity and God’s spirit makes this possible?

Forgive me if I have you wrong on this, but I am taking what you have declared here and now looking into your views on Hell.

Ed J
    Participant

I think he has his own spirit which of course originates with God who is the Father of all spirits.

Hi T8,

Yes this line makes me think that you’re most likely agreeing with me that the answer is #1

1. Jesus’ own spirit
    2. The HolySpirit
    3. Other… ???

I’ll take your right of refusal – that is to deny that you agree with my summations – as conformation that #1 is indeed was your answer. 🙂

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Viewing 20 posts - 16,281 through 16,300 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account