Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,141 through 15,160 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 15 2012,17:28)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 16 2012,10:09)
    Ed,

Do YOU have any scriptural evidence that the Word who was with God was God Himself?  

Hi Mike,

Why do you insert the word “himself” into your question?
    …to make your belief seem more plausible?

Do you deny God is a “He”?  

Look at these from the AKJV:
    2 Chronicles 13:12
    And, behold, God himself is with us for our captain………

Isaiah 45:18
    For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it………..

1 Thessalonians 3:11
    Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.

Revelation 21:3
    ……and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Was the AKJV wrong to use the phrase “God himself”?  Was Paul himself wrong to use that phrase in 1 Thess 3:11?  Was John himself wrong to use it in Rev 21:3?  Did their use of the word “himself” change the context or the teaching at all?

I guess I don't see your issue.  If the word “himself” somehow changes your understanding, then perhaps your understanding is flawed.  

(mikeboll64 himself has approved this post.  :) )

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    You ask
    “Who is the Bible here to benefit if not men?”

Yes but it is to transform the minds of carnal men who have the Spirit and are able to be taught.
    It is neither an icon nor a servant of greek logic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Making perfect sense to you in no way relates to what is truth.
    You are even unable so far to hear the voice of God in Jesus Christ.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2012,22:12)
    Hi MB,
    Making perfect sense to you in no way relates to what is truth.
    You are even unable so far to hear the voice of God in Jesus Christ.

:D :D :D :p

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 15 2012,22:10)
    Hi MB
    You ask
    “Who is the Bible here to benefit if not men?”

Yes but it is to transform the minds of carnal men who have the Spirit and are able to be taught.
    It is neither an icon nor a servant of greek logic.

Okay Nick,

So you've agreed that Jehovah is not a God of confusion. And you've agreed that the scriptures are for the benefit of mankind.

So don't you think that God would have inspired the scriptures to be written in a way they actually can benefit mankind? Don't you think that in order to do that, they would have to make logical sense from mankind's perspective?

For example, do you think God would teach that Jesus is His Son, if mankind was suppose to ignore that teaching and “be shown by the Spirit” that Jesus is NOT really His Son, but another person in the Godhead?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    No.
    You would make God's ways man's ways?
    The scriptures written by the Spirit through men can ONLY be understood by those who have that Spirit to teach them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You still do not even hear the voice of God spoken through Jesus Christ.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

You have no clue whose voices I can or can't hear. What purpose do comments like this serve?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2012,14:01)
    Hi MB,
    No.

No to which part of my post, Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,

“So don't you think that God would have inspired the scriptures to be written in a way they actually can benefit mankind? Don't you think that in order to do that, they would have to make logical sense from mankind's perspective?”

No.
    Lovers of greek logic would want this to be true.
    Only those with ears to hear would respond in a different way to how the pharisees did.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Then do tell us when God spoke through Jesus.
    Jn 7.16

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2012,15:04)
    Hi MB,

“So don't you think that God would have inspired the scriptures to be written in a way they actually can benefit mankind?  Don't you think that in order to do that, they would have to make logical sense from mankind's perspective?”

No.

So then you and I really have no leg to stand on against the Trinitarians, do we?  Because the “spirit” is telling them that Jesus is the very God he is the Son of, despite the fact this doctrine isn't taught in any scripture. But if scriptures don't have to make any sense, the Trinitarians could very well be right, couldn't they?

Do you believe they are right, Nick?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2012,15:06)
    Hi MB,
    Then do tell us when God spoke through Jesus.
    Jn 7.16

Well, apparently NOT in that verse, Nick.

16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

If that was God speaking through Jesus, then God wouldn't have said “My doctrine is not mine”, nor would God have spoken about “him who sent me”.

Did it ever cross your mind that it is YOU who is not hearing God speak to you through your Lord?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Certainly those who are not of the Spirit will be confused and subject to every wind of doctrine.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Jn 5.37
    Jn 8.19
    Jn 8.47

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 16 2012,15:36)
    Hi MB,
    Certainly those who are not of the Spirit will be confused and subject to every wind of doctrine.

I'm not confused at all, Nick. In fact, my doctrine not only makes perfect sense, but is 100% scripture supported.

Please answer my post about the Trinitarians and logic.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 17 2012,15:36)
    Hi MB,

N

who says it is not you that is lost ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick?  

Were you going to address my post about Trinitarians and logic? (2nd post on this page)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Relance on logic might make you feel comfortable about your understandings but you are in the same confused position as the Pharisees, and they eventually killed Jesus because they did not hear God speaking through him.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

So then you and I really have no leg to stand on against the Trinitarians, do we? Because the “spirit” is telling them that Jesus is the very God he is the Son of, despite the fact this doctrine isn't taught in any scripture. But if scriptures don't have to make any sense, the Trinitarians could very well be right, couldn't they?

Do you believe they are right, Nick?

Please answer the question, Nick.

Viewing 20 posts - 15,141 through 15,160 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account