Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,221 through 16,240 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Yes, whether you believe it or not Jesus was and still is a “HUMAN BEING”, along with all that entails. THAT includes a resurection of his human body from the grave, just as God said he would do for the “WHOLE” HOUSE of Israel, I realize you consider flesh as nothing, but the Lord our God seems to think it is important, at lest according the what he said in EZEKIEL 37:6

“And I will lay sinews upon you and will bring “FLESH” upon you, and cover you with SKIN, and put BREATH in you, and you shall LIVE, and you shall know that I am the LORD”.

So when God does that , “THEN”, SHALL, THEY KNOW HE IS THE LORD. Nick does those scriptures just fly over you head. It sure seem flesh is pretty important to God, according to his words. I think I will just go with what he says instead with your rendition of the unimportants of flesh. God seem to think it’s very important to get acros the point of who he is.

Peace and love to you and yours…………gene

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God showed the whole HOUSE of Israel in a type of resurrection in a certain valley.
    Why would you try to build wider theories on one example with no support verses to clarify it?

Camillia
    Participant

Hi all, I see this conversation has been going on a while. Does ones belief in Jesus’ pre-existence matter? Isn’t it more what we do with our life that matters?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cam,
    Until folks understand that flesh contributes nothing and all that is important happens by the Spirit we make no progress.
    God and His Spirit are eternal. The Word is of the Spirit.

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Cam,
    Until folks understand that flesh contributes nothing and all that is important happens by the Spirit we make no progress.
    God and His Spirit are eternal. The Word is of the Spirit.

Nick, yes true.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Not sure how important it is in the scheme of things, but all truth is important and we have been given scriptures so we can know the truth and hold to the true doctrine. Scripture can correct us, rebuke us, and comfort us.

It could be very important though. If Jesus is just a man, then cursed is the one who trusts in man.

But it is written that he existed in the form of God, emptied himself, became a man, humbled himself, obeyed God, died for our sins, was raised up, and then ascended to be at the right-hand of God in the glory he had with God before the Cosmos existed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Yes the anointing on the man did all those things

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Of course Jesus was made one with the Spirit of Christ becoming the Word made flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    Eph 5. 31-32 speaks of the marriage-like oneness between the Spirit of Christ and the church.
    Such is the depth of the bond between Jesus and the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    And when Paul said it was no longer he that lived but Christ that lived in him he was not referring to Jesus but the Spirit of anointing

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    And since God has compared the church to a marriage unity we should study gen 2.24, 1cor 6.16, mk 10.8 and Mt 19.6 to understand what that really means.

Camillia
    Participant

T8,

It could be very important though. If Jesus is just a man, then cursed is the one who trusts in man.

Paul calls Jesus a man, more than once. Does that make Paul wrong?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cam,

Yes alike to us in all ways except sin.

We did not pre exist

Camillia
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

Our Preexistence

Yes, we all preexisted our physical flesh!
    Thanks very much for your concern in this matter!

Hi Ed. We all preexisted our birth? What were we then, iyo.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Camillia
    Participant

Hi Cam,

Yes alike to us in all ways except sin.

We did not pre exist

According to Ed we did!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cam,

Yes I think Ed thinks we were angels.

To each their own I suppose.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cam,

Do you remember being an angel?

If you did guess where that memory came from.

Camillia
    Participant

Nick, no, not I.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Paul calls Jesus a man, more than once. Does that make Paul wrong?

The point is that we are not trusting in flesh. Jesus is more than flesh.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I agree with most of what you said Nick. But want to get a better understanding of your following comment:

Of course Jesus was made one with the Spirit of Christ becoming the Word made flesh.

Are you saying here that God created a man ‘Jesus’ who never existed before and implanted or united him the Christos (anointing) meaning that he is about 2000 years old now, but the spirit that anointed him is older or eternal?

Viewing 20 posts - 16,221 through 16,240 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account