Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,941 through 15,960 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,17:45)
    Hi MB,
    So we can rationalise away a serious bit of scriptural advice?
    It no longer means what it says??

I'm beginning to think YOU no longer mean what YOU say, Nick. :)

Which scripture am I rationalizing? Which scripture am I making to no longer mean what it says? And how exactly did I do that?

See? I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,17:57)
    Hi MB,
    Entity? not sure that is the word.

Spirit is not anointed but anoints.

Well then, you have a problem. Because this “Spirit of Anointing” that you and Gene invented doesn't exist in any scripture.

There is something called “the spirit of Christ”, which means “the spirit of the anointed“.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mb
    Mk 5
    And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

Was the name of the man LEGION?
    Did the unclean spirit run over to him or the man?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Lk 4
    33 And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice,

34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

35 And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.

So who cried out?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So your last ditch defence is to argue that nobody saw his lips move??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Have you investigated the meaning of Christ?
    We know you say Cyrus was called that.

What did it mean ?

Can Christ mean Jesus?
    Then what does Jesus Christ mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    What I am trying to help you see through your logic is because you have failed to listen to Jesus who has told you many times the Father speaks though him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Try these.
    John 14:10
    Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

.John 14:23
    Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

.John 14:24
    He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    Jn17
    I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,18:41)
    Hi MB,
    So your last ditch defence is to argue that nobody saw his lips move??

I'm waiting for the scripture where God Himself literally spoke from Jesus' mouth.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,19:14)
    Hi MB,
    Have you investigated the meaning of Christ?
    We know you say Cyrus was called that.

What did it mean ?

Can Christ mean Jesus?
    Then what does Jesus Christ mean?

The word “christ” means “anointed (one)”.

And yes, Cyrus was called that by Jehovah. (Only it was in the Hebrew language, and the word was “messiah” – which still just means “anointed one”.)

The phrase “Jesus Christ” means “Jesus, the anointed one”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,19:15)
    Hi MB,
    What I am trying to help you see through your logic is because you have failed to listen to Jesus who has told you many times the Father speaks though him.

Still waiting for the scripture.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 26 2014,19:40)
    Hi MB,
    Try these.
    John 14:10
    Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Ahhhh……… finally a scripture.

Well, let's see……………..

Do you suppose the FATHER would say he was “in the Father”?

Or does it make more sense that JESUS spoke those words?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Perhaps you don't understand how the activity is supposed to work.

I am waiting for a scripture that quotes Jesus saying something, but it wasn't really Jesus speaking, but the Father speaking those very words through the vessel Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Would you twist the scriptures?
    The Spirit of Christ is of and one with the Spirit of God.

They were both in Jesus and can both be in you-in the one Spirit
    John 14:23
    Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I agree with that, Nick. God's Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ's spirit can both dwell in me and help me.

But where's the scripture in which God spoke DIRECTLY through the mouth of Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Have you got Matthew, Mark, Luke and John??

Most of the words spoken by Jesus were directly of God.
    All of his teaching was of God or can you still not hear that voice?
    When he said I THIRST for example it would have been just his own words

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well, these are the first words Jesus spoke in Matthew:

Matthew 3:15
    Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

Was it JESUS telling John to baptize him?

Or was the HOLY SPIRIT in need of a little water baptism?

Who spoke those words, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You mock the Holy Spirit?

Was Jesus teaching here or obeying God?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

NOW do you understand the exercise?

I'm looking for words that were ATTRIBUTED TO JESUS BY THE INSPIRED WRITERS OF SCRIPTURE – but really God said the words THROUGH Jesus' mouth.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,941 through 15,960 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account