Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,221 through 15,240 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2012,13:01)
    Hi MB,
    The Son of man will return.
    Why should we take it on ourselves to call him a SPIRIT BEING?

N

show me that it will be Jesus Christ the man that will come back ???

in scriptures

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    He became a life giving Spirit of life.
    That means that though the Son of Man is in heaven we can know him and his Father in that Holy Spirit.

Know the Holy Spirit and you know the Father and the Son.[2jn9]
    The Son of MAN is not separate in Spirit from God but one with Him.[Jn17]

No need to add ANGEL by flawed logic.
    The HOLY SPIRIT is not an ANGEL

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2012,13:01)
    Hi MB,
    The Son of man will return.
    Why should we take it on ourselves to call him a SPIRIT BEING?

Well, is he a BEING who exists in SPIRIT form alongside his God in heaven?

I believe so. If you believe differently, you are welcome to your belief. It's okay with me if you don't feel “logical” enough to decide for youself that those called “humans” in scripture are actually human BEINGS, but don't correct me for using my God-given logic to decide that entities with their own minds and wills are BEINGS – whether they be of flesh and blood on earth, or of spiritual nature in heaven.

Michael is a spirit BEING. Gabriel is a spirit BEING. Moses was a human BEING. And Jesus is a spirit BEING.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2012,13:05)
    Hi MB,
    The Lord is the Spirit.
    He became a life giving Spirit of life.
    That means that though the Son of Man is in heaven we can know him and his Father in that Holy Spirit.

Know the Holy Spirit and you know the Father and the Son.[2jn9]

The HOLY SPIRIT is not an ANGEL

N

Know the Holy Spirit

how do you do that ??? and who his he or what is it ???

do you know ???

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Jn 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
    Jn 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
    Jn 1:4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
    Jn 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
    Jn 1:6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
    Jn 1:7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
    Jn 1:8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
    Jn 1:9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
    Jn 1:10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
    Jn 1:11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
    Jn 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—

“Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
    Jn 17:2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.
    Jn 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
    Jn 17:4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

do you believe and understand scriptures Christ may be one with his father by loving to do what his father wants,but they are two different beings Christ is the new comer the first of Gods creation.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2012,13:05)

I don't “add” angel, Nick.  I read it in scripture.  If YOU don't want to consider Jesus as an angel (spirit messenger) of God, then that is YOUR choice.

Leave me in peace with MY choice, okay?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    The Son of MAN is at the right hand of his Father in his new heavenly body.
    He was for a time below the angels but now is above them
    He has not become or ever been an angel.

The rest is from you, not scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes Jesus showed the way.
    He submitted to rebirth and by being led by the Spirit is a Son of God.[Rom8]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Lk 21.27
    Lk 22.69
    Mt 26.64
    Is that enough as there are lots more?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2012,13:19)
    The rest is from you, not scripture.

Nope. Galatians 4:14, 1 Thess 4:16, Rev 1:1…………..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    What do you mean?
    None of these say the Son of MAN is an angel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Is scripture wrong when it says the man Jesus was for a time lower than the angels but now is above them?
    Both these things sabotage your theory that he is an angel.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

It is abundantly clear that you and I understand MANY scriptures differently.  I'm okay with that.  I only pray that t8 will be able to get through to you on the Hot Seat.

To be honest, discussing this (and many subjects) with you is akin to trying to convince Gene that Satan is a real being.  And you yourself know how hard that is, and how it amounts to beating your own head against a wall.

You sit there with this perfect, scriptural understanding, but no matter how hard you try, or how many scriptures you quote, or how many analagies and wordings you use, it is no use if Gene absolutely refuses to believe what is as plain as day in front of him.

It is many times exactly the same trying to teach you.  And you saw how I bailed out of the Beelzebul discussion for a long time, because it was useless.  Well, I'm also trying my best to bail out of our discussions, because they are equally useless.

YOU can believe however you want to.  Leave me in peace with my own understanding, okay?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    God will reach you.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 25 2012,13:24)
    Hi T,
    Lk 21.27
    Lk 22.69
    Mt 26.64
    Is that enough as there are lots more?

N

i give you scriptures why do you ignore them???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say
    ” I only pray that t8 will be able to get through to you on the Hot Seat.”

???

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2012,15:20)
    Hi MB,
    God is the son of God?
    The Word WAS God.

It is all about the Spirit.

Nick, the Word was not THE God.
    No definite article here.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 25 2012,09:17)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2012,13:05)

I don't “add” angel, Nick.  I read it in scripture.  If YOU don't want to consider Jesus as an angel (spirit messenger) of God, then that is YOUR choice.

Leave me in peace with MY choice, okay?

It's right there in scripture in black and white, and sometimes red. I guess that blindness is a very real thing. We need to be reminded that this could happen to anyone if we do not watch our life and doctrine closely.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    How is Jesus lower than, then greater than angels and yet you say he is one??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,
    You bring NEW teachings about Jesus being an angel.
    Is that wise if you care for yourself and the readers of this site?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yeah t8,

Some people just refuse to understand that the word is always “messenger”.  It is the English translators who divided that word into “messenger” and “angel”.

So the real question is:  Was/Is Jesus a “messenger” of his God?  The answer is yes.  And even if you want to divide it up between humans and spirits, calling the former “messengers”, and the latter “angels”, Jesus has qualified as BOTH.

But the way I understand it, Paul clearly CALLS Jesus an angel in this scripture:
    Galatians 4:14
    Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

The only way Paul's statement even makes sense is if Jesus is a member of the group mentioned.

For example:
    You welcomed me as if I were a Nascar driver, as if I were Jeff Gordon himself.  This statement works only BECAUSE Jeff Gordon IS a Nascar driver.

But compare:
    You welcomed me as if I were a Nascar driver, as if I were Michael Jackson himself.  This statement doesn't work because Michael Jackson had nothing at all to do with race car driving.

My conclusion is that a statement like the one Paul made will never make any sense unless the prominent figure mentioned is actually a member of the group also mentioned.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,221 through 15,240 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account