Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 10,701 through 10,720 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………….”THE KINGDOM COME (NOT) WITH OBSERVATION IT IS WITHIN YOU”> Wisping they either believe it or they don't, IMO , God does not rule externally but internally causing his WILL to be done (IN) us, and this is what the Kingdom of GOD is all about. “Not by power or by Might , but by my Spirit says the ETERNAL”> God is Spirit and lives IN his creation. IMO

peace and love……………………………gene

Wispring
    Participant

Amen to that Gene. Still love all of you anyways! Go in peace. May the mind that is in Christ Jesus be in you. May God's eternal rest be your reward.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

karmarie
    Participant

I have been learning so much from you all lately (Kerwin, Wispring, Gene, TK etc) and thanks. Whatever it is you are saying and I am learning it must be true because I have felt lately spiritually really good again, and it's the first time in ages. So thankyou.

I'm understanding things better. It's all making sense.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer ………..Sister it does make sense  and this sound sense gives us a more sound mind and a more solid foundation , it is both encouraging and stabilizing . No MYSTERY RELIGION that we have to unlearn and start over. none of us have all the truth but it is good when we grow together. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………gene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 03 2011,00:26)
    Hi Irene,
      If the Word of God is Jesus God would have had it stated plainlly. Not by cross-referencing scripture and infering such. Do you read my posts? Why are you so hung up on Jesus's blood? Jesus died a bloody death to fulfill prophecy. Do you think he want to be remembered for his death or for the eternal life he promises for all that follow in his way? Have your read all of Malachi? He was talking to the priests of his time in Jerusalem. He is speaking of old covenants broken. He is speaking of a judgment on Jerusalem. He is speaking of the doom of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

With Love and Respect,
                                                             Wispring

Wispring! It was John who wrote Rev. and I don't know why He called Jesus The Word of God. But the question still stands to you, who is it in Rev. 19:13-16. The Kingdom of God is First in our Hearts Spiritual speaking, but the literal Kingdom where Jesus is King of will come.
    Part of Malachi is speaking of that period, but Chapter 4 is after the Millennium, when all the wicked will burn up.
    In Rev. 20 starting in verse 7 is what Malachi 4 is talking about.
    Rev. 21 is talking about the New Heaven and the New Earth. That is all to come yet….
    The last part of your post, Israel has been punished many times during the period of the Judges and the Kings.
    Moses had prophesied by saying,
    Lev 26:18 ¶ And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

That punishment started in 606 BC and lasted for 2520 years.

The destruction of Jerusalem, the Temple and the whole nation of Israel, was what Jesus was prophesying in

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

This is also prophesied in
    Eze 22:15 And I will scatter thee among the heathen, and disperse thee in the countries, and will consume thy filthiness out of thee.

But in spite of it all, God had made an unconditional covenant with Abraham, Isac and Jacob, and because of that, He had promised to bring His people back unto their land after their punishment.
    Jer 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

That occurred in 1948, when Israel became a nation again.

Notice I am not good at prophecy, and Georg is the one who told me what to say. He has studied Ancient History, and has listened to the History Channel whenever something was said…..
    Peace and Love Irene

karmarie
    Participant

Hi Gene. I really agree.

ALL, I would like opinions on this please (the one in black);

(Quote Wikipedia) The Shepherd of Hermas (Greek: Ποιμήν του Ερμά; Hebrew: רועה הרמס‎) is a Christian literary work of the second century, considered canonical scripture by some of the early Church fathers – The Shepherd had great authority in the second and third centuries. Along with the Apocrypha, it was bound with in the Codex Sinaiticus, and it was listed between the Acts of the Apostles and the Acts of Paul in the stichometrical list of the Codex Claromontanus. “In the introduction of the early Christian writing known as the Shepard of Hermas, it is written: “The Pastor of Hermas was one of the most popular books, if not the most popular book, in the Christian Church during the second, third, and fourth centuries…”…(unquote)

(Quote Sheppard of Hermas) The holy, pre-existent Spirit, that created every creature, God made to dwell in flesh, which He chose. This flesh, accordingly, in which the Holy Spirit dwelt, was nobly subject to that Spirit, walking religiously and chastely, in no respect defiling the Spirit; and accordingly, after living excellently and purely, and after labouring and co-operating with the Spirit, and having in everything acted vigorously and courageously along with the Holy Spirit, He assumed it as a partner with it. For this conduct of the flesh pleased Him, because it was not defiled on the earth while having the Holy Spirit.(unquote)

Thanks.

karmarie
    Participant

This, (and the rest of it which I didn't quote) seems to say that Jesus was a man just like anyone, not a God or a part God. He overcome and he was righteous. The pre-existant word was the spirit of God. And the spirit filled the man Jesus.

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Irene,
      You are blessed to have a loving and kind husband. Interpretation and debate on the metaphoric and symbolic language used in John's book of revelation have been going on for 2000 years give or take. There are many different viewpoints on this subject of discussion. As to your assertion:

But the question still stands to you, who is it in Rev. 19:13-16.

The answer cleary is Christ Jesus. I already responded to this question here:

Hi Irene,

This has explained to you before in the incarnation thread. I shall try again. When Jesus died and was raised into heaven to be the King of kings, and Lord of lords. That moment in time was the beginning of the new heaven and the new earth.
    Revelation 21:1
    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Col 1:1-20 is Paul talking and praying about the new heaven and new earth.

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

If you want to equate Jesus's name with The Word of God, the verse would not have the “is called” phrase in there.It would be like:
    'and his name is The Word of God'.
     If you want to show by what authority Jesus Christ does things then you would have what is written in scripture. Remember, like a police officer might say “In the name of that which is called the law I order you to put that gun down!” for example.
     Jesus Christ's authority is The Word of God. I hope this clears things up a bit.

With Love and Respect,
                                  Wispring

So therefore, the question once again rises in my mind. Do you read my posts?.
      By the way, my own mother, God bless her soul, believes that all of the events described in the book of John's Revelation/Apocolypse(both words mean the same thing) have already occured because it was John's revelation not yours, mine or hers.I say this just to share and show you another viewpoint.
      In closing I would like to say the Christ Jesus taught me not to worry about tomorrow. He taugt me to live for today because I will never know when God in his infinite wisdom will decide that my time in on earth in my fleshy form is at an end. Like a popular song says “Don't worry be happy”.
      As I stated in another post on this web-site there are other apocryphal works. As an introduction to such information I invite you to begin here:

Introduction to revelatory writings

Or not, the decision is yours. I offer the link as a service to readers of this post. I personally have read “The gospel of Thomas” numerous times and enjoy and appreciate it, because it's just of collection of Christ Jesus sayings. It has helped me develope a deeper and better relationship with Christ Jesus without the trappings of a story of Jesus around the sayings. This just me, your mileage may vary.

With Love and Respect,
    Wispring

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 03 2011,23:36)
    Hi Irene,
      You are blessed to have a loving and kind husband. Interpretation and debate on the metaphoric and symbolic language used in John's book of revelation have been going on for 2000 years give or take. There are many different viewpoints on this subject of discussion. As to your assertion:

But the question still stands to you, who is it in Rev. 19:13-16.

The answer cleary is Christ Jesus. I already responded to this question here:

Hi Irene,

This has explained to you before in the incarnation thread. I shall try again. When Jesus died and was raised into heaven to be the King of kings, and Lord of lords. That moment in time was the beginning of the new heaven and the new earth.
    Revelation 21:1
    And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Col 1:1-20 is Paul talking and praying about the new heaven and new earth.

Rev 19:13   And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.  

If you want to equate Jesus's name with The Word of God, the verse would not have the “is called” phrase in there.It would be like:
    'and his name is The Word of God'.
     If you want to show by what authority Jesus Christ does things then you would have what is written in scripture. Remember, like a police officer might say “In the name of that which is called the law I order you to put that gun down!” for example.
     Jesus Christ's authority is The Word of God. I hope this clears things up a bit.

With Love and Respect,
                                  Wispring

So therefore, the question once again rises in my mind. Do you read my posts?.
      By the way, my own mother, God bless her soul, believes that all of the events described in the book of John's Revelation/Apocolypse(both words mean the same thing) have already occured because it was John's revelation not yours, mine or hers.I say this just to share and show you another viewpoint.
      In closing I would like to say the Christ Jesus taught me not to worry about tomorrow. He taugt me to live for today because I will never know when God in his infinite wisdom will decide that my time in on earth in my fleshy form is at an end. Like a popular song says “Don't worry be happy”.
      As I stated in another post on this web-site there are other apocryphal works. As an introduction to such information I invite you to begin here:

Introduction to revelatory writings

Or not, the decision is yours. I offer the link as a service to readers of this post. I personally have read “The gospel of Thomas” numerous times and enjoy and appreciate it, because it's just of collection of Christ Jesus sayings. It has helped me develope a deeper and better relationship with Christ Jesus without the trappings of a story of Jesus around the sayings. This just me, your mileage may vary.

With Love and Respect,
                                          Wispring

Hi Wisprin!  Since you think that Revelation has already happen, I will not further debate that.  I don't remember(73old) that you answered who The Word of God is in Rev. 19.  Since I see that you think it is Jesus, then you also must think it is Jesus in John 1:1-14.  Is that so?  And if that is so, then why do you not believe that Jesus existed with God before He became a man? The Gospel of John has several scriptures that has shown me, that Jesus was in Heaven with Jehovah God before the world was.  Do you believe that God and The Word of God are all titles?  One more thing.  I also have appreciated you not giving those that believe Jesus did exist before, a label and calling me names.  You are right, not to worry about yesterday, I don't either.  I am forever looking forward to the day Jesus returns, and only the truth will be taught. i did read the link about Revelation…….no comments, don't know….

Peace and love Irene

Wispring
    Participant

Hi Irene,
      I believe that “The Word” mentioned in John 1:1-14 is the Christed mind. The Christed mind first came in the flesh in Jesus Something. Don't know what Mary and Joseph's last name is. This why he is called Jesus Christ or Christ Jesus. He was anointed with the “The Word”. He is the anointed one of OT prophesy. Jesus said we can do all things he does and even more. This “Christed mind” is one of many of God's words. Jesus was the first and the Christed mind is everyone else's universal inheritance if they so choose it. It's not a magic pill or whatever. It's not instantaneaous. You have to spiritually grow into it with Jesus and God's help. Beyond belief, this is what I know.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                 Wispring

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 04 2011,03:27)
    Hi Irene,
      I believe that “The Word” mentioned in John 1:1-14 is the Christed mind. The Christed mind first came in the flesh in Jesus Something. Don't know what Mary and Joseph's last name is. This why he is called Jesus Christ or Christ Jesus. He was anointed with the “The Word”. He is the anointed one of OT prophesy. Jesus said we can do all things he does and even more. This “Christed mind” is one of many of God's words. Jesus was the first and the Christed mind is everyone else's universal inheritance if they so choose it. It's not a magic pill or whatever. It's not instantaneaous. You have to spiritually grow into it with Jesus and God's help. Beyond belief, this is what I know.

With Love and Respect,
                                                                 Wispring

Wispring ……….BINGO , You have it right brother. The CHRISTOS or Anointing of GOD can be in ANYONE , “FOR I SHALL PURE FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL FLESH SAYS THE Eternal………,

Again the KEY is knowing what SPIRIT really is and so much will fall into place written in scriptures. Your are blessed if you fully understand this Wispring. It is grate to get the MYSTERY out of RELIGION and make sense out of what is truly written.

peace and love to you and your brother………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shimmer………How about this one in the Gospel of Thomas>

Jesus said to Thomas……..If a Loin kills and eats a man the lion gains because the man has become part of the Lion, and if a man kills a Lion and eats a Lion,  the Lion gains because it has became part of the man.   I was just bringing that back from memory hope i quited it right. I takes some thought to understand that. You see what we eat become part of Us it goes into our Bodies and into the blood and into the cells  and visa versa so at any rate the LION alway gains because it  become part of a Man.  

I love those mind twister riddles………………………Peace and love to you and your Shimmer………………………gene

PS i keep saying Shimmer because like that name, it fit you better i think :)

karmarie
    Participant

Thats alright Gene, you can call me that.

What id like to know any and all is this;

Is what you see there in the book Sheppard of Hermas….is that more on the side of pre-existance believers or non pre-existance believers?

Becaus that was one of the favourite book's of the early Church, so whatever it say's must have been how they saw it too.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 04 2011,03:27)
    Hi Irene,

With Love and Respect,
                                                                 Wispring

Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

So when I read these Scriptures, The Word of God is n
    not with God, to you?

To me it does not say, He was in Gods mindset. It does say that He was with God. I see two beings here. It also goes nicely with these Scriptures.

Jhn 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jhn 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
    Here the Jews were amazed that Jesus said He was before Abraham. On several occasion, Jesus said that he was send, in chapter6.

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Here is another occasion.

Hbr 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Col. John, and Hebrew speaks of that God through Jesus created the World. Are all these Scripture wrong? Or do all these Scriptures say something else? The firstborn of all creation too, and that is wrong too? There are all plain to understand Scriptures.

Also some believe that the translators were bias because the believed in the trinity. That makes no sence, because in
    Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The trinity doctrine is that Jesus always existed, and this Scripture and the next one says He was the firstborn of all creation.

Rev 3:14 ¶ And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The beginning of Gods creation…..

Peace and love Irene

Istari
    Participant

Irene and all,

Can you explain what it means that God 'Has appointed [Jesus as] heir of all things'?

Here are some leaders:
    1) Jesus was appointed … As Heir. When was he appointed heir?

2) If Jesus was appointed as Heir because he overcame sin – the Sin of Adam – And Jesus did what Adam should have done (Jesus IS the Second Adam) What if Adam had not sinned?

3) Who would have been Appointed Heir if Adam had not sinned?

Istari
    Participant

Irene,
    Please can you explain what 'By him all things consist' means.

karmarie
    Participant

Wrong place sorry.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ April 04 2011,06:27)
    Hi Irene,

With Love and Respect,
                                                                 Wispring

Thats how i'm seeing it now wispring.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ April 04 2011,09:49)
    Irene,
    Please can you explain what 'By him all things consist' means.

I care less what YOU ask me…..believe what you want to, and I will not debate ever with you again….So if you address a post to me, in the future I will NOT answer it…Irene

Istari
    Participant

Irene,
    Uh! Wazup! What did I say?
    If you can't answer then just don't!

I don't know what that verse means – you posted it so I guessed you must know.

Irene, may God be with you through his Holy Spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 10,701 through 10,720 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account