Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,261 through 16,280 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Yes the Father of spirits gives life to all.

Ecc 12 explains how we have our own access to life as a bucket getting water daily  at the well.

Eventually the rope breaks and the bucket falls and we die

Jesus Christ offered all to come to him if they are thirsty[jn7] because he offers access to a source of water that will never dry up[the holy Spirit gives eternal life]  This is rebirth from above. We must do this while we still are alive so that when our own spirit leaves at death we remain spiritually live so as when the Master returns he can call us to him.

But we do not have our spirit replaced while we live by the holy Spirit as Rom 8.16 shows

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Yes the Messiah was born in Bethlehem as even those who wanted him dead knew from prophecy,

But he was not anointed and  empowered for the role till the Jordan.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Yes the Messiah was born in Bethlehem as even those who wanted him dead knew from prophecy,

But he was not anointed and empowered for the role till the Jordan.

Hi Nick,

I believe you got it now. But just in case you don’t, let me say it a different way.
    Jesus was born “PRINCE” – he didn’t become “Prince” with his baptism of the HolySpirit.
    That is the difference, Jesus didn’t become “The Christ” – Jesus was *BORN* “The Christ”.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

Ed J
    Participant

Hey Nick,

Maybe you your right, look at what it says in Matt 2:3-4

When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where he who is to be Christ was born. (Matt 2:3-4)

NOT, I changed the words so it would fit your theology, you would like to see what it actually says?

“he demanded of them where Christ should be born”

Your idea is like asking: “Tell me, where is your President to be born” which doesn’t even make sense.
    Your difficulty lies in the fact that you won’t let go of the idea that Jesus’ spirit fathered himself.

Ed J

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Christ means anointed.

He was anointed with the Spirit at the Jordan.

But he was expected by those who knew prophecy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

Jesus was not his own father.

He was conceived of the Holy Spirit of God.

He was an ordinary man till transformed by anointing at the Jordan.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Jesus was not his own father.

Who is “the spirit of Christ” then?

1. The spirit Jesus was born with
    2. God
    3. other …?

Ed J
    Participant

I learned to ask these multiple choice questions from T8.

Proclaimer
    Participant

@NickHassan

But how does this fit with being born-again now? Has this already taken place in a born-again believer? And Paul says that our spirits bear witness with God’s Spirit that we are the sons of God. So this mentions two spirits. Ours and God’s and I assume in unity. This is how we are one with God. Does this not carry on into the next life? Do we lose our spirit that bears witness with God’s spirit?

@EdJ

I believe that Jesus has his own spirit. How else does God, Jesus, and us become one? By our spirits. Spirit can unify with spirit. Flesh with flesh in marriage. Jesus prayed that we would be one and that we would be one like he is with God and one with him. God was in Christ, and we in God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Further, our Father is the father of spirits, so all spirits come from him. Angels are ministering spirits.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Our own spirits as with Jesus on calvary return to God at death[ecc12].
    The natural unity we have with God and the Son is in the shared Holy Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

In this context, explain to me what happens to a man when he is born-again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

If a man is cleansed by repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus God promises to give him His Holy Spirit -Acts 2 37-39

The book of acts is replete with examples of this happening.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So we get the Holy Spirit and does our spirit die, or does it remain along with the Holy Spirit till we die?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Our spirit is part of our being.1Thess 5.23

Without it we are dead. Jas 2.26

The Holy Spirit is with our human spirit Rom 8.16

Proclaimer
    Participant

Agreed. So you are then teaching that our spirit that we have now will depart and we will have only the Holy Spirit. So two spirits to one. Is that it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes the Holy Spirit of eternal life will not forsake those born from above and revive their souls at the return of Jesus Christ

Camillia
    Participant

Wrong place to comment (edit).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Proclaimer
    Participant

So if we die, then you believe that our spirit dies forever and the Holy Spirit also departs the soul at death, but will re-enter in the resurrection?

Ed J
    Participant

@EdJ

I believe that Jesus has his own spirit.

Yes T8,

We all believe that. My question appertains to “the spirit of Christ”.

“the spirit of Christ” is:

1. Jesus’ own spirit
    2. The HolySpirit
    3. Other… ???

Please be specific.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    ”Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” – JEHOVAH GOD

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,261 through 16,280 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account